PDA

View Full Version : should we conduct our own internal poll?

Krtek
08-04-2010, 12:40 PM
I apologize if this is a foolish idea, but I'll throw it out there anyway. To get an accurate idea of where the campaign stands today could we use the Schiff phone banking to conduct our own internal, non-biased poll? I do not know if the Quinipec poll is accurate or not, but couldn't we just call people and tell them we are conducting a poll for Liberty Forest?

Do not mention we are Schiff supporters obviously:

1) Ask if they will be voting in the election
2) Ask who they will be voting for, each person can keep a tally and we can add it up in the thread. Still do smart drops for the no answers. If we can just get 500 random people I would think the poll would be fairly accurate.

Let me know what you think, just throwing it out there, maybe it is not even allowed (this country has a lot of rules these days). I wouldn't be suprised if the Quinipec poll is rigged, not one bit. However, it could be and likely is accurate.

samsung1
08-04-2010, 12:47 PM
I apologize if this is a foolish idea, but I'll throw it out there anyway. To get an accurate idea of where the campaign stands today could we use the Schiff phone banking to conduct our own internal, non-biased poll? I do not know if the Quinipec poll is accurate or not, but couldn't we just call people and tell them we are conducting a poll for Liberty Forest?

Do not mention we are Schiff supporters obviously:

1) Ask if they will be voting in the election
2) Ask who they will be voting for, each person can keep a tally and we can add it up in the thread. Still do smart drops for the no answers. If we can just get 500 random people I would think the poll would be fairly accurate.

Let me know what you think, just throwing it out there, maybe it is not even allowed (this country has a lot of rules these days). I wouldn't be suprised if the Quinipec poll is rigged, not one bit. However, it could be and likely is accurate.

excellent idea!

SilentBull
08-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Except I don't know if with the phonebanking we are are actually calling likely voters or not.

K466
08-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Interesting idea, but I'm doubting the Q poll is rigged, however I do think it might not be very accurate. Peters message ads are just starting to sink in.

Krtek
08-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Except I don't know if with the phonebanking we are are actually calling likely voters or not.

Hello, I am representing Liberty Forest, and we are conducting a poll of next Tuesday's republican primary for senate. Do you have time to answer 2 quick questions?

1) Is anyone in you household planning on voting in the republican primary next Tuesday? (this should ensure we are polling likely voters)

- if no on number 1, thank you for your time have a good day or optional Schiff plug, as it will not effect the results of the poll.

2) If the election were today, who would you vote for? Rob Simmons, Peter Schiff, or Linda Mcmahon. Or if you are completely undecided still we can chalk you up as undecided.

- optional Schiff plug after this, as it will not effect the result of the poll!

I am starting this within an hour, let me know if I should change anything about the voting options. Anyone doing this should be asking the same question on number 2.

MRoCkEd
08-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Hello, I am representing Liberty Forest, and we are conducting a poll of next Tuesday's republican primary for senate. Do you have time to answer 2 quick questions?

1) Is anyone in you household planning on voting in the republican primary next Tuesday? (this should ensure we are polling likely voters)

- if no on number 1, thank you for your time have a good day or optional Schiff plug, as it will not effect the results of the poll.

2) If the election were today, who would you vote for? Rob Simmons, Peter Schiff, or Linda Mcmahon. Or if you are completely undecided still we can chalk you up as undecided.

- optional Schiff plug after this, as it will not effect the result of the poll!

I am starting this within an hour, let me know if I should change anything about the voting options. Anyone doing this should be asking the same question on number 2.
Don't you also need to know their age, race, financial situation, etc. to make sure you have a representative sample?

JackieDan
08-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Do not conduct this Poll! it's useless; it produces nothing and is of waste of time.

Continue the phone banking instead, that's much more important. I sent a message to the campaign and claimed that this is a bad mistake! We should all focus on our effort to make these Phone calls.

Think about it. We're averaging 5,000 calls a day; we have six days left. That means: 30,000 people we still can convince.

Drop the Poll!

runningdiz
08-04-2010, 02:06 PM
There is a week until the election what would be the point? Concentrate your efforts on getting the win not trying to prove a poll wrong.

Jordan
08-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Don't you also need to know their age, race, financial situation, etc. to make sure you have a representative sample?

No, you just need to have 500 people plus. That many people ALWAYS make a good sample size.
:rolleyes:

MRoCkEd
08-04-2010, 02:29 PM
No, you just need to have 500 people plus. That many people ALWAYS make a good sample size.
:rolleyes:
:p Pollsters would be offended by this thread.

We do need a legit polling company, though. So we know which candidates have a shot and are worth spending resources for.

brandon
08-04-2010, 02:42 PM
The poll is not wrong. It's consistent with all the other polls. Didn't we learn this lesson in 2008?

Krtek
08-04-2010, 03:02 PM
The poll is not wrong. It's consistent with all the other polls. Didn't we learn this lesson in 2008?

alright, I'll just keep making the regular calls

RileyE104
08-05-2010, 11:27 AM
YouTube - ‪We did our own poll -- we won!!‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h87nbxZhf64)

jscoppe
08-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Looks like you got the OK, Krtek!

qwerty
08-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Peter loves you original poster!

Krtek
08-05-2010, 02:13 PM
<flexes muscles>