PDA

View Full Version : Germany gave assassination list to secret US unit

Agorism
08-03-2010, 05:43 PM
No trial. This is the same list that a senior U.S. general threatened to put Karzai's brother on if he thought he was no behaving as he should.

Germany gave assassination list to secret US unit (http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0803/germany-gave-assassination-list-secret-unit)

The German government supplied a secret Pentagon task force with names of Taliban leaders that the US then could target for assassination, documents show.

Buried in the 92,000 pages of documents released by the Web site Wikileaks is evidence that show the German government abetted a secret program to kill or capture Taliban leaders. The German government has already been helping the US generate a "hit list" through NATO, but this list went a step farther, bypassing transparency and judicial process.

The once-secret list, titled the "Joint Prioritized Effects List," was used by the Pentagon's Task Force 373 to target, kill and capture Taliban leaders.

"Thanks to the WikiLeaks revelations, war-weary Germany now knows that German officials added names to the JPEL at least 13 times," the German publication Der Spiegel wrote Monday. "On this list, 13 names translate into 13 potential death warrants. The Germans only mark their candidates with a C for "capture," and not with a K for "kill." But in fact all International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) troops are authorized to shoot and kill candidates on the JPEL list if, for example, they attempt to avoid capture by fleeing. In other words, although German elite troops do not use the kill option themselves, Germany does provide its tacit approval of the killing of candidates in the zone under its control in northern Afghanistan."

o add a name to the JPEL list, the Regional Command North, which is led by a German, must first propose a candidate based on its evidence. The petition is sent to the German operations command near Potsdam outside Berlin, where it is reviewed and then sent to the Defense Ministry. If a positive decision is made, the petition is sent back to Afghanistan, where it also has to be approved by the supreme commander of the ISAF troops. It is a process that reflects the precision of German bureaucracy, and one that can have serious consequences for the people it affects in Afghanistan.
There are now six lists containing the names of targets. The JPEL list, to which the Germans contribute, is the NATO list. But Task Force 373 isn't operating on a NATO ticket. It receives its orders directly from the Pentagon. The German government would neither confirm nor deny whether the names on the Pentagon list are derived from the NATO list.
There is evidence that the German nomination has already had drastic consequences for 13 Afghans. According to a briefing given to members of parliament, this is the number of men the Bundeswehr has placed on the NATO hit list. Senior German military officials even say that the total number of names submitted lies in the "two to three-digit range." In 2007, the Bundeswehr named two Taliban commanders, who were assigned the file numbers 74 and 77, but Mullah Rustam and Qari Jabar were deleted from the list prior to 2009 due to a lack of evidence. Three others were added a year later, and two of them are now in custody. Four enemies of the Bundeswehr were captured in 2009, and another four in 2010.
The decision to release 92,000 pages of documents concerning the US war in Afghanistan has sparked a vitriolic response from those who believe the information should be kept secret.

Marc Thiessen, a former Bush speechwriter, claimed in a Washington Post op-ed Monday that because Wikileaks has published classified information, they should be considered in violation of the espionage act and taken down using "military assets," even if that means kidnapping founder Julian Assange from an undisclosed location within the European Union -- which would be a violation of international and domestic laws.

On Sunday, the White House denounced the massive leak of secret military files that also describe how Pakistan's spy service aids the Afghan insurgency.

In all, some 92,000 documents were released by the web whistleblower Wikileaks, containing previously untold details of the Afghan war through Pentagon files and field reports spanning from 2004 to 2010.

According to the New York Times, one of the first three media outlets to publish reports on the leaks, they "suggest that Pakistan, an ostensible ally of the United States, allows representatives of its spy service to meet directly with the Taliban."

Describing the talks as "secret strategy sessions," the newspaper said they "organize networks of militant groups that fight against American soldiers in Afghanistan, and even hatch plots to assassinate Afghan leaders."

White House National Security Advisor James Jones issued a statement to reporters shortly before the documents were posted online, saying the leaks were "irresponsible" but would not impact US strategy in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Aratus
08-04-2010, 12:00 PM
the secret network
our modern inquisators
darkness at noon
inside a context
other than cold war

LibertarianfromGermany
08-04-2010, 12:13 PM
If I wasn't a subjectivist anarchist, I would be ashamed of "my" government.

surf
08-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Senior German military officials even say that the total number of names submitted lies in the "two to three-digit range."
that's a lot of blood on Merkel's hands.

oyarde
08-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Do you think she was aware ?

Bruno
08-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Do you think she was aware ?

Why wouldn't she have known about it?

oyarde
08-04-2010, 03:33 PM
If you were compiling a list in the field and handing it off to the U S , how many people would you mention it too ?

oyarde
08-04-2010, 03:35 PM
One thing that is not suprising is Pakistan meeting directly with the Taliban.

pcosmar
08-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Germany gave assassination list to secret US unit

Not a secret any more.
Task Force 373

kinda makes ya wonder what if any on the hit list are actually guilty of.

speciallyblend
08-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Not a secret any more.
Task Force 373

kinda makes ya wonder what if any on the hit list are actually guilty of.

their guilt is probably not agreeing to our corrupt demands!!! they wouldn't be paid off so they made the list!! that is how i see it!!

speciallyblend
08-04-2010, 04:33 PM
One thing that is not suprising is Pakistan meeting directly with the Taliban.

yeah i thought tmz.com broke that story yrs ago;)

johngr
08-04-2010, 04:39 PM
If I wasn't a subjectivist anarchist, I would be ashamed of "my" government.

Wenn die Kommunisten den Zweiten Weltkrieg nicht gewonnen hatten, hättest du nun (vielleicht) eine Regierung darauf du stoltz sein könntest.

oyarde
08-04-2010, 04:40 PM
People can debate on the basis if they believe that these actions are acceptable.l think what it would come down to is this ; if you are safe and secure at home and a moral person of priciple you will determine this is wrong. If you are in Kandahar and you think this will help you win and or save lives of your people, then you would do it as well. One point I am fairly certain of , that there are not too many " innocent" Taliban running around.

oyarde
08-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Our people have been aware all along that the Pakastani's meet with the Taliban.This could even be a useful tool if applied properly.

LibForestPaul
08-04-2010, 07:26 PM
What I want to know is why media cartel keeps publishing the following:

Marc Thiessen, a former Bush speechwriter,

This name means what to me, to secret assassinations?
or is this MSM code for

Marc Thiessen, a former Bush "speechwriter",

devil21
08-05-2010, 02:08 AM
You can bet the same tactics will be used against influential dissenters within the US (and probably Germany and elsewhere too). This is how they will work to break any resistance to the eventual police state crackdowns. Seems like testing and trial runs to me on how to very quietly make rather large groups of influential people disappear. After all, don't we basically pay for the Taliban now? What's the use in assassinating them while paying them?

Either way, the same tactics will come into play here eventually.

oyarde
08-05-2010, 05:27 PM
You can bet the same tactics will be used against influential dissenters within the US (and probably Germany and elsewhere too). This is how they will work to break any resistance to the eventual police state crackdowns. Seems like testing and trial runs to me on how to very quietly make rather large groups of influential people disappear. After all, don't we basically pay for the Taliban now? What's the use in assassinating them while paying them?

Either way, the same tactics will come into play here eventually.

Just curious , how many US citizens do you think would be willing to participate in something like that against other US citizens ?

devil21
08-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Just curious , how many US citizens do you think would be willing to participate in something like that against other US citizens ?

How many? Do you want an exact number or something? You only need a few to carry out targeted assassinations. How many are in Task Force 373? There's your answer. Like I said, it's training and testing for how to carry it out at home.

Btw, "Taliban" is just a catch word for anybody that fights in opposition of the US/NATO occupation of Afghanistan. The same way "Insurgent" or "Al Qaeda" was the catch word for anybody that opposed the Iraq occupation, regardless of where they came from or what, if any, group they were affiliated with. It's just a catch-all label, not some particular group of affiliated people.

oyarde
08-06-2010, 01:22 PM
I think it would be difficult at this stage to find people at the Pentagon or in the military to conduct this type of thing inside the US against citizens. I do not know about the ATF or FBI though.

devil21
08-06-2010, 01:37 PM
I think it would be difficult at this stage to find people at the Pentagon or in the military to conduct this type of thing inside the US against citizens. I do not know about the ATF or FBI though.

Btw, why do you assume they are US citizens? The easiest answer would be for Task Force 373 to not be US citizens at all.

oyarde
08-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Btw, why do you assume they are US citizens? The easiest answer would be for Task Force 373 to not be US citizens at all.

That is pretty good.I Like how you think outside the box.

devil21
08-06-2010, 04:31 PM
That is pretty good.I Like how you think outside the box.

You have to think outside of the box. The people creating this stuff do! You have to think like them, not like an average man on the street.

This topic reminded me of this thread, which now has over 11,000 views:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=223851

What better way to get foreign assassins into the country as them posing as diplomatic Interpol attaches not subject to customs or the usual State Dept registration procedures. These sorts of people could slip in and out of the country without detection.

I realize my imagination is getting ahead of what I can prove, but the pieces fit so...

oyarde
08-06-2010, 05:04 PM
You have to think outside of the box. The people creating this stuff do! You have to think like them, not like an average man on the street.

This topic reminded me of this thread, which now has over 11,000 views:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=223851

What better way to get foreign assassins into the country as them posing as diplomatic Interpol attaches not subject to customs or the usual State Dept registration procedures. These sorts of people could slip in and out of the country without detection.

I realize my imagination is getting ahead of what I can prove, but the pieces fit so...

Have always been used to move spies.