PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul to appear on Sean Hannity show on Fox News RIGHT NOW!!!

BamaFanNKy
08-02-2010, 12:32 PM
YouTube - Martina McBride - Independence Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA3_LOfAtlw)

MRoCkEd
08-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Nice.

amisspelledword
08-02-2010, 12:52 PM
sean hannity annoys me. im glad he's having rand though. cant discount sean's influence and status.

Paulfan05
08-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Hope it isn't a setup, you know what the media does to anti establishment people.

amisspelledword
08-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Hope it isn't a setup, you know what the media does to anti establishment people.

doubt its gonna happen. this is conway vs. paul now. sean wouldnt bring rand on his show to establish his support for a liberal democrat. would he? no. comeonnn

sailingaway
08-02-2010, 01:37 PM
doubt its gonna happen. this is conway vs. paul now. sean wouldnt bring rand on his show to establish his support for a liberal democrat. would he? no. comeonnn

With Conway saying he wants to end the filibuster so Dems can better shove through Obama's agenda? The chances are vanishingly small.

Which doesn't mean he might not ask some hard questions. Cavuto did, heck, Mandy did in her radio interview.

S.Shorland
08-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Behind the scenes,after the show in a locked and darkened room maybe he can remind Mr Hannity about Peter Schiff being in a race in Connecticut.

sailingaway
08-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Behind the scenes,after the show in a locked and darkened room maybe he can remind Mr Hannity about Peter Schiff being in a race in Connecticut.

Hannity had nothing nice to say about Rand in the primary, and I doubt he'd treat Peter differently. Rand is on his show because he is the nominee, at this point.

johnrocks
08-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Any side bets on if things like marijuana laws are brought up to try and paint Rand as an "extremist" or Sean saying he's a "Reagan Conservative", if I only had a dollar for each time I've heard him say that,lol.

BamaFanNKy
08-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Any side bets on if things like marijuana laws are brought up to try and paint Rand as an "extremist" or Sean saying he's a "Reagan Conservative", if I only had a dollar for each time I've heard him say that,lol.

It's not like this is his first visit:
YouTube - Rand Paul on Hannity Fox News 6-11-2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTnOF1_N-js)

johnrocks
08-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Thanks, I had not seen that one, I guess I'm just "gun shy".

sailingaway
08-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks, I had not seen that one, I guess I'm just "gun shy".

Actually, Hannity challenged him on the radio on that topic (well, the federal drug war, actuallY) before having Rand on on TV. Rand said if his son was, heaven forbid, ever caught up in drugs, he'd want him before a judge at the community level where the judge would mete out justice better, based on better knowledge of the circumstances, rather than having mandatory federal sentencing laws apply....etc.

Nathan Hale
08-02-2010, 05:43 PM

Sean has been remarkably accepting of "the movement" this election cycle. I'm not saying he's a fast friend, but he's a useful ally at this point, because he knows where his bread is buttered.

specsaregood
08-02-2010, 06:07 PM

How about a side bet on whether he mentions the snowball incident yet again?

BamaFanNKy
08-02-2010, 06:08 PM
How about a side bet on whether he mentions the snowball incident yet again?

He loves that incident.

sailingaway
08-02-2010, 06:12 PM
He loves that incident.

He must. He keeps bringing it up.

Live_Free_Or_Die
08-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Will Rand be presenting any gifts?

http://i26.tinypic.com/ojiczc.png

specsaregood
08-02-2010, 06:47 PM
He loves that incident.

I have no doubt that it was a focal point in his career. Where he realized that his propaganda has real tangible effects and that if the peasants ever get mad enough to get the pitchforks and torches that he very well could find himself strung up. ie: he is not untouchable by the masses.

libertybrewcity
08-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Hannity has been a nice 'ally' to the Tea Party candidates. I'm not getting to close because he will be anti-RP all the way in 2012.

sailingaway
08-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Hannity has been a nice 'ally' to the Tea Party candidates. I'm not getting to close because he will be anti-RP all the way in 2012.

Oh, yeah. He didn't support Rand in the primary, either. He supports the Republican nominee.

Chieftain1776
08-02-2010, 07:23 PM
These Paul promos are annoying... he still talks about "setting the record straight" which make I'm sure makes some people wonder "why what's wrong".

Chieftain1776
08-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Also Rand needs to be shameless in asking for money. If Jack can beg Netroots and Daily Kos for cold hard cash Rand should do the same on Hannity. I'll be pissed if he doesn't promote donating.

sailingaway
08-02-2010, 07:29 PM
These Paul promos are annoying... he still talks about "setting the record straight" which make I'm sure makes some people wonder "why what's wrong".

I completely agree. There is NOTHING wrong with Rand's record and his repeated 'set the record straight' gives gloss to the Dem's pretence that when Rand says what he actually thinks, as opposed to what the Dems have been SAYING he thinks (based on their imaginations) that he is flipping.

Nathan Hale
08-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Also Rand needs to be shameless in asking for money. If Jack can beg Netroots and Daily Kos for cold hard cash Rand should do the same on Hannity. I'll be pissed if he doesn't promote donating.

I wouldn't mind a quick mention, but prolonged begging like I've seen from certain candidates quickly becomes a turnoff. It's like sex. It's okay to show interest, but too much interest quickly becomes a turnoff.

Son of Detroit
08-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Oh my god... F U Frank asked his group if they supported a national ID card.

The whole room raised their hand.

:(

Nathan Hale
08-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Oh my god... F U Frank asked his group if they supported a national ID card.

The whole room raised their hand.

:(

Honestly, at this point I think that Frank's rooms contain 30 paid actors.

Chieftain1776
08-02-2010, 07:32 PM
I completely agree. There is NOTHING wrong with Rand's record and his repeated 'set the record straight' gives gloss to the Dem's pretence that when Rand says what he actually thinks, as opposed to what the Dems have been SAYING he thinks (based on their imaginations) that he is flipping.

You know maybe that's because it's what sells. Hannity is a ratings hound first and foremost.

Flash
08-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Honestly, at this point I think that Frank's rooms contain 30 paid actors.

Isn't that already proven? Remember the 07 campaign where someone found the same man in his random focus group twice??

Bruno
08-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Isn't that already proven? Remember the 07 campaign where someone found the same man in his random focus group twice??

Yep. I think it was like three months apart in different cities.

Hannity - "We're going to follow the race as we have been closely"

amisspelledword
08-02-2010, 07:42 PM
not bad. too short, though in my opinion :-P

Bruno
08-02-2010, 07:42 PM
not bad. too short, though in my opinion :-P

Yeah, he interrupted him to get that last question in.

Nathan Hale
08-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Great interview - Hannity is totally on board. Rand, of course, is totally on board also, calling out "Democrats and Obama" and defending "establishment vs anti-establishment" rivalries in primaries but unification in generals. But hey, that's the game, and we're going to win this fucker.

Chieftain1776
Pretty good. Should have been shameless and asked for dough.

I think Rand really connected with the conservative movement.

MRoCkEd
Good interview

Nathan Hale
Yeah, he interrupted him to get that last question in.

He had a hard break coming. Sucks, but it was fair.

TXcarlosTX
08-02-2010, 07:44 PM
and thats how its done people!!!

Watch and Learn.

Play da game Rand.

thomas-in-ky
08-02-2010, 07:47 PM
argh. couldn't find a live stream. Tubes anyone?

K466
08-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Is it on You Tube yet?

jct74
08-02-2010, 08:08 PM
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4300756/democrats-continue-to-demonize-tea-party/

Adrock
08-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Good interview.

It was a short segment but he didn't mention Conway at all. I like that. It was positive, on the issues, and concise. Tell you the truth I liked when Rand always referred to his Grayson as "my opponent" when giving speeches/interviews. It makes your attacks sound less personal or negative while still getting the message out.

JK/SEA
08-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Why is Rand promoting term limits?...geez..i hope its just throwing a bone to the sheeple move.

sailingaway
08-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the tube.

He's great. I would say, however:

1. The early questions were not about Rand Paul but about the GOP relationship with the Tea Party. Rand finally got there with the 'coming together in the general' issue, but Hannity was speaking to him more as a Senator than a candidate IMHO. He wanted statement of the tea party across the nation and the party as a whole. Rand kept turning it back to Rand Paul's specific experience, when I think Hannity wanted broader conclusions.

2. He said a lot of the same things he said LAST time on Hannity, and while his bullets need to be repeated, he can move ahead. I know some people have not yet really started to focus on the race, but he should give repeat viewers some updated information. The information on the law suit and positions on the power to tax were good.

Matt Collins
08-02-2010, 08:33 PM
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/918/fufrankuz2.png
http://roobaroo.net/Images/Fox_Focus_Group.jpg

jct74
08-02-2010, 08:48 PM
YouTube - Democrats Continue to Demonize Tea Party (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmq0OuHDlxw)

libertybrewcity
08-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Why is Rand promoting term limits?...geez..i hope its just throwing a bone to the sheeple move.

What's wrong with term limits? It is a very popular issue.

It will be hard to get term limits passed especially because there will be many senators and house members voting that have served for many years. The infusion of new blood this coming November should give it a better chance though.

sailingaway
08-02-2010, 08:55 PM
What's wrong with term limits? It is a very popular issue.

It will be hard to get term limits passed especially because there will be many senators and house members voting that have served for many years. The infusion of new blood this coming November should give it a better chance though.

Term limits when enacted pretty uniformly start fresh with the date of enactment, or at least split the difference. So someone might have been there ten terms, but if a two term limit is passed, they have two more terms. Otherwise you would never get them passed.

libertybrewcity
08-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Term limits when enacted pretty uniformly start fresh with the date of enactment, or at least split the difference. So someone might have been there ten terms, but if a two term limit is passed, they have two more terms. Otherwise you would never get them passed.

Yea, I understand that the current senators and house members would be grandfathered in, but it would still be tough to pass. The media would play it down and the committee heads would throw it out.

JK/SEA
08-02-2010, 09:02 PM
So i guess Ron Paul should retire immediately then? (main point here)

Term limits is just emotional knee jerk reactions to frustrations with elected officials.

Also, WE already have term limits...it's called VOTING.

I put the term limit issue in the same category as abortion and flag burning. Non issue.

I just wondered why Rand said it...twice.

low preference guy
08-02-2010, 09:08 PM
So i guess Ron Paul should retire immediately then? (main point here)

Term limits is just emotional knee jerk reactions to frustrations with elected officials.

Also, WE already have term limits...it's called VOTING.

I put the term limit issue in the same category as abortion and flag burning. Non issue.

I just wondered why Rand said it...twice.

He hasn't said it twice. He said it more than 500 times. He said it on every campaign speech. Both Ron and Rand favor term limits.

TheTyke
08-02-2010, 09:12 PM
GREAT interview!! I loved how he pointed out that the Establishment is supporting OUR candidates now... that's a point I've tried to make to a bunch of people lately.

Actually, Ron Paul supports and will vote for term limits. He sees them as merely a bandage on the problem, but it's an extremely popular concept that brings voters together - probably 70% of Repubs AND Dems favor them. This is why Rand mentions it... if you're running to win, a platform takes your most popular beliefs and highlights them for the voters. Basically, you talk up the things most people agree with or relate to.

thomas-in-ky
08-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Great interview!

Under 12 years term limits, at any point in time almost 50% of the senators would not be eligible for re-election (i.e. on their second term). They might actually take principled stands on issues like Jim Bunning recently did. And they'd have no allegiances to buy for their next election. Imagine how much pork we could save from the budget.

JK/SEA
08-02-2010, 09:23 PM
OK..i'm wrong.

Term limits ftw.

I will say this though, if term limits were in place 20 years ago, are you telling me Ron Paul wouldn't be needed today?

low preference guy
08-02-2010, 09:28 PM
OK..i'm wrong.

Term limits ftw.

I will say this though, if term limits were in place 20 years ago, are you telling me Ron Paul wouldn't be needed today?

had we had term limits 20 years ago, maybe we would've had a better legislature who voted against the bailouts.

JK/SEA
08-02-2010, 09:30 PM
had we had term limits 20 years ago, maybe we would've had a better legislature who voted against the bailouts.

yes...MAYBE.

thomas-in-ky
08-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Term limits ftw.

sarcasm duly noted! :) fwiw, term limits used to be a non-issue for me as well. Rand's support for term limits is genuine.

JK/SEA
08-02-2010, 09:48 PM
sarcasm duly noted! :) fwiw, term limits used to be a non-issue for me as well. Rand's support for term limits is genuine.

Don't get me wrong here. The term limit issue Rand loves is not a deal breaker for me in my support of him, and my hopes of him winning.. I just find it odd. Oh well....

sailingaway
08-02-2010, 10:10 PM

Ron sponsored the first term limits bill in modern history and has voted for every one he's voted on since.

Nathan Hale
08-03-2010, 07:15 PM
yes...MAYBE.

Of course, maybe, but it's a good strategy because it's very likely that our Congress is as horrible as it is because we have career politicians rather than citizen legislators.

sailingaway
08-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Of course, maybe, but it's a good strategy because it's very likely that our Congress is as horrible as it is because we have career politicians rather than citizen legislators.

Rasmussen regularly polls the percentage of voters who would prefer congress be chosen at random from the telephone directory. It's always fascinatingly high.