PDA

View Full Version : Facebook + Obama = possible shennanigans

Lord Xar
08-01-2010, 02:49 AM
So, something odd happened the other day and just got around to confirming certain things before I posted, to see if anyone else noticed anything similiar.

I happened to check Facebook early afternoon and I see that a close family member " so and so likes Barack Obama" on my wall. Now, this is odd because this family member is wise to Obama, his agenda, elites and is savvy on Ron Paul -- so I was curious as to "why does this family member like Barack Obama".... Then, it hit me. I contacted this person the next day and asked if they "liked" Barack Obama... nope. In addition, this family was en route to another state via plane and didn't have access to the internet when this "like" was posted ala "posted 4 minutes" ago.

So, is Facebook pumping Obama's popularity on Facebook amidst declining popularity in the polls?

curious.

WaltM
08-01-2010, 03:04 AM
So, is Facebook pumping Obama's popularity on Facebook amidst declining popularity in the polls?

curious.

i wouldn't be surprised, after all, we were pumping them in the midst of Americans not voting for Ron Paul.

libertybrewcity
08-01-2010, 03:34 AM
i wouldn't be surprised, after all, we were pumping them in the midst of Americans not voting for Ron Paul.

We are people, not a corporation. if facebook was doing that, the 'pumping' would likely be bought.

libertarian4321
08-01-2010, 04:25 AM
I really doubt Obama is in some secret conspiracy to buy Facebook friends.

A more likely explanation is that someone hijacked your friend's account- it happens pretty frequently on FB.