PDA

View Full Version : Join The Boston Tea-V Party

MIforRonPaul
06-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Ok...here's an idea that needs to be developed by city or metro area. It's the Patriot's rebellion against Main Stream Media. This idea plays off the "Boston Tea Party", an event that occurred before the Revolutionary War. From Wikipedia, "The Boston Tea Party was a protest by the American colonists against Great Britain in which they destroyed many crates of tea bricks on ships in Boston Harbor. The incident, which took place on Thursday, December 16, 1773, has been seen as helping to spark the American Revolution."

Just a slight modification. The tea is to be replaced by Tea-V's and either a dump-truck, or dumpsters. Here's the outline of the idea:

1. Organize the staging area...preferably a place where lots of people will be, i.e. downtown park on the 4th. of July.
2. Arrange for either a dumpster (but better is a Dump Truck) and plaster it with Ron Paul for President signs, along with the main sign that says, "Dump the Main Stream Media".
3. Get the word out to all area Meet-up Groups on the time (I suggest this be pulled of on National Ron Paul Day - the 4th. of July). Tell them to trash pick busted TV's from the local Salvation Army dumpster, thrift stores, etc. Or put an ad in the local Craig's list for donations, and start collecting TV's to trash.
4. Get your 'Patriot' costumes ready. Dress up the kids. Someone either get a megaphone or a PA system so the 'Patriots' can speak.
5. When you bring your TV to dump, you can make a statement as to why you're going to vote to for Ron Paul.
6. Press releases will be available that you can modify - send them out to every media you can (even the major media).
7. Have fun, take pictures, video, and make a big splash. This could get some MAJOR MEDIA ATTENTION NATIONWIDE if we had this going on in cities across the USA. I have domains set aside where pictures, comments, and video can go: www.BostonTVParty.com; www.BostonTeaVParty.com, and a few others.

Any one in?:)

DjLoTi
06-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Hilarious idea. It'll take some real motivation to spend $20-50 bucks on a TV just to trash, though. lol

angelatc
06-08-2007, 10:50 AM
I don't know about you, but I could pick one off the curb on any given garbage day.

Or post a note on Craigslist, or Freecycle - "Wanted - DOA portable TV"

MIforRonPaul
06-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Stop by any Salvation Army or thrift store dumpster - TV's are a dime a dozen. Tape a sign that says "CNN" or "Faux News" on the screen and then drop it from a crane!