PDA

View Full Version : The Money

GoRonPaul
06-08-2007, 06:58 AM
The story about the $5M raised by RP is very exciting... I really hope that is true... And if it is, the Paul campaign, and us, should shout from the rooftops about it.

Anyway, the Republicans have had their way with the Dems over the last 30 years for the most part because of their superior fundraising ability. In the 70's and 80's some sophisticated direct marketers joined and consulted with the RNC. (I've heard that the top guys have recently and vocally left the party...)

They created a very successful marketing machine. If you've been on their list you know what I mean.

RP needs direct marketing, mail and email, employed on behalf of his campaign. I've donated to the Paul campaign and haven't seen any follow-up from them asking for more money...! Direct marketing is a science... You always want to go after the prospect when he's hot, and he's hot just after giving money, which may be counter-intuitive...

Anyway, I'm a direct marketer, and I'd love to work on behalf of the Paul campaign. But, as I'm in the process of setting up a new business in a foreign country, it's impossible for me right now... But, I am going to try to write a sales letter about Ron Paul, and all the wonderful benefits of donating to his campaign, that could be used by who ever wants to use it.

Someone from the Paul campaign should get in touch with high traffic websites that syndicate Paul like:

www.lewrockwell.com
http://dailyreckoning.com/Writers/RonPaul.html

(Libertarian sites mostly.)
and see if they'll actively promote his candidacy... a button or banner on the site... a blast to their email lists etc. whatever they can get...

BTW: Ask wealthy people you know to donate. I think I just secured a full $2,300 donation from a wealthy friend... who admires Paul, but hadn't really thought about donating...

I've got to run...

Go Ron Paul!! http://GoRonPaul.com

Dave
06-08-2007, 07:47 AM
Very good points. I agree about targeting people you know have money to try to get them excited about Dr. Paul - then maybe they'll donate.

Just wanted to let you know that I donated online in March and have received 2 follow-ups asking for more in the mail. Someone at HQ knows the tricks of the trade you're talking about. The addressing/postage of the second mailing was more sophisticated than the first. I know everyone is frustrated with HQ but give them a break - they're swamped but they ARE making progress - clearly.

DjLoTi
06-08-2007, 07:48 AM
I bet they're way more swamped then before :P

beermotor
06-08-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm glad they're swamped. We don't really need 'em honestly. We're doing just great completely on our own. All ya need is an automated payment acceptance system. They should quit wasting money on direct mail stuff just now . . .

qednick
06-08-2007, 08:46 AM
The story about the $5M raised by RP is very exciting... I really hope that is true... And if it is, the Paul campaign, and us, should shout from the rooftops about it.

Anyway, the Republicans have had their way with the Dems over the last 30 years for the most part because of their superior fundraising ability. In the 70's and 80's some sophisticated direct marketers joined and consulted with the RNC. (I've heard that the top guys have recently and vocally left the party...)

They created a very successful marketing machine. If you've been on their list you know what I mean.

RP needs direct marketing, mail and email, employed on behalf of his campaign. I've donated to the Paul campaign and haven't seen any follow-up from them asking for more money...! Direct marketing is a science... You always want to go after the prospect when he's hot, and he's hot just after giving money, which may be counter-intuitive...

Anyway, I'm a direct marketer, and I'd love to work on behalf of the Paul campaign. But, as I'm in the process of setting up a new business in a foreign country, it's impossible for me right now... But, I am going to try to write a sales letter about Ron Paul, and all the wonderful benefits of donating to his campaign, that could be used by who ever wants to use it.

Someone from the Paul campaign should get in touch with high traffic websites that syndicate Paul like:

www.lewrockwell.com
http://dailyreckoning.com/Writers/RonPaul.html

(Libertarian sites mostly.)
and see if they'll actively promote his candidacy... a button or banner on the site... a blast to their email lists etc. whatever they can get...

BTW: Ask wealthy people you know to donate. I think I just secured a full $2,300 donation from a wealthy friend... who admires Paul, but hadn't really thought about donating...

I've got to run...

Go Ron Paul!! http://GoRonPaul.com

Actually, I got a 4-page long direct mail in my mailbox just a couple of days ago. I didn't mention it because I figured everyone else who had contributed previously would get the same thing. It includes a donation form. I will be sending it back with a check today. :)