PDA

View Full Version : techPresident: Inside Ron Paul Nation

CasualApathy
10-16-2007, 01:12 AM
http://www.techpresident.com/blog/entry/9914/inside_ron_paul_nation

Some data-crunching. It has a nice state-by-state breakdown of the revolution. Of course, techPresident haven't been too kind to Paul in the past, but i think this article is still worth a look.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2228/1583472886_fea3ed47ac_o.jpg

fez2008
10-16-2007, 01:21 AM
Iowa and south carolina must pull up their socks !

edit: Actually, it doesn't mean much if other candidates also have similar shades... what will be interesting is ststeby state shares for each candidate

BIG EDIT: if you look at the data it was taken from ronpaulgraphs a random sample of last 400 donors about 10:30 pm on sunday. Probably a lot of east coast is sleeping then or atleast not donating - (that doesnt expalin NH)? The only wayto know is ask ronpaulgraphs to analyze all the data they have (instead of the last 400)

reaver
10-16-2007, 01:44 AM
We need to get Ron Paul signs on bridges over the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers.

walt
10-16-2007, 05:22 AM
Wow. I've suspected Iowa is a problem for a long time.

The Ohio and New York thing is old heavy union worker territory. Freedom and independence are not as popular there - we need to educate people in Ohio. Michigan, New York on economics.

kylejack
10-16-2007, 05:36 AM
So a question: what is our most fertile fund-raising ground? States that have given high $ per capita, or states with low $ per capita (which are potentially under-saturated with ads/rallies/etc.)?

kylejack
10-16-2007, 05:37 AM
No, doubt, New Hampshire is Ground Zero for this campaign. If we can't win in New Hampshire or at least take second or third, we can't possibly win the nation. Actually, I don't even think third is going to be good enough. Second, maybe.

torchbearer
10-16-2007, 07:48 AM
That image tells you more good information than those phone polls. have you sent this to HQ?

kylejack
10-16-2007, 07:49 AM
Also interesting: South Dakota didn't do so bad after all. It just has a very low population.

Primbs
10-16-2007, 08:14 AM
What is interesting is that Ruffini is still being paid by the Rudy campaign to provide computer services ccording to the last FEC report. So they must think Ron Paul is a threat.

chowda
10-16-2007, 08:30 AM
Iowa and south carolina must pull up their socks !

edit: Actually, it doesn't mean much if other candidates also have similar shades... what will be interesting is ststeby state shares for each candidate

BIG EDIT: if you look at the data it was taken from ronpaulgraphs a random sample of last 400 donors about 10:30 pm on sunday. Probably a lot of east coast is sleeping then or atleast not donating - (that doesnt expalin NH)? The only wayto know is ask ronpaulgraphs to analyze all the data they have (instead of the last 400)

The donor page had 7k+ donors on it... after he published that article the traffic was so high it was killing my server... over 1 gig of traffic from that one page in less than a day...

I would generate a map like that if I knew how :) I'm going to email him and ask him what he used.

kylejack
10-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Oh yeah, CONGRATULATIONS on the big coverage, Dan. Fantastic. Get your game face on, because they're going to be asking you to come on The Situation Room soon. ;)

Sematary
10-16-2007, 08:35 AM
This breakdown is very helpful and we need to use it.

Bradley in DC
10-16-2007, 08:36 AM

The Ohio and New York thing is old heavy union worker territory. Freedom and independence are not as popular there - we need to educate people in Ohio. Michigan, New York on economics.

Me thinks we're more than a wee bit offensive and ignorant here: Dr. Paul is explicitly running as an old Taft Republican--you know, that guy from Ohio....I'll put my economic education (Ohio born, bred and educated) up against yours. If one of us needs to be schooled, I'm pretty which one of us it is. More likely there's a correlation between personal campaign visits by Dr. Paul and fundraising. How many times has he been to Ohio this campaign? Ever?

Or, Walt, is it just your practice to piss off and alienate as many people here and Ron Paul supporters as possible with everything you do?

TexMac
10-16-2007, 08:40 AM
The donor page had 7k+ donors on it... after he published that article the traffic was so high it was killing my server... over 1 gig of traffic from that one page in less than a day...

I would generate a map like that if I knew how :) I'm going to email him and ask him what he used.
That kind of surprises me because Ruffini doesn't get that much traffic. (http://siteanalytics.compete.com/patrickruffini.com+ronpaul2008.com+techpresident.c om?metric=uv) Were the hits all referred from his site?

kylejack
10-16-2007, 08:47 AM
That kind of surprises me because Ruffini doesn't get that much traffic. (http://siteanalytics.compete.com/patrickruffini.com+ronpaul2008.com+techpresident.c om?metric=uv) Were the hits all referred from his site?

He posts on Townhall and other places too.

chowda
10-16-2007, 08:48 AM

No.. it's coming from all over.. it adds up really quick. I've probably had few hundred hits on that one page from techpres and his personal site... but 300 hits at 1.2M each is over 300M alone.. and I suddenly had visions of a bunch of people scraping my pages to populate _their_ graphs and charts :) so I limited the page size and zipped my data feeds to greatly reduce my exposure.

Eric21ND
10-16-2007, 08:59 AM
We really need to redouble our efforts in Iowa and South Carolina pronto!

I'm collecting donations to get Ron Paul mosaic flyers to Iowa, please help out if you can.

paypal: eric21nd@hotmail.com

chowda
10-16-2007, 10:57 AM
We really need to redouble our efforts in Iowa and South Carolina pronto!

I'm collecting donations to get Ron Paul mosaic flyers to Iowa, please help out if you can.

paypal: eric21nd@hotmail.com

you should start a chipin.com widget and I'll put it on my page: http://ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html

robatsu
10-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Great article, fascinating. Thanks for posting.