PDA

View Full Version : Glen Bradley HUGE opportunity

GunnyFreedom
08-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Normally a $5000 cost, I have an opportunity to have my district polled by PPP for $1000 due to a secret benefactor for this sole purpose only. The stipulation is that if I can take in $1000 in donations between now and Thursday, then on Friday, this $5000 PPP poll will be purchased for only $1000 of my campaign funds. Results of this poll will be shared broadly with everyone here and in the liberty movement.

Is this something we can do?

MRoCkEd
08-02-2010, 11:05 AM
I sure hope so!

GunnyFreedom
08-02-2010, 11:35 AM
6 views. Sometimes I get the impression that I am the only person excited about my campaign.

LibertyVox
08-02-2010, 11:36 AM
I respect your views Gunny.

LibertyVox
08-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Besides I don't think the VIEW counter updates itself instantaneously.
Have heart. :p

LittleLightShining
08-02-2010, 11:43 AM
6 views. Sometimes I get the impression that I am the only person excited about my campaign.

You're not.

BUUUUUUUMMMMPPPP!!!!

GunnyFreedom
08-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Besides I don't think the VIEW counter updates itself instantaneously.
Have heart. :p

I appreciate it. I'm a bit discouraged mostly because I see all these million dollar moneybombs, I ran only because we needed people to run for State Legislatures to help advance the movement, and no matter how hard I try I have only gotten about $3.8k from the liberty movement in the last 12 months.

I have to use a donated webhost because I don't really have the funds to pay for the bandwith that is getting used. All my handouts are printed on a home printer and cut out by hand.

The canvass is spectacularly successful, but they get cut short because I run out of materials.

Hell, I couldn't even get enough of a response to win the NCGOP e-mail poll for $4000 that would have cost nothing for anybody here.

Believe me, I'm not running for office because I want to be a dam politician.

People are just super-excited about the Federal level races to the point that that is their sole focus, when our ppl in Congress will be able to do nothing without pressure from the States, and my race is probably one of the most winnable State level races in our movement right now.

It's just discouraging, but discouragement may cause me to vent a little but it sure as hell won't stop me from fighting.

LittleLightShining
08-02-2010, 11:57 AM
I appreciate it. I'm a bit discouraged mostly because I see all these million dollar moneybombs, I ran only because we needed people to run for State Legislatures to help advance the movement, and no matter how hard I try I have only gotten about $3.8k from the liberty movement in the last 12 months.

I have to use a donated webhost because I don't really have the funds to pay for the bandwith that is getting used. All my handouts are printed on a home printer and cut out by hand.

The canvass is spectacularly successful, but they get cut short because I run out of materials.

Hell, I couldn't even get enough of a response to win the NCGOP e-mail poll for $4000 that would have cost nothing for anybody here.

People are just super-excited about the Federal level races to the point that that is their sole focus, when our ppl in Congress will be able to do nothing without pressure from the States, and my race is probably one of the most winnable State level races in our movement right now.

It's just discouraging, but discouragement may cause me to vent a little but it sure as hell won't stop me from fighting.

I've been spending all my time working with a candidate like you here in VT. If I was in NC I'd be helping you more. I don't have money but I do have time and networks. I hope upon hope that you have people on the ground where you are doing that for you.
And I, too, hope people wake up to how important the state races are. SOOOO much moreso than the federal level races.

Southron
08-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Count me in for something before Thursday.

LibertyVox
08-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Believe me, I'm not running for office because I want to be a dam politician.........................

...............discouragement may cause me to vent a little but it sure as hell won't stop me from fighting.

Well sir you have my support. All you need is a little more fanfare and a little liberty loving red meat.

YouTube - John Adams Theme Song (HBO Intro) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6DPeCXV5bI)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Liberty candidate Glen Bradley. $5000 by Thursday. Do it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/image.php?u=8481&type=sigpic&dateline=1265415896

jacque
08-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Please continue to donate. Glen's website at home is down. I will keep him updated until he can get it working.

Thanks. Glen will need help keeping up the website too.

Kylie
08-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Unfortunately, some of us have been hit hard in the pocketbook as of late. And to boot, I don't count as unemployed anymore! Gotta love not counting!!:mad:

I wish I could help monetarily, but I can give you a bump!!

I hope you make it man, we need people like you in places that can get things done.

Good luck.

KCIndy
08-02-2010, 12:25 PM
BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!

$100 BUMP!!!

Come on, everyone... this shouldn't be too hard! Let's get this done. I don't know Gunny - Glen - personally, but from everything I've seen, heard and read, he's knocking himself out to win, and he's doing it on a budget that gives a whole new meaning to "shoestring."

It we on RPF can't raise a lousy One Grand for one of our own, we may as well pack it in and forget about 2012.

Matching donations?? PLEASE???

Mon, August 2, 2010 2:12:49 PM
Receipt for Your Payment to Committee to Elect Glen Bradley

"service@paypal.com" <service@paypal.com>

To: "KCIndy"
PayPal logo Aug 2, 2010 11:12:49 PDT
Transaction ID: 8YP200310F212421R
Hello Ken C,

You sent a payment of $100.00 USD to Committee to Elect Glen Bradley (treasurer@glenbradley.net)

jacque
I've been spending all my time working with a candidate like you here in VT. If I was in NC I'd be helping you more. I don't have money but I do have time and networks. I hope upon hope that you have people on the ground where you are doing that for you.
And I, too, hope people wake up to how important the state races are. SOOOO much moreso than the federal level races.

Thanks. Glen will get with you when his stuff if=s back up. Account has been upgarded but he can not log on yet.

Southron
I've always loved that intro.:D

malkusm
08-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Gunny - how much of the $1000 have you raised?

Mods - should this be stickied?

GunnyFreedom
08-02-2010, 12:37 PM
it's weird, I went to update the donation thermometer to the current total, and I could not access the website, No machine on this LAN can connect to the website, but it appears that everyone else can still connect.

KCIndy
08-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Gunny - how much of the $1000 have you raised?

Mods - should this be stickied?

Malkusm, I just kicked in $100 with a begging plea for anyone to match. To the best of my knowledge, that's all Glen's received so far on this drive. (I don't want this to sound like I'm smug or bragging - I'm not - I'm just desperately hoping we can get this polling set up for Gunny.)

And yeah, I vote for a sticky. We can't afford to let this thread get buried.

Mods??

Lord Xar
08-02-2010, 12:44 PM

Dude. I hear you. This forum is a shadow of what it use to be. Now, it is overrun with anarchic libertarians, marxist libertarians, and just plain - no friends of liberty people. And they have deep mouths, but very shallow pockets. They don't give a shit about liberty.

I will pony up $50 and will match every $10 donated with a $1. Just message me via this forum Wednesday. <--- Disregard.

EDIT: I will Match KCIndy's Donation.

GunnyFreedom
08-02-2010, 12:45 PM
took the iPhone off WiFi and connected, but will not connect from this LAN. :(

Southron
08-02-2010, 12:45 PM
I think people are oblivious to the effects states have on districting.

Aratus
08-02-2010, 12:47 PM
yes... sticky this thread!

GunnyFreedom
08-02-2010, 12:48 PM
All I can figure is that my latest dynamic IP from RoadRunner ended up on a blacklist somewhere, but when I go to refresh the DHCP it just gives me the exact same IP again :(

LibertyVox
08-02-2010, 12:52 PM
I've always loved that intro.:D

yeah, I cried too when Adams died with his parting advice.

And yes mods Sticky This Thread por favor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Liberty candidate Glen Bradley. $5000 by Thursday. Do it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/image.php?u=8481&type=sigpic&dateline=1265415896

rprprs
08-02-2010, 12:58 PM
BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!

$100 BUMP!!!

Come on, everyone... this shouldn't be too hard! Let's get this done. I don't know Gunny - Glen - personally, but from everything I've seen, heard and read, he's knocking himself out to win, and he's doing it on a budget that gives a whole new meaning to "shoestring."

It we on RPF can't raise a lousy One Grand for one of our own, we may as well pack it in and forget about 2012.

Matching donations?? PLEASE???

Ok, but not until I get home tonite...around 7PM eastern.
I'll post again after I make the donation.

C'mon guys...Anybody else?

Lord Xar
08-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Here you go:

Transaction ID: 4T519678KH094291R
An email with your order summary has been sent to **************@aol.com
Merchant Contact Information
Committee to Elect Glen Bradley
treasurer@glenbradley.net
919-272-7168
Go to PayPal Account Overview

Aug 2, 2010
Payment To Committee to Elect Glen Bradley
Completed Details -$100.00 USD
Payment To Committee to Elect Glen Bradley 4T519678KH094291R

Southron
08-02-2010, 01:08 PM
A little John Adams motivational speech:

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

GunnyFreedom
08-02-2010, 01:12 PM
I just talked Jacque through how to update the donation thermometer by replacing the URL in the HTML, so that's updated now.

Thanks everyone for the support. I'd like to stay on this thread past midnight, but I have an Independence Caucus event I have to get to right now or I'll be late. I'll let y'all know how it goes

jacque
08-02-2010, 01:22 PM
I just talked Jacque through how to update the donation thermometer by replacing the URL in the HTML, so that's updated now.

Thanks everyone for the support. I'd like to stay on this thread past midnight, but I have an Independence Caucus event I have to get to right now or I'll be late. I'll let y'all know how it goes

I am taking my laptop with me to the iCaucus meeting tonight. I will continue to update you on the total for this drive. So far we have received, $210.00. I have to leave here by in an hour and will not be back up for about 1 1/2 hours.

FreedomMom
GunnyFreedom's MOM

Imperial
08-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Just donated $10. Cmon people, let's do this! I am about to go into college and am chipping in what I can, so you can too!

Vessol
08-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Transaction ID: 8KV503867K5530146

I donated as much as I can right now, 5$. I know it's not much, but I just wanted to show my support Glenn. You're awesome, don't lose heart.

KCIndy
08-02-2010, 03:53 PM
BUMP for a "sticky" request!! :)

We can do it, people!!

GunnyFreedom
08-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Posting from Independence Caucus event. Treasurer says we are at $225 on the challenge today.

libertybrewcity
08-02-2010, 04:01 PM
I am NOT trying to be negative here. But, is a 1k poll the best use of resources?

Imagine how many campaign materials you could buy with 1k. A poll will do nothing to help you win...

Anyways, two ideas. One, you could actually have a moneybomb and go for a small goal like 1-3k. That seems very possible. Two, you could buy some phone number lists, and I would help make calls if you needed help. I'm also moving to Virginia so I could possibly take the bus down to where you are for a weekend or a few weekends and help out.

malkusm
08-02-2010, 04:09 PM
I am NOT trying to be negative here. But, is a 1k poll the best use of resources?

Imagine how many campaign materials you could buy with 1k. A poll will do nothing to help you win...

Anyways, two ideas. One, you could actually have a moneybomb and go for a small goal like 1-3k. That seems very possible. Two, you could buy some phone number lists, and I would help make calls if you needed help. I'm also moving to Virginia so I could possibly take the bus down to where you are for a weekend or a few weekends and help out.

I see what you're saying, but (A) the poll typically costs $5,000, so this is a great one-time opportunity; (B) most people in the movement don't support candidates with their time or donations unless they have independent poll numbers that demonstrate that the candidate can win. Assuming Gunny is fairly close in this poll (as we expect him to be), the results could create a fundraising bump that would more than pay for the cost of the poll.

JK/SEA
08-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Transaction ID: 2DR204457E037590Y Placed on Aug 2, 2010
Payment For Quantity Price
Donation for: Committee to Elect Glen Bradley for NC House 49 1 $35.00 USD
Item Total: $35.00 USD
Sales Tax: $0.00 USD

Total Amount: $35.00 USD

Imperial
08-02-2010, 04:22 PM
I see what you're saying, but (A) the poll typically costs $5,000, so this is a great one-time opportunity; (B) most people in the movement don't support candidates with their time or donations unless they have independent poll numbers that demonstrate that the candidate can win. Assuming Gunny is fairly close in this poll (as we expect him to be), the results could create a fundraising bump that would more than pay for the cost of the poll.

To go a little further, this could help Gunny fundraise from traditional sources in the state or sources close to the party if he is running really competitively.

GunnyFreedom
08-02-2010, 04:22 PM
This is a fascinating seminar. "the people" only contribute 19% which makes sense. I have right about 20% what a 'normal' candidate has, and "the people" are my only backers.

PS - $260 on the challenge

DaisyFL
08-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Bump

libertybrewcity
08-02-2010, 04:33 PM

Yea, I say go for it if the results of poll can almost guarantee raising more than 1k for a Glen. The normal state house race probably averages only 5-10k, so having one thousand dollars is amazing and can buy probably thousands of quality fliers or mailers whereas a poll might bring nothing.

Kotin
08-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Will be donating when i get payed tomorrow!!

freedoms-light
08-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Just donated $50.00

Total: $50.00 USD

Receipt No: 1520-0052-2840-xxxx
Please keep this receipt number for future reference. You'll need it if you contact customer service at Committee to Elect Glen Bradley

GunnyFreedom
08-02-2010, 05:01 PM
This iCaucus group is very impressive. We are not exactly the same, but enough common ground to work together. $410 on the challenge. Thanks guys!

malkusm
08-02-2010, 05:04 PM
This iCaucus group is very impressive. We are not exactly the same, but enough common ground to work together. $410 on the challenge. Thanks guys!

Guys, Gunny is 100% in it to win it. If you're not friends with him or his campaign on Facebook, add Glen Bradley. He and his staff were out canvassing last week and are gearing up to canvass again this coming weekend.

Glen, if I had a source of income right now, I'd be in to help you....I hope my support in this thread can attract some of the dollars that I can't donate. :)

rprprs
08-02-2010, 05:06 PM
As promised in my earlier post:

Aug 2, 2010 15:57:07 PDT
Transaction ID: 13V003355S997432R

Hello xxxxxx,

You sent a payment of $100.00 USD to Committee to Elect Glen Bradley

WaltM
08-02-2010, 05:40 PM
bump!

Paulatized
08-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Aug 2, 2010 17:34:49 PDT
Transaction ID: 0DU98494BF363940X
Hello xxxxx,

You sent a payment of $40.00 USD to Committee to Elect Glen Bradley (treasurer@glenbradley.net)

Hope this helps! We do care GF.

JK/SEA
08-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Music bump...

YouTube - SCORPIONS : The good die young (TARATATA) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TCilrdA6D4&playnext=1&videos=_Xto2h2Iv1I&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh%2Bdiv-1r-4-HM)

rancher89
08-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Ahhh Gunny, now that we're both unemployed things are tighter than ever. I'll send a couple of bucks tomorrow.

(BTW, Who knew that stocking up for TSHTF would come in so handy so soon? We would be in a really bad place if we didn't have so much dried beans and rice stockpiled!)

Summogonny
08-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Its a good information and great tips.thanks for sharing.

jacque
08-02-2010, 09:23 PM
We are now up the $450. Thanks.

FreedomMom

GunnyFreedom
08-02-2010, 09:25 PM

Well, tried the moneybomb thing, that didn't really work very well. Maybe because I was the driving force behind it, maybe because of a lack of interest. The biggest thing is materials for the canvass, which I still need.

In this case, I'm getting a $5000 poll for $1000, so I'm really getting a 5:1 value, and a good poll (such as the sort offered by PPP) really can help me win by identifying my weakest precincts and the core issues that will motivate the voters in that precinct, as well as the effect messaging might have depending on how detailed I can get the poll.

If it's possible to do a strictly party/name recognition poll up front, say "the Republican Glen Bradley vs the Democrat John May"

then the crosstabs/issues

THEN say "If you knew that Glen Bradley was a strict Constitutionalist who has fought against the Republican Party on many issues, and John May has been a member of the County School Board for 10 years and was hand selected by the Democratic Party to run for State House, who would you support then?"

This would first show the results of a "generic" ballot, and then it would test my primary campaign issue to see if it had an impact.

So I do believe that a poll could very well help me win the race by allowing me to refine my strategy and target the weaker districts and the districts where my issues will have the greatest impact.

With regards to materials, there is no question but that I need a good production run of slimjims and another run of yardsigns (the 100 I got before are almost all out in peoples yards now), but I've asked for those before and the response was less than encouraging, to say the least.

I mean, I'm not going to lie, that's just not in me. The opportunity came up to get a $5000 poll for $1000, so I passed it on to the community, and this has gotten a WAY better response than the times I have asked for donations to come up with materials.

It's your money, not mine, so sometimes you just have to spend it the way the donors want it spent. When I said yardsigns and slimjims the response was anemic. When I relayed this poll opportunity, the response was strong. So clearly the community wants a poll of the district.

I can understand that, and I, too, want a poll of the district. It will be good to identify which precincts I should concentrate on, and which precincts will be most impacted by the Constitutionalist message.

Plus, as has been said elsewhere, if the poll looks good then it will open up a lot of establishment doors that were formerly closed, and a large pickup in local donations may take place.

I don't think a straight poll of yea or nay is all that valuable, but when that poll includes precincts and the impact of messaging, it could well help me refine my strategy to the point of a real victory.

GunnyFreedom
08-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Yea, I say go for it if the results of poll can almost guarantee raising more than 1k for a Glen. The normal state house race probably averages only 5-10k, so having one thousand dollars is amazing and can buy probably thousands of quality fliers or mailers whereas a poll might bring nothing.

The normal competitive State House race in North Carolina costs between $90,000 $100,000 and it is common for State House candidates to poll their district. Direct mail is normally the chosen form of getting the message out, and I have pretty much given up the idea of having enough money to run a direct mail campaign.

brandon
08-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Keep in mind a public poll will help your opponent as much as it will help you. Why pay for something that will help your opponent?

That said, I wish I could donate more to you and I hope everyone keeps donating.

GunnyFreedom
08-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Keep in mind a public poll will help your opponent as much as it will help you. Why pay for something that will help your opponent?

That said, I wish I could donate more to you and I hope everyone keeps donating.

Well, a paid poll is not actually public -- my campaign would be the only one who got the results and I could share them or not as my discretion. What you say is true and had not actually occurred to me until you mentioned it. I could share just the bottom line with the forums, and then send a copy of the full poll to the people who donated to help make it happen letting them know that it should be kept confidential. That would be a good compromise no?

brandon
08-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Yep,I think that's good idea. Just publish the overall poll results and keep the crosstabs private.

JK/SEA
08-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Do what you gotta do Gunny...we're with you whatever you decide.

Imperial
08-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Well, a paid poll is not actually public -- my campaign would be the only one who got the results and I could share them or not as my discretion. What you say is true and had not actually occurred to me until you mentioned it. I could share just the bottom line with the forums, and then send a copy of the full poll to the people who donated to help make it happen letting them know that it should be kept confidential. That would be a good compromise no?

I haven't had the chance to work on an actual campaign yet, but in the many I have observed the general rule of thumb with internals is that you make a nice press release that highlights the good numbers from it and leaves out the bad. If it is all horrible, then you keep it bottled up quiet.

EDIT: That said, the best thing to do would probably be to ask your pollster for advice. Even though they are generally a Dem pollster, they should have enough integrity to give their client good advice on what to make public.

GunnyFreedom
08-02-2010, 10:15 PM
In any case, I have enough on hand right now to make a run of 5000 each of 3 different slimjims, because of the secret benefactor, the poll will not take from those materials (although there really are more than 3 I need to make, so I am considering 2500 each of 6 different slimjims, and I can double a couple so I'll have 5000 of one, 2500 of another etc)

I will still need another $1000 asap so I can get 400 yardsigns run. Even still, I already have WAY more materials than any other campaign at my current donation level. I save crazy money by doing my own designs and my "insider information" of the print production industry.

I am submitting my slimjims for offset printing on Tuesday (today, now) and will expect them back within a week. So this weekend's canvass I'll still be using slimjims off my home printer, but for the next weekend, I should have plenty of materials not to have to worry about running out.

Because of the benefactor (who wants the challenge to remain anonymous) this poll will not draw from current funds, only from this Monday-thru-Thursday event specifically for the poll, which is why I am more than willing to do that.

Had the poll taken from funds I had already raised, then it would be a much much lower priority.

WaltM
08-02-2010, 10:50 PM
In any case, I have enough on hand right now to make a run of 5000 each of 3 different slimjims, because of the secret benefactor, the poll will not take from those materials (although there really are more than 3 I need to make, so I am considering 2500 each of 6 different slimjims, and I can double a couple so I'll have 5000 of one, 2500 of another etc)

I will still need another $1000 asap so I can get 400 yardsigns run. Even still, I already have WAY more materials than any other campaign at my current donation level. I save crazy money by doing my own designs and my "insider information" of the print production industry.

good stuff!

not meant as criticism or discouragement, but my experience has been, business cards, postcards are the best flyers.

bkreigh
08-02-2010, 11:20 PM
I cant access your website for some reason Gunny. Could you post a direct link to the donation page and ill hit it up tomorrow when i get off work. its sleep time right now.

GunnyFreedom
08-02-2010, 11:44 PM
I cant access your website for some reason Gunny. Could you post a direct link to the donation page and ill hit it up tomorrow when i get off work. its sleep time right now.

It just started around 3PM today that some IP addresses cannot access the site. I have been working with the host to resolve the issue and I expect it to be resolved by tomorrow afternoon. All the traceroutes from non-accessing addresses stop in the same place. You wouldn't happen to be accessing from a Carolina's RoadRunner would you?

It's really weird, 95% of people can still access the site no problem. I am one of the 5% who cannot. I also just had a major bandwidth upgrade today since the visits have been climbing through the roof and I kept bumping into my bandwidth limit.

If anybody who cannot access the site can provide traceroute data it will help the host to troubleshoot the problem faster.

On a Windows PC, open up the command prompt and type the command:

tracert glenbradley.net

On a POSIX compliant machine (Unix, Linux, Mac OS) you can open up a terminal window and type the command:

traceroute -n -w30 glenbradley.net

In MacOS you can open Applications/Utilities/Network Utility select the "Traceroute" tab enter glenbradley.net and click "trace"

You will get a series of hops, the one that seems to be blocking select IP addresses seems to be the first hop inside of the host's domain:

core-gi1-1.nocdirect.com (209.51.131.90) 37.732 ms 39.508 ms 41.019 ms

Beyond that hop it gets nothing but timeouts.

So if you cannot access the site, please run a traceroute and post the results, so we can figure out what IP's are getting filtered (or bounced) and hopefully by tomorrow afternoon it will be completely resolved.

Unfortunately, if you are one of the 5% who cannot access the site, the whole domain is unreachable.

The paypal address to donate directly (if you know how) is treasurer@glenbradley.net

Required information is name, full address, job title, employer, and contact info (telephone)

Or, hopefully the blocked IP's will be restored by Tuesday afternoon.

thanks!

Kotin
08-02-2010, 11:52 PM
just dropped $20, will donate more next week :D

GunnyFreedom
08-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Thanks so much to all who have donated so far, and for all the great advice. I have to hit the sack, as I have to be onsite for a job in 5.5 hours (been taking just enough jobs to keep food in the pantry during the campaign) which should net me another $200 in living expenses, which goes a long long way in rice and ramen noodles. I'll be back to update everyone int he afternoon, and hopefully the hosts IP issues should be cleared up by then.

devil21
08-03-2010, 12:23 AM
I can view your site just fine.

What's the total, Glen?

jacque
08-03-2010, 05:04 AM
I can view your site just fine.

What's the total, Glen?

Thanks everyone. We are up to $470.00.

chudrockz
08-03-2010, 05:33 AM
Tuesday morning bump!

I'll be in for something this afternoon after work!

KCIndy
08-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Bump bump bump!!

sticky???

:)

jacque
08-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Ahhh Gunny, now that we're both unemployed things are tighter than ever. I'll send a couple of bucks tomorrow.

(BTW, Who knew that stocking up for TSHTF would come in so handy so soon? We would be in a really bad place if we didn't have so much dried beans and rice stockpiled!)

Rancher, I will donate for you. How much? We are all in this together.

Freedom Mom

Bergie Bergeron
08-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Barely have enough money to eat right now so all I can do is a BUMP.

jacque
08-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Bump

DaisyFL
08-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Bump

chudrockz
08-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Ramen Instant Lunch (cheddar cheese flavor) bump!

erowe1
08-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Just donated $20.

I figure that's the least I can do after our not being able to seal the deal on that stinking $4,000 poll awhile back.

Also, I'm in no position to give high quality political consultation. But with your campaign's financial situation, is commissioning a poll really the best use of $5,000 (or, for that matter, even $1,000)? And would this anonymous benefactor still be up for doing this to have it be used for other needs?

KCIndy
08-03-2010, 11:56 AM

Barely have enough money to eat right now so all I can do is a BUMP.

Ramen Instant Lunch (cheddar cheese flavor) bump!

I'm sure glad Obama fixed the economy! :rolleyes:

liberalnurse
08-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Bump and donated $35.00.

jacque
08-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks all. We are up to $525.

devil21
08-03-2010, 01:13 PM
I pledge that if we can get the total up to $700 TODAY I will kick in the final $300 to get Glen his poll.

Who else is ready to step up?

Son of Detroit
08-03-2010, 01:17 PM
I have no money to spend, sorry to say. I would if I had a source of income.

I'll be supporting in spirit :)

jake
08-03-2010, 01:17 PM
I pledge that if we can get the total up to $700 TODAY I will kick in the final $300 to get Glen his poll.

woop woop , start donating people!!

jacque
08-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Let's go!
Freedom Mom

LittleLightShining
08-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Dude. I hear you. This forum is a shadow of what it use to be. Now, it is overrun with anarchic libertarians, marxist libertarians, and just plain - no friends of liberty people. And they have deep mouths, but very shallow pockets. They don't give a shit about liberty.

:rolleyes:

Transaction ID: 3AG4095427639263M
An email with your order summary has been sent to (my email address)
Merchant Contact Information
Committee to Elect Glen Bradley
treasurer@glenbradley.net
919-272-7168

Total: $20.00 USD

Aratus
08-03-2010, 01:54 PM
$155 more dollars to go! ^ thanks LLS!

barth
08-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Wish I could do more than a bump and donate but I'm not american...

malkusm
08-03-2010, 02:16 PM
We have a little less than 8 hours to get Glen another $155 to meet devil21's generous challenge!

>>> http://glenbradley.net/node/17 <<<

RM918
08-03-2010, 02:21 PM
$25 bucks down the pipe. It hurts, but it's worth it. Good luck!

malkusm
08-03-2010, 02:40 PM
$25 bucks down the pipe. It hurts, but it's worth it. Good luck!

Thanks!!

$130 to go. Who's next?! :)

devil21
08-03-2010, 02:41 PM
bump Only $130 more till Im $300 poorer?

Dark Aerow
08-03-2010, 02:43 PM
If you don't hit that $1000 goal by Thursday (payday) then I'll have $10.00 for you...hell if you do get that $1000 by Thursday I'll have $10 for you. :)

chudrockz
08-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Aug 3, 2010 13:39:50 PDT
Transaction ID: 2Y5948735R350800S

Hello (me),

You sent a payment of $25.00 USD to Committee to Elect Glen Bradley (treasurer@glenbradley.net)

chudrockz
08-03-2010, 02:45 PM
And BUMP for me not even asking the wife if the donation was okay! (I'm sure it will be, as I happily just let my NRA membership lapse, haha.)

Vessol
08-03-2010, 04:29 PM
-Bump-

Bergie Bergeron
08-03-2010, 04:48 PM
big bump !

chudrockz
08-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Kraft Easy Mac for supper bump! (Yeah really livin' it up tonight!)

jacque
08-03-2010, 04:59 PM
OK! We need $105 as of now!

GunnyFreedom
08-03-2010, 05:07 PM
wow, 2 days early, that's just....amazing! Thanks everyone, and especially devil21 for the challenge! I am truly humbled...

chudrockz
08-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Super glad to see it made. Now watch MY challenge if I can get you to say the ak platform is better than the ar! ;)

Paulitical Correctness
08-03-2010, 05:16 PM
+35

jake
08-03-2010, 05:18 PM
getting close folks

jacque
08-03-2010, 05:20 PM
We need $60 more to reach $700 mark. Can we do it?

Thanks for your help in the fight for Liberty!
Freedom Mom

MontanaRose
08-03-2010, 05:25 PM
I am in for $20.00 wish it was more

MontanaRose
08-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Glen Only needs $40.00 to get this done lets help him get what he needs.

jacque
08-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Glen just got $20 in cash. All we need is $40 more. I would give again but I just kicked in $100 for the Live Free or Die Fundraiser and bought $100 door hanger bags. I am strapped until next payday!

Freedom Mom

chudrockz
08-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Wish I could see when the goal was in fact broached! But BUMP!

jacque
08-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Wish I could see when the goal was in fact broached! But BUMP!

Do you want a printout from paypal? It will not show the $20 in cash but I can try to get the info on the forum.

GunnyFreedom
08-03-2010, 05:49 PM
y'all rock! Need to run to the grocery store before they close -- need puppy food. be back in a jiffy. Y'all inspire me! Truly you do.

devil21
08-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Only $40 left! Come on!

(jacque- btw, your sig quote was Einstein's iirc)

chudrockz
08-03-2010, 05:54 PM
y'all rock! Need to run to the grocery store before they close -- need puppy food. be back in a jiffy. Y'all inspire me! Truly you do.

Aw, puppy food! Awsome.

On a sad note, my wife's cousin's Saint Bernard Loui passed away a short while ago. He was a sweet dog.

Bump!

KCIndy
08-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Only $40 left! Come on!

Bumpity bump!!

Let's see if we can put Gunny over the top before he gets back from the store!!

TheDriver
08-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Bumpity bump!!

Let's see if we can put Gunny over the top before he gets back from the store!!

Where's the donation link?

devil21
08-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Where's the donation link?

http://glenbradley.net/

chudrockz
08-03-2010, 06:07 PM
I clicked on the pretty banner in the first post in the thread and it took me through Paypal. It was pretty easy and believe me if *I* can figure it out, anyone can! :)

TheDriver
08-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Done.

40 bucks donated. :cool:

chudrockz
08-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Flippin' SWEET!

devil21
08-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Aug 3, 2010 17:13:36 PDT
Receipt No: 3548-58XX-9098-XXXX

Hello devil21,

Donation for: Committee to Elect Glen Bradley for NC House 49
Donor: devil21, Charlotte, NC
$300.00 USD

Go get your poll done Glen!

Bergie Bergeron
08-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Looks like the devil is just as good as the other guy :D

jacque
08-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Only $40 left! Come on!

(jacque- btw, your sig quote was Einstein's iirc)

I was sure it was Ben Franklin. Thanks. I will have to change that!

chudrockz
08-03-2010, 06:20 PM
I concur! And since I don't know how to do fancy stuff on the net:

YouTube - Jambalaya‧The Carpenters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUK7MkqWFGE)

jacque
08-03-2010, 06:20 PM
You guys give Gunny the boost he needs. Keep him hopping and we will surely surpass his opponent!

chudrockz
08-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Holy @(!$#* that was fancier than I expected!!

GunnyFreedom
08-03-2010, 06:56 PM
HUZZAH!!!! I never actually envisioned having a PPP Poll taken, this is outstanding!

I'da been in sooner, but when I got home I had to chase a copperhead. I have both a cat and a dog that like to frolic outside, and we can't have copperheads roaming around.

Well, Wednesday we're calling PPP and getting the poll set up, thanks to you guys. Tonight I'm writing some phonebanking scripts for the iCaucus people.

Southron
08-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Congrats

chudrockz
08-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Terrific! Congrats!

I can't imagine having those bad-news snakes around. The worst we ever have to deal with here in southern Minnesota is wolf spiders! :)

jacque
08-03-2010, 07:10 PM
I'da been in sooner, but when I got home I had to chase a copperhead. I have both a cat and a dog that like to frolic outside, and we can't have copperheads roaming around.

They are really bad here this year. Got to be very careful in the woods.

Imperial
08-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Just to make sure, you did talk to PPP about this already I assume? I know they are a Democratic pollster, and I have never heard of them doing private polling for a Republican. But maybe they would in North Carolina.

MozoVote
08-03-2010, 07:22 PM
I have pretty much given up the idea of having enough money to run a direct mail campaign.

There are many direct marketing companies that can do mail blasts much cheaper than you can, with sorted mail and high speed printers. Postcards are also cheap (and double / triple fold postcards cost about the same as a single).

If you manage to raise a few thousand more somewhere, I don't think you should give up on the idea.

GunnyFreedom
08-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Just to make sure, you did talk to PPP about this already I assume? I know they are a Democratic pollster, and I have never heard of them doing private polling for a Republican. But maybe they would in North Carolina.

Oh yes, we have spoken to PPP and they absolutely will do it. I think they are as curious about what a Constitutionalist can do as we are, and this just gives them a good excuse. :D

And they do know that I am not your ordinary "Republican" so that might help too.

chudrockz
08-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Just to toss a little nugget out there, I work for a printing company here in southern Minnesota. Though our specialty is graduation-related products, there always exists a possibility for outside-related projects.

If you care to check "my" company out (I'm just a lowly stock cutter)

www.nrpgrad.com

MozoVote
08-03-2010, 07:30 PM
One other thing about mail. The Republican Party is a "non profit organization" (*cough*) and can mail pieces even cheaper than a direct marketer. You may want to work out some earmarked donations to the GOP for use in your campaign for postage, if you do mailings. Especially if locals will help stuff envelopes.

PBrady
08-03-2010, 07:33 PM
I've been off the boards for a few days, so I missed this, but this is great news. I kept putting off donating more since my direct deposit wasn't working at work, but I am all set now. Since you've reached your goal already (and I'm still strapped for cash), I'll throw in enough to get that t-shirt I've been meaning to get.

I'll also try to make it up to your district for a canvass at least once or twice before the election. We'll see what my schedule is like after school starts back again full time.

devil21
08-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Glen,
I don't know what you're planning to do with the poll results, good or bad, but if you decide to keep it close to the vest Im sure those that donated toward it would like to know the results privately. /hint

The rest of yall please don't stop donating just bc of me. I know Glen can use any additional donations on other materials. This is but a small battle in a much larger war!

GunnyFreedom
08-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Glen,
I don't know what you're planning to do with the poll results, good or bad, but if you decide to keep it close to the vest Im sure those that donated toward it would like to know the results privately. /hint

Aye, that's exactly what I was planning on doing -- sharing just the top-gloss with the forums at large, and the entire dataset with those who helped make it happen. :)

The rest of yall please don't stop donating just bc of me. I know Glen can use any additional donations on other materials. This is but a small battle in a much larger war!

Thankee sai, and thanks for your big help on this. Indeed yes, I believe we have enough to run about half the slimjims we need, and we need another round of yardsigns.

I ended up with 2 years worth of bumper stickers, so that expense will not hit me during the reelection campaign :D

GunnyFreedom
08-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen! I have to go turn in early tonight since I have lots to do tomorrow between arranging up the poll and setting up the phonebank for iCaucus, getting the slimjims sent to the printers, and printing and cutting some more materials for litdrops and canvassing. Huzzah for Justin Amash! Now let's get our people into the State Houses so we can apply the pressure that will let our allies in Congress work their reforms!

Vessol
08-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Good luck Glenn.

jfriedman
08-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Bump!

Paulitical Correctness
08-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Bump. Keep donating. We raised 1/6th of Glen's total funds in a day. Seems ridiculous.

Aratus
08-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Gunny! this is a REPUBLICAN year!expect ALL races to finish 5% to 10% to 15% above what the GOP normally would have!

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2010, 01:53 PM
latest news -- spoke to PPP and the poll is a go. They said they could have the poll conducted over this coming weekend, but I opted for next weekend as I would like a little more canvassing to hit the bricks first. So the PPP poll of my district will take place August 14-15 AND it will include my issues test, so I can gauge how much of a bump I will get from being a Constitutionalist vs an establishment Republican. AND it will be crostabbed by voter precinct. :D

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Just got the actual script that will be used in the poll:

redacted by OP

I am thrilled to death that my issues test was included. We're probably going to go ahead and run it this coming weekend so that the contrast on the issues test will give us more of an indication as to how the "Constitutionalist" message will impact the race in this district.

erowe1
08-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Are you sure you want to give away the wording of the poll? Maybe it would be better to keep your cards close to your chest until you get back the results and decide how you want to use them.

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Are you sure you want to give away the wording of the poll? Maybe it would be better to keep your cards close to your chest until you get back the results and decide how you want to use them.

OK, I redacted the actual text. Not sure how much of an impact the wording would have, but I recognize that I certainly am not the authority of electoral knowledge that I'd like to be as a candidate for public office.

Still, I'm rather excited. :D

erowe1
08-04-2010, 03:17 PM
OK, I redacted the actual text. Not sure how much of an impact the wording would have, but I recognize that I certainly am not the authority of electoral knowledge that I'd like to be as a candidate for public office.

Still, I'm rather excited. :D

Yeah, I'm not sure either. I just know that a campaign's inside information can be valuable, and in this case, since the poll hasn't been conducted and analyzed yet, nobody knows what the exact value of this information is (except that you used some serious campaign funds on it and want to get the most bang for your buck). So a poker face may be in order until you've decided how much to give away about what information you have. Ultimately, when you do reveal any data publicly, you want to have as much control as possible. It's at least possible that you will end up deciding to be rather selective about which parts of the poll results you want to publicize and it's at least possible that you may not want people to know what other information you have that you're not publicizing.

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2010, 03:23 PM
makes sense. In any case, I am insanely excited to actually see where the district is positioned and how much of an impact the issues test has.

malkusm
08-04-2010, 03:38 PM
:) Go Gunny!

PBrady
08-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Had to bump for the new shirt! That was a crazy fast delivery.

http://i33.tinypic.com/fbx5k0.jpg

EDIT: Also, Glen, are you by chance going to the Dixie Gun and Knife show in Raleigh this weekend? Not sure how many people from your area will be there, but it usually draws several thousand.

Southron
08-05-2010, 06:59 PM
That's great! I was going to do a similar pic with my 1911 holstered at my side. Maybe when I get home next Friday.

GunnyFreedom
08-06-2010, 12:11 AM
I should have the poll results on Monday.

I. Am. Nervous. :o

This is too weird, a popularity poll about....me.

GunnyFreedom
08-09-2010, 11:12 AM
I...... got the poll results. It wasn't what I expected.

Q1
TThe candidates for State Representative in your district are Republican Glen Bradley and Democrat John May. If the election was today, who would you vote for?

Glen Bradley......43%
John May.....35%
Undecided.....22%

Now let me tell you a little more about the candidates in your district. Glen Bradley is a Constitutionalist with a history of fighting against his own Republican Party on policies that violate the Constitution, and John May is a former Franklin County School Board member and a current NC State House appointee who has won the strong favor of his district's Democratic Party. Based on this information, who would you vote for?

Glen Bradley.....42%
John May.......47%
Undecided......11%

I haven't figured out how to react to that one....

erowe1
08-09-2010, 11:20 AM

Very interesting. I don't know how to interpret polls. But in light of the results, one thing I notice is that your 2nd question may include language, such as "fight" that paints a picture of you that the responders subconsciously (or consciously) react to negatively.

Southron
08-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Hmm. Jmo, but it looks like the Republicans are viewed favorably but "fighting" them is viewed unfavorably.

GunnyFreedom
08-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Very interesting. I don't know how to interpret polls. But in light of the results, one thing I notice is that your 2nd question may include language, such as "fight" that paints a picture of you that the responders subconsciously (or consciously) react to negatively.

That's how I take it yes. Results on the canvass from being a Constitutionalist are great, likewise the fact I am not a politician. The couple times I mentioned I have gone against the GOP where they violate the Constitution, the canvass was mixed. Taken with the poll results, I now know I must avoid mentioning that I go against the GOP with a 10 foot poll, and I should be golden.

CoreyBowen999
08-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Still very good poll numbers Glen!

GunnyFreedom
08-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Hmm. Jmo, but it looks like the Republicans are viewed favorably but "fighting" them is viewed unfavorably.

Yes, and it's specifically the undecideds that I lose with that.

GunnyFreedom
08-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Still very good poll numbers Glen!

Thanks! Seriously, I did NOT expect to come out ahead on the generic. Turns out this poll was pretty valuable after all. Go with Constitutionalist, go with not a politician, and don't go anywhere NEAR "going/fighting against the GOP." I wouldn't have known that without this poll.

TheDriver
08-09-2010, 11:34 AM
I'd scale back the constitutional rhetoric and end the fighting against party rhetoric and focus on fighting out of control spending, cutting taxes, career politicians out of control ....... and talk about what really creates jobs -- which isn't government!

TheDriver
08-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Oh!

Congrads!

Great news! :D

klamath
08-09-2010, 11:37 AM

Glen, that is damned good for a nameless goon! The second questions change is obvious. The voters heard "fighting against republicans". Not a good thing in this election. There is always a a large percentage that rally around the party no matter what. Those are the ones you lost. A lot took fighting agains Republicans as a moderate stand like linsey Graham.

klamath
08-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Another thought. In the general election the fighting against the republicans could be an advantage but not in the primary where you are only campaigning for republican votes.

GunnyFreedom
08-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Another thought. In the general election the fighting against the republicans could be an advantage but not in the primary where you are only campaigning for republican votes.

Well, the Primary is long gone, and this poll is for the General. This confirms something I suspected for a while -- a LOT of the Democrats in this area, and nearly ALL of the unaffiliateds are really Republicans, who just don't want to reward the GOP when they pick an establishment politician to run.

GunnyFreedom
08-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Glen, that is damned good for a nameless goon! The second questions change is obvious. The voters heard "fighting against republicans". Not a good thing in this election. There is always a a large percentage that rally around the party no matter what. Those are the ones you lost. A lot took fighting agains Republicans as a moderate stand like linsey Graham.

LMAO! love it! :D

Todd
08-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks! Seriously, I did NOT expect to come out ahead on the generic. Turns out this poll was pretty valuable after all. Go with Constitutionalist, go with not a politician, and don't go anywhere NEAR "going/fighting against the GOP." I wouldn't have known that without this poll.

Wish more understood that fact.....especially when a liberty candidate runs under the GOP banner and how it hurts the effort to win.

klamath
08-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Well, the Primary is long gone, and this poll is for the General. This confirms something I suspected for a while -- a LOT of the Democrats in this area, and nearly ALL of the unaffiliateds are really Republicans, who just don't want to reward the GOP when they pick an establishment politician to run.

How the hell did I miss that you had won the primary! I must have been gone about that time. Besides blowing my theory for the general this is even better news. This is fantastic.

GunnyFreedom
08-09-2010, 12:20 PM
How the hell did I miss that you had won the primary! I must have been gone about that time. Besides blowing my theory for the general this is even better news. This is fantastic.

Well, especially since I started in 2007 and ended up getting myself elected 1st Vice Chair of Franklin County GOP, and made lots and lots of friends therein, the NC GOP actually took special pains to leave me with an uncontested primary. :D

It turns out that following the Ron Paul plan works spectacularly. :D

GunnyFreedom
08-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Wish more understood that fact.....especially when a liberty candidate runs under the GOP banner and how it hurts the effort to win.

What really threw me off was that it hurt me MORE amongst unaffiliateds and Democrats than it did amongst Republicans....

devil21
08-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Very good results Glen! I agree that painting yourself as going against the GOP is not a good method right now and definitely avoid negative suggestive words about the GOP or the race overall (eta: except in context related to your Constitutionalist agenda...don't single out either party. Group the "corrupt politicians that don't follow the law" together). I notice in your 2nd question that there was no mention of your military service. This by itself probably hurt your results! Calling yourself a Constituonalist and Marine veteran will beat the school board sitting other guy every time.

Best to keep poll results close to the vest from now on, UNLESS you would like to leak them to your local media to show that you are WINNING! Draw up a press release and fax it over to the news media outlets that are covering your area. Also you can use the same method most of the big campaigns do by signing up with PRNewswire and getting Yahoo and the AP to distribute them across the net. Here's the link, though Im not familiar with the exact process.
http://www.prnewswire.com/products-services/distribution/usmedia/public-interest-newslines-2.html

Vessol
08-09-2010, 02:34 PM

Agreed with what others have said. I also think it has to do something with the wording.

"Fighting against" is often a strong word to use, and unless it is a huge issue that the vast majority of voters will side with "fighting against drugs/terrorism/etc" it is risky to use it as it may alienate voters. The other candidate on the other hand, his description is rather bland and does not stand out, which provides a counter for your more aggressive description.

Definitely should've had you listed as a former Marine, but ah well.

Excellent poll numbers none the less!

PBrady
08-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Glen, I'm sorry I couldn't make it this weekend to help canvass, but I PROMISE I will sometime in the near future. I'll be getting settled in to school shortly, my summer job will be ending, and then I should have some spare time.

Also, have you checked out door hangers to see how much they are? Since you now know which buttons you want to push, a flood of door hangers around the district might be helpful. With 3 people in one car, you can hit several hundred houses in a couple of hours.

devil21
08-09-2010, 02:57 PM
That's how I take it yes. Results on the canvass from being a Constitutionalist are great, likewise the fact I am not a politician. The couple times I mentioned I have gone against the GOP where they violate the Constitution, the canvass was mixed. Taken with the poll results, I now know I must avoid mentioning that I go against the GOP with a 10 foot poll, and I should be golden.

A little more vagueness like "corrupt politicians that don't follow the law" would work much better. That way the voter can apply whatever standard they want to what you're saying. A die-hard Republican (sheep) can think you mean those pesky Democrats and vice versa, eventhough you mean BOTH corrupt sides of the aisle. You're still being truthful about what you intend to do so your integrity is still intact.

Looks like you may well win this election Glen. Keep doing what you're doing!

Jordan
08-09-2010, 03:02 PM
This is absolutely fantastic, Glen!

With the polls in Glen's favor and Amash's successful transition from state house to the US Congress, everyone on this board should be supporting his campaign!

First its Glen Bradley for state house, then for US House. Let's do it!

Paulitical Correctness
08-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Bump4namelessgoon. Glen can win. :)

KCIndy
08-17-2010, 07:47 AM
with the polls in glen's favor and amash's successful transition from state house to the us congress, everyone on this board should be supporting his campaign!

+1776!!

jacque
08-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Bump4namelessgoon. Glen can win. :)

Go Gunny

Freedom Mom

tekkierich
08-17-2010, 11:16 AM
it's weird, I went to update the donation thermometer to the current total, and I could not access the website, No machine on this LAN can connect to the website, but it appears that everyone else can still connect

I know I am about 2 weeks late on this, but this is a problem with NAT. You will not be able to access services hosted on the same public IP that you clients are exiting though. You will need to point your internal clients to the internal IP address of the server(s) in question.
See the topic in context of OpenBSD's firewalling system PF http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/rdr.html

Secondly, I understand your frustration over taking the more notorious races in your election cycle. I felt the same way in 2008 with my congressional run.

KCIndy
08-17-2010, 12:46 PM
I know I am about 2 weeks late on this, but this is a problem with NAT. You will not be able to access services hosted on the same public IP that you clients are exiting though. You will need to point your internal clients to the internal IP address of the server(s) in question.
See the topic in context of OpenBSD's firewalling system PF http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/rdr.html

Secondly, I understand your frustration over taking the more notorious races in your election cycle. I felt the same way in 2008 with my congressional run.

Bump for all the technojargon I don't understand! :D

jacque
08-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Sent out press releases today to 5 newspapers. I will do a follow up on Thursday, as suggested, to make sure the paper received them.

My goal now is to take off every Thursday and Friday afternoon until the election. We will need some bodies at all the early voting sites. Just under 2 months till that starts.

Cowlesy
08-19-2010, 10:32 AM
//