PDA

View Full Version : Yard Signs being Stolen... WTH?

Michigan11
08-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Justin Amash Supporters report that yard signs are being stolen from their lawns. Keep an eye out for the thieves, and record license plate numbers if possible . . .

Cement them to the ground and wire live electricity to each sign.

Nathan Hale
08-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Grease them. Quick and dirty - that is, quick for you (buy a can of spray grease from your local hardware store) and dirty for them.

Cowlesy
08-01-2010, 08:31 PM
we've had threads about him to make sure your signs don't get stolen -- don't know where they went.

Dark Aerow
08-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Yea, the sign stealing is rampant. When I was out today I noticed that several Amash signs on street corners and random locations that were their yesterday are now gone, most of them replaced with hardiman signs.

I got my signs on friday and cemented them into the ground and attached the sign securely to the posts with some sort of rubber cement and clear tape at the bottom...those signs aren't going anywhere now.

my area is now saturated with Hardiman signs with VERY FEW Amash signs now.

I'm unbelievably pissed about this. I never expected adults to act so damn childish.

Michigan11
08-01-2010, 09:35 PM
put a deer camera on em... motion activated yell first before... ya know

Dark Aerow
08-01-2010, 09:44 PM
thats a good Idea, my brother has a few deer cameras I should see if he has them to spare.

Nathan Hale
08-01-2010, 09:58 PM
And don't forget to continue saturating your neighborhood. The more signs you put out, the more they'll have to risk to remove them all.

biles1234
08-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Yes, if you have lost a sign, you should contact the campaign immediately, contact@justinamash.com

brenden.b
08-02-2010, 07:31 AM
Amazing how people think yard signs are the secret to winning elections... Yes steal your opponents and place yours in its place, that will change the minds of voters...

Paleo
08-02-2010, 07:32 AM
name recognition means alot. most voters are morons.

Nathan Hale
08-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Agreed. I've won a race or two in my day by using name saturation.

rancher89
08-02-2010, 10:02 AM
we've had threads about him to make sure your signs don't get stolen -- don't know where they went.

Something I suggested, and have done..., is to "hot sauce" the sign. Put some very hot sauce in a spray bottle (filter it if there are lots of particulates..) Use as little water as you can get away with. A few drops of dish soap will help it stick to the sign. It will need to be reapplied after it rains.

I then put a small sign on top of the yard sign that read "This sign is protected by Capsicum. Warning: Touching this sign could result in burning pain." The little sign was "encased" in clear plastic tape and I used a toothpick to insert it in the top of the yard sign. (Just tape it to the signs that aren't corrugated.)

They may ignore it once....but not twice, AND word will get around...

We grow habanaro, thai, bird, cayenne, jalapeņo, and ghost peppers so we have plenty to work with....and it makes a great pest deterrent in the garden too..... :D

brenden.b
08-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Listen, campaigns and volunteers get way too hung up on yard signs. It is fact that yard signs are one of the most ineffective means of voter outreach. Most people are not persuaded by yard signs. Sure, in the last couple days it can be impressive for a candidate to saturate areas with yard signs, but the net pickup of votes via yard signs is hardly even noticeable.

Too many campaigns waste time on yard signs rather than focusing on GOTV efforts. If GOTV is covered then, perhaps, there is time for sign bombing, but until then, focus on getting personal contact with voters.

Dark Aerow
08-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Too many campaigns waste time on yard signs rather than focusing on GOTV efforts. If GOTV is covered then, perhaps, there is time for sign bombing, but until then, focus on getting personal contact with voters.

Yep, this is what I've been doing today, I've been contacting everyone I know and making sure they know where and when to vote and also promoting Justin if they are somehow unfamiliar with him.

Nathan Hale
08-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Listen, campaigns and volunteers get way too hung up on yard signs. It is fact that yard signs are one of the most ineffective means of voter outreach. Most people are not persuaded by yard signs. Sure, in the last couple days it can be impressive for a candidate to saturate areas with yard signs, but the net pickup of votes via yard signs is hardly even noticeable.

While I agree that GOTV is important, I wouldn't put down signage and other name recognition marketing efforts. In my experience they've had a major effect. I've had a candidate who purchased billboard space and yard signs but then was unable to campaign due to a death in the family, so they just put out what they had and ran with that - right to victory, despite no prior name recognition or position in the community. sure, even Alvin Greene can win a race, but I've worked a few campaigns where signage was important, especially if the volunteers putting out the signage contribute a little enthusiasm to passing cars.

MRoCkEd
08-02-2010, 12:21 PM
SIGNBOMB all throughout the night tonight!