PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Jacobs (aka Kane from WWE fame) should endorse Schiff!

Sentient Void
08-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Obviously we all know that Glenn Jacobs / Kane is a libertarian (and a fairly well-spoken and informed one at that), but the big thing to note here is that McMahon was Kane's boss!!! ;-)

Might make things interesting for people to see Schiff to talking to Kane and Kane endorsing Schiff against his old boss ;-D

barth
08-02-2010, 06:31 AM
Great idea, but Kane is still employed by the WWE. So it might not be very positive for him.
But it's worth trying i think.

Bergie Bergeron
08-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Kane is the WWE champion. He'd get fired. Jesse Ventura though...

G-Wohl
08-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Jesse Ventura though...

Ventura is an irrelevant, apolitical figure. There isn't much to gain from a Jesse Ventura endorsement.

Bergie Bergeron
08-02-2010, 12:11 PM
It will make some waves because it's wrestling related.

Matt Collins
08-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Send him an e-mail and ask him yourself:
http://www.adventuresofcitizenx.com/

teamrican1
08-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Ventura is an irrelevant, apolitical figure. There isn't much to gain from a Jesse Ventura endorsement.

And there is something to gain from a Kane endorsement? Isn't Linda's connection to the bizarro world of wrestling one of the major points against her among Connecticut GOP voters? So why would we want to neutralize that by associating Peter with the same thing?

libertarian4321
08-02-2010, 06:10 PM
And there is something to gain from a Kane endorsement? Isn't Linda's connection to the bizarro world of wrestling one of the major points against her among Connecticut GOP voters? So why would we want to neutralize that by associating Peter with the same thing?

I doubt that he'd make the endorsement because it would be career suicide, but anything that gets a candidate with 34% name recognition noticed would help, even an endorsement from a minor celebrity.

BTW, I think the most Republican voters in CT realize that wrestling is just as legitimate a business as any other in the entertainment field. I don't think most of them are going to hold it against any candidate (other than the extreme social conservatives like the PTC who hate wrestling and any other television program that is more edgy than "Father Knows Best").

G-Wohl
08-02-2010, 06:31 PM

This is Connecticut, not Kansas. The content of the WWE programming has been of little significance to a single person I've talked to while phone banking. While canvassing I've never met a person who disliked Linda McMahon due to her company. After all, the WWE does produce quite a few jobs for the state, and CT residents are not among the first to be offended by television programming that pushes the Judeo-Christian boundaries.

Absolutely, there is pretty much nothing to gain from a "Kane" endorsement. Wasting any time on it would be counterproductive at this point.

We need the campaign focusing on why the fuck there isn't a single newspaper article, to my knowledge, that reports on Forbes' endorsement - and trying to wrap up fundraising/endorsement sources from other similar powerful figures. The grassroots should continue phone banking - it's really working. No, getting endorsements from wrestling figures is not necessarily harmful qua the chances of winning the nomination, but it is too little too late.

Golding
08-02-2010, 06:55 PM
This amounts to a pipe dream. If Jacobs were retired, I could maybe see it. He doesn't work for Linda McMahon anymore, but he still works for Vince McMahon. Realistically, Jacobs never worked for Linda McMahon, since she was just a figurehead that Vince transferred the company over to in the 1980's because he was worried he was going to do jail time for the WWF's steroid scandals. Jacobs has to be making decent bank right now as WWE champion, in a time where WWE pretty much monopolizes the line of work he's in. It would be foolish of him to politically scorn his boss' wife.