PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Peter Schiff to be on Sean Hannity Show

Epic
08-03-2010, 08:07 AM
YouTube - Schiff for Senate phone banking surge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aRcaJlr2LM&playnext=1&videos=jncXQrVyMoU)

- Schiff will be on Hannity, possibly today or tomorrow
- New radio ad will be on website today
- Over 8000 calls made yesterday by volunteers
- Direct mail going out
- "Kick" tv ad on television
- Schiff has set up a robocall message thing that will go out soon

MRoCkEd
08-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Nice update. Surprised Hannity is gonna have him on! Hope it goes well.

JackieDan
08-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Great News!

samsung1
08-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Perer needs to be careful with Hannity. Hannity was a major shill for Mitt Romney. Hannity would bring the other GOP candidates and only talk about their negatives and defend Romney if they said anything negative about Mitt. Hannity is a shill for Mcmahon. I think Peter is smart enough to handle that moran

itshappening
08-03-2010, 08:47 AM
I think Hannity will cover the ad and ask Peter WHY he's the better candidate

At worst he will mention the drug thing.

SilentBull
08-03-2010, 08:51 AM
I think Hannity will cover the ad and ask Peter WHY he's the better candidate

At worst he will mention the drug thing.

Yeah, I suspect he will mention the drugs and possibly bring up how he's so low in the polls. Hannity is a tool of the establishment.

ctiger2
08-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Schiff can handle Hannity.

Hallamaat
08-03-2010, 09:14 AM
I really hope Peter enlightens Hannity and his viewers/listeners that Linda has donated to Rahm Emanuel specifically. If there is one person, aside from Obama, that I've heard Hannity ripping on constantly, it's Rahm Emanuel. It'll be interesting to see if Hannity can support her after he hears about that (if he hasn't already).

specsaregood
08-03-2010, 09:15 AM
I really hope Peter enlightens Hannity and his viewers/listeners that Linda has donated to Rahm Emanuel specifically. If there is one person, aside from Obama, that I've heard Hannity ripping on constantly, it's Rahm Emanuel. It'll be interesting to see if Hannity can support her after he hears about that (if he hasn't already).

Yup, if there is #1 thing Schiff needs to say it is that.

Liberty_Mike
08-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Yes, Peter does need to be careful, but you all need to realize that Schiff can handle himself very well in interviews. After being on financial shows for years, Schiff has seen the curve balls thrown his way all the time, and has almost always been able to bat them without a problem. I truly believe Peter can handle himself very well if Hannity were to throw some curve balls his way. Awesome!

K466
08-03-2010, 09:44 AM
AWESOME:D

Peter is one of the best guys we have to handle interviews with shills. Hope it's longer than 2 minutes.

Thrashertm
08-03-2010, 10:33 AM
This is awesome. I don't know about being careful with Hannity. At this point, it might be best for Peter to come out as a 911 truther to try to get some press =)

low preference guy
08-03-2010, 10:34 AM
This is awesome. I don't know about being careful with Hannity. At this point, it might be best for Peter to come out as a 911 truther to try to get some press =)

Like Debra Medina?

Bergie Bergeron
08-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Hannity: TV or radio?

Liberty_Mike
08-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Hannity: TV or radio?

You know, that's a great question! I am wondering the same thing. Does anyone here know?

Bruno
08-03-2010, 11:20 AM
In the video, Peter said (paraphrasing) , "Obviously your calls and emails have paid off, because I will be on the Sean Hannity Show. I'm not sure when, it might be today, they contacted me and are going to have me on, so that is great news."

Often he will have a guest on his radio show first, then that evening possibly also on his TV program.

dannno
08-03-2010, 11:27 AM
You know, that's a great question! I am wondering the same thing. Does anyone here know?

Definitely a good question.

I've heard a lot of stuff about how they have more radio listeners than tv watchers, but I think a lot of the radio listeners only really get to hear maybe 10-20 minutes of the show.. I think a better number is how many people are watching his show at a any time, because if someone is on for a short segment most of the listeners for the day have already gotten to work or are eating breakfast or something.

Bruno
08-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Definitely a good question.

I've heard a lot of stuff about how they have more radio listeners than tv watchers, but I think a lot of the radio listeners only really get to hear maybe 10-20 minutes of the show.. I think a better number is how many people are watching his show at a any time, because if someone is on for a short segment most of the listeners for the day have already gotten to work or are eating breakfast or something.

Hannity : "Three hours a day, is all we ask" :rolleyes:

specsaregood
08-03-2010, 11:56 AM
but I think a lot of the radio listeners only really get to hear maybe 10-20 minutes of the show..

Hannity : "Three hours a day, is all we ask" :rolleyes:

You are both correct.
20 minutes of show
2:40minutes of commercials.

qwerty
08-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Awesome!

We will win this!

Kotin
08-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Never thought this would happen...

erowe1
08-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Yes, Peter does need to be careful, but you all need to realize that Schiff can handle himself very well in interviews. After being on financial shows for years, Schiff has seen the curve balls thrown his way all the time, and has almost always been able to bat them without a problem. I truly believe Peter can handle himself very well if Hannity were to throw some curve balls his way. Awesome!

OT: Your name always reminds me of this clip from the Office.
YouTube - Office, The - The Convict, Clip 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE_9WP76U_Q)

Liberty_Mike
08-03-2010, 12:40 PM
OT: Your name always reminds me of this clip from the Office.
YouTube - Office, The - The Convict, Clip 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE_9WP76U_Q)

Haha, nice clip. The Office rules!

paulitics
08-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Probably a radio show interview, but I would have choked on my coffe if the guy we through snowballs a couple of years ago would be one of our biggest allies in supporting libertarian tea party candidates.

Also, we get two for the price of one. If Schiff does well and Hannity likes him, than Levin will more than likely be talking about him too.

The Dude
08-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Is it radio or tv? I don't want to have to sit through a whole show of Hannity if he's not going to be on.

ironmanjakarta
08-03-2010, 02:57 PM
It must be Hannity got a call from Simmons and or McMahon asking him to do a hatchet job on Peter because he's seen as a credible threat to them now. He'll try to get him on legalizing drugs or "abolish social security" which he never said.

Liberty_Mike
08-03-2010, 03:02 PM
It must be Hannity got a call from Simmons and or McMahon asking him to do a hatchet job on Peter because he's seen as a credible threat to them now. He'll try to get him on legalizing drugs or "abolish social security" which he never said.

That's probably the case, but I know Schiff can handle himself in any situation.

Daamien
08-03-2010, 03:07 PM
This is great!

iFollowPeterSchiff
08-03-2010, 04:00 PM

Wasn't Rand Paul on Hannity last night? Maybe it was Rand that privately urged Hannity to do it.

Bergie Bergeron
08-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Wasn't Rand Paul on Hannity last night? Maybe it was Rand that privately urged Hannity to do it.
That's an interesting theory.

specsaregood
08-03-2010, 04:09 PM

That was my thought as well.

BuddyRey
08-03-2010, 04:09 PM

Possibly, but I think the more likely scenario is that Hannity's in a mad dash to salvage his ratings, and that he knows he doesn't have the clout to ignore the liberty community anymore.

SilentBull
08-03-2010, 04:10 PM
That's probably the case, but I know Schiff can handle himself in any situation.

Even if he does handle himself well, people are too dumb to listen to his arguments. They'll just hear "drugs" and "he wants to take money away from us."

libertybrewcity
08-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Whhhhhaaaaaaaatttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!

libertybrewcity
08-03-2010, 04:23 PM
MONEY IN THE BANK!!! Holy Crap! I'm pumped right now.

rprprs
08-03-2010, 05:18 PM
I have no doubt that Schiff is quite capable of handling himself even with someone the likes of Hannity. But if you listened carefully during Rand's appearance last night, I think you may have seen that Hannity's support was somewhat restrained. He had to be amicable because Rand is now the default anti-Obama/anti-Democrat candidate. Peter, however, doesn't yet have that luxury, so it would not surprise me if some curveballs were thrown.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Hope this isn't another Beck job.

Hannity: ".....you are a 9/11 Truther."

Kotin
08-03-2010, 05:29 PM

Fortunately schiff can handle those..

BoutTreeFiddy
08-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Schiff is a bulldog. He will rip Hannity's nuts out. We already know that Hannity will NOT be on Schiff's side. Am I worried? Hell the fuck no. Schiff is alpha. Hannity is a beta phaggot bitch.

BoutTreeFiddy
08-03-2010, 05:56 PM
MONEY IN THE BANK!!! Holy Crap! I'm pumped right now.

Tell me about it. Dreams will be wet with this one.

Legend1104
08-03-2010, 06:21 PM
I tried to listen to some of Hannity's show on the radio. I listened on and off for the last hour and did not hear one word about Schiff. I was hoping he would mention his show tonight but he just keep talking about the stupid Freedom Tour/concert Friday. I will be watching at 8 to see if anything happens.

G-Wohl
08-03-2010, 07:16 PM

Unlike Medina, Peter Schiff actually isn't a 9/11 Truther.

TXcarlosTX
08-03-2010, 07:17 PM
I have a feelin he is not going to be on tonight.

Disconsolate
08-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Watching it right now. The economics on this show are ridiculous. Here's to hoping he'll be on after the break.

Baptist
08-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Unlike Medina, Peter Schiff actually isn't a 9/11 Truther.

Yeah, Peter has been asked about 9/11 two or three times and he always answers fine (fine as in the ignorant masses who believe cave dwellers flew planes into buildings won't think he is a conspiracy nut).

SilentBull
08-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Nothing yet, and no mention of Peter.

Nathan Hale
08-03-2010, 08:03 PM
I don't know why we're expecting a harsh reception from Hannity. He's had Gary Johnson and Rand Paul on, and he's been nothing but supportive. Schiff has a great opportunity here to beat McMahon senseless.

Liberty_Mike
08-03-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't know why we're expecting a harsh reception from Hannity. He's had Gary Johnson and Rand Paul on, and he's been nothing but supportive. Schiff has a great opportunity here to beat McMahon senseless.

I think you could be right. This is an election year, so Hannity might try feeding him questions to tear apart Blumenthal more than anything. It should give Peter some good exposure either way, since Schiff knows how to handle interviews.

Legend1104
08-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Oh well, must be tomorrow unless I missed it on the radio show.

low preference guy
08-03-2010, 08:15 PM

Because the NEW WORLD ORDER won't left Schiff win!!

/sarcasm/

farrar
08-03-2010, 08:21 PM
I think both schiff and hannity are realitivly agressive, but schiff has somthing hannity doesn't. He has a brain. I'm not too worried about him.

rawful
08-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Even if he does handle himself well, people are too dumb to listen to his arguments. They'll just hear "drugs" and "he wants to take money away from us."

"Linda McMahon donated to Rahm Emanuel" will trump anything bad said about Peter.

libertybrewcity
08-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Wasn't on? That sucks, maybe tomorrow.

Liberty_Mike
08-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Well, it seems as no one here has any idea what the status is with the Hannity interview, so I assume Schiff will update us all tomorrow. Maybe he will actually specify if it is a TV or radio interview as well! I'll check back and post more info tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it.

South Park Fan
08-03-2010, 11:55 PM

Schiff can get brownie points if he calls him "Rambo Deadfish Emanuel"

trey4sports
08-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Schiff can get brownie points if he calls him "Rambo Deadfish Emanuel"

ahahahhaha

Bergie Bergeron
08-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Any news?

CoreyBowen999
08-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Any news?

+1

Suzu
08-04-2010, 09:58 AM

Except he's *not* a "truther". But I get your point :)

Bergie Bergeron
08-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Peterrrrrr, where are youuuuuu?

Liberty_Mike
08-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Update from Schiff's video blog today.

He said that they are still working the details out with Hannity. Hopefully he will be able to get on before the primaries. We will have to wait and see. Also, he said he will for sure be on Fox News at 6pm on Thursday. Check out the video below and hear it from him.

YouTube - 40% of polled voters might change their mind by Election Day! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0x8JA3dtBg)

trey4sports
08-04-2010, 04:15 PM
way to rally the troops peter!

SilentBull
08-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Update from Schiff's video blog today.

He said that they are still working the details out with Hannity. Hopefully he will be able to get on before the primaries. We will have to wait and see. Also, he said he will for sure be on Fox News at 6pm on Thursday. Check out the video below and hear it from him.

YouTube - 40% of polled voters might change their mind by Election Day! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0x8JA3dtBg)

Wow, he's good! He really knows how to get people excited. I was feeling down earlier. I feel much better now. Let's hope he's right. What we need is those 34% of Republicans that already like him to vote for him. They just don't think he can win.

crazyfacedjenkins
08-05-2010, 01:26 AM
Fuck it, in the other thread I said I had wasted my money donating, I was wrong. Seeing a candidate put this kind of effort and enthusiasm into a campaign is WELL worth the donation.

qwerty
08-05-2010, 03:11 AM
fuck it, in the other thread i said i had wasted my money donating, i was wrong. Seeing a candidate put this kind of effort and enthusiasm into a campaign is well worth the donation.

awesome! :)

libertarian4321
08-05-2010, 04:52 AM
This is good news, I guess, even if Hannity attacks- at this point, any publicity is good publicity.

Still, I feel the need to say "fuck Hannity"- the guy is a total d-bag.