PDA

View Full Version : Donate $200+ and get new copies of Irwin Schiff's out of print books

K466
08-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Latest email:

Hello Everybody,

When people ask me where I learned my economics, I never shy away from giving credit where it is due.

The thanks do not go to the economics department at UC Berkeley - the professors there tried their best to confuse me - but to my father Irwin, who began teaching me the subject as a young child.

Before my dad started challenging the income tax, he wrote books about economics. His first, The Biggest Con: How the Government is Fleecing You, which came out in 1973, is one of the best, broadly focused economics books I have ever read. It is as relevant today as when it was published over thirty years ago.

But what set Irwin Schiff apart from most economists was his ability to strip away any nonsense, making a seemingly complex subject simple. He did this with two cartoon books: How an Economy Grows and Why it Doesn't (the basis for my new book, How an Economy Grows an Why it Crashes) and The Kingdom of Moltz: a Tale of Inflation and Where it Comes From.

My father's books are no longer in print, but with your immediate contribution of $200 or more, new copies of each will be yours. Make your contribution soon, because our supply of books is limited.

My dad's economic theories and his books had such a huge influence on my life that I would like to share them with you. That's why I am giving them away on a first-come-first-serve basis to anyone who makes a contribution of $200 or more to my campaign in the final days leading up to next Tuesday's primary.

So follow this link right now to make a contribution of $200 or more, and these books will be yours until we run out. If I run out of books before I receive your donation, I assure you that your donation will be refunded in full.

This is the opportunity of a lifetime. Not only will you get in on some economic history through my dad's books, but you will be playing a key role in making history as well! Every dollar you give, whether $200 or $2,000, will go towards the massive media push my campaign is making in the final days of this race. I am confident that with your support we will shock the nation and win on Tuesday.

Please follow this link today to make your contribution of $200 or more to support my campaign and receive new copies of The Biggest Con: How the Government is Fleecing You, How an Economy Grows and Why it Doesn't and The Kingdom of Moltz: a Tale of Inflation and Where it Comes From.

Peter Schiff
Republican U.S. Senate Candidate

P.S. I am giving away new copies of my father, Irwin Schiff's, three economic books, The Biggest Con: How the Government is Fleecing You, How an Economy Grows and Why it Doesn't and The Kingdom of Moltz: a Tale of Inflation and Where it Comes From, on a first-come-first-serve basis. With your immediate contribution of $200 or more to my campaign in the final days of this race, they can be yours. If I run out of books before I receive your donation, I assure you that your donation will be refunded in full.

Bergie Bergeron
08-04-2010, 02:13 PM
What about Hannity? :(

K466
08-04-2010, 02:49 PM
No info from Schiff today yet on campaign status :(

Baptist
08-04-2010, 02:54 PM
NO link for this? Do you have to do anything special, or just donate regular style?

K466
08-04-2010, 03:28 PM
NO link for this? Do you have to do anything special, or just donate regular style?

The links are in the email, and did not copy over. I would assume donating regular style would work...

Baptist
08-04-2010, 03:43 PM
The links are in the email, and did not copy over. I would assume donating regular style would work...

Can you please post the links?

messana
08-04-2010, 03:46 PM
https://secure.donationreport.com/donate.html

K466
08-04-2010, 07:38 PM
This is the link that was in the email:

http://tracking.smartmailer.net/?444-31-992-48

Liberty_Mike
08-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Getting brand new copies of Irwin's literature is a great prize for donating $200. If I had the spare cash, I would throw in the $200, but don't have the means to right now.
To those of you who can afford it, help out the cause! Send Irwin Schiff's son to the US Senate, to shake up the system that is holding his father hostage!

qwerty
08-05-2010, 03:36 PM
bump!

K466
08-05-2010, 07:15 PM
It's brought in over $20,000

dito
08-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Anyone know if this is still going on?

muzzled dogg
08-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Good deal

geewhzz
08-07-2010, 11:28 PM
so i donated $200 regular style when i heard his video blog which made no mention of following the tracker link in the email. i made my donation fairly recent after his video blog was posted. now im worried i won't be considered because i didn't follow the tracker link. i don't even want my money back...i just want the books, really.

low preference guy
08-07-2010, 11:28 PM
so i donated $200 regular style when i heard his video blog which made no mention of following the tracker link in the email. i made my donation fairly recent after his video blog was posted. now im worried i won't be considered because i didn't follow the tracker link.

e-mail the campaign what you just posted.

geewhzz
08-07-2010, 11:30 PM
^ yea i plan to. the book giveaway was a great motivation for me for the extra donation, but i have contributed many times before it.

psi2941
08-07-2010, 11:54 PM
i'm still debating if i should donate,