PDA

View Full Version : I killed the five racists...

Anti Federalist
08-03-2010, 10:51 PM
'Cold as ice' Conn. beer driver kills 8, self

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_beer_distributor_shootings

MANCHESTER, Conn. – A driver caught stealing beer from the warehouse where he worked agreed to resign his job Tuesday and then as "cold as ice," one of his victims said, went on a shooting rampage, killing eight people and injuring two before committing suicide.

Omar Thornton pulled out a handgun after a meeting in which he was shown video evidence of the thefts and was offered the chance to quit or be fired.

"Then he went out on this rampage," company vice president Steve Hollander told The Associated Press. "He was cool and calm. He didn't yell. He was cold as ice. He didn't protest when we were meeting with him to show him the video of him stealing. He didn't contest it. He didn't complain. He didn't argue. He didn't admit or deny anything. He just agreed to resign. And then he just unexplainably pulled out his gun and started blasting."

Hollander said he thinks Thornton, 34, had guns stashed in his lunch box. The executive said two people standing near him were shot in the head and killed, but he was only grazed in the jaw and the arm.

"He shot at me twice and hit me a couple times," he said. "By just the grace of God, I don't know how he missed me."

About 50 to 70 people were in the Hartford Distributors warehouse about 10 miles east of Hartford during a shift change when the gunman opened fire around 7 a.m., said Brett Hollander, Steve Hollander's cousin and a member of the family that owns the distributorship.

"I was on the phone with 911 and then I saw him running outside of my office window, shooting his gun, carrying his lunch box, which must have had his weapons in it," Steve Hollander said. "It doesn't seem real to me now, it seems like I'm watching a movie."

The shooting was over in a matter of minutes. The victims were found all over the complex, and authorities said they didn't know if Thornton fired randomly or targeted specific co-workers.

After shooting his co-workers, Thornton called his mother, who tried for 10 minutes to talk him out of killing himself, his uncle Will Holliday told reporters.

"He said, 'I killed the five racists that was there that was bothering me,'" Holliday said. "He said, 'The cops are going to come in so I am going to take care of myself.'"

Slutter McGee
08-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Not sure what this thread is meant to imply?

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Vessol
08-03-2010, 11:17 PM

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

That someone there should've been packing heat themselves in order to stop a fucking rampage before it begins.

specsaregood
08-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Sincerely,
Slutter McGee

Perhaps you should read the entirety of the OP before chiming in?

Kregisen
08-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Random fact of the day: there's an Omar Thornton from CT on facebook who's a fan of Barack Obama.

michaelwise
08-03-2010, 11:41 PM
The main stream media has taught the sub room temperature IQ people, that people who differ with you on any subject are racists. This is the only conclusion I can surmise from the lunatics comments. Similar to any weather event is caused by man-made global warming.

angelatc
08-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Because white people don't get fired when they steal beer.

Slutter McGee
08-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Perhaps you should read the entirety of the OP before chiming in?

Yeah, Ok. I mean its not like to you could read that story a see one hundred reasons for it being posted...in ways that DO specifically apply to our movement or certain ideas in our movement.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Bruno
08-04-2010, 07:46 AM
If a few people there were open-carry, this horrific act probably wouldn't have happened, or at least not as many people would have died.

MelissaWV
08-04-2010, 07:50 AM
If a few people there were open-carry, this horrific act probably wouldn't have happened, or at least not as many people would have died.

You're even focusing on it too narrowly. If people were POSSIBLY open-carrying, the situation would have been different. The gunman would realize this. Plans would change.

Of course, these changes could go one of two ways:

1. The gunman thinks, briefly, of the fact that those "racists" are probably going to shoot him before he shoots too many of them, and then he thinks of alternatives that maybe don't include so much death... maybe he just cools off and decides to sue or something.

2. The gunman decides that it's too risky to shoot, and realizes that a bomb would be even better, because he'd be sure to kill more people and also to ruin the plant in the process.

The former solves the problem all on its own. The latter creates a new problem, but companies already have guards and security cameras and the like and would hopefully notice someone wandering around and planting a bomb.

The guy might have been so messed up he came onto the property anyhow and started shooting. This is where even one or two people with guns would be quite handy, yes.

chudrockz
08-04-2010, 08:07 AM

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

I don't know that the thread is "meant to imply" anything. It's posted in general politics and is currently a big news story.

Imaginos
08-04-2010, 08:16 AM
I am an agnostic but I hope HELL does exist so this 'noble gentleman' can have a free dry sauna for eternity.
It's going to be a bit hot but at least it's free.

TNforPaul45
08-04-2010, 10:39 AM
It's a sign that the racial tensions that are being stirred up in this country are getting hot, and having this tension is just what the powers that be need to distract our anger and channel it away from them as they continue to close the noose around us.

If we are fighting with each other, then we cannot fight them effectively. And racial issues are so easy to ignite, since most everyone has been trained in the public schools to have an incredibly shallow understanding of them, as well as a reinforcement of the idea that each race should fear and hate the other.

YumYum
08-04-2010, 10:49 AM
And racial issues are so easy to ignite, since most everyone has been trained in the public schools to have an incredibly shallow understanding of them, as well as a reinforcement of the idea that each race should fear and hate the other.

Racism is taught at home. Kids echo what their parents pump into their heads.

MelissaWV
08-04-2010, 10:50 AM
It's a sign that the racial tensions that are being stirred up in this country are getting hot, and having this tension is just what the powers that be need to distract our anger and channel it away from them as they continue to close the noose around us.

If we are fighting with each other, then we cannot fight them effectively. And racial issues are so easy to ignite, since most everyone has been trained in the public schools to have an incredibly shallow understanding of them, as well as a reinforcement of the idea that each race should fear and hate the other.

Doubtful. The shooting itself is not a sign of that, imo, at all; it's just a nut that has that as an excuse. The guy does not seem well in the head. He claims to have shot the "five racists" that did him wrong, but he shot more than five people, and I am wondering if he really did have time to hunt down the five people in question. I have no idea how the video tape of him stealing beer was "racist," either. He would only have a case if he could show that "white" folks were stealing beer, the company knew about it, and the "white" folks weren't getting fired. That's a case for a court, not a gun.

Now, why this is getting so much coverage goes back to your point. The media is so very, very far gone. I have heard the news a few times this past week. The news started out with the "tragic deaths" of some kids in Louisiana. One of them slipped while wading around in the water, and there was apparently a 20-foot hole there so he drowned. His friends dove in after him, even though they didn't know how to swim, and also drowned. I think there were six or eight dead?

The next story was about the death toll in the floods overseas reaching 1,400+. The second story was treated much more superficially. It's only important if Americans die, and only when it behooves the media to report on such (the military doesn't count most of the time). Shooting deaths in offices will always make the news, because most people work, and this helps instill a fear of everyday tasks. Who can save us?!? The Government! They'll make it impossible for people who are thinking of doing this to do it! I have faith in Obama! :(

bobbyw24
08-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Racism is taught at home. Kids echo what their parents pump into their heads.

Yep--my very young children like to play with black, white, Asian, Latino kids . . .

They don't see color/race--all they see is a like sized human to hang with--that's all it takes

tjeffersonsghost
08-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Yep--my very young children like to play with black, white, Asian, Latino kids . . .

They don't see color/race--all they see is a like sized human to hang with--that's all it takes

Same with my kids (Who are mixed Im white my wife is Indian) Race plays no roll. Sadly no matter how hard I tried my oldest finally learned the word N***er from black kids at school.

I met the kids parents at my kids birthday party and told them I can only do so much to erase the hate that teaching their kids words like that is only keeping the word and hate alive.

I think to some race is still an issue although I think it is only an issue because TPTB want it to be an issue to keep the peons fighting each other while they rob us all.

dannno
08-04-2010, 10:58 AM

Ya i'd be curious to know how much beer he stole, if any.. I'm sure there are some stupid government regulations that don't allow employees to just 'take' beer and most privately owned distributors in a free market probably would have no problem with their employees grabbing a six pack on the way home... I mean, what does it cost them in materials, probably $.80 for a six pack.. why would an employer care if their employee grabbed $.80 worth of product at the end of the day to take home and enjoy ??

I'll bet the other employees 'steal' small amounts of beer as well, since the company can't have a policy of letting them have some.. and of course the black guy gets singled out..

specsaregood
08-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Doubtful. The shooting itself is not a sign of that, imo, at all; it's just a nut that has that as an excuse. The guy does not seem well in the head. He claims to have shot the "five racists" that did him wrong, but he shot more than five people, and I am wondering if he really did have time to hunt down the five people in question.

I think it is worth noting that all the claims of racial discrimination and that he called to say he claimed he killed the racists all come from his family.

According to his own union: " And a union official said Thornton had not filed a complaint of racism with the union or any government agency"

Could it all be made up by the family and abused by the media? Perhaps. Just pointing that out.

TNforPaul45
08-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Doubtful. The shooting itself is not a sign of that, imo, at all; it's just a nut that has that as an excuse. The guy does not seem well in the head. He claims to have shot the "five racists" that did him wrong, but he shot more than five people, and I am wondering if he really did have time to hunt down the five people in question. I have no idea how the video tape of him stealing beer was "racist," either. He would only have a case if he could show that "white" folks were stealing beer, the company knew about it, and the "white" folks weren't getting fired. That's a case for a court, not a gun.

Now, why this is getting so much coverage goes back to your point. The media is so very, very far gone. I have heard the news a few times this past week. The news started out with the "tragic deaths" of some kids in Louisiana. One of them slipped while wading around in the water, and there was apparently a 20-foot hole there so he drowned. His friends dove in after him, even though they didn't know how to swim, and also drowned. I think there were six or eight dead?

The next story was about the death toll in the floods overseas reaching 1,400+. The second story was treated much more superficially. It's only important if Americans die, and only when it behooves the media to report on such (the military doesn't count most of the time). Shooting deaths in offices will always make the news, because most people work, and this helps instill a fear of everyday tasks. Who can save us?!? The Government! They'll make it impossible for people who are thinking of doing this to do it! I have faith in Obama! :(

It is not doubtful at all. Why did he call them "racists?" most likely because they were calling him out on his theft. Could they have done a lot more to the man, things not mentioned in the article, that could have caused a feeling of discrimination to build up in him over time of his employment, a long string of verbal and actionable abuses? Absolutely and most likely.

All in all this was probably the straw that broke the camels back in terms of the anger at their actions that he had bottled up in him over time. Does this excuse the action? Never, and you rightly label him as a "nut."

My point is that this article will both serve as an instigator of ideas that racism can be combatted with guns not ideas, as well serve as a barometer of this trend as racial tensions are stirred up in order to combat the opposition to the governments policies.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-04-2010, 11:13 AM
'Cold as ice' Conn. beer driver kills 8, self

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_beer_distributor_shootings

MANCHESTER, Conn. – A driver caught stealing beer from the warehouse where he worked agreed to resign his job Tuesday and then as "cold as ice," one of his victims said, went on a shooting rampage, killing eight people and injuring two before committing suicide.

Omar Thornton pulled out a handgun after a meeting in which he was shown video evidence of the thefts and was offered the chance to quit or be fired.

"Then he went out on this rampage," company vice president Steve Hollander told The Associated Press. "He was cool and calm. He didn't yell. He was cold as ice. He didn't protest when we were meeting with him to show him the video of him stealing. He didn't contest it. He didn't complain. He didn't argue. He didn't admit or deny anything. He just agreed to resign. And then he just unexplainably pulled out his gun and started blasting."

Hollander said he thinks Thornton, 34, had guns stashed in his lunch box. The executive said two people standing near him were shot in the head and killed, but he was only grazed in the jaw and the arm.

"He shot at me twice and hit me a couple times," he said. "By just the grace of God, I don't know how he missed me."

About 50 to 70 people were in the Hartford Distributors warehouse about 10 miles east of Hartford during a shift change when the gunman opened fire around 7 a.m., said Brett Hollander, Steve Hollander's cousin and a member of the family that owns the distributorship.

"I was on the phone with 911 and then I saw him running outside of my office window, shooting his gun, carrying his lunch box, which must have had his weapons in it," Steve Hollander said. "It doesn't seem real to me now, it seems like I'm watching a movie."

The shooting was over in a matter of minutes. The victims were found all over the complex, and authorities said they didn't know if Thornton fired randomly or targeted specific co-workers.

After shooting his co-workers, Thornton called his mother, who tried for 10 minutes to talk him out of killing himself, his uncle Will Holliday told reporters.

"He said, 'I killed the five racists that was there that was bothering me,'" Holliday said. "He said, 'The cops are going to come in so I am going to take care of myself.'"

Major premise: Such a thing as racism exists.
Minor premise: A few white people were once racist.
Conclusion: All white people are racist and should be killed.

YumYum
08-04-2010, 11:18 AM
I think to some race is still an issue although I think it is only an issue because TPTB want it to be an issue to keep the peons fighting each other while they rob us all.

The race thing, I believe started with Rush Limbaugh accusing Obama of being a racist, even though at the time he said that, there was nothing to back up his claim. Then Hannity jumped on the race bandwagon, along with a few other neocons on cable TV. Also, pictures on the internent and posters of Obama painted up like monkeys and African Unga Bungas at the Tea Party rallies helped throw fuel on the fire.

We've always had the Al Sharptons and the Jesse Jacksons, who in my view are looked at by both blacks and whites as trouble makers, and they are mostly ignored. But the accusations of racism by Maxine Waters and the NAACP is not going to be ignored, and just when it looked like the white vs. black tensions was finally being put to rest, the MSM has set back the clock on black/white relations 30 years.

I blame the biased media more than TPTB.

dannno
08-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Ya i'd be curious to know how much beer he stole, if any.. I'm sure there are some stupid government regulations that don't allow employees to just 'take' beer and most privately owned distributors in a free market probably would have no problem with their employees grabbing a six pack on the way home... I mean, what does it cost them in materials, probably $.80 for a six pack.. why would an employer care if their employee grabbed $.80 worth of product at the end of the day to take home and enjoy ??

I'll bet a lot of the other employees 'steal' small amounts of beer as well, since the company can't have a policy of letting them have some.. and of course the black guy gets singled out..

So nobody here can imagine this scenario :confused:

MelissaWV
08-04-2010, 11:23 AM

Of course, but the fact is the company didn't, and they had him on tape (per the official story at this time) stealing beer.

Most companies I've worked for have a certain level of freebies they allow their employees. It's interesting. It doesn't matter the level of generosity, the workers always wanted more than they got. If there was free lunch once a month, they grumbled that it wasn't fancy enough, or that it should be weekly. If there were tee shirts, they wanted polo shirts. If there were polo shirts, they wanted nice button-down dress shirts. It seems to be a very widespread thing.

I could absolutely imagine the company giving its employees some freebies, sure, but it's their decision and they didn't give their employees free beer. It's probably more of a liability thing than anything else.

YumYum
08-04-2010, 11:24 AM

Most places of employment do not allow their employees to take home product and materials without permission from management. Taking a six pack can lead to taking 30 cases of beer.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-04-2010, 11:28 AM
The race thing, I believe started with Rush Limbaugh accusing Obama of being a racist, even though at the time he said that, there was nothing to back up his claim. Then Hannity jumped on the race bandwagon, along with a few other neocons on cable TV. Also, pictures on the internent and posters of Obama painted up like monkeys and African Unga Bungas at the Tea Party rallies helped throw fuel on the fire.

We've always had the Al Sharptons and the Jesse Jacksons, who in my view are looked at by both blacks and whites as trouble makers, and they are mostly ignored. But the accusations of racism by Maxine Waters and the NAACP is not going to be ignored, and just when it looked like the white vs. black tensions was finally being put to rest, the MSM has set back the clock on black/white relations 30 years.

I blame the biased media more than TPTB.

The single toothed "racist" today is portrayed just as niggardly as the old colored man rummaging through the wood pile once was portrayed. Neither exists or ever existed. These lowly accounts are myths perpetrated by northern Anglo people and Europeans to hide the fact that they themselves use to mistreat others as well. Yet, the northerners owned slaves just as the Europeans have always mistreated the Slavs.
We all have to suffer stress in life. Some of us call this daily stress "stress," while others of us have the convenience of calling it "prejudice" or "racism."

Clairvoyant
08-04-2010, 11:28 AM

This needs to be turned into a demotivational poster.

michaelwise
08-04-2010, 01:49 PM
This would be a perfect example of a race crime like lynchings or burning crosses on lawns, No?

oyarde
08-04-2010, 03:05 PM
I surmise the moral to the story is , buy beer , do not harm your employer or co workers, don't steal , drink more beer and then nobody has to be concerned with " racism".

dannno
08-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Taking a six pack can lead to taking 30 cases of beer.

Can..

The question is, was he taking a six pack or 30 cases :confused:

Was there a white guy standing next to him stealing 30 cases when he took the 6 pack :confused:

dannno
08-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I could absolutely imagine the company giving its employees some freebies, sure, but it's their decision and they didn't give their employees free beer. It's probably more of a liability thing than anything else.

Well that was my point, it probably ISN'T the choice of the company to let their employees take beer at the end of the day.. and it probably is a liability thing, but it is probably enforced by the state at some level..

Anti Federalist
08-04-2010, 08:37 PM

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Some people already hit on some of the points I wished to get across by posting this.

My two main reasons:

1 - CT is a pretty restrictive state when it comes to firearms and concealed carry is not "shall issue" and is not common. A CCW holder may have had a chance to end this.

2 - The racial angle, specifically this: "we", meaning liberty people, tea party people, Ron Paul folks, are constantly accused of racism and are also accused of being within a hair's breadth of comitting acts of mayhem at any moment.

We get accused of our speech being "agitating" and on the verge of inciting violence.

So maybe that played a role in the shooter's mindset.

Reverse the situation: if this had been a white shooter specifically targeting blacks, what would the media's reaction have been?

michaelwise
08-04-2010, 09:16 PM
It's the same mindset when you mention anything in opposition to Zionism. You are automatically an Anti-Semite. The Jews were the inventors of racism.

BlackTerrel
08-04-2010, 11:22 PM
The main stream media has taught the sub room temperature IQ people, that people who differ with you on any subject are racists. This is the only conclusion I can surmise from the lunatics comments. Similar to any weather event is caused by man-made global warming.

Generally the guy who shoots up a bunch of people is a lunatic.

The last few times it's been white guys. At VA Tech it was an Asian. This time it was a black guy. The common denominator you're looking for is "lunatic".

But people like you always get excited when something like happens. Another opportunity for you to start spewing.

michaelwise
08-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Generally the guy who shoots up a bunch of people is a lunatic.

The last few times it's been white guys. At VA Tech it was an Asian. This time it was a black guy. The common denominator you're looking for is "lunatic".

But people like you always get excited when something like happens. Another opportunity for you to start spewing.The only point I make is; I still am more likely to be struck by lighting twice in the same year than being killed by one of those lunatics.

People like me keep things into perspective.

Do you want to know what people like me call people like you?

People like me call people like you, "Demagogues".

JustinTime
08-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Ya i'd be curious to know how much beer he stole, if any.. I'm sure there are some stupid government regulations that don't allow employees to just 'take' beer

Yep, theft is against the law.

Ive given my employees free product to try out, get familiar with, and test for our own product knowledge, but Id fire anyone who took some without permission. Even if it was a similar amount I normally gave away.

If I let anyone help themselves to whatever, whenever, and took no action to prevent it, Id be out of business in no time.

JustinTime
08-05-2010, 02:15 PM
It's probably more of a liability thing than anything else.

Its more of a inventory/bookkeeping thing IMO, you need to know what you have on hand. So freebies can be tolerated while taking stuff without the bosses knowledge can never be.

dannno
08-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Yep, theft is against the law.

No, I mean 'take' as in WITH the company's permission.. It is probably against the law. So often employers in these situations WILL let their employees take items WITHOUT their permission so the workplace doesn't get in trouble. This can create problems if it is abused, which is a shame because if it was LEGAL for them to hand out beer at the end of the day then the employer would have much more control over what the employees are taking and you wouldn't have as many of these situations.

Do they ID? Do they have a liquor license to distribute alcohol to individuals? No. So they probably can't let their employees take beer.

When I said a six pack is probably about $.80 in materials, what if he was taking 2 beers? That's less than $.50. What if that was standard practice among nearly ALL the employees to take a couple beers at the end of the day? If so, why was he singled out?

I'm not saying what happened, I'm just saying what could have happened based on what information there is.

dannno
08-05-2010, 02:41 PM
If I have a bunch of employees at a beer factory, I might assume that some of them work there because they enjoy beer. So as an employer, I can provide my workers with some free beer. This has several benefits to me, the company and my workers.

1. I can pay my employees less because they aren't spending nearly as much money on beer. They can afford their car payment, house payment, bills and save up some money on the side with less money if I give them free beer. If I forced my employees to buy the product at the store, then they are going to be paying salaries of the distributors and retailers. My employees will demand more money or possibly accept another opportunity which means I might end up with lower quality employees. This does not offset my increase in sales made from my employees buying my beer at the store.

2. If my employees are paying full price for MY beer, they are going to be more likely to buy a competitors beer instead. This will help my competitors advertise and gain more market share.

Therefore it is beneficial to give your employees whatever your company makes in quantities they they or their family can personally use. It saves them money, it increases the quality of workers and helps ensure the money you give your employees doesn't go into the pockets of the competition.

Jordan
08-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Dannno, you sure do live in a world with unlimited possibilities.

(Many states, not sure about CT, don't allow any business to give away beer. This is usually circumvented with a penny payment for however much alcohol. )

dannno
08-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Dannno, you sure do live in a world with unlimited possibilities.

Well the guy called them racists, apparently. If so, why? If he stole the beer and he was the only person doing it, why would he think they are racist for firing him? Maybe he's just crazy, or maybe there is something to it. Nobody assumes that there might be something to what he said.

(Many states, not sure about CT, don't allow any business to give away beer. This is usually circumvented with a penny payment for however much alcohol. )

Can they give away beer if they are not a licensed retailer, but merely a manufacturer :confused:

Hint: I believe Federal laws may come into play here. Have you seen the documentary Beer Wars? The film advocates de-regulation, it's awesome.

JustinTime
08-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Well the guy called them racists, apparently. If so, why? If he stole the beer and he was the only person doing it, why would he think they are racist for firing him?

I think they call it "CYA".

paulitics
08-05-2010, 07:16 PM
There is nothing that can justify what this sick SOB did. If he was the victim of racism, which I doubt considering the repercusions for the employees, company, and the fact that it is extremely rare today (unless you believe the media or liberal professors who have lived some sheltered lives in their own little bubble).

But, let's just say he was, then he could go to human resources who get paid money to deal with this stuff. If human resources were all racists too and engage in cover ups, than he could get a lawyer, or he could just walk away.

To shoot the place up, and try and find justification for it by using the race card is sick.

Jeezus christ, this shit has got to end. It's gotten to the point of using the race card for murder. It's insanity.

TheEvilDetector
08-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Amazing that colours can give people such fits.

REDNECK WOMAN
08-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Does it have something to do with this?
WND TV

'Want freedom? Kill some crackers!'
New Black Panther Obama DOJ refused to prosecute: 'I hate white people – all of them!'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: July 07, 2010
11:45 pm Eastern

By Chelsea Schilling
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

Minister King Samir Shabazz, aka Maurice Heath (photo: Can't Stop the Bleeding blog)

"You want freedom? You're gonna have to kill some crackers! You're gonna have to kill some of their babies!"

Those were the words of Minister King Samir Shabazz, also known as Maurice Heath, the New Black Panther Party's Philadelphia leader.

Shabazz is the same man the Obama administration Department of Justice refused to prosecute after he was filmed on Election Day 2008 with Jerry Jackson wearing paramilitary uniforms, carrying a nightstick and blocking a doorway to a polling location to intimidate voters.

The following YouTube video posted by Naked Emperor News shows his statements during a National Geographic special on the New Black Panthers:

"I hate white people – all of them! Every last iota of a cracker, I hate 'em," Shabazz shouts into a megaphone on a crowded sidewalk. "Through South Street with white, dirty, cracker whore [expletive] on our arms. And we call ourselves black men with African garb on."

Then Shabazz spotted a black man embracing a white woman.

"What the hell is wrong with you, black man?" he shouted into his megaphone. "You [inaudible] with a white girl on your damn arm!

"You want freedom? You're gonna have to kill some crackers! You're gonna have to kill some of their babies!"

In a 2008 interview with the Philadelphia Inquirer, Sabazz said, "I'm about the total destruction of white people. I'm about the total liberation of black people. I hate white people. I hate my enemy. ..."

National Geographic describes the New Black Panther Party as "a militant hate group headquartered in Washington, D.C., that seeks to redefine the black struggle for equality and demand liberation from what it sees as white supremacy."

The party has marched on Independence Day, dragging American flags through the streets, trampling the flag on the ground and setting it on fire. The following video shows members of a New York chapter protesting celebration of Independence Day at an event called "4th of U-lie" on July 5, 2008. Members say the day is not a celebration of independence for blacks.

As WND reported, one poll watcher called police on Nov. 4, 2008, after he reportedly saw Shabazz brandishing a nightstick to threaten voters just 15 feet outside a Philadelphia polling location. Shabazz stood in front of the building with Jackson.

"As I walked up, they closed ranks, next to each other," the witness told Fox News at the time. "So I walked directly in between them, went inside and found the poll watchers. They said they'd been here for about an hour. And they told us not to come outside because a black man is going to win this election no matter what."

He said the man with a nightstick told him, "'We're tired of white supremacy,' and he starts tapping the nightstick in his hand. At which point I said, 'OK, we're not going to get in a fistfight right here,' and I called the police."

According to various witnesses, the men also hurled racial epithets such as "white devil" and "cracker" and told voters they should prepare to be "ruled by the black man." One person said the men called a Republican poll worker a "race traitor" and told him there would be "hell to pay."

The following is a YouTube video of the Election Day incident:

Career Department of Justice attorneys headed by voting-section chief Chris Coates filed a case under Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 against four defendants, accused the men of attempting to engage in, and engaging in, both voter intimidation and intimidation of individuals aiding voters.

The original Department of Justice complaint named Shabazz, Jackson and two other defendants: the New Black Panther Party and its chairman, Malik Zulu Shabazz, who planned deployment of 300 members on Election Day.

A federal judge ordered default judgments against the New Black Panthers after party members refused to appear in court. The DOJ trial team had won its case.

Even though DOJ lawyers had won, the Obama administration suddenly ordered it dropped – against advice of prosecutors who brought the case.

In April, the New Black Panther Party released a statement blaming Republicans, "tea-party racists" and "right-wing circles" for complaining and harassing the organization.

"Our only connection to President Obama is the common color of our skin," it states. "The same dog that bites President Obama bites us too. So I say, if you were wise, you would leave Obama alone as well because he is your last chance to save your country. You are mad because a black man has been elected to the presidency, and that affronts your oversized ego."

(Story continues below)

Christian Adams, a former DOJ attorney who quit his job after over the Obama administration's refusal to prosecute the Panthers, claims the administration has ordered the DOJ not to pursue voting-rights cases against black people. He said the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, which is investigating the dismissal, subpoenaed him and Coates, but their DOJ superiors ordered them not to testify – a violation of federal law.

"The case was dismissed on May 15, [2009]," Adams told Fox News. "All the charges were dropped against three of the defendants and the final order against one of the defendants was a timid restraint."

Only one of four defendants, Samir Shabazz, faced punishment: a temporary injunction against appearing at Philadelphia polls with a weapon. The department stopped at the injunction and didn't call for criminal penalties, monetary damages or other civil penalties.

"We were ordered to dismiss the case," Adams said. "I mean, we were told drop the charges against the New Black Panther Party."

The Department of Justice said it made a decision based on the evidence that the case could not go forward.

As WND reported, the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights has suggested it is now expanding its review of claims that the DOJ implemented a ban on prosecuting defendants who are black.

At a hearing in Washington this week, Adams testified that staffers throughout the department have subscribed for years to the notion that the DOJ's primary responsibility is to protect the voting rights of minority voters, not whites. He added that recent Obama administration DOJ appointees have reinforced this notion by making such racial discrimination a formal departmental policy.

According to Adams, Deputy Assistant Attorney General Julie Fernandez, an Obama appointee at the top of the department, announced at a policy meeting that "the voting section will not bring any other cases against blacks and other minorities."

Meanwhile, Pajamas Media reports that three more former DOJ officials are stepping forward to support Adams' testimony. According to the report, the former employees have "expressed a willingness to go on record regarding Adams' professionalism, excellent performance and outstanding record of enforcing the law without bias."

Pajamas Media adds, "Additionally, they would like to corroborate Adams' statements about the DOJ" and even offer their own accounts of purported DOJ hostility to "race-neutral law enforcement."

Asheesh Agarwal, former deputy assistant attorney general in the Civil Rights Division, worked with Adams on several cases. He called Adams a "model attorney who vigorously enforced federal voting-rights laws on behalf of all voters, without respect to race or ideology."

Mark Corallo, former DOJ director of public affairs, added: "I am not surprised that the Department is attacking J. Christian Adams. The Civil Rights Division attorneys have no interest in the rule of law as written and passed by Congress – the New Black Panther case is glaring proof that the Division has an agenda. If Congress was truly interested in oversight, there would be hearings on this case and others."

Finally, Robert Driscoll, former deputy assistant attorney general who knew Adams, told Pajamas Media:

If this is indeed the view of senior career DOJ staff – that after reviewing the facts of the New Black Panther case and the video, current laws against voter intimidation provide no ability for the DOJ to properly bring an action against the New Black Panther members shown on video and mentioned in the lawsuit — then Congress needs to have a conversation with Attorney General Holder about whether the problem lies with the Voting Rights Act itself, or with those whose job it is to enforce it.

MelissaWV
08-06-2010, 07:12 AM
There is nothing that can justify what this sick SOB did. If he was the victim of racism, which I doubt considering the repercusions for the employees, company, and the fact that it is extremely rare today (unless you believe the media or liberal professors who have lived some sheltered lives in their own little bubble).

But, let's just say he was, then he could go to human resources who get paid money to deal with this stuff. If human resources were all racists too and engage in cover ups, than he could get a lawyer, or he could just walk away.

To shoot the place up, and try and find justification for it by using the race card is sick.

Jeezus christ, this shit has got to end. It's gotten to the point of using the race card for murder. It's insanity.

+a zillion.

If we didn't live in such a lawsuit-happy society, by the way, I would release the tape showing the guy stealing the beer. In the words of stereptypical dad, "I don't care what everyone else is doing!" It doesn't matter if every "white" person in the place has stolen beer before. He allegedly stole some per the video, and so he faced consequences. I thought most of us on the board were for "fire at will and deal with the public backlash" when it comes to employment? That stinks if he was let go, but people have been let go for less and in worse economies than these.

Additionally, the guy says he shot the racists, but he talks about five of them, and he certainly shot more than five people. His count is off.

Maybe he was "bullied" at work, but just like school shootings there has to be something already majorly wrong with you to go ahead and whip out a gun and start killing people.

Seraphim
08-06-2010, 07:26 AM

This my friend is going into my signature as I find that to be hilariously true. WELL DONE SIR! :D

Pericles
08-06-2010, 07:59 AM
National Geographic describes the New Black Panther Party as "a militant hate group headquartered in Washington, D.C., that seeks to redefine the black struggle for equality and demand liberation from what it sees as white supremacy."

I'm guessing that the SPLC is not tracking the NBPP as a hate group. Anybody with me on this one?

osan
08-06-2010, 08:11 AM

I'll bet the other employees 'steal' small amounts of beer as well, since the company can't have a policy of letting them have some.. and of course the black guy gets singled out..

Are you serious? Stealing is stealing. If they dismissed him for his actions, they must have had solid evidence and cause, unless they are nuts, given the current legal environments.

Imaginos
08-06-2010, 08:51 AM

This.
I have seen so many minorities abusing race/racist card all the time trying to justify the crazy things they have done.
As a minority myself (Asian) and had to deal with racism/discrimination time to time, I found it pretty pathetic and disgusting.
Guess what?
Some people discriminate, deal with it!
Every form of human societies/communities/countries have certain percentage of undesirable factions, including racist, misogynist, misandrist, and different types of bigots.
So get real and stop being a fucking crybaby! You are poor and underprivileged because you are weak and lazy!

Don't Tread on Mike
08-06-2010, 09:47 AM
The Manchester Massacre. I can't believe I lived in the next town over. Just crazzy.

MelissaWV
08-06-2010, 09:51 AM
I wonder why he couldn't finish his own sentence, though?

"I killed the five racists... and also three other people; I'm not sure who they were. I don't really care whether or not they had families. That doesn't matter because I shot the five people who I think were most responsible for bothering me. I didn't consider suing over the hostile work environment they subjected me to. I didn't think that it would be wise to drag it out when I could just shoot them instead. In the wake of my death (which will make it six racists dead, if you think about it), people won't take my allegations very seriously because of the crazy way in which I took care of them. It doesn't matter, because I know that the video of me stealing beer was inherently racist, and it was a situation that could only be fixed by blood... the blood of the six people responsible (self included), and three others who happened to be in the area and not sufficiently bulletproof."