PDA

View Full Version : Idea on how to improve money bombs

Legend1104
08-01-2010, 09:40 PM
I got to thinking about money bombs. They are very inefficient and hard to organize. A lot of effort is lost and many that would support fail to learn enough, and many good candidates cannot get the money they need.

What if we could develop some type of financial donation support group that could help true liberty candidates. Here is my idea.

Each week, every 2 weeks, or every month the website would have an online debate about a certain liberty candidate. Then at the end of the week they would vote for the one to support. The one that received the most votes would get donations from the group. Each candidate would be required to meet a set of criteria developed and agreed by the group so that only true liberty candidates could get the support. After a candidate received the support, they would not be elidgible for a given amount of time. The minimum amount required would be low (say $10 dollars) but group members could give as much as they wanted. The group would all have direct email links to inform members of upcoming donation times. Imagine if the group could get about 5-10,000 members (not really that hard of a goal considering that there are over 300,000 Ron Paul mail list members. If each gave $10 dollars that would be $50,000 or 100,000 dollars respectively. Most candidates (not the schiff or Rand) types would greatly benefit from a 100,000 dollar injection. The greatest problem I see to the liberty movement for elections is not a lack of candidates, but lack of funding.

what do yall think?

Vessol
08-01-2010, 09:51 PM
My biggest issue is that there are too many moneybombs too often. :\

libertybrewcity
08-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Interesting idea. The problem seems to be unless it is a moneybomb for a big name candidate like Rand, there is no way to get anywhere near 50-100k. Rj was having trouble raising two thousand dollars. Schiff has been able to raise barely 100k in his moneybombs. There are two many candidates.

And personally, I feel like my money was wasted with Rj Harris and Adam Kokesh. I am very reluctant to donate to another candidate again unless I have some sort of proof that they have a chance in hell.

I like your idea about voting for a candidate to have a moneybomb for. Just some thoughts though, supporters that want one candidate and don't win may have hard feelings against the other candidate and not donate or help. And two, every week is a bit much.

Rand has had how many money bombs? 4? 5, maybe? People are simply tapped out. If they are tapped out for Rand they are likely tapped out or not willing to donate to lesser known candidates.

Lastly, I think helping out statehouse candidates should be a priority. How many losses have congressional candidates have there been, and how many losses? Way too many. If we could get even 1-5k dollars to statehouse or state senate candidates, we could potentially take our states back.

Just a thought on the statehouse and senate idea. Imagine if we funded an entire state worth of candidates in one single state, say New Hampshire. We could take back an entire state! i thought it would be a decent idea and probably get us closer to a 'free' zone than just going at it regularly.

Anti Federalist
08-01-2010, 10:09 PM

That^^^

They are becoming money "cluster bombs".

Vessol
08-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Just a thought on the statehouse and senate idea. Imagine if we funded an entire state worth of candidates in one single state, say New Hampshire. We could take back an entire state! i thought it would be a decent idea and probably get us closer to a 'free' zone than just going at it regularly.

I like this idea, an extension of the Free State idea.

Legend1104
08-01-2010, 10:30 PM
All true points. The thrust of my idea is to get more people to start donating and to make it more organized. Maybe if the group only supported 1-2 candidates per month. If you could enlist between 5-10000 people, then they would only have to give 20 bucks a month (10 per candidate). That would help drive down personal costs and would ensure more success.

lx43
08-01-2010, 10:35 PM

I agree.

Legend1104
08-02-2010, 07:34 AM
I think this might help reduce money bombs because candidates would get a one time injection. Plus this would help so that most people would not have to give so much all the time and feel like it was for nothing.