PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Dan finally, reluctantly decides to support Jack Conway, but will skip Fancy Farm

MRoCkEd
08-04-2010, 10:53 AM
http://bluegrasspolitics.bloginky.com/2010/08/04/mongiardo-endorses-conway-for-us-senate/

Affirmatively, but not enthusiastically, Dr. Dan finally decides to blanket endorse all the Dem primary winners, including two-faced Jack.

He will not be showing up at Fancy Farm, though.

sailingaway
08-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Well, his not wanting to stand up and say it at Fancy Farm with his supporters going 'WHAT??' in front of him, speaks volumes. And they would ask him about Jack Conway's actual positions, afterwards, and what could he possibly say?

ljwestmcsd
08-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Give me $700,000 to pay off my debts, and I will SAY that I endorse Jack Conway also. Heck, I'll give you a special for today only of $500,000.

The proof on whether Dr. Dan is sincere in his endorsement is if he actually campaigns for the sleazeball lawyer.
The first opportunity he has to do so, to praise him at Fancy Farm (which as the sitting Lt. Governor, he could have done -- adding several minutes to the anti-Rand time), he passes up on. I wonder how may other opportunities he will have that he has prior commitments and cannot fulfill.
Of course, the only way we will know if he actually votes for Conway or not is if all of the votes in his precinct go to only one candidate, and no one in that precinct abstained from voting for Senator.

Here's my endorsement: "Jack Conway may be a sleazeball like Charlie Rangel and John Edwards, but he's Kentucky's sleazeball. We need him in office so that we can have our fair share of bad politicians in Washington." Hey, at least I'm giving a specific reason for my endorsement, unlike Dr. Dan, who just spoke in generalities and did not give any real reasons to vote for him.

sailingaway
08-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Give me $700,000 to pay off my debts, and I will SAY that I endorse Jack Conway also. Heck, I'll give you a special for today only of $500,000.

The proof on whether Dr. Dan is sincere in his endorsement is if he actually campaigns for the sleazeball lawyer.
The first opportunity he has to do so, to praise him at Fancy Farm (which as the sitting Lt. Governor, he could have done -- adding several minutes to the anti-Rand time), he passes up on. I wonder how may other opportunities he will have that he has prior commitments and cannot fulfill.
Of course, the only way we will know if he actually votes for Conway or not is if all of the votes in his precinct go to only one candidate, and no one in that precinct abstained from voting for Senator.

Here's my endorsement: "Jack Conway may be a sleazeball like Charlie Rangel and John Edwards, but he's Kentucky's sleazeball. We need him in office so that we can have our fair share of bad politicians in Washington." Hey, at least I'm giving a specific reason for my endorsement, unlike Dr. Dan, who just spoke in generalities and did not give any real reasons to vote for him.

He didn't even say to vote for 'him'. He said to vote for 'all the Democrats'. Like THAT is going to happen in a national election in KY.

Aratus
08-04-2010, 11:49 AM
UNITY MOMENTs! THE LT. GOV HAS A DIPLOMATIC EYE TO THE FUTURE...

sailingaway
08-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Amusingly, some of the liberal blogs have now edited the word 'lukewarm' out of previous draft descriptions....

BamaFanNKy
08-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Reminds me of:
YouTube - ‪Roy C - Shotgun Wedding‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgBkfUOAItE)