PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or.....

BamaFanNKy
08-01-2010, 09:10 PM
does it seem the media is quite about these poll results?

sailingaway
08-01-2010, 09:21 PM
does it seem the media is quite about these poll results?

Dead quiet. Mind you they were released at 10 pm on Saturday night.... but we'll see if they are picked up in the Monday morning cycle.

And Magellen Strategies should be out tomorrow, or soon, as well.

libertybrewcity
08-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Dead quiet. Mind you they were released at 10 pm on Saturday night.... but we'll see if they are picked up in the Monday morning cycle.

And Magellen Strategies should be out tomorrow, or soon, as well.

this.

Nathan Hale
08-01-2010, 09:59 PM
I just love how it shuts down Conway's internal numbers.

Imperial
08-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Magellan is a fairly Republican pollster if my memory serves me right. However, the Susa polls were dead-on in the primary, and I am willing to bet they are dead-on now.

sailingaway
08-02-2010, 01:21 AM
Magellan is a fairly Republican pollster if my memory serves me right. However, the Susa polls were dead-on in the primary, and I am willing to bet they are dead-on now.

Actually, Magellen was by far closest in the primaries, at least at the end.

specsaregood
08-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Actually, Magellen was by far closest in the primaries, at least at the end.

Yes they were. But I still have my doubts about them. I got a interesting push poll by them a couple months ago regarding my local mayoral race. Clearly they do have the ability to be accurate, but I don't know about their ethics....

sailingaway
08-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Yes they were. But I still have my doubts about them. I got a interesting push poll by them a couple months ago regarding my local mayoral race. Clearly they do have the ability to be accurate, but I don't know about their ethics....

Yeah, I have heard they might have done a leading poll one other place. Maybe they give clients who pay for their polls some leeway in designing them, but explain the pitfalls to accuracy. (I would hope they would expalin, to be professional.) I hadn't heard about any problem with their ethics, though. I don't think this is a push poll, though, but one of the ones they get do for media recognition, and I think they do those to be accurate and build their reputation. B&P wrote they were doing one, and the questions, and if it were remotely a push poll I am CERTAIN they would have said so.

BamaFanNKy
08-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Doubt it was a push poll since media paid for it.