PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul #1 Republican fundraiser in San Francisco in Q3 -- how about your city?

csen
10-15-2007, 09:46 PM
I just sent this to my meetup group:

Ron Paul: $50,353
Rudy Giuliani: $44,084
Mitt Romney: $36,350
Fred Thompson: $10,250
(McCain's numbers are currently down, but I'm pretty sure they'll be less than Ron's considering his overall fundraising numbers.)

I got the list of SF zip codes here:

http://www.visitingdc.com/zip-code-california/san-francisco-zip-code.asp

San Francisco Paulians, how about we all email the San Francisco Chronicle making them aware of this fact? And if you're in a metro area where you suspect RP came out on top, how about you check your region's totals and if he's #1, make your local newspaper aware as well.

kylejack
10-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Obviously we have a lot of different content that we can hype to the media here.

katao
10-15-2007, 10:15 PM
VERY good idea to promote this for relevant cities.

Unfortunately Utah is Mitt country and his fundraising here is insane (3 million Q1, 2 million Q2, 1 million Q3 in a very small state). Reading his contributor list here is essentially a who's who in the state.

mtmedlin
10-15-2007, 10:21 PM
I just sent this to my meetup group:

Ron Paul: $50,353
Rudy Giuliani: $44,084
Mitt Romney: $36,350
Fred Thompson: $10,250
(McCain's numbers are currently down, but I'm pretty sure they'll be less than Ron's considering his overall fundraising numbers.)

I got the list of SF zip codes here:

http://www.visitingdc.com/zip-code-california/san-francisco-zip-code.asp

San Francisco Paulians, how about we all email the San Francisco Chronicle making them aware of this fact? And if you're in a metro area where you suspect RP came out on top, how about you check your region's totals and if he's #1, make your local newspaper aware as well.

Actually this is huge. California is no longer a winner take all state. Now, 159 of the delegates are given out 3 per congressional district. In other words, if RP can win just 8 districts he would receive 24 electorals. Thats as many as NH will give him for the entire state. We need to look over the areas that RP is strong and help californians. This is by far the easiest way to get RP electorals. Cali is a state that is made for RP political views. The really nice part is that if the state were to split up alot amongst the different candidates, then Ron could get an additional 11 electorals for winning the most districts. In theory he could win 10 out of the 53 and as long as nobody else got more then he would get 30 electorals plus the 11 at large. That would be 41 which is the same as taking Iowa and he would be declared the winner of California. Tell me that wouldnt make a good case for him being the most electable.

kylejack
10-15-2007, 10:24 PM
NH is relevant for its timing, not its delegates.

Tidewise
10-15-2007, 11:12 PM
California is no longer a winner take all state.

Oops