PDA

View Full Version : Another Free State Project?

RP4ME
10-16-2007, 01:53 AM
http://www.freestateproject.org/archives/state_reports/montana4

Id move there!

FrankRep
10-16-2007, 06:46 AM
The free state project needs to be started in a warmer state. Please?

kylejack
10-16-2007, 06:48 AM
That's the Free West Project. Anyway, though, the idea is to hit a state with:

1) low population
2) already liberty-oriented
3) small size (better for activism)

No state meets that criteria like New Hampshire. There's no good states for this in the South.

RP4ME
10-16-2007, 03:48 PM
That's the Free West Project. Anyway, though, the idea is to hit a state with:

1) low population
2) already liberty-oriented
3) small size (better for activism)

No state meets that criteria like New Hampshire. There's no good states for this in the South.

What about South Carolina - i agree I hate teh Cold !!!

Marshall
10-16-2007, 04:39 PM

Learn to enjoy sledding, skiing, and building snow men? Plus, theres no hurricane season up north!

jgmaynard
10-16-2007, 04:45 PM
I was part of this discussion for over a year on the FSP site. PLEASE not again! LOL. There's a whole 20 page booklet that was written on the 10 states that we were looking at that explains pretty convincingly that NH was the best choice. I could probably scan it and zip it if need be. :O)
If you want to know what we did in just the first 1 1/2 years or so, take a look at: http://varrin.com/fsp-successes.html. We have had a tremendous impact already in the state.
Our forefathers risked their lives and fortunes to be free. We have one of the wealthiest states with the lowest taxes in the continental US. We can teach you how to live with one difficult season out of four, and to me that's a better choice than living with less freedom.

JM

RP4ME
10-16-2007, 07:22 PM
I was part of this discussion for over a year on the FSP site. PLEASE not again! LOL. There's a whole 20 page booklet that was written on the 10 states that we were looking at that explains pretty convincingly that NH was the best choice. I could probably scan it and zip it if need be. :O)
If you want to know what we did in just the first 1 1/2 years or so, take a look at: http://varrin.com/fsp-successes.html. We have had a tremendous impact already in the state.
Our forefathers risked their lives and fortunes to be free. We have one of the wealthiest states with the lowest taxes in the continental US. We can teach you how to live with one difficult season out of four, and to me that's a better choice than living with less freedom.

JM

I know but there are more places to hide in montana hahaha :D and its is very libertarian

AlexAmore
10-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Lets try and get one state free/seceded first.

RP4ME
10-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Lets try and get one state free/seceded first.

is that the goal of the free state project to secede??????

fsk
10-16-2007, 08:18 PM
You can start a "free state project" anywhere with a handful of friends. That's how agorism works. You do work and don't report it to the government for taxation, regulation, and confiscation.

FrankRep
10-16-2007, 08:53 PM

I hope not. No way. Lets keep united.

ADGettis
10-16-2007, 09:17 PM

Don't know if this is your cup of tea, but there is a similar project focused on SC: http://www.christianexodus.org/

Also, re: Montana, I moved here last year from Minnesota, and it is a relative paradise for a liberty lover. Plus, the Missoula area is actually very temperate because it is in a valley.

RP4ME
10-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Don't know if this is your cup of tea, but there is a similar project focused on SC: http://www.christianexodus.org/

Also, re: Montana, I moved here last year from Minnesota, and it is a relative paradise for a liberty lover. Plus, the Missoula area is actually very temperate because it is in a valley.

ooo ooo talk to me - I ve been looking a RE - i am big on horses and woudl have some if i moved there but I also liek city life too....so can you have a small farm 20 acres or less on pretty land with prett views and trees and a crick and be withing 45 minutes of a city for under 500K? What do you do for fun? Is it social? Or is it very isolating? is there a Sbux?

ADGettis
10-16-2007, 10:10 PM
ooo ooo talk to me - I ve been looking a RE - i am big on horses and woudl have some if i moved there but I also liek city life too....so can you have a small farm 20 acres or less on pretty land with prett views and trees and a crick and be withing 45 minutes of a city for under 500K? What do you do for fun? Is it social? Or is it very isolating? is there a Sbux?

Keeping things on topic, PM sent.

margomaps
10-16-2007, 10:13 PM

No, that is certainly not the goal of the free state project. You can read about it yourself at http://www.freestateproject.org. In a nutshell, the purpose of the project is to get a bunch of liberty activists to move to NH to reduce the size and scope of government. Whoever moves is free to pursue that broad goal in whatever manner they see fit. For some, that might include talking about secession, but that's certainly not a "free state project" position.

Also, I agree with the other poster: let's work on getting one state free first. If that works, then we can focus on other states. But creating multiple projects serves mainly to dilute our clout across multiple states.

RP4ME
10-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Im hardly organizing another state project....my link was from teh NH free state project about monatan being a contender....?????? We are just discussing MT....

austin356
10-16-2007, 11:26 PM
so when is the FSP going to get a Senator elected?

One NH senator was completely like Ron Paul they could block so much bs in Washington.

johngr
10-17-2007, 08:34 AM
You can start a "free state project" anywhere with a handful of friends. That's how agorism works. You do work and don't report it to the government for taxation, regulation, and confiscation.

Can you tell us more about agorism? I am beginning to believe that voting is a waste of time and that Ron Paul might be a bad thing of sorts as he sucks us (me who cynically gave up on politics) back in to the system when we could do more outside it. I think a boycott of the federal reserve might more effective.