PDA

View Full Version : we want you->3 Mil from Myspace and vote registration

fez2008
10-16-2007, 01:11 AM
This is similar to the myspace effort towards the end of last quarter.

1) You sign up (email ronpaulmyspace AT gmail DOT com )
2) you will be given a list of 600 urls of rp friends on myspace
3) contact them and tell them 3 points
a) help raise 12 mil this quarter. Donate $20 per month this quarter to raise 3mil from the 70k rp friends
b) Register to vote
c) spread the word

We need 105 volunteers to finish this. It will only take about 6 hours of your time. You can do it whenever you want over two weeks.

Number of volunteers who signedup: 37
Number needed: 68

Thunderbolt
10-16-2007, 01:58 AM
This is a worthy project.

Stealth4
10-16-2007, 06:37 AM
I'd just add, that if you can volunteer, post up, and whomever can get back to you first (fez, myself, brianH) we will PM you based on your post and get you the files to get started.

This has huge potential as we have 63,000 myspace friends to contact (ones we didnt contact in the third atr), we know they like RP, and we know the third qtr effort was a success.

It doesnt take much of your time - you could complete it in just one week with 1 hour a day and its something done online that does help.

SIGNUP!

Stealth4
10-16-2007, 08:02 AM
bump...nobody has 20/min a day for this?

anewvoice
10-16-2007, 08:45 AM
I do, please send me a file. I did the 3Q also and I can tell you that my positive responses were in the 10-15% range.

Given spam normally gets a 2-3% range, we're definitely hitting fertile ground here folks.

Going to be online anyway, do this! We NEED more people to part with their hard earned money. I can tell you Ron Paul is the first candidate I have ever donated to and there are many more just like me!

Help us out.

Stealth4
10-16-2007, 08:49 AM
I do, please send me a file. I did the 3Q also and I can tell you that my positive responses were in the 10-15% range.

Given spam normally gets a 2-3% range, we're definitely hitting fertile ground here folks.

Going to be online anyway, do this! We NEED more people to part with their hard earned money. I can tell you Ron Paul is the first candidate I have ever donated to and there are many more just like me!

Help us out.

Sweet! You have a PM (in about 30 seconds)

hopeforamerica
10-16-2007, 08:51 AM
I just woke up. Give as southwest/west coasts folks a chance to see the post ;) I'll sign up!!

Stealth4
10-16-2007, 08:56 AM
I just woke up. Give as southwest/west coasts folks a chance to see the post ;) I'll sign up!!

you have a PM too :D

mconder
10-16-2007, 09:16 AM
RP's myspace friends should be considered opt-in and not spam, so we should see higher then 2-3%.

Stealth4
10-16-2007, 09:38 AM
RP's myspace friends should be considered opt-in and not spam, so we should see higher then 2-3%.

No I dont think they were saying its spam. I did 400 the last week of the 3rd qtr and got very good responses so I think this effort is very worthwhile.

Many people here spend a decent amount of time on this forum. All you have to do is just take 20 min of that time a day to do this - which we know can translate into serious $ for Ron Paul's campaign.

With just 100 people working a few hours we can contact 60,000 people who we know like Ron Paul - how can that not translate into serious $?

If anyone new to this has questions just ask. Its easy and I'd love to help you get started.

Thanks.

anewvoice
10-16-2007, 09:47 AM
I didn't mean it was spam, I meant that we have much better results than spam. These folks are willing to donate too. People sometimes just need to be asked.

Please take the time to do 600. Literally this is 100 people doing it.

We need 100 volunteers!!!

ronpaulhawaii
10-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Can one of you guys make a freemail account for this effort that I can send people to who are not on these forums?

Thanks

katao
10-16-2007, 10:06 AM
I'll volunteer again. Please help - this is a very important project.

Stealth4
10-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Can one of you guys make a freemail account for this effort that I can send people to who are not on these forums?

Thanks

You have a PM

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to email friends and include a link to this thread or post it to your meetup group.

We need to get these 100 people over the next 2-3 days.

hopeforamerica
10-16-2007, 10:33 AM
I just emailed my meetup group. Let's hope they step up and help out!

Stealth4
10-16-2007, 11:21 AM
bump - just reply to this thread if you can help.

anewvoice
10-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Also e-mailed my meetup group. There must be 100 Ron Paul loving people willing to do a simple (though tedious) task which requires NO money and NO personal interaction.

ronpaulhawaii
10-16-2007, 11:28 AM
You have a PM

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to email friends and include a link to this thread or post it to your meetup group.

We need to get these 100 people over the next 2-3 days.

I mentioned this in my PM reply but thought to say it publically.

Is getting people to join this forum just for this effort a smart thing to do considering the volume problems Josh and Bryan are dealing with?

Further, why is 2-3 days so important? The last effort was a Q3 last week push. This one could be done a bit more methodically and with less of a rush, (so we don't get the burn-out issues we saw last time.) Also, many people are not as proficient or using slow connections and a 600# list is a formidable challange. It might be better to get 100 sub-organizers who then further split the list and spread the workload.

One more thought, is it possible that we can find a myspace expert that can create a template or something that will make it easy for newbies to set up an account

jus thinking out loud

Stealth4
10-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Ok

people can now email

ronpaulmyspace AT gmail DOT com

directly to get signed up for this effort - good suggestion.

%----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now who wants to take a crack at writing up a 1 page short instruction how how to do this and do it efficiently? Suggestions are good, but we need to start with a complete set of instructions first for new people. Help them get going.

ronpaulhawaii
10-16-2007, 11:51 AM
perfect, Thank you very much. I will be promoting this at our MU tonight with Portland and Vancouver, and our warm-up ride tomorrow

Keep Up the Good Work :)

Stealth4
10-16-2007, 01:50 PM
bump.

madcat033
10-16-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm in. Email sent.

xerxesdarius
10-16-2007, 03:40 PM
I don't currently have a Myspace account. Can I start one and do this? If so, let me have 'em and tell me how. (email sent)

Stealth4
10-16-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't currently have a Myspace account. Can I start one and do this? If so, let me have 'em and tell me how. (email sent)

Go ahead and setup a myspace account now.

Make it looks real, add a picture, write something - people will be less likely to donate if they think the request isnt coming from a real supporter they can relate to.

I, or someone else will get back to you later tonight with your set and some instructions.

Thanks. :)

anewvoice
10-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Also, if you have an empty site, your account is likely to be banned (I was the first time).

Thunderbolt
10-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Hey, anyone doing this already? So far, no captcha requests? Is this true for everyone or did I do something special to deserve this?

ronpaulhawaii
10-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey, anyone doing this already? So far, no captcha requests? Is this true for everyone or did I do something special to deserve this?

lol, I had some good runs with no captchas but doubt everyone will be so lucky this time.

T-Bolt- glad to see you are back on this. Curious as to your final count on the last. I know you were slamming through the lists at an impressive rate. Maybe you could write up a short tutorial on your method to help out those of us who are not so efficient ;)

Thanks everyone

Stealth4
10-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Sign ins are coming in fast...better get your list while they last ;)

Join in this effort to yield Ron Paul some serious extra cash.

Post up or email us at ronpaulmyspace AT gmail DOT com

Thunderbolt
10-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Well, good news. So far, I have had ten messages saying they are willing to do this and several who have donated today! Yeah!

Oh, I don't know how many I did last time. But it is easy, fun and I can usually do 600 in one day. I open three tabs. One. Open Myspace. 2. Open email with links on it. 3. click on link and new Myspace window opens for me. 4. click send message 5. use their name as the topic - keeps things random and I don't have to think about it. 6. hit send 7. close tab and I am back at email account. Click on next link and repeat.

Thunderbolt
10-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Also, I get a lot of people thanking me for sending these messages. So far only one who got upset. Not a bad record.

Thunderbolt
10-16-2007, 07:20 PM
By the way, control W closes a window in firefox, so you don't have to use your mouse to close the window after you send the message. A little shortcut that is very helpful.

Thunderbolt
10-16-2007, 08:41 PM
bump

This is a great way to get donations folks. Help us out!

Thunderbolt
10-16-2007, 09:44 PM
bump

ronpaulhawaii
10-17-2007, 12:52 AM
OK , I've bought this bump, who'll buy the next?

:D

Thank you very much for your donation of $20.08 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.
Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.
We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.
Thanks for being a part of the campaign!
Your confirmation number:
T58603-96458694

ronpaulhawaii
10-17-2007, 03:12 AM
bump, how many volunteers so far?

anewvoice
10-17-2007, 05:36 AM
how many more volunteers needed? put the countdown in the topic?

Stealth4
10-17-2007, 07:05 AM
how many more volunteers needed? put the countdown in the topic?

I sent out 10 sets of files yesterday. So we should be at about 13 total right now.

If your just reading this - SIGN UP TODAY!

email us at

Stealth4
10-17-2007, 09:02 AM
bump - join in please

rinkuhero
10-17-2007, 10:39 AM
I'll sign up, let me have my 600!

spivey378
10-17-2007, 11:01 AM
is it possible to do this with facebook? not that familiar with it

Stealth4
10-17-2007, 11:46 AM
is it possible to do this with facebook? not that familiar with it

Its possible.

%-------------------------------

Please sign up! Just got 3 more people in the last two hours.

Just think, for every 20 volunteers working 30 min / day we are contacting 1000 people a day who like Ron Paul but 90% of whom havent donated. its fairly easy, straightforward and we can really make donations snowball if we get 100 people working on this - thats 5000 people a day.

Stealth4
10-17-2007, 12:24 PM
bump

spivey378
10-17-2007, 12:42 PM
does the message have a link to switch parties? it should.

Stealth4
10-17-2007, 04:35 PM
does the message have a link to switch parties? it should.

geesh - are you signing up for this or what? :D

rinkuhero
10-17-2007, 04:54 PM
How many do we have so far?

Stealth4
10-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Ive sent out 15 files so were just under 20 total I believe.

I just checked my myspace account after messaging 50 people last night - all the responses were positive - thanking me for the reminder and letting me know they plan to donate today.

Please sign up for this - its very rewarding.

chiefsmurph
10-17-2007, 05:46 PM
I'd love to help out. I'll send you an email.

Stealth4
10-17-2007, 06:35 PM
I'd love to help out. I'll send you an email.

Done - up to almost at 20 files sent

Who's next?

Stealth4
10-17-2007, 08:10 PM
I guess I am at a loss as to why more people havent signed up yet.

So many people are active on this forum.

This is something easy that we know produces money for RP and more participating.

Its probably one of the best bang for the buck things we can do.

Please join in

chiefsmurph
10-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Absolutely, its a great way to do some fundraising especially for those people that are not willing to go out by foot.

Thunderbolt
10-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Hey, need some ideas here. I finally found an autofill program that I downloaded and now I can use some better titles in the Subject line. I scroll back and forth between four of them. Anyone got some good suggestions? Anything that works well.

Oh, and for those of you that are not doing this, you don't know what you are missing. This is so gratifying. The people who receive the emails actually thank you! We are only hitting Ron Paul Friends. So, this is not random. These are folks that are on our side already.

I have had a ton of people who have agreed and donated on the spot. One person even emailed me to look for his name as it came up next to the Statue of Liberty. He was so excited!

This is fun!

Now, how about some good subject lines please?

Thunderbolt
10-17-2007, 10:41 PM
How totally cool! I just got an email from someone who wanted to know about voter registration. I found out their state, went to the RP website and found the link for him. Then he emailed me back, thanked me for all the work (it took me two seconds) and said if it had not been for me, he probably wouldn't have gotten around to switching to Republican!

Not only did we get twenty bucks, but we just got a whole vote! This is amazing.

ronpaulhawaii
10-17-2007, 11:25 PM
T-Bolt, kickin @$$ again.

Whats the volunteer count at?

There are no good excuses for not helping here. I bet alot of the surge is being generated by these patriots

Go MySpace heroes

GO RON PAUL!!!

Chrispy
10-17-2007, 11:36 PM

a) help raise 12 mil this quarter. Donate $20 per month this quarter to raise 3mil from the 70k rp friends
b) Register to vote
c) spread the word

We need 105 volunteers to finish this. It will only take about 6 hours of your time. You can do it whenever you want over two weeks.

Number of volunteers who signedup: 5
Number needed: 100

Just signed up, if your running this check the mail and send me some URLs so i can get started tonight.

fez2008
10-18-2007, 01:18 AM
About 25(I sent 4 and I think stealth sent 21) files sent till now! Good job Stealth! Sorry I was not able to help much of things because of work.

fez2008
10-18-2007, 01:23 AM
T-Bolt, kickin @$$ again.

Whats the volunteer count at?

There are no good excuses for not helping here. I bet alot of the surge is being generated by these patriots

Go MySpace heroes

GO RON PAUL!!!

thanks for spreading the word in all threads and all thru the way. where are you biking now?

rrcamp
10-18-2007, 02:40 AM
Sign me up

ronpaulhawaii
10-18-2007, 03:58 AM
thanks for spreading the word in all threads and all thru the way. where are you biking now?

http://ronpaulriders.com/blog/

Sign me up

Thanks and welcome

m

Stealth4
10-18-2007, 07:22 AM
I've sent out 18 sets of files so far.

Who wants #19?

fez2008
10-18-2007, 11:07 AM
http://ronpaulriders.com/blog/

Thanks and welcome

m

Wow! Nice pictures in oregon. You should go to Columbia, SC and present a letter(signed by RP supporters across the country) to the governor Sanford asking to be running mate because that is the most important state on the route.
May be doing this in every state will get a lot of press?

Stealth4
10-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Next?

Dont make me beg.

Im not good at it

email

today to get started.

ronpaulhawaii
10-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Sure am glad I bought bumping rights LOL

There are no good excuses for not helping in this effort. It raises lots of money, takes little time, and you don't even have to leave your house.

I guess a bunch of people think their opinions are more valuable to RP than cold hard cash. If I see any one that is not a part of this complaining about donation numbers, I'm gonna call you on it

Maybe I'll even take a cue from truckinMike and start a wall of shame

m

Stealth4
10-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Just sent out my 20th file...almost up to 30 total.

There's still room for 75 more :)

email

to get signed up, your list of 600 myspace members and some instructions.

Thunderbolt
10-18-2007, 06:08 PM
bump

chiefsmurph
10-18-2007, 06:12 PM
This is such a good thing. Everyone just join.

TechnoGuyRob
10-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Bump!

dj191
10-18-2007, 11:02 PM
bump

rrcamp
10-19-2007, 10:31 AM
It's funny - I did my first 100 today, and I've gotten 4 replies back just now - all totally positive. I'd like to thank Stealth and fez2008 for organizing this - great job!!

ronpaulhawaii
10-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Here's a little inspiration for the hard working MySpace fundraisers

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/Ron%20Paul%20Riders/HPIM0428.jpg

ronpaulhawaii
10-19-2007, 01:37 PM
It's funny - I did my first 100 today, and I've gotten 4 replies back just now - all totally positive. I'd like to thank Stealth and fez2008 for organizing this - great job!!

Amazing work isn't it, thanks for helping Dr Paul in a really effective way.

;)

BrianH
10-19-2007, 06:19 PM

I did 100 today as well with the three short questions (my letter below) . It took much less time than I imagined. If a link was slow to open I just went back to the list and clicked the next one which opened in a new window while the other was opening. I didn't time myself but it seemed like just over an hour. Already 3 replies since posting 3 hours ago. All answer yes to all three questions. I plan to follow up on all the answers to see about recruiting new people.

So I just want to reinforce the above that this is VERY easy to do. I'm wondering how to improve response rate though - maybe others could share their letters here so we can get ideas.

Brian

Hi, I am a Ron Paul friend too and part of a volunteer team to survey the MySpace friends of Ron Paul and we have 3 questions for you:

1. Are you registered yet as a Republican to vote in the Primary?
2. Are you able to make a donation of $20 per month for the next 3 months? If all the MySpace friends of Ron Paul do this we'll get $3 million plus to the $12 million fundraising campaign for the 4th quarter which is vitally needed to win in the early primary states.
3. Would you be willing to help by contacting your friends or help us in our outreach to contact all 70,000 Ron Paul friends on MySpace?

It's a big effort, and we have to send messages out one at a time so it takes a lot of volunteers. But the payback is great - the numbers of people we're reaching can have a huge impact to help Ron Paul win the nomination.

Please let me know about your feedback for this effort or whatever way you are able to help Ron Paul. I am especially interested to know what the number 1 issue is for you that you like about Ron Paul. This helps in getting more supporters

Thanks very much

Brian

Also check:
http://www.thisnovember5th.com/
3,000 + have already pledged to donate $100 on 5th November - when we reach 100,000 it will give Ron Paul $10 million in one day. The idea is to create a BIG media sensation!

BrianH
10-19-2007, 06:25 PM

I didn't have one and I learned how to do it. I sent a message to the first person on my list of 500 and bingo - he was great and die hard Ron Paul supporter and answered all my questions about how to set the site up. It took me ages to find out how to send a message to a person when you get to their site - there's a pull down menu called shortcuts which I had realized that is where you a send a message.

ronpaulhawaii
10-19-2007, 08:07 PM
xerxesdarius, thank you bump

Stealth4
10-19-2007, 09:14 PM
I've now sent out 24 file sets, so we gotta be closing in on 30 total.

Thank you to those who have signed up.

For those interested, you are still welcome to email us at:

to get started - No experience required!

rinkuhero
10-20-2007, 12:00 AM
I've done 360 of my 600 so far, and I even got my cousin and sister to sign up to do 600 a day or two ago. It's fun! Everyone who reads this and who doesn't volunteer can't complain when you have to pay taxes in 2009 D:

rrcamp
10-20-2007, 06:58 AM
Don't forget - some of these people may not be US citizens (I've had a few already) but you should remind them that they can still donate to the unofficial campaign:

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html

I even wrote a separate e-mail for these people and screen them before messaging - it's really easy.

BrianH
10-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Don't forget - some of these people may not be US citizens (I've had a few already) but you should remind them that they can still donate to the unofficial campaign:

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html

I even wrote a separate e-mail for these people and screen them before messaging - it's really easy.

Great idea, I'll do it too! My response rate from first 150 sent since yesterday afternoon: 18 positive "have done all 3" and "love to help" and 2 fence sitters have questions etc. This is incredible response rate. So now I am committed to do 1500 by end of October and get at least 150 committed promoters in my network who will donate at least $20 per month. In November my goal is to work these 150 responders to commit to build a network of 10 people each who are similarly committed in first week of Nov.(1500 total) And these 10 should find 5 each by second week of nov(7500 total) and these should find 2 each by third week (15000 total) and these should find one each by end of November (30,000 total in the network). Then all we have to do in December is to each commit to find ONE more person per week. That would grow the network to 480,000 by year end. If 50 people from this project agreed to do this we'd have 24 million strong supporters by end of the year. AND imagine if they all gave $10 on the day of the Iowa Primary January 3rd ---- $240 million in one day!

Thanks fez for this idea - MySpace is the best network I can see happening real fast for Ron Paul!

ronpaulhawaii
10-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Great idea, I'll do it too! My response rate from first 150 sent since yesterday afternoon: 18 positive "have done all 3" and "love to help" and 2 fence sitters have questions etc. This is incredible response rate. So now I am committed to do 1500 by end of October and get at least 150 committed promoters in my network who will donate at least $20 per month. In November my goal is to work these 150 responders to commit to build a network of 10 people each who are similarly committed in first week of Nov.(1500 total) And these 10 should find 5 each by second week of nov(7500 total) and these should find 2 each by third week (15000 total) and these should find one each by end of November (30,000 total in the network). Then all we have to do in December is to each commit to find ONE more person per week. That would grow the network to 480,000 by year end. If 50 people from this project agreed to do this we'd have 24 million strong supporters by end of the year. AND imagine if they all gave $10 on the day of the Iowa Primary January 3rd ---- $240 million in one day!

Thanks fez for this idea - MySpace is the best network I can see happening real fast for Ron Paul!

The MySpace Patrol will out do all the other fundraising schemes I see on this board, combined. The work you guys are doing is very much appreciated by us activist types. I'm staying in the house the LA MUs had RP over for a dinner fundraiser. We are having a dinner MU tonight and I will once again promote this project.

BrianH, you are absolutely right that MySpace is the best network to be hitting RIGHT NOW. Your numbers above are actually reasonable. Now, imagine if a hundred signed on as Fez originally expected, (and considering how easy and satisfying it is, I remain mystified that people aren't clamoring to do it.) This truly is the best way to increase RP's numbers RIGHT NOW. No thought necessary, no debate, no money, just a little time and BAM, RP's numbers start shooting through the roof.

Maybe someone should make a poll

I decided not to help the MySpace effort because:

1- I think RP has enough money
2- I think RP has enough supporters
3- I think MySpace is for kids
4- I think I am more helpful criticizing the campaign
5- I think I am more helpful debating ideology
6- I think I am more helpful promoting divisive fundraising schemes
7- I am a lazy spammer sitting my mothers basement
8- I am a scaredy-cat
9- I am busy putting up signs, going door to door, creating promotional materials, organizing events, calling voters, etc. etc.

and here are some more activist RP girls from Portland. These are your friends...

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/Ron%20Paul%20Riders/HPIM0429.jpg

T - 14hrs & 10min

TechnoGuyRob
10-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Bump.

(that's a huuuge Ron Paul sign)

ronpaulyourmom
10-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Well, good news. So far, I have had ten messages saying they are willing to do this and several who have donated today! Yeah!

Oh, I don't know how many I did last time. But it is easy, fun and I can usually do 600 in one day. I open three tabs. One. Open Myspace. 2. Open email with links on it. 3. click on link and new Myspace window opens for me. 4. click send message 5. use their name as the topic - keeps things random and I don't have to think about it. 6. hit send 7. close tab and I am back at email account. Click on next link and repeat.

You sir, are an online patriot. 600 that's like 3-4 hours, damn!

Thunderbolt
10-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Is anyone on here that is doing this right now? I am out of names and I got a new set, but it is in attachment form and I can't find a program to open it so that I can click on the links. All that shows up is a string that is not blue and not clickable. I usually just open the email, then open another tab and go back and forth between them.

What do I do with this attachment and how can I open it to make it useful?

Thunderbolt
10-20-2007, 07:46 PM
I guess we should stop doing this. It seems from another thread that the campaign is now doing this themselves.

BrianH
10-20-2007, 09:20 PM
I guess we should stop doing this. It seems from another thread that the campaign is now doing this themselves.

Which other thread? I didn't see it. I think it is only possible on MySpace to send messages ONE AT A TIME. So I seriously doubt if the official campaign is doing this. I have been a MySpace friend of Ron Paul for over a month and have not yet received a message from them. And I am getting a really good rate of response - over 10%. Many want to get involved so I send them the first entry to this thread. Checking the g-mail I see that there's lots of new people signing up in the last couple of days maybe not from this forum. THIS WILL GO VIRAL and we need to capitalize on the greatest strength the campaign has - the internet. And the 70,000 MySpace friend list is a massive way to start. Yes many have already donated but appreciate the contact and share ideas on how to do more.

rinkuhero
10-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Is anyone on here that is doing this right now? I am out of names and I got a new set, but it is in attachment form and I can't find a program to open it so that I can click on the links. All that shows up is a string that is not blue and not clickable. I usually just open the email, then open another tab and go back and forth between them.

What I did for that is simply posted my list as a private entry in my LiveJournal -- that allowed me to click on the links to open each.

fez2008
10-21-2007, 12:17 AM

Do we have any confirmation on this?

fez2008
10-21-2007, 12:19 AM

b) Register to vote
c) spread the word

Number of volunteers who signedup: 37
Number needed: 68

Updated number above... need more volunteers

fez2008
10-21-2007, 12:20 AM
xerxesdarius, thank you bump

hey.. thankyou rider. quite a few people said you pointed them towards this effort...

BrianH
10-21-2007, 05:16 AM

Another way is to copy and paste into an e-mail and send it to yourself.

Thunderbolt
10-21-2007, 05:54 AM
any on right now?

BrianH
10-21-2007, 05:56 AM
any on right now?

What's up? You can also pm me if you want.

rinkuhero
10-21-2007, 10:25 AM
My 600 are sent. It took about 4-5 hours total, spread out over the course of a few days. Maybe in a few days I'll sign up for another 600 if we don't have enough volunteers by then.

Stealth4
10-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Hey all you guys hanging around for the debate...sign up for this myspace effort to bring in new donors to the Ron Paul Campaign.

Heres a little more info on the effort (in case your new to it)

%-------------------------------------------
It involves message people on that site who are already Ron Paul friends. Ron Paul has an official page there with about 70,000 friends now. We are messaging them to ask them to donate to his campaign and make sure they are ready for the primaries.

Ron Paul's myspace account/profile. 71,000 friends now!
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=158537123

Its an audience we know is friendly to Ron Paul but likely hasnt donated. It yielded great results the last week of the third qtr when we reached about 10,000 of his friends.
%---------------------------------------------

Email:

to get your set of names, instructions, etc

Stealth4
10-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Mad about FOX news and want to do something positive for RP with that energy?

email

and we will help you funnel your rage!

Stealth4
10-21-2007, 08:05 PM
post debate bump....email us!

ronpaulhawaii
10-21-2007, 10:36 PM

Here are some more friends of RP

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/LAMU.jpg

Please join this very effective effort

Thanks

m

rinkuhero
10-22-2007, 08:12 AM
I can also confirm that I didn't get one negative or even marginally annoyed response, all of them were positive, and a lot of people friended me on MySpace. So if any of you are holding off because you feel it's a bad thing to message people you don't know and ask for money, worry not, none of them took it that way.

Stealth4
10-22-2007, 11:12 AM
I can also confirm that I didn't get one negative or even marginally annoyed response, all of them were positive, and a lot of people friended me on MySpace. So if any of you are holding off because you feel it's a bad thing to message people you don't know and ask for money, worry not, none of them took it that way.

Thanks for the bump - I too have gotten all positive responses so far.

email

to get started - we still need more volunteers.

Stealth4
10-22-2007, 04:11 PM
All - Nobody has signed up for this today! :(

This is easy - we have a large number of people who are active on this forum - please sign up - We are about halfway there right now.

Take a look through this thread - this is a very worthwhile effort.

Please dont let us and Ron Paul down. We can sign up a large number of people this way to donate to RP and get them more involved in the campaign.

Email us now! at:

Mark
10-22-2007, 04:18 PM
All - Nobody has signed up for this today! :(

This is easy - we have a large number of people who are active on this forum - please sign up - We are about halfway there right now.

Take a look through this thread - this is a very worthwhile effort.

Please dont let us and Ron Paul down. We can sign up a large number of people this way to donate to RP and get them more involved in the campaign.

Email us now! at:

emailing 'as we speak"...

hopeforamerica
10-22-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm still working on my first list. I'll let you know when I'm ready for a second!

ronpaulhawaii
10-22-2007, 09:42 PM
bump for the money raisers

ronpaulhawaii
10-23-2007, 09:44 AM
morning bump. The more people who help on this project, the more people we will have for other projects. MySpace was untapped until fez started this.

Fez- maybe you could get a project code for this to show people how effective it is

Stealth4
10-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Yep still looking for 30 more people. Just do 20 / min a day and your definitely going to bring in donations for RP

email us to get started

BrianH
10-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Bump - C'mon guys this is fun! And the response rate is terrific and positive: 10-15%

ronpaulhawaii
10-24-2007, 03:09 AM
A bump in the night

BrianH
10-24-2007, 06:07 AM
I'm still getting 10-20% very postive responses. This heartfelt one this morning makes the effort really seem worth it:

Brian thank you for your time and efforts in writing me, i recently attended a festival ... Bob Dylan was the headliner and I was very excited to go. I had to park several miles away and walk to the venue. During the long walk i saw on the sidewalk messages in chalk
Google Ron Paul
Choose Liberty
Freedom
Revolution
save the internet
end the war
over and over and over again I thought it must have taken days to write these messages, so i made a mental note to do just that "Google Ron Paul" I did and i found the video on you tube Ron Paul: A New Hope
I watched it and I cried, then i watched it again and once again I cried. I am a 31 year old bartender so i see around 100 people a day at work, I have started buying little loose leaf pads and hand writing "google Ron Paul" on every sheet and handing one to everyone who closses a tab at my restaurant. I greatly appreciate the november 5th info and will gladly make as much of a donation as i can. If there is anything else I can do please let me know.

ronpaulhawaii
10-24-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm still getting 10-20% very postive responses. This heartfelt one this morning makes the effort really seem worth it:

Brian thank you for your time and efforts in writing me, i recently attended a festival ... Bob Dylan was the headliner and I was very excited to go. I had to park several miles away and walk to the venue. During the long walk i saw on the sidewalk messages in chalk
Google Ron Paul
Choose Liberty
Freedom
Revolution
save the internet
end the war
over and over and over again I thought it must have taken days to write these messages, so i made a mental note to do just that "Google Ron Paul" I did and i found the video on you tube Ron Paul: A New Hope
I watched it and I cried, then i watched it again and once again I cried. I am a 31 year old bartender so i see around 100 people a day at work, I have started buying little loose leaf pads and hand writing "google Ron Paul" on every sheet and handing one to everyone who closses a tab at my restaurant. I greatly appreciate the november 5th info and will gladly make as much of a donation as i can. If there is anything else I can do please let me know.

That is beautiful, I hope you have let him know where to get better stuff than handwritten notes. He'll tire of that quick.

My favorite response was from RP's congressional office, (it was late and I didn't look very hard)...

Here are some others

RE: Aloha, wahat a cool dog pic
Body: Thanks for the compliment and thanks for pushing the Ron Paul info. We gotta get that cat more money!

RE: Aloha Jack
Body: of course!

RE: Aloha infinite follower
Body: Oh yes, done.
Donated. :)
I hope we meet our goal! :)
Best wishes!
Go Ron Paul!

RE: Aloha Alex
Body: That's awesome. I'm actually going to the Paul family walk in Manchester tomorrow where I will be donating money. We are almost there! Can you believe it?

RE: Aloha Brandon
Body: Hey,
Thanks for the message. I'm sure all of us were talking a lot about Ron Paul a few months ago, but talk has been light lately and we got to keep the momentum going. Because of your message, I just donated $25 to Ron Paul. We need to keep pushing the message. The more the public hears the name Ron Paul, the more the public will vote!

Regards,

RE: Aloha, great name
Body: oh yeah, definitely! I don't get paid until tomorrow and that's the day I'm going to donate some more money! Ron Paul for Pres! I'm actually starting to see his bumper stickers pop up so I'm really excited!

The MySapce Patrol is my hero of the month, Keep Up the Good Work

Stealth4
10-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Please Please sign up for this - I've had no new people in 2 days :(

Thunderbolt
10-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Hey, lazy dogs out there. It takes about 30 minutes to send out 100 messages. Just write a note or copy one of the dozens we are all using. Stealth, can you post a message for folks to copy.

Start it with Dear Ron Paul Friend, or something like that.

Click on the link to the name you receive in the email. click on the send message button. Hit paste -only the first few words of your message will show up in the subject line - so it should say, Dear Ron Paul friend,
then hit paste again in the body of the message. This time the whole message shows up. Then hit send. If you use firefox, hit control W and that page will close. If you don't then close the page with your mouse.
Then you should be back at the mail inbox with the list of names. click on the next one.
Repeat.

So basically, this is copy (the message), click (on name in email tab), control V (paste) in the subject line, control V (again in the body of the message), click on send button, control W (close window), and then click (on next name or should I say blue line of stuff that equals a new person's page) and repeat.

Can you do that? click, control v, control v, click, control w, click.

After you send out 50 or so, change the first few words of the title a little to mix things up. Make the next one My dear friend of Ron Paul, etc. So you have a different subject line.

Got it? Come on folks! This one is FREE and you get a lot of donations for Ron this way!

rinkuhero
10-24-2007, 10:39 PM
I think a lot of people aren't volunteering because they simply read this thread once and didn't click on it again after deciding not to, and click it again no matter how many times it's bumped. Perhaps we could post this on the other RP messageboards (like the one on MeetUp)?

Stealth4
10-24-2007, 10:47 PM
I think a lot of people aren't volunteering because they simply read this thread once and didn't click on it again after deciding not to, and click it again no matter how many times it's bumped. Perhaps we could post this on the other RP messageboards (like the one on MeetUp)?

meetup is a good idea - can you do that - im off to bed.

DjLoTi
10-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Yo I'll sign up.

ronpaulhawaii
10-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Yo I'll sign up.

You da man :D

ronpaulhawaii
10-25-2007, 11:42 AM
just another bump on the road - (chuckle)

rinkuhero
10-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Alright, I posted a thread on the central MeetUp board. Hope it helps.

vilyn
10-26-2007, 09:25 AM
I'll help...... ;)

ronpaulhawaii
10-26-2007, 09:26 AM
Welcome to the forums vilyn, Thanks for jumping right in

Organizers, Make sure to let us know when you get the hundred patriots on board so I stop bumping this. I'll bump the MU one too...

Keep up the Great Work

m

me3
10-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Bump, we need to get on fund raising MySpace. See first post to help out!

BrianH
10-26-2007, 02:49 PM
People can also e-mail me at ronpaulrocks at mac dot com to get a file of urls. Fez sent me some to distribute which I am doing to help coordinate this project and share the workload on distributing and answering queries from volunteers. I have sent out 9 files of 600 each and have 24 files more to send out. Quite a few people on MySpace have responded saying they'd like to help so I am sending them out as well. Feel free to share this message with others so we can speed up this effort. It is going well and we are making good progress to reach all 74,000 friends of Ron Paul on MySpace. But more volunteers are needed!

lx43
10-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Bump I'll help.

ronpaulhawaii
10-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Morning bump

allyinoh
10-27-2007, 08:06 AM
I'll do it...

ronpaulhawaii
10-27-2007, 08:15 AM
I'll do it...

Thanks allynoh, the contact info is on the OP

lx43
10-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Am I suppose to be contacting someone or will I be contacted about what to do?

BrianH
10-28-2007, 01:27 PM
I confirm the 100 in one hour is fairly easy to do. It seems like a lot of trouble compared to bulk e-mail but the results are MUCH better. This is a targetted group of folks already signed up as Myspace friends of Ron Paul, and if you create a MySpace profile (takes a few minutes) and become of friend of Ron Paul's Myspace page - then you can start your message "Hi- I am a MySpace friend of Ron Paul too..." . Since MySpace is set up for networking you get a much better response rate than e-mail. Over 10% positive response rate for me so far.

This is the most powerful networking machine for Ron Paul that is out there folks! So please give us a hand - 20 minutes a day is all it needs at minimum. You can e-mail me at: ronpaulrocks at mac dot com to get more info and a file of urls or use the e-mail in the first post in this thread- there are 3 of us coordinating the addresses so that noone gets messaged twice.

Stealth4
10-28-2007, 01:46 PM
I confirm the 100 in one hour is fairly easy to do. It seems like a lot of trouble compared to bulk e-mail but the results are MUCH better. This is a targetted group of folks already signed up as Myspace friends of Ron Paul, and if you create a MySpace profile (takes a few minutes) and become of friend of Ron Paul's Myspace page - then you can start your message "Hi- I am a MySpace friend of Ron Paul too..." . Since MySpace is set up for networking you get a much better response rate than e-mail. Over 10% positive response rate for me so far.

This is the most powerful networking machine for Ron Paul that is out there folks! So please give us a hand - 20 minutes a day is all it needs at minimum. You can e-mail me at: ronpaulrocks at mac dot com to get more info and a file of urls or use the e-mail in the first post in this thread- there are 3 of us coordinating the addresses so that noone gets messaged twice.

To get involved email us at:

ronpaulmyspace@gmail.com

lx43
10-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Done....I just emailed someone

ronpaulhawaii
10-29-2007, 04:05 AM
bumpy thread

Stealth4
10-30-2007, 07:53 AM
bump - still ongoing

ronpaulhawaii
10-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Just sent you another volunteer from Phoenix. Set her up, she has lots of friends :D

BrianH
10-31-2007, 06:04 AM
bump

ronpaulhawaii
10-31-2007, 07:59 PM
The road was narrow but not to BUMPy ;)

Florence, AZ

m

ronpaulhawaii
11-03-2007, 12:31 AM
A pic for the MySpace crew

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/HPIM0628.jpg