PDA

View Full Version : DeMint and Senate Conservatives Fund Endorse Dino Rossi in Washington

RonPaulFanInGA
08-02-2010, 09:07 AM
http://senateconservatives.com/site/post/295/scf-endorses-dino-rossi

specsaregood
08-02-2010, 09:15 AM
So another instance where Demint goes up against the liberty candidate.

Oh, its way more sinister than that. Dino was specifically brought into the race because the establishment jackoffs were freaked out that Clint was WAY in the lead among the actual party members... So of course they brought in this 'moderate' corporatist and every 6 or 7 figure Republican corporate drone in Washington state cut him a check...

Right after a couple of candidates (who are friends of Rossi) dropped out of the race and started a public attack campaign against Didier.

Seriously, its an actual verifiable conspiracy.

ChaosControl
08-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Sigh...

I think demint will only endorse the liberty candidate if the liberty candidate is already winning.

bronc_fan23
08-02-2010, 11:43 AM
It's going to be hard for Didier to have a chance to win. Rossi has huge name recognition in WA due to his last two runs for governor. I voted for Didier in the primary and so did a couple of my friends.

teamrican1
08-02-2010, 12:12 PM
It's going to be hard for Didier to have a chance to win. Rossi has huge name recognition in WA due to his last two runs for governor. I voted for Didier in the primary and so did a couple of my friends.

Yeah, the mail thing hurts because Didier didn't really start gaining momentum till a lot of people had already probably sent in their ballots. But he's definitely raised his profile a ton, and I bet most Republicans wish he was the one they voted for now. So maybe he can use this as a springboard to run for Maria Cantwell's seat in 2012. A Presidential year where anger against Obama is at a fever pitch among Republicans would dovetail with his no-compromise positions even better than this year.

JK/SEA
08-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Clints not going anywhere. He told everyone at a fund raiser that he's 'all in'...if he loses this time, he WILL be back.

Ekrub
08-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Obviously Didier wasn't going to win vs. Rossi. Not with the way our stupid stupid stupid system works here in Washington. (Did I mention how stupid our elections are here in WA?)

We'll see if the democrats can steal another one from Rossi though :) Wouldn't surprise me if Murray calls up Gregoire :rolleyes:

JK/SEA
08-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Clint has a big grassroots behind him. We shouldn't count him out just yet. I just got my ballot a few days ago. 4 votes for Clint from my family.

nate895
08-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I'm not counting Clint out just yet. Every regular Republican voter I know is voting for Didier over Rossi. I expect him to at least make a very strong showing compared to his polling numbers. He is also just as competitive with Murray as Rossi is.

surf
08-02-2010, 01:18 PM
i've been rangling as many votes as i can for Didier. i met him the other day and talked to him a couple times. my younger friends have been hearing that he's the only anti-war and anti-drug-war (i hope) on the ballot - and i hope they don't have to learn what libertarians already know - the best guy by miles doesn't alwasy win.

he is trying to run a campaign against the machine and touts his Palin endorsement in his robo call but not the RP endorsement. when i mentioned that i was a big RP guy and that endorsement meant the world to me he mentioned Palin. for some reason it feels like this election snuck up on us and it took a bit too long for Didier to identify himself as the liberty candidate. oh well, my fingers are crossed.

i got to hold his SB ring and find out who he thought was the toughest "hog."

JK/SEA
08-02-2010, 02:02 PM
I think he knows he has the Ron Paul faction in his pocket, and is going after the NEOCON fence sitters by touting Palin...yep..will see. Cross all your fingers. Its hang on time.

malkusm
08-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Go Didier! Get a win for Team Liberty! :D

A Didier win would be huge, because we'd then have a chance at 3 Senate seats in November (Rand Paul in Kentucky; Mike Lee in Utah; Didier in Washington)

Kregisen
08-02-2010, 02:19 PM
What have the polls said about Rossi and Didier?

nate895
08-02-2010, 02:22 PM
What have the polls said about Rossi and Didier?

There was only one, about a month ago, and it put Rossi ahead 33-5, but I don't trust that poll. Didier had to have been at around 10-15 at the time, and Rossi has been having snafus in his campaign over the past month.