PDA

View Full Version : Phonebanking scripts

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2010, 05:54 PM
the iCaucus group who has endorsed me has their own phonebanking tool which I can participate in. All I need to do is to provide the script and let them know what sort of information I would like recorded. I wouldn't mind some input on the three scripts I have put together:

-----------------------------------------------

DEMOCRATS:

Good afternoon/morning,

My name is ___________ and I am calling to talk with you about what may be the most important election in North Carolina the last century.

We all know that both the State and the Federal governments have lost their way and have become hopelessly corrupted by the revolving process of lobbyist influence, political favors, and special interest payouts.

This problem has happened because our government no longer obeys the Constitution, and our elected officials ignore the voters who put them there. The solution is not to elect a new and different corruptible politician but to return to the Constitution as it is written.

Glen Bradley is a candidate for North Carolina State House of Representatives. He has been a Constitutionalist for 20 years, and an activist for restoring the Constitutional order. Glen is a strict Constitutionalist who has a well documented history of fighting against his own Republican Party whenever their policies violate the State or Federal Constitutions. Glen joined the United States Marine Corps in order to put his life on the line to uphold and defend the US Constitution, and today he is bringing his passion for strict obedience to the Constitution in the form of a limited government that puts the people first.

Glen is a Christian who attended the Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, NC, and as a current self employed small business owner, he understands the economic issues that relate to job growth in our current environment of spiking unemployment.

Do you have any questions about Glen Bradley that I may be able to answer, or pass on to the candidate to answer for you?

Can we count on your vote for Glen Bradley this year for North Carolina State House?

(if no)

What are the primary issues preventing you from voting for Glen?

(if undecided)

What are the primary issues you would like to see clarified before deciding who to vote for?

(if yes)

Thank you! Can I ask if you would be willing to help volunteer for the Glen Bradley campaign?

Would you be willing to host a "Meet the Candidates Forum" in your home?

Would you like some additional information on early voting of absentee voting?

Will you need assistance getting to the polls during early voting or on voting day?

Thank you so much for your time and patience. As a concerned citizen, I know that with your help, we can turn this around and restore the State of North Carolina and the United States back to the model of personal and economic liberty that will make us that prosperous and free 'light upon a hill' which all the world will strive to be.

UNAFFILIATEDS:

Good afternoon/morning,

My name is ___________ and I am calling to talk with you about what may be the most important election in North Carolina the last century.

We all know that both the State and the Federal governments have lost their way and have become hopelessly corrupted by the revolving process of lobbyist influence, political favors, and special interest payouts.

This problem has happened because our government no longer obeys the Constitution, and our elected officials ignore the voters who put them there. The solution is not to elect a new and different corruptible politician but to return to the Constitution as it is written.

Glen Bradley is a candidate for North Carolina State House of Representatives. He has been a Constitutionalist for 20 years, and an activist for restoring the Constitutional order. Glen joined the United States Marine Corps in order to put his life on the line to uphold and defend the US Constitution, and today he is bringing his passion for strict obedience to the Constitution in the form of a limited government that puts the people first.

Glen is a Christian who attended the Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, NC, and as a current self employed small business owner, he understands the economic issues that relate to job growth in our current environment of spiking unemployment.

Do you have any questions about Glen Bradley that I may be able to answer, or pass on to the candidate to answer for you?

Can we count on your vote for Glen Bradley this year for North Carolina State House?

(if no)

(if undecided)

What are the primary issues you would like to see clarified before deciding who to vote for?

(if yes)

Thank you! Can I ask if you would be willing to help volunteer for the Glen Bradley campaign?

Will you need assistance getting to the polls during early voting or on voting day?

Thank you so much for your time and patience. As a concerned citizen, I know that with your help, we can turn this around and restore the State of North Carolina and the United States back to the model of personal and economic liberty that will make us that prosperous and free 'light upon a hill' which all the world will strive to be.

REPUBLICANS:

Good afternoon/morning,

Glen Bradley is a candidate for North Carolina State House of Representatives. He has been a Constitutionalist for 20 years, and an activist for restoring the Constitutional order. Glen is currently serving as the 1st Vice Chairman of the Franklin County Republican Party, and has been instrumental in working to reform the North Carolina GOP towards a stronger adherence to conservative and Constitutional principles. Glen joined the United States Marine Corps in order to put his life on the line to uphold and defend the US Constitution, and today he is bringing his passion for strict obedience to the Constitution in the form of a limited government that puts the people first.

(if no)

(if undecided)

(if yes)

jacque
08-04-2010, 09:14 PM
good stuff:)

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2010, 09:15 PM
I thought so. I was a little concerned it may be too long.

devil21
08-05-2010, 02:22 AM
My thoughts:

If the caller gets past the first sentence without hanging up then they'll likely stay on the line for as long as the script lasts, within reason, but you have to keep them involved. I do think the scripts are overly long and have too much unnecessary flowery language.

For example,

"We all know that both the State and the Federal governments have lost their way and have become hopelessly corrupted by the revolving process of lobbyist influence, political favors, and special interest payouts."

My version would be:
"I'm sure you are aware that the State and Federal governments have lost their way and are corrupted by vast lobbyist influences, political favors and special interests."

Don't say hopelessly. Why would they want to vote for you or vote at all if it's hopeless? Avoid unnecessary suggestive negative words.

Also I think you should put your military service first in your qualifications since that will register with people and put them at ease much quicker than "20 year Constitutionalist" will. Also, you might want to involve the listener earlier in the script with a question or two just to keep their interaction open so they'll listen to what's being said. Think Frank Luntz when you write your scripts. We hate him but he does know how to influence people with his "Words That Work". PM me if you want to discuss more in depth. I kinda like stuff like this.

teacherone
08-05-2010, 04:31 AM
Plug your name and bio into the first sentence! Name recognition is important--- just ask Schiff.

libertarian4321
08-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Glen joined the United States Marine Corps in order to put his life on the line to uphold and defend the US Constitution,

Unless you joined during war time, that might sound a little over the top, get rid of the "life on the line" stuff, especially for Dems and Independents. Also, as others have said, maybe move the military part up front.

You might want to tone down the religious stuff a bit (again, especially for Dem and Independents)- maybe just say you graduated form SE Baptist.

GunnyFreedom
09-08-2010, 10:42 AM
DEMOCRATS:

Good afternoon/morning,

I'm sure you are aware that the State and Federal governments have lost their way and are corrupted by vast lobbyist influences, political favors and special interests.

This has happened because our government no longer obeys the Constitution, and our elected officials ignore the voters who put them there. The solution is not to elect a new and different corruptible politician but to return to the Constitution as it is written.

Glen Bradley is a candidate for North Carolina State House of Representatives. He is a former US Marine, attended Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, and he is not a politician but an ordinary citizen angry at the status quo and determined to do something about it. Glen is a strict Constitutionalist with a long history of placing principle over party whenever their policies violate the State or Federal Constitutions. Today, Glen is bringing his passion for obedience to the Constitution and limited government to North Carolina in a way that puts the people first.

Glen is currently a self employed small business owner, and he understands the economic issues that relate to job growth in our current environment of rising unemployment.

(if no)

(if undecided)

(if yes)

UNAFFILIATEDS:

Good afternoon/morning,

I'm sure you are aware that the State and Federal governments have lost their way and are corrupted by vast lobbyist influences, political favors and special interests.

This has happened because our government no longer obeys the Constitution, and our elected officials ignore the voters who put them there. The solution is not to elect a new and different corruptible politician but to return to the Constitution as it is written.

Glen Bradley is a candidate for North Carolina State House of Representatives. He is a former US Marine, attended Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, and he is not a politician but an ordinary citizen angry at the status quo and determined to do something about it. Glen is a strict Constitutionalist with a long history of placing principle over party whenever their policies violate the State or Federal Constitutions. Today, Glen is bringing his passion for obedience to the Constitution and limited government to North Carolina in a way that puts the people first.

Glen is currently a self employed small business owner, and he understands the economic issues that relate to job growth in our current environment of rising unemployment. The best way to fix our economy is to put a stop to the out of control spending that puts our States children and grandchildren into debt despite our State's ignored Balanced Budget Amendment. Glen's policy on education will be to remove government bureaucracy and restore control back to the parents and local districts where it belongs.

(if no)

(if undecided)

(if yes)

REPUBLICANS:

Good afternoon/morning,

Glen Bradley is a candidate for North Carolina State House of Representatives. He is a former US Marine, attended Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, and he is not a politician but an ordinary citizen angry at the status quo and determined to do something about it. Glen is currently serving as the 1st Vice Chairman of the Franklin County Republican Party, and has been instrumental in working to reform the North Carolina GOP towards a stronger adherence to conservative and Constitutional principles. Glen is a strict Constitutionalist with a long history of placing principle over party whenever their policies violate the State or Federal Constitutions. Today, Glen is bringing his passion for obedience to the Constitution and limited government to North Carolina in a way that puts the people first.

Glen is currently a self employed small business owner, and he understands the economic issues that relate to job growth in our current environment of rising unemployment. The best way to fix our economy is to put a stop to the out of control spending that puts our States children and grandchildren into debt despite our State's ignored Balanced Budget Amendment. Glen's policy on education will be to remove government bureaucracy and restore control back to the parents and local districts where it belongs.

(if no)

(if undecided)

(if yes)

Elwar
09-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Ask them what they're wearing...

GunnyFreedom
09-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Ask them what they're wearing...

LMAO - I am trying to get elected, not arrested! :D