PDA

View Full Version : McMahon campaign finally acknowledges Peter's existence

SilentBull
08-02-2010, 11:06 AM
"Peter offends a lot of people and he scares a lot of voters," said McMahon spokesman Ed Patru. "Women were pretty taken aback last week when he suggested Linda's place is at home washing her hair instead of in the Senate. As for Linda's kick, people know it wasn't real. The real kick in the groin is that Schiff is on record not only calling for the abolishment of social security and Medicare, but also the legalization of heroin and cocaine."

http://blogs.cqpolitics.com/eyeon2010/2010/08/connecticut-gop-schiff-mcmahon-simmons.html

Jordan
08-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Expect to see this all over the airwaves should Peter ever get close to Linda:

not only calling for the abolishment of social security and Medicare, but also the legalization of heroin and cocaine."

Michael P
08-02-2010, 12:02 PM
It took longer than I thought for a retort to the commercial. They obviously had to reach pretty far to punch back at Peter. They are scared of Peter, if not because they think he can beat them but because he isn't scared to tell the truth and say the things that other people think but would never say. It is the same reason Linda would never debate Peter again, he could tear her apart in sixty seconds.

tpreitzel
08-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Peter's good at explaining his positions, i.e. legalizing drugs at the federal level and thereby returning the decision of legality to the states. He still has time to clarify his positions to the voters.

Linda's trying to preemptively perform damage control. We'll see how much of Linda's lies the voters buy on August 10th.

Liberty_Mike
08-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Hm, the response from Linda's campaign really isn't surprising. They have no true positions or issues to attack Peter on, so they have to exaggerate minor positions to make Peter look bad. Obviously, the McMahon campaign doesn't have a strong stance on any issues or their own platform to campaign on. I wouldn't expect anything but a childish response from the McMahon campaign.

MRoCkEd
08-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Let's be honest here - that was an extremely effective response.

This is an important lesson to learn for campaigns - every word will be scrutinized. It was very irresponsible for Schiff's official twitter and facebook to suggest that Linda was "washing her hair" or "organizing her sock drawer." Also, you don't say things like, "I believe drugs should be legalized but I won't campaign on that issue" when you are being recorded.

moonshineplease
08-02-2010, 12:50 PM
She might as well have said "Peter wants to legalize Heroin and hand it out to five year olds..."..."Strange ideas...":rolleyes::rolleyes:

All in all this is probably still a good sign that Peter is starting to be noticed.

K466
08-02-2010, 12:59 PM
"Peter offends a lot of people and he scares a lot of voters,"

I suppose there are a lot of people in the government that are offended.

"As for Linda's kick, people know it wasn't real."

But your kicks to republicans were real.

"The real kick in the groin is that Schiff is on record not only calling for the abolishment of social security and Medicare"

No that's the best thing I have heard all day.

"but also the legalization of heroin and cocaine."

He wants the states to regulate it, not the federal government.

All that being said I don't know that CT voters are smart enough to elect Schiff, it will be easy for Linda and Blumenthal to distort what Peter says.

JackieDan
08-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Believe me, very few people will read that article. Watch when the Kick AD starts airing, you'll see a lot of people turning against Linda McMahon.

SilentBull
08-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Believe me, very few people will read that article. Watch when the Kick AD starts airing, you'll see a lot of people turning against Linda McMahon.

It already started airing. I'm hoping for a poll. Does anyone know if a new poll is scheduled?

low preference guy
08-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Let's be honest here - that was an extremely effective response.

This is an important lesson to learn for campaigns - every word will be scrutinized. It was very irresponsible for Schiff's official twitter and facebook to suggest that Linda was "washing her hair" or "organizing her sock drawer." Also, you don't say things like, "I believe drugs should be legalized but I won't campaign on that issue" when you are being recorded.

Even if he didn't say it, it would've been too late. He said he was for the legalization of all drugs, on youtube and in WS Unspun, many times before he even considered running.

Michael P
08-02-2010, 02:30 PM
It already started airing. I'm hoping for a poll. Does anyone know if a new poll is scheduled?

August 10th

Liberty_Mike
08-02-2010, 03:00 PM
August 10th

Good one

qwerty
08-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Lesson to us!

Search www.news.google.com for every article about Peter and make a GOOD response there!

Really, phonebanking will make the difference!!

ironmanjakarta
08-02-2010, 11:37 PM
But isn't McMom for legalizing is steroids? I could of sworn since all her employees use it. She's probably the dealer.

jct74
08-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Peter fires back!

Peter Schiff's observation on Twitter last week that Linda McMahon skipped out on last week's debate because she was home washing her hair drew cries of sexism from some McMahon supporters.

Now the Schiff camp is firing back. "Linda's camp had no answers as to her whereabouts for reporters covering last week's debates," Schiff spokeswoman Jennifer Millikin said in a statement.

"Whether washing her hair or organizing her sock drawer, the tweet's were simply calling attention to the fact that Linda was a no show. In 2010, both women and men shower and do laundry, right? As for sexist, she would know that term well - she and her husband profited off of tawdry story telling for years.

"Given her wrestling background, Linda McMahon knows all about kicks to the groin and cheap shots. Linda and her hired guns from Washington continue to attempt to distort Peter's record in her quest to buy this election. Linda has refused to debate or engage on the issues in this race. Why? Because without a script, she can't hold her own.

"She has come to rely on her high priced Washington consultants to design her pretty mail, write her issue positions and jobs plan and undermine the others in this race. Linda's more like a marionette than a true candidate with ideas. Voters should be asking who's really pulling the strings."

http://blogs.courant.com/capitol_watch/2010/08/hair-washing-and-groin-kicking.html