PDA

View Full Version : NOW AVAILABLE: T-shirts, Buttons, Posters to "Free Bradley Manning"

charrob
08-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Folks can now order "Free Bradley Manning" shirts for only $20, shipping included. Posters and buttons are also available.

http://couragetoresist.org/x/images/stories/orders/manning-shirt-lg.jpg

http://www.couragetoresist.org/x/content/view/851/

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Eh, I don't like the red, and the design in totality. Though I do support the agenda.

charrob
08-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Eh, I don't like the red, and the design in totality. Though I do support the agenda.

they have buttons and posters as well; zazzle.com has a couple t-shirts as well, but i don't think if you buy from zazzle.com that it would go toward his legal fund like this does.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-03-2010, 11:41 AM
they have buttons and posters as well; zazzle.com has a couple t-shirts as well, but i don't think if you buy from zazzle.com that it would go toward his legal fund like this does.

You are aware he will be represented by Military council right? They aren't going to try him in criminal court, they will court martial him and try him under the UCMJ. Other than that, I really do not like the design. I'm a gold man, not a red man. :D

pcosmar
08-03-2010, 11:57 AM
You are aware he will be represented by Military council right? They aren't going to try him in criminal court, they will court martial him and try him under the UCMJ. Other than that, I really do not like the design. I'm a gold man, not a red man. :D

Yeah, well.
Ollie North was was under the UCMJ, and took the 5th on the stand under "oath".
http://www.chicagotypewriter.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/ollie-north.jpg

What's up with that?

I say give this kid all the help he can get.

Uniform Code of Military Justice,,,not all that damn uniform.

KCIndy
08-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Maybe it's just me, but the red background makes it look a little like a Che Guevara t shirt.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Yeah, well.
Ollie North was was under the UCMJ, and took the 5th on the stand under "oath".
http://www.chicagotypewriter.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/ollie-north.jpg

What's up with that?

I say give this kid all the help he can get.

Uniform Code of Military Justice,,,not all that damn uniform.

That isn't what I am saying. What I am saying is he will be represented by MILITARY council. It is free. You cannot get a civilian lawyer to represent you in a military court-room.

Aratus
08-03-2010, 12:07 PM
these tee shirts might be immediate and instantaneous collector's items!

charrob
08-03-2010, 12:23 PM
That isn't what I am saying. What I am saying is he will be represented by MILITARY council. It is free. You cannot get a civilian lawyer to represent you in a military court-room.

everything i've read is that his family are putting together funds to try to get him a civilian lawyer in addition to the military...

michaelwise
08-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Nice. The media will love doing battle with this info war. We motivate the rest of the world to hate us. That's what I get from the Wikileeks.

dannno
08-03-2010, 03:13 PM
People keep saying they don't like the shirt because of the red....

Um, I'm pretty sure it's the hat that most people are really objecting to :D

Maybe they will come up with some more designs.. the poster is pretty nice..

libertarian4321
08-03-2010, 03:42 PM
This guy is likely to go down.

If he had ONLY released data on war crimes, he might be able to try a whistle blower defense. However, it seems that he just did a massive indiscreet data dump on military documents- so I don't see any defense to that.

charrob
08-03-2010, 04:01 PM
This guy is likely to go down.

If he had ONLY released data on war crimes, he might be able to try a whistle blower defense. However, it seems that he just did a massive indiscreet data dump on military documents- so I don't see any defense to that.

i know, i feel the same way; but i keep thinking there's more: the 'Top Secret' stuff still hasn't been released as well as the 15,000 reports...from Manning's online chat it sounds like there is some serious stuff that could fall within the realm of whistleblowing:

Washington fears it may have lost even more highly sensitive material including an archive of tens of thousands of cable messages sent by US embassies around the world, reflecting arms deals, trade talks, secret meetings and uncensored opinion of other governments.

He described how his job gave him access to two secret networks: the Secret Internet Protocol Router Network, SIPRNET, which carries US diplomatic and military intelligence classified "secret"; and the Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System which uses a different security system to carry similar material classified up to "top secret". He said this had allowed him to see "incredible things, awful things … that belong in the public domain and not on some server stored in a dark room in Washington DC … almost criminal political backdealings … the non-PR version of world events and crises."

Bradass87 suggested that "someone I know intimately" had been downloading and compressing and encrypting all this data and uploading it to someone he identified as Julian Assange. At times, he claimed he himself had leaked the material, suggesting that he had taken in blank CDs, labelled as Lady Gaga's music, slotted them into his high-security laptop and lip-synched to nonexistent music to cover his downloading: "i want people to see the truth," he said.

He dwelled on the abundance of the disclosure: "its open diplomacy … its Climategate with a global scope and breathtaking depth … its beautiful and horrifying … It's public data, it belongs in the public domain." At one point, Bradass87 caught himself and said: "i can't believe what im confessing to you." It was too late. Unknown to him, two days into their exchange, on 23 May, Lamo had contacted the US military. On 25 May he met officers from the Pentagon's criminal investigations department in a Starbucks and gave them a printout of Bradass87's online chat.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...ogs-back-story