PDA

View Full Version : 4409 -- Arizona SB1070 = National I.D.?

sharpsteve2003
07-31-2010, 09:00 PM
From RP4409 on YouTube:

I was warning you what this bill was truly about. Now Ernie explains the bill that is now Law. The Federal Government pretended to sue and some things changed but they left in the thing they wanted in the first place......PAPERS PLEASE

YouTube - 4409 -- SB1070 = National I.D. ? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36JdQnm7IfQ)

MelissaWV
08-01-2010, 08:07 AM
I sometimes wonder if anyone's read the thing start to finish but me :(

It's not National ID. It might help smooth the way to National ID, but it's not National ID.

It contains a clause pertaining to e-verify, which is not Real ID; it's something different.

The law even refers to *STATE LICENSES* from other states. This is not a call for National ID by definition.

The vast majority of the video is about being cranky. It is not actually about what the law says, even though the narrator mentions the law over and over. There is a curious diatribe about having to give your SSN to use Government services. Don't use the services, and you won't have to give someone your SSN. Don't go to Government schools, and you can dodge most/all vaccinations.

The "National ID stuff" is not intact... in fact, it's not there. This guy is a loon. (I can't believe I'm sitting through this, but oh well.) He even kindly talks about how the Jews, the gypsies, the homosexuals, and the Hispanics are the "weakest" of society. Somewhere around 8:30 he gets past the first sentence of the law. I'm serious.

The part towards the end that he talks about being National ID is about no one hindering the transmission of information pertaining to immigration status. He also makes a claim that you must have a national database to check licenses and stuff against. Um, the police already check licenses. The "papers please" portion accepts licenses right now. It even mentions state licenses from other states (non-Arizona licenses). This isn't National ID and even the database concept is not National ID. It's a database linking specific IDs, and it isn't part of this bill, and it would likely be rejected by most states (especially in our current economy) the same way that Real ID was rejected by several states.

E-Verify, however, is a-okay with people for some reason. Even this guy, in his need to get riled up over a National ID clause which doesn't exist, doesn't seem to notice that the e-verify stuff is piggy-backed onto these kinds of bills (because how else can a company be sure the person they're hiring is okay to work?). E-Verify will grow, and MIGHT lead to the database he's talking about, and eventually MIGHT even merge with Real ID/National ID in some form.

This bill, though, is not National ID.