PDA

View Full Version : Just like Star Wars

Mattsa
06-08-2007, 06:16 AM
Our current situation is just like the Rebel Alliance against the Imperial Empire in Star Wars!

You could make an excellent parody of the political situation. Bush is the Darth Vader character. Ron paul is Luke Skywalker. Rachel (YouTube uberbabe) would be perfect for Princess Leia!

lucky
06-08-2007, 06:18 AM
Who would be Chewbaccs? Why look my way?

theknightshift
06-08-2007, 07:02 AM
If Bush is Darth Vader... then who is Emperor Palpatine? :p

RonPaul4President
06-08-2007, 07:04 AM
Re: Star Wars:
I said the exact same thing to my wife 2 days ago!

Buggan
06-08-2007, 07:07 AM
If Bush is Darth Vader... then who is Emperor Palpatine? :p
Dick Cheney of course!

theknightshift
06-08-2007, 07:10 AM
Dick Cheney of course!Dare I say who would be the Jabba the Hutt in this lil' exercise of analogy? :D

IRO-bot
06-08-2007, 07:15 AM
Dare I say who would be the Jabba the Hutt in this lil' exercise of analogy? :D

MSM and the corporate Elite.

RonPaul4President
06-08-2007, 07:16 AM
I wanna be yoda! :^)

Kuldebar
06-08-2007, 07:19 AM
A recent History Channel program covered some of the philosophy about the epic saga. I didn't get to see the program but caught this comment on it from Lewrockwell.com:

May 30, 2007
The 'History' Channel
Posted by Lew Rockwell at May 30, 2007 04:30 PM

Writes Bryan Stewart: "Watching the awful 'History Channel' last night...they did a piece on Star Wars, and had all sorts of empty-headed intellectuals discussing Lucas' portrayal of the old republic transforming itself into the empire...they showed how Chancellor Palpatine, democratically elected, morphed into the Emperor basically through emergency war powers granted to him...of course the comparison was made to Hitler....the not-so-subtle History Channel then began talking about and showing images of not only the murderous Nazis, but of (surprise, surprise!) Saddam Hussein as well...in discussing brutal dictatorships, these were the only two chosen, no Stalin, no Mao....dovetailing nicely to the next segment, which they interviewed (gasp!) Newt Gingrich, with the implication that the present-day USA was analogous to the rebels in Star Wars (freedom fighters), and the empire in Star Wars analogous to Iraq, Iran, 'terrorists', etc....shame on the History Channel for this!"

Typical MSM slant, missing the blatantly obvious it seems to me.

P.S. comparisons only go so far, I don't want Paul to end up like Obi Wan.

theknightshift
06-08-2007, 07:26 AM
I don't want Paul to end up like Obi Wan.

Maybe Paul is... Artoo-Detoo?

C'mon, Artoo was the one true hero of that entire series! :D Look at how many times he saved EVERYONE from certain defeat!

Revolution9
06-08-2007, 07:36 AM
Dare I say who would be the Jabba the Hutt in this lil' exercise of analogy? :D
http://www.neatorama.com/images/2006-05/lee-raymond.jpg

This guy is the ticket. A wallowing gasbag of bad intent with the burbling and chortling of misdeeds running through the organic swelter of his putrifying corpulence like e coli in a outhouse pit.

Best
Randy

AgentSmith
06-08-2007, 07:45 AM
Use the Constitution Luke!

wwycher
06-08-2007, 07:55 AM
http://www.neatorama.com/images/2006-05/lee-raymond.jpg

This guy is the ticket. A wallowing gasbag of bad intent with the burbling and chortling of misdeeds running through the organic swelter of his putrifying corpulence like e coli in a outhouse pit.

Best
Randy

That's a whopper. hahahahaha
Somebody has to do this.