PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul getting flamed over at Newsvine.com

Liberty_Mike
08-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Go leave some comments in favor of Rand. It seems as if the majority of patrons over at Newsvine.com are liberal morons who don't understand the needs of the private sector. Wouldn't surprise me if the majority of them are state government employees who will never work in a real profit making, job creating industry.

hxxp://smd12364.newsvine.com/_news/2010/08/03/4805549-rand-paul-government-should-not-regulate-mine-industry

sailingaway
08-04-2010, 09:29 AM
It seems as if the majority of patrons over at Newsvine.com are liberal morons who don't understand the needs of the private sector.
h##p ://smd12364.newsvine.com/_news/2010/08/03/4805549-rand-paul-government-should-not-regulate-mine-industry

Well, yeah.

I'm surprised you even go there, they pick up all the moveon and thinkprogress talking points. They are like daily kos, who yesterday said Rand was tied with Conway, ignoring all independent polls except one, which assumes more liberals will show up this year to vote in Kentucky than did in 2008.

If I don't have to register, I'll leave a comment, but this site really isn't worth it. And you might want to break the link. I don't know how much traffic we want to give them. It is not as if they are typically overwhelmingly popular.

Bruno
08-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Well, yeah.

I'm surprised you even go there, they pick up all the moveon and thinkprogress talking points. They are like daily kos, who yesterday said Rand was tied with Conway, ignoring all independent polls except one, which assumes more liberals will show up this year to vote in Kentucky than did in 2008.

If I don't have to register, I'll leave a comment, but this site really isn't worth it. And you might want to break the link. I don't know how much traffic we want to give them. It is not as if they are typically overwhelmingly popular.

You can also break the link in his quote in your post or it will still show after he breaks it

sailingaway
08-04-2010, 09:37 AM
You can also break the link in his quote in your post or it will still show after he breaks it

done, thanks.

-
personally, I think this whole dust up re-raising the preference for future regulations to be at the local level and spinning it as wanting to undo all regulation period is to try to fire up labor, who is bussing people to campaign events like Fancy Farm to try to pretend Conway (and similar) have actual grass roots support. Dems are trying to 'manufacture' grass roots outrage.

Epic
08-04-2010, 10:01 AM
I don't think people even read his actual statements - he was just saying that state rules are better than federal rules.

NYgs23
08-04-2010, 10:03 AM
It's truly incredible the fierceness with which the left-wing establishment has been gunning for him from the moment he won the election. They must have a warehouse full of people doing nothing but vetting every single word that comes out of the man's mouth.

Liberty_Mike
08-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Well, yeah.

How do I break the link? Any way you can help me out with that?

I used to like Newsvine a long time ago, before it got so overpopulated with close minded left wing statists. It seems like within the past year the site has been taken over by morons. I know someone above posted that the majority of people commenting probably didn't even read Rand's statement. I completely agree! Rand was stating that it is better to allow the local industries and local governments work together on the issue, and keep the federal government out of the regulation of the mining industry. Why would anyone want the federal government to enforce such rules, instead of the locals who actually understand the industry and have spent their entire lives around it?? It is sheer stupidity to think the federal government knows better than those who live and work in such areas.

specsaregood
08-04-2010, 10:51 AM
How do I break the link? Any way you can help me out with that?

Edit your post, change the "http" to "hxxp" that'll do it.

Liberty_Mike
08-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Edit your post, change the "http" to "hxxp" that'll do it.

Aha, done! Thanks.

rich34
08-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if the majority of them are state government employees who will never work in a real profit making, job creating industry.

hxxp://smd12364.newsvine.com/_news/2010/08/03/4805549-rand-paul-government-should-not-regulate-mine-industry

Hey now I'm a state worker and I still support Ron, Rand, Schiff and all the other pro liberty candidates! I hear what you're saying though. :)

Liberty_Mike
08-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Hey now I'm a state worker and I still support Ron, Rand, Schiff and all the other pro liberty candidates! I hear what you're saying though. :)

Haha, maybe my words were a little off base! I didn't mean to flame state employees, I was just implying that these people don't understand the private sector, because they aren't part of it, and probably never will be. However, if you are a state worker and still a RP supporter, you obviously understand there is a huge difference between government and private sector, and that the private sector has needs that cannot be fulfilled by government :D