PDA

View Full Version : Look Who's Tied to Obama's Birth Certificate: Elena Kagan

michaelwise
08-05-2010, 12:16 AM
"It just keeps getting deeper and deeper, doesn't it?"

"By Joe Kovacs
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

Just when you thought there couldn't be any more players in the ongoing soap opera over the hunt for President Obama's original birth certificate and his constitutional eligibility for office, there comes yet another name: Elena Kagan.

Yes, the same Elena Kagan nominated by the commander in chief to be the next justice on the U.S. Supreme Court has actually been playing a role for some time in the dispute over whether Obama is legally qualified to be in the White House.

Here's the connection. Kagan served as solicitor general of the United States from March 2009 until May of this year.

In that role, she legally represented the U.S. government in numerous cases coming before the Supreme Court.

A simple search of the high court's own website reveals Kagan's name coming up at least nine times on dockets involving Obama eligibility issues.

Searching the dockets at the U.S. Supreme Court's website reveals Elena Kagan's name coming up numerous times on cases challenging President Obama's constitutional eligibility for office. (Supreme Court screenshot with name highlighted by WND, Aug. 4, 2010)"
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=187797

I am just so disgusted with my government, period.

youngbuck
08-05-2010, 01:20 AM
Wow, not surprised.

silus
08-05-2010, 01:31 AM
I guess i'm supposed to react, but I really don't understand the significance of a name coming under a docket...:shrug Did it specify her role?

Rael
08-05-2010, 01:39 AM
How is this unusual? The solicitor general represents the administration all the time on all sorts of issues.

devil21
08-05-2010, 01:44 AM
How is this unusual? The solicitor general represents the administration all the time on all sorts of issues.

The implication is obviously a case of tit for tat going on. Whether Kagan was directly involved in any of the cases would need to be proven to verify the implication though. That wouldn't be terribly difficult if one has access to the court filings and docket info since they specifically state the attorney-of-record and any assistant attorneys present and involved.

Nothing surprises me anymore though.

Zippyjuan
08-05-2010, 01:51 AM
She likely would have only gotten involved if the case actually went before the Supreme Court- and none of them did.

devil21
08-05-2010, 01:56 AM
She likely would have only gotten involved if the case actually went before the Supreme Court- and none of them did.

Maybe, maybe not. The article assumes she was directly involved. Your comment assumes she wasn't. Both are jumping to conclusions without all the facts.

nate895
08-05-2010, 02:00 AM
As previously mentioned, the Solicitor General always represents the administration to the Supreme Court. If Obama's eligibility came into question, it would be her job in that position to defend his eligibility using whatever legal maneuvering she could. The Solicitor General is basically the administration's defense attorney.

Zippyjuan
08-05-2010, 02:11 AM
Maybe, maybe not. The article assumes she was directly involved. Your comment assumes she wasn't. Both are jumping to conclusions without all the facts.

You are right- it is the article making the assumption as you say (oops implication- they don't actually say she was involved either- they are careful about what they do say):

Here's the connection. Kagan served as solicitor general of the United States from March 2009 until May of this year

In that role, she legally represented the U.S. government in numerous cases coming before the Supreme Court.

But none of the Obama cases came before the Supreme Court. As the Solicitor General it not at all unusual for her name to appear on a docket involving the US Government. That does not mean she is involved with any of them herself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solicitor_General_of_the_United_States

The United States Solicitor General is the person appointed to represent the Government of the United States before the Supreme Court of the United States. Currently[update], the Solicitor General is Elena Kagan, who was confirmed by the United States Senate on March 19, 2009. The Principal Deputy, Neal Katyal, is currently serving as Acting Solicitor General.[1]

The Solicitor General determines the legal position that the United States will take in the Supreme Court. In addition to supervising and conducting cases in which the government is a party, the Solicitor General's office also files amicus curiae briefs in cases in which the federal government has a significant interest in the legal issue. The Solicitor General's office argues on behalf of the government in virtually every case in which the United States is a party, and also argues in most of the cases in which the government has filed an amicus brief. In the federal courts of appeals, the Office of the Solicitor General reviews cases decided against the United States and determines whether the government will seek review in the Supreme Court. The Solicitor General's office also reviews cases decided against the United States in the federal district courts and approves every case in which the government files an appeal.

HOLLYWOOD
08-05-2010, 02:27 AM
As previously mentioned, the Solicitor General always represents the administration to the Supreme Court. If Obama's eligibility came into question, it would be her job in that position to defend his eligibility using whatever legal maneuvering she could. The Solicitor General is basically the administration's defense attorney.

I'd like to see the Phone/Email/im/text messages between Kagan's locations and the Chicago White House's gang of communications.

There's always a trail... betcha there's plenty on the solicitor general of ONLY 14 months.

Still curious to this Lindsey Graham endorsing devotion to Kagan... what deal did he cut in the after life of 2014?

libertarian4321
08-05-2010, 03:36 AM
I fail to see anything "shocking" here.

Maybe if you get a photo of Kagan shredding documents proving Obama was born in Kenya/Indonesia/Mars I'll be shocked.

Noob
08-05-2010, 03:47 AM
Inconsistencies found in passport applications released by State Department for Obama’s alleged mother. Dunham provided two different marriage dates, used several names, and mentioned virtually nothing of her alleged children.

http://www.thepostemail.com/2010/08/01/inconsistencies-found-in-passport-applications-released-by-state-department-for-obamas-alleged-mother/

This is in regards to the recent FOIA release of Obama's mama Stanley Ann Dunham's passport records.

As reported here, all pre-1965 passport records for Stanley Ann Dunham were said to be destroyed even though they are required to maintain passport records for 100 years. Also, the U.S. State Department website states that the Passport Services maintains passport records for passports issued from 1925 to present.

I guess this explains the passport breach during the 2008 presidential campaign!?

http://obamareleaseyourrecords.blogspot.com/2010/08/strunk-in-opposition-to-summary.html

New documents point to Indonesian citizenship Mother dropped Obama from U.S. passport when being American dangerous

Documents released by the State Department in two separate Freedom of Information Act requests bolster evidence Barack Obama became a citizen of Indonesia when he moved to the Southeast Asian nation with his mother and stepfather in the late 1960s.

In a passport amendment submitted Aug. 13, 1968, Obama's mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, identified her son with an Indonesian surname and asked the State Department to drop him from her U.S. passport.

The transaction could have been part of an effort by Dunham to obtain Indonesian citizenship for her son. It took place before the State Department began requiring all citizens traveling abroad, regardless of age, to obtain their own passport.

Several court cases challenging Obama's presidential eligiblity have argued he gave up his U.S. citizenship in Indonesia and used an Indonesian passport to travel to Pakistan in the early 1980s. Indonesia does not allow dual citizenship.

The amendment was submitted less than a year after Dunham joined her second husband, Lolo Soetoro, in Indonesia. It requested "Barack Obama II (Soebarkah)" be removed from her U.S. passport, No. 777788.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=187813

michaelwise
08-05-2010, 12:51 PM
The entire Obama family reeks of criminal activity. What's with all the aliases?

Dr.3D
08-05-2010, 12:57 PM
The entire Obama family reeks of criminal activity. What's with all the aliases?

Isn't that the way things are done in Chicago? :D

dannno
08-05-2010, 01:06 PM
I fail to see anything "shocking" here.

Maybe if you get a photo of Kagan shredding documents proving Obama was born in Kenya/Indonesia/Mars I'll be shocked.

Uh, that would never happen.. This is simply a case of a judge protecting Obama and then later receiving a favor for said protection and doing a good job.

Bruno
08-05-2010, 01:26 PM
quid pro quo

Dr.3D
08-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Uh, that would never happen.. This is simply a case of a judge protecting Obama and then later receiving a favor for said protection and doing a good job.

Kind of makes one wonder how much other 'behind the back' stuff goes on in Washington.

Live_Free_Or_Die
08-05-2010, 01:50 PM
I'd like to see the Phone/Email/im/text messages between Kagan's locations and the Chicago White House's gang of communications.

There's always a trail... betcha there's plenty on the solicitor general of ONLY 14 months.

Still curious to this Lindsey Graham endorsing devotion to Kagan... what deal did he cut in the after life of 2014?

If you get a hold of the phone/email/im/text messages be sure to post them. I would also like to read em. :)

Peace&Freedom
08-05-2010, 01:52 PM
The protection of Barry's documents from public access or review goes back to before he was even a noted politician---which suggests a CIA or other intelligence op.

devil21
08-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Front page of Yahoo says she was just formally confirmed to SCOTUS.

michaelwise
08-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Front page of Yahoo says she was just formally confirmed to SCOTUS.God help us.