PDA

View Full Version : 5th Novermber $100 each- 10 million in one day

Pages : [1] 2

SwordOfShannarah
10-15-2007, 09:23 PM
A very cool idea!

http://ronpaulmeetupvideos.com/2007/10/16/calling-all-paulitesremember-the-fifth-of-november/

UPDATE: http://www.ThisNovember5th.com

kylejack
10-15-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm totally down with this.

Patrick Henry
10-15-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm in.

crhoades
10-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Watched V for Vendetta again last night...consider me in. Plus this would be huge for a certain rally on the 10th.

RPTXState
10-15-2007, 09:54 PM
we've got 20 days. If we want this to work, we need to spread the message and fast.

bobmurph
10-15-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm in...gf in too. My brother & roommate are in. I'm sure by then I will have converted my mom & grandma...so count them in too.

Lord Xar
I think that is a wonderful idea.. can we get a nationals disemination of that video..

0zzy
I don't have 100$.

tnvoter
10-15-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm in, I'll have 100 saved for it by then.

brumans
10-15-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm in. Can we get like a list of all the people that are planning on doing this?

We need to keep this up via a webpage or something or else it will be forgotten.

0zzy
10-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Btw, start mass emailing every single group for Ron Paul (Meetup and all). Tell them to get ready.

It is possible, how many meetups do we have?

Cindy
10-15-2007, 09:59 PM
we've got 20 days. If we want this to work, we need to spread the message and fast.

Yup and I'm in.

I'll post it at two local meetups in my area tomorow and some political forums I go to that have Paul supporters.

Spread it everywhere and remember to do follow up reminders on the 5th.

brumans
10-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Btw, start mass emailing every single group for Ron Paul (Meetup and all). Tell them to get ready.

It is possible, how many meetups do we have?

http://www.meetup.com/topics/polact/cand/

- We have 1,014 meet up groups.

We should create an organized plan to mass e-mail every meetup group. I'm not sure where to find out the number of how many people are signed up in total on meetup for ron paul. Wasn't it something like 40,000+?

Even if half of them do it, that will be 2 million and will definitely help us on our way to reaching the ultimate goal of 12 million for the quarter.

uncle saddam
10-15-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm in!

RP4ME
10-15-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm in!

Im in.....

Hope
10-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Would anyone be willing to make a better video? I want to spread this idea but I'm not feeling the video. The typos and font effects are a little meh.

ksuguy
10-15-2007, 10:07 PM
I'll do it.

CasualApathy
10-15-2007, 10:09 PM
A website set up specifically for this event would help a lot as well.

brumans
10-15-2007, 10:10 PM
November5th2007.com?

max
10-15-2007, 10:11 PM
great idea...

if people know that so many other will be donating on that day it will be huge...

let's get this on daily paul and all the meetups..

emphasize that we shoould still continue our regular donations but gear up for that one day

i'm in

PINN4CL3
10-15-2007, 10:12 PM
I'd do it.

Didn't really care for the movie, but I'll make the statement.

Cindy
10-15-2007, 10:13 PM
I don't have 100$.

Can you save $5.00 by then?

The idea is to drop a Nuclear Bomb on the competitors funds Nov. 5th. Every atom that can be split helps. :D

Oh, and you can still help to spread the link

yoshimaroka
10-15-2007, 10:13 PM
remember5thnovember.com!

EvoPro
10-15-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm in too

brumans
10-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Who is a good web designer?

Whoever creates the website should create a form where people can sign-up for this event to donate $100 on November 5th. That way we can keep track of how many people we have, advertise it better and motivate others to join in.

Hook
10-15-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm in.

max
10-15-2007, 10:20 PM
I just sent this to my extensive contact list....This needs to circulate and HQ should promnote it as well
Dear friends,

This is spreading fast around the country and we need to keep it going. Meetup members and Ron Paul you tube subscribers are gearing up for November 5th (Guy Fawkes Day) as a day to remember.

Watch this video and pledge to take part in this. Pass it around to your RP contacts too.

This is powerful historic stuff if we can do this on November 5th. Find a way to put aside this money WITHOUT curtailing your current donations.

http://ronpaulmeetupvideos.com/2007/...h-of-november/

mavtek
10-15-2007, 10:22 PM
In for at least me

rp4prez
i'm in!

start a blog on blogspot! takes 2 seconds. :)

fightfortruth
I don't know how to spam, but I will do it for this. If anyone can give me tips I will spend my free time spamming this to everyone I can think of. What are the most popular internet sites for Ron Paul. I know that there is Facebook and Myspace. I don't really know how to market this there but if someone tells me I will try my best. I will get my brother to put this on his myspace page too.

We need to get this out there.

Oh yeah, I am definately in, got a hundred bucks saved up for just an occasion. :-)

1000-points-of-fright
10-15-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm down for it, but it annoys me to no end when I see grammatical errors on videos and posters. It does very little to help the image of Ron Paul supporters.

max
10-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Aravoth....

i know you're busy with your beautiful new daughter....but WE NEED YOU ON THIS ONE FAST

max
10-15-2007, 10:30 PM
BUMP.......

Bydlak needs to promote this

Thomas_Paine
10-15-2007, 10:31 PM
I like this idea very much. I will spread the news.

max
10-15-2007, 10:32 PM
This needs a theme..

A 5th of Novemeber that history will remember.

definitely need a website and better video..the goal is too high...we should shoot for 5 million on that day ..if we pass it..all the better

AND A STICKY!

fightfortruth
10-15-2007, 10:51 PM
I just emailed this to all my meetup groups. :-)

LukeNM
10-15-2007, 11:06 PM
How about making this happen on Veterans Day - November 11

ty1er
10-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Video+Myspace Campaign+Signup/Pledge type site (for email reminder). I think this is an awesome idea that could score alot of donations if implemented properly.

CasualApathy
10-15-2007, 11:09 PM

It really has to be november 5th. Thats the whole point of it.

LukeNM
10-15-2007, 11:12 PM
What is the point again? Guy Fawkes Day?? Never heard of it!

Eric21ND
10-15-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm game if we get a bunch of people on board.

billv
10-15-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm in for 100

CasualApathy
10-15-2007, 11:25 PM
What is the point again? Guy Fawkes Day?? Never heard of it!

May i suggest you watch "V For Vendetta" then. Excellent reference material.

But basically he was a revolutionary who tried (and failed) to blow up the Houses of Parliament and kill King James I of England on 5 November 1605.

Tidewise
10-15-2007, 11:29 PM
I AM IN! Will make sure that my Meetup groups get this.

SwordOfShannarah
10-15-2007, 11:35 PM

This will not be derailed!! It is what it is and it is as is. :D :p :eek:

reaver
10-15-2007, 11:36 PM
My local meetup has a meeting on the 5th so I guess I need to set aside some cash. :)

SwordOfShannarah
10-15-2007, 11:36 PM
should we digg it? :eek: :eek:

terlinguatx
10-15-2007, 11:43 PM

pyrazole2
10-15-2007, 11:59 PM
This will not be derailed!! It is what it is and it is as is. :D :p :eek:

Aside from the fact that Guy Fawkes Day is a celebration of the fact that England was 'saved' from the conspiracy. V for Vendetta didn't give you the whole verse:

"Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
the Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent to blow up King and Parliament.
Three-score barrels were laid below to prove old England's overthrow;
By God's mercy he was catch'd with a dark lantern and lighted match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!"

But who cares about history? The sheeple or MSM won't get it. I'm good for $100.

Tidewise
10-16-2007, 12:04 AM
That was some atrocious grammar and spelling in that video. I am still in for the $100, though.

terlinguatx
10-16-2007, 12:07 AM

Suzu
10-16-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm down for it, but it annoys me to no end when I see grammatical errors on videos and posters. It does very little to help the image of Ron Paul supporters.

I see errors in aravoth's stuff. He likes to pluralize with apostrophes. That's just about the easiest error to avoid, too.

A few of my top pet peeves, errors that constantly show up in this forum and all over youtube videos:

- "then" used to mean "than" and vice versa.
- "recieve" in place of "receive"
- "independant" in place of "independent"
- various misspellings of "conservative"
- apostrophes omitted from contractions
- mismatched verb/noun pairs
- misplaced capital letters
- "capitol" used to mean "capital" and vice versa
- "principle" used to mean "principal" and vice versa

Many more, too numerous to list. DRIVES ME BERSERK!

What's worse, is that some of the most error-ridden writings are the ones that would otherwise be SO GOOD.

I just cannot imagine ever publishing anything that hadn't been spell checked and proofread.

Oh, yeah... while I'm on a rant, I gotta say this: The vast majority of people I listen to make one of the most annoying mistakes - and this includes Ron Paul - when they say "The problem is is..." and "What happens is is..." and such statements. This one drives me nuts more than any other mistake. It's one that no one ever makes in writing, only in speaking. Maybe 1 in 15 people get that one right.

Cindy
10-16-2007, 12:15 AM
I think 10 million is too much. Let's go for a goal we can acheive to boost morale and what not. We haven't had a $ 1 million day yet, so that would be an awesome milestone to acheive, and a bit more realistic.

If someone can't do the full $100, they can still donate whatever they can on that day.

No need to discourage the thousands of Paul supporters who can do it. The thought of helping him raise 10 million in one day is serious and exciting incentive.

I only wish this was set for the last day of Oct so we could blow away Octobers goal.

I just may split my 100 up between the two days.

nbhadja
10-16-2007, 12:22 AM
If all 56000 Ron Paul meetup members can donate an average of 100 dollars per person, we could get 5.6 million on that day just from them. Heck, even if half donate 100 that would be 2.8 million from just them on one day.

Perry
10-16-2007, 01:00 AM
Amazing idea! People need to start making more videos pushing this idea and spreading the word. Really it is not that difficult a task.

SwordOfShannarah
10-16-2007, 01:16 AM
Aside from the fact that Guy Fawkes Day is a celebration of the fact that England was 'saved' from the conspiracy. V for Vendetta didn't give you the whole verse:

"Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
the Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent to blow up King and Parliament.
Three-score barrels were laid below to prove old England's overthrow;
By God's mercy he was catch'd with a dark lantern and lighted match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!"

But who cares about history? The sheeple or MSM won't get it. I'm good for $100.

Well.. later in history a movie was made that re-shaped the meaning of the verse by leaving some of it out. HA! Sure it's a stretch but I'll accept it on technical correctness. ;)

bricklayer
10-16-2007, 01:29 AM
Not sure if this is relevant, but from the perspective of cash flow, wouldn’t it be better for the campaign to get the money ASAP, so they can use it now? I’ll admit not knowing what HQ’s timetable is leading up to the primaries, but it might be worth considering. And, I’m in regardless.

fj45lvr
10-16-2007, 01:30 AM
I'm in

zebov
10-16-2007, 02:18 AM
Anyone else hesitant about the 11/5 date? I'm not so much in support of associating our campaign with V for Vendetta. V was a terrorist; we are not (and yes, I'm aware that "occasionally freedom must be purchased with the blood of patriots" or however that quote goes, but that idea is thought of as extreme and I think it is in our best interest to steer clear of it). I'm all for a mass money-bombing, but I think we should choose some date other than 11/5.

OptionsTrader
10-16-2007, 02:21 AM
I don't have 100$.

Earn it.

Copperhed51
10-16-2007, 02:24 AM
I'm in. EVERYBODY THAT CAN, MAKE MORE VIDEOS TO PROMOTE THIS!

Tom29
10-16-2007, 02:56 AM
I hate V for Vendetta. :mad:

I watched 5 minutes of the film and then turned it of. TO VIOLENT.

Remember guys. This is a r-EVOL-ution.
This has nothing to do with LOVE.

I'm out.

CasualApathy
10-16-2007, 03:06 AM
Anyone else hesitant about the 11/5 date? I'm not so much in support of associating our campaign with V for Vendetta. V was a terrorist; we are not (and yes, I'm aware that "occasionally freedom must be purchased with the blood of patriots" or however that quote goes, but that idea is thought of as extreme and I think it is in our best interest to steer clear of it). I'm all for a mass money-bombing, but I think we should choose some date other than 11/5.

I disagree. First off, one persons terrorist is another persons freedom-fighter. Certainly Guy Fawkes was no terrorist (which implys killing innocents). ;)
Secondly, just look at the response this idea is getting. It's clearly an idea that gets people excited.

I certainly wouldn't avoid the date out of fear that it will somehow tarnish the campaign. Do you expect something like this?

"Ron Paul supporters celebrate terrorism with online donation surge"

There are already hit pieces out there that are far worse, and consider the other angle for a sec:

"Supporters of presidential candidate Ron Paul make history with 10 million donated online in just 24 hours."

CasualApathy
10-16-2007, 03:08 AM

I'm out.

Prude :p

zebov
10-16-2007, 03:12 AM
I disagree. First off, one persons terrorist is another persons freedom-fighter. Certainly Guy Fawkes was no terrorist (which implys killing innocents). ;)
Secondly, just look at the response this idea is getting. It's clearly an idea that gets people excited.

I certainly wouldn't avoid the date out of fear that it will somehow tarnish the campaign. Do you expect something like this?

"Ron Paul supporters celebrate terrorism with online donation surge"

There are already hit pieces out there that are far worse, and consider the other angle for a sec:

"Supporters of presidential candidate Ron Paul make history with 10 million donated online in just 24 hours."

I just think you're going to have a hard time getting complete support BECAUSE of the date. There are many supporters (like myself) who don't like to associate with V for Vendetta. I think the idea of a money-bomb is much more inspiring than the date that it is being delivered.

CasualApathy
10-16-2007, 03:16 AM
I just think you're going to have a hard time getting complete support BECAUSE of the date. There are many supporters (like myself) who don't like to associate with V for Vendetta. I think the idea of a money-bomb is much more inspiring than the date that it is being delivered.

I don't.

Tom29
10-16-2007, 03:17 AM
Prude :p

" I say if your brother strikes you, turn the other cheek.” - Jesus.

OptionsTrader
10-16-2007, 03:23 AM
November 11, Veterans day would provide more time to get the word out and would play better in the news IMO.

And it is a concept that would be understood by more people, young and old, than the 5th of November V for Vendetta reference.

A better chance at actually getting tens of thousands to donate on that special day versus 100s that understand the movie reference and British annual celebration.

Just my opinion.

CasualApathy
10-16-2007, 03:27 AM
" I say if your brother strikes you, turn the other cheek.” - Jesus.

Aww man, you dropped the J-bomb on me!

Just remember that life is meaningless, and good things come to those who take them.

Corydoras
10-16-2007, 03:28 AM
November 11, Veterans day would provide more time to get the word out and would play better in the news IMO.

I really like that! We will get synergy with Philly that way!

Definitely. And honor our troops, bring them home etc.

CasualApathy
10-16-2007, 03:33 AM

And it is a concept that would be understood by more people, young and old, than the 5th of November V for Vendetta reference.

A better chance at actually getting tens of thousands to donate on that special day versus 100s that understand the movie reference of British annual celebration.

Just my opinion.

The problem with your logic is this:

Old farts love veterans day, but have no idea who Ron Paul is
Young people love "V for Vendetta", and they are RP's strongest supporters.

Ok, so i'm generalizing, but still. This 5th of november thing will get huge amongst young people especially, and we would be nowhere right now without them, but hey, you can do both and see who had the better idea.

Tom29
10-16-2007, 03:34 AM
Aww man, you dropped the J-bomb on me!

Bwahaha :D

OptionsTrader
10-16-2007, 03:38 AM
The 5th of November is a British celebration. You need an American tie-in that sells to the largest swath of the population if you are serious about an overwhelming number of donations.

Flirple
10-16-2007, 03:39 AM
Count me in, regardless of which day is decided on.

Mordechai Vanunu
10-16-2007, 03:41 AM
Why not the Boston Tea Party anniversary (December 16)?

The media would have a field day with this November 5 idea, saying Ron Paul supporters are in favor of violent revolution via means of murder and blowing up buildings...not that I'm saying you shouldn't do it, but be ready.

OptionsTrader
10-16-2007, 03:43 AM
This sells:
Ron Paul receives more donations from the military than any other Republican.

Capitalizing on this by a huge donation surge on Veterans Day would be my suggestion.

mrchubbs
10-16-2007, 03:47 AM
I'm in... how about we make it for October 31st... Halloween, which also happens to coincide with the 4 million goal...

And...

We can celebrate it in the Irish tradition....

"a pastoral and agricultural "fire festival" or feast, when the dead revisited the mortal world, and large communal bonfires would hence be lit to ward off evil spirits."

The feast is us donating money to help Ron Paul rise up and visit the mortal world (The Main Stream Media and General Public's Mind) while we ward off Ghouliani and Co. (the evil spirits).

Wow... that's a stretch isn't it. :D

In any case... I'm in.

CasualApathy
10-16-2007, 03:48 AM
Ok, I guess I've used up my speaking time on this subject, let me close with a simple observation:

Manly Manual, page 162:

Veterans day = boring

Remember, remember, the 5th of november = AWESOME

Badger4Paul
10-16-2007, 03:50 AM
I planned on maxing out on Oct. 31 (for ~$1500) if we hadn't reached our goal, but I'll save $100 for 11-5, and am in.

OptionsTrader
10-16-2007, 03:52 AM
Ok, I guess I've used up my speaking time on this subject, let me close with a simple observation:

Quote:
Manly Manual, page 162:

Veterans day = boring

Remember, remember, the 5th of november = AWESOME

Those are assertions, not observations, but we're all free to be wrong =)

Thunderbolt
10-16-2007, 04:22 AM
Well, it sounds like the kind of thing that will dry up donations. Everyone will wait and save up until that day and our October numbers will look terrible. Then, on the big day, you will be lucky to get 100 people to participate let alone 100,000.

Why does everyone want to "herd" the donations? Let people donate how much and when they want to. The people who can't afford the money won't donate anything and the people who can afford this may have given more.

And I agree. This is not a Vendetta and pushing in that direction only makes us look more fringe.

You want to try, good luck. But we have a lot of other things that need doing - we need to get more people into the campaign than we do spending all our time telling the folks who are already here what to do.

And I agree, typos? Canidate Paul? Makes me cringe.

Chrispy
10-16-2007, 04:35 AM
Halloween, Guy Fawkes costumes, tons of fliers? Anyone?

Chrispy
10-16-2007, 04:43 AM
Well, it sounds like the kind of thing that will dry up donations. Everyone will wait and save up until that day and our October numbers will look terrible. Then, on the big day, you will be lucky to get 100 people to participate let alone 100,000.

Why does everyone want to "herd" the donations? Let people donate how much and when they want to. The people who can't afford the money won't donate anything and the people who can afford this may have given more.

And I agree. This is not a Vendetta and pushing in that direction only makes us look more fringe.

You want to try, good luck. But we have a lot of other things that need doing - we need to get more people into the campaign than we do spending all our time telling the folks who are already here what to do.

And I agree, typos? Canidate Paul? Makes me cringe.

Look the 5th of November isn't that far away. Plus we're coat tailing of a widely popular movie, a movie that is all about freedom and the evils of big government. I think we'd end up with more fund raising than normal.

V for Vendetta was a really powerful movie, I think we could get a ton of participation with this, honestly. If we could get the same number of people as are in the meet up groups to join in then thats $5 million right there. Plus you have to look at the publicity we could get, even if we only raised $1 million in a day. Possibly a record breaker?

kylejack
10-16-2007, 05:50 AM
Halloween: Guy Fawkes masks, and signs advising people to give Ron Paul $100 on November 5th.

kylejack
10-16-2007, 05:50 AM
Look the 5th of November isn't that far away. Plus we're coat tailing of a widely popular movie, a movie that is all about freedom and the evils of big government. I think we'd end up with more fund raising than normal.

V for Vendetta was a really powerful movie, I think we could get a ton of participation with this, honestly. If we could get the same number of people as are in the meet up groups to join in then thats $5 million right there. Plus you have to look at the publicity we could get, even if we only raised $1 million in a day. Possibly a record breaker?

Not quite, I don't think. I think Romney has the record, on his $6 million day.

kylejack
10-16-2007, 05:59 AM
Okay, I'm writing...still writing, but here's my start:

Good evening, (your city here). Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirt of patriotism, I speak to you on this Halloween to inform you about a candidate running for President, a candidate who voted against the war in Iraq, against the PATRIOT Act, and against regulating the internet. This Congressman has never voted to raise taxes, never voted for an unbalanced budget, and does not participate in the lucrative Congressional pension program, and every year, he returns a portion of his Congressional office budget to the US Treasury.

FSUSeminolesR#1
10-16-2007, 06:24 AM
On the 5th Ill donate another 100. Ive been donating 100 bucks each month for the past 6 months now. I will just use that day in November to make my contribution. Hope its a big day for RP.

BillyDkid
10-16-2007, 06:51 AM
Don't we need a pledge drive for this? Doesn't it need to be formalized in some way? I will commit to it too, but there should be some sort of a signup for it.

NinjaPirate
10-16-2007, 06:59 AM

While the date is farther away, I like this idea better since it hits closer to home. :)

rpfreedom08
10-16-2007, 07:00 AM
I'm in... for november the 5th. Lets face it, kids today know movies way more than they know history. I say stick with the november theme as it will reach more people.

hambone1982
10-16-2007, 07:13 AM
I'm in....(the date doesn't really matter to me).

jaumen
10-16-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm in. And I will endeavor to find enough cash so this will be in addition to my current planned donations.

Johnnybags
10-16-2007, 07:20 AM
Get others involved, tell parents and grandparents etc. to give you an early Holiday gift, a receipt for 100.00 donation to Ron Paul. Even if they vote for someone else, its a simple gift giving idea that they would be happy not to have to go shopping for, especially the elderly.

Eric21ND
10-16-2007, 07:21 AM
how many people on this board are in?

rpliving
10-16-2007, 07:22 AM
I'm in.

constituent
10-16-2007, 07:24 AM
I see errors in aravoth's stuff. He likes to pluralize with apostrophes. That's just about the easiest error to avoid, too.

A few of my top pet peeves, errors that constantly show up in this forum and all over youtube videos:

- "then" used to mean "than" and vice versa.
- "recieve" in place of "receive"
- "independant" in place of "independent"
- various misspellings of "conservative"
- apostrophes omitted from contractions
- mismatched verb/noun pairs
- misplaced capital letters
- "capitol" used to mean "capital" and vice versa
- "principle" used to mean "principal" and vice versa

Many more, too numerous to list. DRIVES ME BERSERK!

What's worse, is that some of the most error-ridden writings are the ones that would otherwise be SO GOOD.

I just cannot imagine ever publishing anything that hadn't been spell checked and proofread.

Oh, yeah... while I'm on a rant, I gotta say this: The vast majority of people I listen to make one of the most annoying mistakes - and this includes Ron Paul - when they say "The problem is is..." and "What happens is is..." and such statements. This one drives me nuts more than any other mistake. It's one that no one ever makes in writing, only in speaking. Maybe 1 in 15 people get that one right.

think yer' funny huh? grammarian's. ;)

RCA
10-16-2007, 07:24 AM
I'm in.

How can we mobilize this?

pyrazole2
10-16-2007, 07:27 AM
Well.. later in history a movie was made that re-shaped the meaning of the verse by leaving some of it out. HA! Sure it's a stretch but I'll accept it on technical correctness. ;)

lol...definitely a stretch. I think the jury will be out for a long while on whether "V for Vendetta" will be considered as 'history' (technically though, yes). I mean, good enough movie, but I'm not seeing the big connection to our movement. We're trying to elect someone to regain our freedoms, not kill everyone in charge for freedom. If you listen to the movie and omit the retorical quotes, V is very strongly in favor of an anarchist society (we're not, hopefully)....which requires that individuals police thier own morals. Do you trust your fellow man to do that? That ultimate level of freedom breaks down to a survival of the fittest, because you don't have any rights when you're dead, and there's nobody assigned to protect you in any way, unless you are the 'fittest'.

Regardless, I like the idea of having a day to mass-donate. I don't care what day it is, the MSM won't cover it, so who cares? It's more for us anyway. Let's have two days, I think we can make ourselves proud on both days. Yet another option: United Nations Day is on 10/24, let's do one this month, too!!

damijin
10-16-2007, 07:28 AM
I'm down for 200, at least.

anewvoice
10-16-2007, 07:29 AM
Also, perhaps this should be in the MySpace e-mail messages?

And I'm in.

pyrazole2
10-16-2007, 07:31 AM
I'm in... for november the 5th. Lets face it, kids today know movies way more than they know history. I say stick with the november theme as it will reach more people.

Hell, ADULTS today know movies more than they know history. Some just don't know anything. Case in point:

Rudy Giuliani: (Pandering to the audience) “That’s really an extraordinary statement. That’s really an extraordinary statement, as someone who lived through the attack of Sept. 11, that we invited the attack because we were attacking Iraq. I don’t think I have ever heard that before and I have heard some pretty absurd explanations for Sept. 11. I would ask the congressman withdraw that comment and tell us that he didn’t really mean that.”

tsopranos
10-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Don't we need a pledge drive for this? Doesn't it need to be formalized in some way? I will commit to it too, but there should be some sort of a signup for it.

I'm in also, but I agree with this poster...there needs to be some organization to this. Perhaps a simple website created for this purpose?

ItsTime
10-16-2007, 07:32 AM
100% agreed

A better chance at actually getting tens of thousands to donate on that special day versus 100s that understand the movie reference and British annual celebration.

Just my opinion.

EvilEngineer
10-16-2007, 07:37 AM
How about doing it on November 4th? That way we can say one year after we drop this financial bomb, we can call people back one year later to the day to show up in mass to vote.

Andrea
10-16-2007, 08:01 AM
YouTube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y72Sd6C0xTE

Nathan Hale
10-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Can we focus on the actual goals set for us? $10 million in one day is even dumber than $100 million in Q4. You all realize that $12 million for the entire quarter, which is the official goal, is going to be nightmarishly hard in and of itself. Let's concentrate on meeting that goal.

Perhaps a November 5th donation surge is a good idea, but $10 million? That's a waste of time. Shoot for $500,000 - that's going to be tough enough. Or how about 1776 donations?

kylejack
10-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Can we focus on the actual goals set for us? $10 million in one day is even dumber than $100 million in Q4. You all realize that $12 million for the entire quarter, which is the official goal, is going to be nightmarishly hard in and of itself. Let's concentrate on meeting that goal.

Perhaps a November 5th donation surge is a good idea, but $10 million? That's a waste of time. Shoot for $500,000 - that's going to be tough enough. Or how about 1776 donations?
Aim for the stars, settle for the clouds, you know what I mean?

sandersondavis
10-16-2007, 09:19 AM
YouTube video

I've been waiting for someone to use that music.
Here is another link to the original video. Go watch it and add Ron Paul Revolution comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf-Q2rDd6Tw

This video currently has 1,578,292 views. A whole new group of people will see your comments.

Severius
10-16-2007, 09:39 AM

The media would have a field day with this November 5 idea, saying Ron Paul supporters are in favor of violent revolution via means of murder and blowing up buildings...not that I'm saying you shouldn't do it, but be ready.

Our country was founded on violent revolution. Do you think the British saw us as "freedom fighters"? Thats ridiculous. Condemning violent revolution and quoting Jesus' "turn the other cheek", is condemning the foundation of our country. We have the right to tear down our Government, with violence if necessary.

jonahtrainer
10-16-2007, 09:43 AM

I have already found donors for 10x as much as I found in 3Q. We have more creditability now and I am finding it easier to find donors. What we need to do is focus on some key personalities with some major muscle, like Adam Curry.

If everyone found 10x as much in Q4 as we did in Q3 we'd raise about $50M. I don't think that is unrealistic.

justinc.1089
10-16-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm going to donate $100 on Nov. 5th. And I'm going to push this as hard as I can to try to talk other people into doing the same thing.

Its true 12 million dollars is going to be tough, and its true the fundraising is not what it should be right now. So we must work even harder to get donations for Paul.

When you want to slack off just remember, Ron Paul is our only chance. Its not like we can settle for someone that just has one or two ideas that aren't that great, this is all or nothing. There's a reason we're all calling this a r[evol]ution.

We need to stay focused and do at the very minimum what we did last time to get $5 million, but really we need to do even more. And above all don't do less, the money is not going to just appear out of thin air now just because we did good one time.

I think we need to focus on getting $4 million this month like the goal is, and focus on trying to encourage the Nov. 5th idea as well. If just the people in the meetup groups donate $100 on Nov. 5th that will be like $5 million by itself right there. If we meet $4 million in october, and then on Nov. 5th get $6 million, that would be $10 million dollars right there alone.

We must make that happen.

murrayrothbard
10-16-2007, 10:01 AM
If you listen to the movie and omit the retorical quotes, V is very strongly in favor of an anarchist society (we're not, hopefully)....which requires that individuals police thier own morals. Do you trust your fellow man to do that? That ultimate level of freedom breaks down to a survival of the fittest, because you don't have any rights when you're dead, and there's nobody assigned to protect you in any way, unless you are the 'fittest'.

Hogwash :rolleyes: Um the government is nothing special. It's made up of individual people that maintain their position as the sole arbiters of morals by the use of force. It's still just people policing other people's morals by force, which you claim to be the problem w/anarchy. It's unescapable. There is no mythical actor that can force people to fall in line, that is not a member of "the people" him/herself.

If no state would really lead to 'jungle society' as you boldy assert then we should already be in the midst of it. There are only individuals. If everyone was intent on raping and murdering their neighbors then they would already be doing it...:rolleyes:

RevolutionSD
10-16-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm DEFINITELY donating $100 on 11/5/07!

DeepBlu
10-16-2007, 10:08 AM
I'm in.

Severius
10-16-2007, 10:10 AM
If you listen to the movie and omit the retorical quotes, V is very strongly in favor of an anarchist society (we're not, hopefully)....which requires that individuals police thier own morals. Do you trust your fellow man to do that?

"Thomas Jefferson - fist of the rational anarchists my boy, and one who once almost managed to slip over his non-system through the most beautiful rhetoric ever written. But they caught him at it..."

I consider myself a rational anarchist. I believe that since the world is not perfect an incredibly small form of government is needed, a government who's only function is to protect the freedoms of every individual from assaults by powerful individuals and groups. The only law needed is the Golden Rule, and the government's one and only job should be to enforce it.

EDiT: Oh and count me, my wife and my sister in. $300 from us on the 5th plus whatever I can spare for October.

kylejack
10-16-2007, 10:11 AM
You are a minarchist, not an anarchist, FYI. ;)

Severius
10-16-2007, 10:16 AM
You are a minarchist, not an anarchist, FYI. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_Anarchy

There are other better links but I have to go to school now and can't look them up.

1000-points-of-fright
10-16-2007, 10:19 AM
The V concept targets kids. Since when do kids have money?

For example...

I don't have 100$.

CJP
10-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Nice idea -- everybody who's inclined to do so, go for it! But... we need to first focus on October. We are in serious danger of falling way short (as in half of) of our goal this month. Don't sit and wait until the 31st, either -- the current slow rate of donations is discouraging to other potential donors.

The best way to have a great November is to carry momentum from October.

Dontate now! The month is more than half over and we haven't even reached 25% of our goal. Find new donors now! Use your email lists. Send out a link to a good video, then, the next day or so, send out an email stressing the importance of getting involved and donating.

Also see "October Failure is not an option":
http://dailypaul.com/node/3535

Chrispy
10-16-2007, 10:53 AM
I'll throw down my $100 for October, but there is definitely another $100 commin on November 5th

I'm in like sin.

wsc321
10-16-2007, 10:59 AM
I'll do it - but shouldn't we get a Pledge Bank form or something set up so we can advertise for this more effectively?

enjerth
10-16-2007, 11:17 AM
How about doing it on November 4th? That way we can say one year after we drop this financial bomb, we can call people back one year later to the day to show up in mass to vote.

I didn't like the correlation to V, but I like that idea. Sell it as a money-bomb aimed at 1 year before the general election. The 4th would be ok, but I think we should stick to Tuesdays since that's traditionally the day to cast your vote.

This year, cast your vote for Ron Paul on November 6th by donating as much as you can to his campaign.

I'd rather not see it reported as crazy people and anarchists supporting Ron Paul by donating on a day associated with a violent, anti-government movie.

I know a lot of people are thrilled about donating on November 5 and won't change their mind, but I think I'm going to make it November 6th.

Elwar
10-16-2007, 12:32 PM
100,000 people in one pledge would be impossible...consider he had about 20k donors throughout all of his last quarter...

Also, look at the pleges on pledgebank...the highest pledge right now has about 2k people signed up, and I've seen a lot of links to that one all over the place.

A goal of 5-10 thousand people would be a worthy goal that could actually be achievable. A million in one day would be huge.

wgadget
10-16-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm definitely in. November 5th is my oldest daughter's birthday.

If we could just get all the MEETUP group members to donate, we'd be getting somewhere.

K1RBY
10-16-2007, 12:34 PM
my wife and i are in for 100 each, on the 5th!
this will rock the political world if people really do this.
-dennis

BlutStein
10-16-2007, 12:57 PM
I don't really have the 100 bucks, but I'm down. 100 bucks for freedom is cheap, it's usually paid for with blood.

jrich4rpaul
10-16-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm in

"remembers the 5th of november"

Dave Wood
10-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Im in. $100 on 11/5

Just a question to all of the computer specialists........what kind of problems is this going to cause if everyone does this at the same time????

Will the system crash for the day or worse, or will it be fine. Just a thought

bbachtung
10-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Maybe RP could announce it on the Leno show on October 30?

pyrazole2
10-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Hogwash :rolleyes: Um the government is nothing special. It's made up of individual people that maintain their position as the sole arbiters of morals by the use of force. It's still just people policing other people's morals by force, which you claim to be the problem w/anarchy. It's unescapable. There is no mythical actor that can force people to fall in line, that is not a member of "the people" him/herself.

Well, then what is your take on the movie? I am asserting that the crux of the movie was to create a dysfunctional anarchy that would lead to a 'survival of the fittest' situation. The fact that the character, V, deemed that killing individuals who were in no way connected to the government (although they weren't 'with him') with his own bare hands was ok, is not patriotic as the movie promotes. It's no better than the rest of the Neocons saying that they'll nuke Iran even though we haven't been attacked, and in the next sentence telling us that they support the constitution. I don't believe a real reduction in government to 0 would lead to a bad situation...tenuous, maybe. I don't assert much if anything about our more complicated (than the movie) society.

If no state would really lead to 'jungle society' as you boldy assert then we should already be in the midst of it. There are only individuals. If everyone was intent on raping and murdering their neighbors then they would already be doing it...:rolleyes:

Again, the movie stated it pretty clearly. Have you watched it? It certainly seemed like V was intent on murdering his neighbors. Anyway...as far as reality, we're not an anarchist society, so why would we be in the midst of anarchy? If any government is nothing special, then why do we have a distinction between government and anarchy? And why support Ron Paul if he supports the constitution:
Um the government is nothing special?

Original_Intent
10-16-2007, 03:32 PM
/bump

shepburn
10-16-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm in...

in fact I pledge to my whole family in on this!

ClockwiseSpark
10-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Well, then what is your take on the movie? I am asserting that the crux of the movie was to create a dysfunctional anarchy that would lead to a 'survival of the fittest' situation. The fact that the character, V, deemed that killing individuals who were in no way connected to the government (although they weren't 'with him') with his own bare hands was ok, is not patriotic as the movie promotes. It's no better than the rest of the Neocons saying that they'll nuke Iran even though we haven't been attacked, and in the next sentence telling us that they support the constitution. I don't believe a real reduction in government to 0 would lead to a bad situation...tenuous, maybe. I don't assert much if anything about our more complicated (than the movie) society.

No way connected? Have you even seen the movie?

Again, the movie stated it pretty clearly. Have you watched it? It certainly seemed like V was intent on murdering his neighbors. Anyway...as far as reality, we're not an anarchist society, so why would we be in the midst of anarchy? If any government is nothing special, then why do we have a distinction between government and anarchy? And why support Ron Paul if he supports the constitution: ?

It seemed that way to you did it? That's an interesting interpretation.

Severius
10-16-2007, 03:54 PM
The fact that the character, V, deemed that killing individuals who were in no way connected to the government (although they weren't 'with him') with his own bare hands was ok, is not patriotic as the movie promotes.

Killing the troops and secret police officers of a totalitarian state that unleashed biological weapons upon it's own citizens in order to frighten the masses into relinquishing their Liberty while secretly arressting and running painful, unethical experiments on citizens who peacefully protested against the government? Policemen who were going to rape and kill an innocent woman? Policemen who break into the homes of the innocent and drag them from their beds to be taken to secret prisons never to be seen again? If those are not grounds for killing the enforcers a totalitarian state in order to reclaim your lost Liberty, than our Founding Fathers are just as guilty. If you are not willing to fight for your Liberty than you do not deserve it.

CasualApathy
10-16-2007, 04:53 PM
So, do we have someone working on a november 5th website? We need to move quickly (and make it look awesome)

And since 80% of us love the idea, stop debating the date. I'm not going to say that everyone who doesnt like it is a troll, just most of them :p

kylejack
10-16-2007, 04:58 PM
v for vendetta was a socialism propaganda movie, it was good but not the right message.
The original message of the comics is anti-fascist anarchism, not socialism. Hence the upside down Anarchy A for V's logo. The movies tried to make it more timely, with neo-con government out of control and a socialist protagonist.

ghemminger
10-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Im' in this Friday!

mannycp
10-16-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm in. we really need to do this, please spread the word. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CasualApathy
10-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Is ayone working on a website?

Remember5thNovember.com

or...

November5th2007.com

SwordOfShannarah
10-16-2007, 05:29 PM

I'm out.

riiight.. because you don't like a movie that had almost no violence in it you will no longer join the rest of us to support Ron Paul.. LOL- as IF you're not a troll.

JC StyLEE
10-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Tom29...that was the stupidest post ever. Taking life a little too seriously lately? That movie = fiction. It's the message that's important.

Have some fun buddy.

I'm IN!!! Keep this post alive.

SwordOfShannarah
10-16-2007, 06:11 PM
just made a follow up thread here: http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=279289&posted=1#post279289

for those of you that want to take the approach described there..

justinc.1089
10-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Ok here's my take:

The 5th is it. If this idea goes over, and its going over because most people like it, then the date is out there too far now being promoted for it to change. A lot of people along with myself have already been promoting it so its too late to change it now. Sure another date may have been better, but some fan of Vendetta chose that and suggested the idea, so it has now stuck.

I don't particuarly like the fact this is being associated with the violence in the movie Vendetta either myself. It is only going to further show Ron Paul in too much of a "revolutionary" perspective, and not in a r[evol]ution persective.

However I love the strong anti-establishment, anti-government feel of the movie. And this is the main reason I like this idea, its showing organized dislike of too much government.

A website needs to be made quickly. Someone who is good with that MUST get to work on that ASAP.

We also need another youtube video that is better quality to promote this with less emphasis on the movie Vendetta. It also needs to be not only aimed towards younger people that don't have as much money and probably won't donate as much but also at older people that have more money and will be more willing to donate. I'm talking like 30-45 range there.

The important things are these in my opinion:

1. A website ASAP
2. A new youtube video with less Vendetta
3. Get Paul's grassroots moving with fundraising again to succeed this October AND succeed on the 5th of November.

justinc.1089
10-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Almost forgot two other very important things:

I think we should change the donation emphasis from $100 down to $50

Make the goal a reachable one such as 1-5 million in one day (I'm thinking the video's goal was much higher correct?)

But it might be a little too late to change those things.

We need to remember we have realisticly ONLY 1 WEEK to get this working.

We will need the next week and a half to actually be getting people to agree to do this.

If we don't get this out to nearly EVERY meetup group by next Monday, the 22nd, this will fail and only hurt October's fundraising.

skilt
10-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Guys, I posted this on another thread, but I feel it's important to the theme of the thread and the idea. We should begin giving en mass @ exactly 12am November the fifth in keeping in line with the movie. It would be for added shock value that could be reported in the early am hours and be followed throughout the day.

My thoughts

Sk

ronpaul4pres
10-16-2007, 07:10 PM
I don't have 100$.

Hey Ozzy!

I noticed your post. Do you have $8 for Ron Paul? If so, please sign my pledge:

http://www.pledgebank.com/8-for-rp-0ct20

It's mind boggling to think $8 will do anything, but I did the math and saw the power of the $8/week message. Here's the math:

http://ronpauldonations.blogspot.com/

Brian

EvilEngineer
10-16-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm in! Going to have to sell some blood first though.

Nathan Hale
10-16-2007, 07:13 PM
I have already found donors for 10x as much as I found in 3Q. We have more creditability now and I am finding it easier to find donors. What we need to do is focus on some key personalities with some major muscle, like Adam Curry.

If everyone found 10x as much in Q4 as we did in Q3 we'd raise about $50M. I don't think that is unrealistic.

Your personal experience is not a microcosm for the larger campaign. My numbers are based on how we're tracking so far, and they point to around $8.5 million for Q4.

$50 million? That's simply not a serious number.

FrankRep
10-16-2007, 07:13 PM
I'll donate $100 on Nov 5

Nathan Hale
10-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Aim for the stars, settle for the clouds, you know what I mean?

In real strategic planning, that's not how it works. Aiming for the unattainable in order to accept in the end a compromise of what is barely attainable is NOT the right attitude for this organization to take. Donors respond to barely reachable goals. $12 million is a barely reachable goal.

Chrispy
10-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Guys, I posted this on another thread, but I feel it's important to the theme of the thread and the idea. We should begin giving en mass @ exactly 12am November the fifth in keeping in line with the movie. It would be for added shock value that could be reported in the early am hours and be followed throughout the day.

My thoughts

Sk

This is a 100% surefire way to crash the ronpaul2008.com servers.

ronpaul4pres
10-16-2007, 07:26 PM
In real strategic planning, that's not how it works. Aiming for the unattainable in order to accept in the end a compromise of what is barely attainable is NOT the right attitude for this organization to take. Donors respond to barely reachable goals. $12 million is a barely reachable goal.

I like your sensibility. After just the first week in Q4 and especially even today, I recognize that this $12 million goal is in jeopardy.

But, I took it upon myself to crunch the numbers. Amanzingly, I found that if all of the small donors and even a big chunk of larger donors who previously donated gave just $8/week in Q4, then we could reach this amazing goal. I have some good information and math to back up my claim on this site for all to analyze:

In keeping with the message, I set up a pledge for 100 people to donate $8 by this Saturday:

I encourage any and all who can pledge $8 for Ron Paul to do so.

silverhandorder
10-16-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm in!

CasualApathy
10-16-2007, 08:00 PM
We still need the website. And it has to have a feature that lets people register and show that they will support the effort. Also a forum where we can discuss and coordinate that effort specifically.

Crunchy
10-16-2007, 09:24 PM
The whole idea is to make it fun, by using a fake character that is synonymous with a revolution.

I'm out.

CasualApathy
10-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Bump.

Is anyone working on this? (Website, Videos, Buzz)

AdamT
10-16-2007, 09:51 PM
This just got posted to my local Meetup. We are encouraging everyone to do this. I love V For Vendetta. It's one of my favorite films.

FrankRep
10-16-2007, 09:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_qmG1Ups8M

Another Nov 5 Video.

syborius
10-16-2007, 10:04 PM
This is a 100% surefire way to crash the ronpaul2008.com servers.

I wanted to say the same thing. These ideas sound a bit dangerous. Although I don't think they will get that many people donating all at once, it should be diffuse enough, but this seems very close like a plan to derail the servers. :rolleyes:

NinjaPirate
10-16-2007, 10:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_qmG1Ups8M

Another Nov 5 Video.

I like that one better. :D

FrankRep
10-16-2007, 10:11 PM
I like that one better. :D

A little choppy though. I love the concept.

justinc.1089
10-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Its much, much better than the other one, but I feel like its still waaay too much vendetta. I mean we are campaigning for Ron Paul, not Vendetta afterall....

But its good to see more videos for this being made because we need a good video for this to help promote it. Personally I think Paul needs to be worked in more and Vendetta out more, but just so there is some video to promote this with.

A website is important too. And making sure that no one waits to donote until Nov.5th because we want this to be additional. We don't want everyone to just donate on Nov.5th, so everyone needs to understand that.

SwordOfShannarah
10-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Ok here's my take:

The 5th is it. If this idea goes over, and its going over because most people like it, then the date is out there too far now being promoted for it to change. A lot of people along with myself have already been promoting it so its too late to change it now. Sure another date may have been better, but some fan of Vendetta chose that and suggested the idea, so it has now stuck.

I don't particuarly like the fact this is being associated with the violence in the movie Vendetta either myself. It is only going to further show Ron Paul in too much of a "revolutionary" perspective, and not in a r[evol]ution persective.

However I love the strong anti-establishment, anti-government feel of the movie. And this is the main reason I like this idea, its showing organized dislike of too much government.

A website needs to be made quickly. Someone who is good with that MUST get to work on that ASAP.

We also need another youtube video that is better quality to promote this with less emphasis on the movie Vendetta. It also needs to be not only aimed towards younger people that don't have as much money and probably won't donate as much but also at older people that have more money and will be more willing to donate. I'm talking like 30-45 range there.

The important things are these in my opinion:

1. A website ASAP
2. A new youtube video with less Vendetta
3. Get Paul's grassroots moving with fundraising again to succeed this October AND succeed on the 5th of November.

ok a lot of people are asking for a website. I just bought "THISNOVEMBER5TH.COM". I'm going to set up a template site with godaddy and use the feedburner service to handle the email subscriptions.

I'm thinking people can sign up via feedburner, and each day I'll send out the total number of sign ups. So we'll know exactly where we are and how much work we've got to do to get more people.

Most of the set up is pretty simple so I'm guessing it won't take me more than an hours work to set this all up, and less than a day for the domain to resolve.

CasualApathy
10-16-2007, 10:28 PM
ok a lot of people are asking for a website. I just bought "THISNOVEMBER5TH.COM". I'm going to set up a template site with godaddy and use the feedburner service to handle the email subscriptions.

I'm thinking people can sign up via feedburner, and each day I'll send out the total number of sign ups. So we'll know exactly where we are and how much work we've got to do to get more people.

Most of the set up is pretty simple so I'm guessing it won't take me more than an hours work to set this all up, and less than a day for the domain to resolve.

Dude, I think I'm falling in love with you. :D

Finally a website!

FrankRep
10-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Dude, I think I'm falling in love with you. :D

Finally a website!

eLove

skilt
10-16-2007, 10:49 PM
I wanted to say the same thing. These ideas sound a bit dangerous. Although I don't think they will get that many people donating all at once, it should be diffuse enough, but this seems very close like a plan to derail the servers. :rolleyes:

Guys, I see your point, but I don't think my idea will crash the server any more then trying to give 100k donations and people constantly hitting the site to follow progress which is what's going to happen. So, I'm donatin' at 12am on Nov 5th.

Sk

Patrick
10-16-2007, 11:41 PM
I made a video to help get the word out.

SwordOfShannarah
10-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Guys, I see your point, but I don't think my idea will crash the server any more then trying to give 100k donations and people constantly hitting the site to follow progress which is what's going to happen. So, I'm donatin' at 12am on Nov 5th.

Sk

Skilt- with all due respect I would bet a good amount of money that 100,000 people going to the site at once.. and more importantly 100,000 people using the credit card processor at once would indeed cause many many problems if not crash the site. Perhaps the site alone could handle the traffic, but I would say 99% no way that the CC card processor could handle it.

John of Des Moines
10-16-2007, 11:56 PM
I made a video to help get the word out.

Excellent Video!!! :D :D :D

I've posted November 5th Donation Day on calendars of the Iowa meetup group I organize and emailed the others.

justinc.1089
10-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Ok crashing the site is something that needs to be considered if it actually is a possibility. If the site's fundraising/money section thing (like my technical terms there?) crashes what exactly does that mean will happen? It will just be down for like 2-8 hours?

And I'm glad to see this getting organized so quickly with a site being worked on and videos, thats a really good sign this could and will happen.

synthetic
10-17-2007, 12:25 AM
100,000 donations? Man oh man. Another good idea gone wrong. Question - does Ron have 100,000 individual donors combined since he announced? Here's a hint - stop shooting for the impossible. This ranks up there with the $100M in 3 months idea. Aim lower - way lower and try to hit it something. Making it 10,000 donors would set the goal of $1M in a day. A "million dollar monday" (the 5th happens to be a monday) would be unbelievable. Ron would faint. I don't think 1mil is even possible but this $10M business is just silly.

SwordOfShannarah
10-17-2007, 12:28 AM
Ok crashing the site is something that needs to be considered if it actually is a possibility. If the site's fundraising/money section thing (like my technical terms there?) crashes what exactly does that mean will happen? It will just be down for like 2-8 hours?

And I'm glad to see this getting organized so quickly with a site being worked on and videos, thats a really good sign this could and will happen.

It's not going to be a problem. We could never get everyone to do it at the exact same time anyway.

I've got the site up. It's just a start and still needs some work but you can sign up for the feedburner email list right now and also tell other friends to go and sign up. I'll start sending out our numbers tomorrow.

http://www.thisnovember5th.com

I'll be fixing a bunch of little things, I'll add the other videos as well..

brumans
10-17-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm going to attempt to make a good November 5th youtube video. I'll start tomorrow.

The website needs a makeover as well... who here is good at web designing?

You should post another thread somewhere asking that question.. I know a few people here can hook us up.

BTW, great choice on the domain name. I like it better than the others.

enjoiskaterguy
10-17-2007, 01:54 AM
Great Idea...I have been speading this message all through out my emials and on youtube.

I'm in.

MAKE THIS STICKY!!!

pyrazole2
10-17-2007, 06:08 AM
No way connected? Have you even seen the movie?

It seemed that way to you did it? That's an interesting interpretation.

Watch it again, carefully. It's not an interpretation.

PaulineDisciple
10-17-2007, 06:41 AM
Count me in.

skilt
10-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Skilt- with all due respect I would bet a good amount of money that 100,000 people going to the site at once.. and more importantly 100,000 people using the credit card processor at once would indeed cause many many problems if not crash the site. Perhaps the site alone could handle the traffic, but I would say 99% no way that the CC card processor could handle it.

But, what then do you suggest, People donate at a specific time corresponding to the first letter of their last name???? I'm mean 100k in 24 hours no matter what the time is going to stress the server, I would think. I'm open to other thoughts, but my reasoning was in keeping with the ideals of the movie.

Thx

Sk

Severius
10-17-2007, 09:35 AM

I suggest you do the same, your interpretation of the film is inaccurate.

justinc.1089
10-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Ok you two don't need to fight over the movie, we all know its anti-government is some form or some way so thats all that really matters.

This probably should be a sticky, I agree with whoever said that. And yeah the goal needs to be 1 million in 1 day, not anything unrealistic that we won't possibly reach.

kevman657
10-17-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm in.

kylejack
10-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Well, then what is your take on the movie? I am asserting that the crux of the movie was to create a dysfunctional anarchy that would lead to a 'survival of the fittest' situation. The fact that the character, V, deemed that killing individuals who were in no way connected to the government (although they weren't 'with him') with his own bare hands was ok, is not patriotic as the movie promotes.
Who are you referring to? The people on V's list were the ones running the government experimentation on him at the concentration camp. Others killed were police officers with the police state.

Ridiculous
10-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Associating Ron Paul or his supporters with violent revolutionaries is a bad idea. it will really play to the kooky image that the media is trying to paint.

Yes, I realize that the founding father's were violent revolutionaries.
I even really like V for Vendetta.

But it is a really bad idea from a marketing standpoint. You don't want to associate Paul or his supporters with blowing shit up....

kylejack
10-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Associating Ron Paul or his supporters with violent revolutionaries is a bad idea. it will really play to the kooky image that the media is trying to paint.

Yes, I realize that the founding father's were violent revolutionaries.
I even really like V for Vendetta.

But it is a really bad idea from a marketing standpoint. You don't want to associate Paul or his supporters with blowing shit up....
Okay, so what you seem to be saying here is not to associate Ron Paul with the founding fathers.

Mortikhi
10-17-2007, 11:37 AM
I resemble that remark, and so do our Forefathers.

Ridiculous
10-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Okay, so what you seem to be saying here is not to associate Ron Paul with the founding fathers.

You are missing the point. How is it possibly a good thing to associate Paul supporters with blowing things up?

Associate him with the founding fathers ideals, absolutely. But associating any political campaign with violence in todays society is just plain stupid.

Maybe violent revolution will be necessary again one day in America, hopefully not. But associating a candidate with violence, right now in today's America, is no way to get him elected.

FrankRep
10-17-2007, 11:51 AM
You are missing the point. How is it possibly a good thing to associate Paul supporters with blowing things up?

Associate him with the founding fathers ideals, absolutely. But associating any political campaign with violence in todays society is just plain stupid.

I don't know, the founding fathers were terrorists in the eyes of the British. They were extremists!

kylejack
10-17-2007, 11:51 AM

We're associating this with V for Vendetta's ideals, not its violence. Its violence will have nothing to do with this fundraiser.

FrankRep
10-17-2007, 11:52 AM
We're associating this with V for Vendetta's ideals, not its violence. Its violence will have nothing to do with this fundraiser.
The Revolutionary war was kinda violent.

Suzu
10-17-2007, 11:55 AM
But, what then do you suggest, People donate at a specific time corresponding to the first letter of their last name???? I'm mean 100k in 24 hours no matter what the time is going to stress the server, I would think. I'm open to other thoughts

Donating on the website is just one option.

You can send a check. You can donate over the phone.

Vetalem
10-17-2007, 11:56 AM
In for $100

Ridiculous
10-17-2007, 12:01 PM

I like the movie and I understand its ideals. Many people won't.

+ The hero in the movie uses violence as a means to an end, that isn't what this campaign is about.

You don't want to come even close to implying that if Ron Paul's supporters are some kind of freedom vigilantes who might blow shit up....

kylejack
10-17-2007, 12:02 PM
+ The hero in the movie uses violence as a means to an end, that isn't what this campaign is about.

So could you describe again how this is different than the founding fathers?

Brinck Slattery
10-17-2007, 12:03 PM
I don't really know how to convince people that your average American doesn't look kindly upon violent revolutions in the year 2007. Most people don't know what happened during the Revolutionary war, the guerrilla tactics used, etc. and think a bunch of guys whose names they can't remember met up in Philadelphia and wrote up the Constitution and bill of rights as they are now.

But most people do know that Hugo Weaving and Natalie Portman were in a movie called V for Vendetta, whose charismatic, mildly psychotic anti-hero was persecuted by a totalitarian, Nazi-styled (in the movie, anyways) government, and reacted to his long history of abuse through vendetta murder and, in the end, suicide terrorism. This is not the kind of victim complex we want people to see Ron Paul supporters as having.

I know, I know, Thomas Jefferson said the tree of liberty must be refreshed by the blood of patriots from time to time, etc. etc., but that's just not the framework your average voter is operating in.

But whatever, everyone do what they want to do, just think about your actions and how they reflect on the candidate you're trying to support.

I'll give 100 bucks on November 5th, and I hope he raises a mil in one day. That would rock.

Ridiculous
10-17-2007, 12:07 PM
I don't really know how to convince people that your average American doesn't look kindly upon violent revolutions in the year 2007. Most people don't know what happened during the Revolutionary war, the guerrilla tactics used, etc. and think a bunch of guys whose names they can't remember met up in Philadelphia and wrote up the Constitution and bill of rights as they are now.

But most people do know that Hugo Weaving and Natalie Portman were in a movie called V for Vendetta, whose charismatic, mildly psychotic anti-hero was persecuted by a totalitarian, Nazi-styled (in the movie, anyways) government, and reacted to his long history of abuse through vendetta murder and, in the end, suicide terrorism. This is not the kind of victim complex we want people to see Ron Paul supporters as having.

I know, I know, Thomas Jefferson said the tree of liberty must be refreshed by the blood of patriots from time to time, etc. etc., but that's just not the framework your average voter is operating in.

But whatever, everyone do what they want to do, just think about your actions and how they reflect on the candidate you're trying to support.

I'll give 100 bucks on November 5th, and I hope he raises a mil in one day. That would rock.

Exactly. You pretty much put my thoughts into words. I just don't have time to type more than a couple of sentences at work.

Do you get it now KyleJack?

Plan A: Get Ron Paul elected (and to get him elected you have to play to the mindset of the average american voter)

Plan B: see my sig quote, hopefully it won't come to that, as Jefferson said, it is a last resort

associating Ron Paul with a violent revolution is just plain bad marketing. Fight smart.

kylejack
10-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Exactly. You pretty much put my thoughts into words. I just don't have time to type more than a couple of sentences at work.

Do you get it now KyleJack?
Yes. You think the average voter is stupid. If you are right, the campaign is futile, so I'll have to assume that you're wrong.

fightfortruth
10-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Halloween, Guy Fawkes costumes, tons of fliers? Anyone?

I was actually planning on doing that myself. :-)

I definately see a good opportunity on halloween to do something gfood for Ron Paul. I just don'e know what i am going to do yet.

Vaughn
10-17-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm giving 100 on November 5th! Personally, I think it is a good marketing tactic. Also remember V for Vendetta was just a movie...lol

mconder
10-17-2007, 12:10 PM
I don't have 100$.

You have some time to save. Go mow someone's yard or something. Sell comething on EBay that you really don't use anymore.

LFOD
10-17-2007, 12:11 PM
I've donated twice to the campaign and plan to do so again. The $1 million in 1 day concept is great.

Two thumbs WAY DOWN on any association with any movie. There is no upside to it. It merely gives an opportunity to those that would use the movie against RP.

Stick with the basics. $1 million in one day would be a tremendous achievement. All positive, no negative.

NinjaPirate
10-17-2007, 12:27 PM
I'll do my best to donate 100 bones on the 5th. However, I prefer the idea of doing this on the day of the Boston Tea Party (16 Dec) over 5 Nov. It's not associated with violence, and it lessens the risk of us looking "kooky." Plus, it better represents us, as it is part of OUR history instead of England's.

Ridiculous
10-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Yes. You think the average voter is stupid. If you are right, the campaign is futile, so I'll have to assume that you're wrong.

The average american voter may not be stupid, but just ill informed (some are pretty stupid though). You have to consider that the average American doesn't pay too much attention to politics, they are more concerned with voting for the next American Idol...

But the campaign isn't futile, you just have to be smart about your marketing and make sure your aren't going to alienate one segment of voters while targeting another. You have to think about how your time and money are going to be the most effective and how the message is going to reach the most ammount of people with the least ammount of possible negative impact. One of the things about grassroots is that people have all of these grandiose ideas but 0 marketing experience. And some ideas, while well intentioned are pretty awful... And they don't think about the negatives.

Besides thinking about how much what you are about to do might help Ron Paul, you have to also consider how it might hurt his campaign.

kylejack
10-17-2007, 12:43 PM
You're not going to stop this day, so why don't you come up with an alternate theme? You're not going to stop anything here on the forums.

maiki
10-17-2007, 12:52 PM
I don't like the mixing of Guy Fawkes with the Campaign (V for Vendetta is not in any way representative of the gunpowder plot, why the british celebrate on that day, or the general perception of it, and the lack of separation of Church and State. It shows a complete ignorance of history and cultural awareness. V for Vendetta is fiction, after all). On the other hand, if you guys can really donate 10 million on one day I don't care what symbolism the day has or doesn't have.

Ridiculous
10-17-2007, 12:54 PM
You're not going to stop this day, so why don't you come up with an alternate theme? You're not going to stop anything here on the forums.

There have been plenty of good ideas already, like moving a push for donations on the 4th as a show of the support Paul will have at the polls, date of the Boston Tea Party, etc....

FrankRep
10-17-2007, 12:56 PM
There have been plenty of good ideas already, like moving a push for donations on the 4th as a show of the support Paul will have at the polls, date of the Boston Tea Party, etc....

I don't know if I want to be associated with the Boston Tea Party. That was a criminal act!

fightfortruth
10-17-2007, 12:56 PM
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to put web banners on my myspace apge or put it on someones comment page on Myspace.

Someone had a banner for the 5th of November thing and I was wanting to advertise it.

If someone could tell me how to do this it would be great.

NinjaPirate
10-17-2007, 12:57 PM
I don't know if I want to be associated with the Boston Tea Party. That was a criminal act!

And i suppose blowing up Parliment is okay? :p

Taco John
10-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Count me in. I won't sign up on the pledge bank (I'm a stickler for privacy), but Ron Paul can count on my November 5th donation of $100.

Taco John
10-17-2007, 01:01 PM
I'll do my best to donate 100 bones on the 5th. However, I prefer the idea of doing this on the day of the Boston Tea Party (16 Dec) over 5 Nov. It's not associated with violence, and it lessens the risk of us looking "kooky." Plus, it better represents us, as it is part of OUR history instead of England's.

I'm down for another $100 on December 16th too! :D

NinjaPirate
10-17-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm down for another $100 on December 16th too! :D

Haha, we can make the Tea Party December's theme! :D

FrankRep
10-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Haha, we can make the Tea Party December's theme! :D

Anything associated with people getting their freedoms back from the government should be fair game to celebrate. We should use the Civil Right movement somehow as well.

justinc.1089
10-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Yeah I agree, the Boston Tea Party will be done in December, but for that one we should go for $50 donations from people because we would probably end up with way more people willing to donate $50 than $100, so it would probably be even more successful and get more attention after we have done it once in November.

And I agree associating Paul with Vendetta is a bad idea. Thats why I have been saying Vendetta needs to be minimized to just saying Remember, remember, the fifth of november basically, and the meaning of Nov.5th needs to be emphasized, and then Ron Paul and the oppression of our government needs to be emphasized the most, just like any other campaign ideas for him.

So I say Vendetta minimum to none on the website, promotions, and videos,

Nov.5th and its importance emphasized somewhat

And our corrupted government and Ron Paul emphasized the most.

We have to realize the media is looking for ANYTHING to say bad about Ron Paul. Glenn Beck has been going crazy to be able to find something to really slam Ron Paul with, and if we promote this with Vendetta that will give them what they're looking for, and it could prevent us from gaining a lot of votes if people see that on television because they will believe it.

So while I'm all for this idea, the influence of Vendetta must be kept at a minimum, and the idea of people making a united stand for freedom must be emphasized. Afterall thats the whole point of this anyway, not destroying the government but uniting for freedom.

justinc.1089
10-17-2007, 02:09 PM
bump

yoshimaroka
10-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Does anyone have those great pictures of Ron Paul at the Chicago rally? I'm trying to throw together a real nice graphic for this5thnovember.com

kylejack
10-17-2007, 03:09 PM
We have to realize the media is looking for ANYTHING to say bad about Ron Paul. Glenn Beck has been going crazy to be able to find something to really slam Ron Paul with, and if we promote this with Vendetta that will give them what they're looking for, and it could prevent us from gaining a lot of votes if people see that on television because they will believe it.

I don't agree at all. Glenn Beck has had many positive things to say about Ron Paul, and some negative. The media already has a juicy story from Ron Paul's past and they aren't using it, so I don't think the media is out to get him. Not yet, anyway. V for Vendetta among his supporters pales in comparison to the potential damage of that other thing.

brumans
10-17-2007, 03:10 PM
I don't agree at all. Glenn Beck has had many positive things to say about Ron Paul, and some negative. The media already has a juicy story from Ron Paul's past and they aren't using it, so I don't think the media is out to get him. Not yet, anyway. V for Vendetta among his supporters pales in comparison to the potential damage of that other thing.

What juicy story is that?

NinjaPirate
10-17-2007, 03:13 PM
What juicy story is that?

I think he might be referring to Ron Paul's news letter and that racist article.

Severius
10-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Associating Ron Paul or his supporters with violent revolutionaries is a bad idea.

So it's a bad thing to associate RP with George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Samuel Adams, John Adams, Paul Revere, Alexander Hamilton, Thomas Paine, John Hancock, Nathan Hale, Josiah Bartlett, William Whipple, Matthew Thornton, Robert Treat Paine, Elbridge Gerry, Stephen Hopkins, William Ellery, Roger Sherman, Samuel Huntington, William Williams, Oliver Wolcott, William Floyd, Philip Livingston, Francis Lewis, Lewis Morris, Richard Stockton, John Witherspoon, Francis Hopkinson, John Hart, Abraham Clark, Robert Morris, Benjamin Rush, Benjamin Franklin, John Morton, George Clymer, James Smith, George Taylor, James Wilson, George Ross, George Read, Caesar Rodney, Thomas McKean, Samuel Chase, William Paca, Thomas Stone, Charles Carroll of Carrollton, George Wythe, Richard Henry Lee, Benjamin Harrison, Thomas Nelson, Jr., Francis Lightfoot Lee, Carter Braxton, William Hooper, Joseph Hewes, John Penn, Edward Rutledge, Thomas Heyward, Jr., Thomas Lynch, Jr., Arthur Middleton, Button Gwinnett, Lyman Hall, George Walton, Matt Bechtel, Kevin Gledhill and Dan Stevens? Just to name a few "violent revolutionaries" that fought and died for the freedom you exercise every day you don't have military troops forcibly stationed in your home (to name one Liberty they had to fight for).

DjLoTi
10-17-2007, 03:54 PM
I'll pledge 100$ for this

yoshimaroka
10-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Now that we have thisnovember5th.com
I made a mockup image for us to build on:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1604157239&size=o

brumans
10-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Now that we have thisnovember5th.com
I made a mockup image for us to build on:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1604157239&size=o

Awesome. I'm definitely going to include this in the video I'm making.

BIG_J
10-17-2007, 04:04 PM
That is a sweet f'n picture. Wow!!!!!!

reduen
10-17-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm in for at least $100 here!

Has the date been settled? (I like Nov 11th)

Is there an official web site for this yet? :)

mannycp
10-17-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm in for at least $100 here!

Has the date been settled? (I like Nov 11th)

Is there an official web site for this yet? :)
www.THISNOVEMBER5TH.COM

reduen
10-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Thank you Mannycp...

yoshimaroka
Who's in charge of the website and the coding? I'll help out with the graphics as show above. Let's do it

mannycp
bump

brumans
10-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Get a web designer here to help you out with that site...

reduen
10-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Ok, I signed up but have not recieved the confirmation email yet. I do not have a spam filter sooo.?.?

yoshimaroka
10-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Attention web designers! Calling all web designers! Are you out there?

reduen
10-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Just got the confimation message by the way.

ClockwiseSpark
10-17-2007, 06:11 PM

I've seen it many times and have no need to watch it again. For you to say "he certainly appeared to want to kill his neighbors" is at best absurd. Then you say your interpretation isn't an intepretation. What is it? Proven fact?
I'm afraid you've placed too much value on your opinion.

ItsTime
10-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Throw up a WP Blog on it. Easy to make a header and side bar images. Thats my two cents. I could host it on one of my servers too if need be. I have a ton of bandwith to blow (4408 GB).

Attention web designers! Calling all web designers! Are you out there?

yoshimaroka
10-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Just need to overlay the existing text, the input field and the subscribe button on-top of this image: http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1606547416&size=o

Center everything and have a black background.

I'm hoping SwordOfShannarah can help since he put the site up:
www.thisnovember5th.com

mannycp
10-17-2007, 06:25 PM
bump

ItsTime
10-17-2007, 06:25 PM
That shouldnt be too hard.

Just need to overlay the existing text, the input field and the subscribe button on-top of this image: http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1606547416&size=o

Center everything and have a black background.

I'm hoping SwordOfShannarah can help since he put the site up:
www.thisnovember5th.com

SwordOfShannarah
10-17-2007, 06:36 PM

Maybe violent revolution will be necessary again one day in America, hopefully not. But associating a candidate with violence, right now in today's America, is no way to get him elected.

The blowing things up was really just symbolic, as was the whole movie. The message we'll send isn't just for the MSM and their spin (remember what the public really thought of the spin the MSM was putting out in that movie?).

This is a message to all people in America (poor, elite, middle class, black, white, etc) that it's time to change the status quo.

Ridiculous
10-17-2007, 06:43 PM
The blowing things up was really just symbolic, as was the whole movie. The message we'll send isn't just for the MSM and their spin (remember what the public really thought of the spin the MSM was putting out in that movie?).

This is a message to all people in America (poor, elite, middle class, black, white, etc) that it's time to change the status quo.

This person says it pretty well

SwordOfShannarah
10-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Throw up a WP Blog on it. Easy to make a header and side bar images. Thats my two cents. I could host it on one of my servers too if need be. I have a ton of bandwith to blow (4408 GB).

OK I've fixed up the site a little bit. I used a template to get things going quickly.

I would have used wordpress but you can't put javascript on it (if you host with them) and I need javascript for the feedburner email sign up list.

So right now 19 people have signed up. I'll put more work into the site, but please sign up to show me this is worth the time!

Everyone likes the idea of signing up for a mailing list, getting a daily update of the numbers and building it up that way right? If so good- please sign up and lets get this thing rolling. The look of the site is only 10% as important as getting people to sign up. At least that's what I'm thinking..

If someone sees problems with the site let me know. I'll do my best to implement suggestions. If we get more sign ups I can design a site.. but I need more motivation than just 19 people! :) Fair enough?

yoshimaroka
10-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey SwordOfShannarah, did you receive my PM? I can make the same sort of graphic banners so people can put it on their own website.

SwordOfShannarah
10-17-2007, 06:51 PM
This person says it pretty well

Well we're all different. For me the movie was a crystal clear catalytic criticism covering the calamity that is the current condition of our country. ;)

We're asking people to donate money- the gesture is to say we won't take it anymore. I hardly doubt the public will think a bunch of money donated to Ron Paul means we want violence. If anything its an affirmation of our firm belief in the political process.

Violence was merely a prop in the movie, not the message.

mannycp
10-17-2007, 06:55 PM
OK I've fixed up the site a little bit. I used a template to get things going quickly.

I would have used wordpress but you can't put javascript on it (if you host with them) and I need javascript for the feedburner email sign up list.

So right now 19 people have signed up. I'll put more work into the site, but please sign up to show me this is worth the time!

Everyone likes the idea of singing up for a mailing list, getting a daily update of the numbers and building it up that way right? If so good- please sign up and lets get this thing rolling. The look of the site is only 10% as important as getting people to sign up. At least that's what I'm thinking..

If someone sees problems with the site let me know. I'll do my best to implement suggestions. If we get more sign ups I can design a site.. but I need more motivation than just 19 people! :) Fair enough?

Your doing a great job. Thank you!!!!!!!
I have already signed up and will be spreading the word out about http://www.thisnovember5th.com

SwordOfShannarah
10-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Hey SwordOfShannarah, did you receive my PM? I can make the same sort of graphic banners so people can put it on their own website.

Wow!!! As I told you in my pm back I'm going to build out a site based on your image. I'll get rid of the template. This looks great!!!!

Just give me a day or two to get it all set. If people can start making banners I'll end up making a page that lists them all along with copy and paste code to share them with.

Please push the site and it will improve as we go along. Thanks to all!!

mannycp
10-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Could we have someone put the
http://www.thisnovember5th.com/ website link on the home page of this forum?

Nathan Hale
10-17-2007, 08:32 PM
I like your sensibility. After just the first week in Q4 and especially even today, I recognize that this $12 million goal is in jeopardy.

But, I took it upon myself to crunch the numbers. Amanzingly, I found that if all of the small donors and even a big chunk of larger donors who previously donated gave just $8/week in Q4, then we could reach this amazing goal. I have some good information and math to back up my claim on this site for all to analyze:

In keeping with the message, I set up a pledge for 100 people to donate $8 by this Saturday:

I encourage any and all who can pledge $8 for Ron Paul to do so.

I agree with you, this is attainable - barely. There's a chance, but we're going to have to work for it. My argument in this thread is that we should work for the $12M goal, and not periodically segue into high fantasy with ideas like "$50M on Nov 5th!" or "$100M in Q4!". These "goals" are just plain stupid.

paulitics
10-17-2007, 08:41 PM
I agree with you, this is attainable - barely. There's a chance, but we're going to have to work for it. My argument in this thread is that we should work for the $12M goal, and not periodically segue into high fantasy with ideas like "$50M on Nov 5th!" or "$100M in Q4!". These "goals" are just plain stupid.

I agree, and they will interfere with the goals already layed out. This 4 million dollar goal is still attainable because the last week of the month will be a sharp increase. This silly, unreachable Nov 5th goal, is just going to suck away the life from the excitement we get when the meter goes up.

SwordOfShannarah
10-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Switching the site over to the new template. It will be down for just a few hours.

syborius
10-17-2007, 08:48 PM

This is all a good way to distract energy away from good goals already in place, wake up. These are open forums, watch out for the energy vamps. :mad:

Derek Johnson
10-17-2007, 09:01 PM

"I agree with you, this is attainable - barely."

Then get busy promoting it.

"There's a chance, but we're going to have to work for it. "

Right

"My argument in this thread is that we should work for the $12M goal"

That will be achieved with a big gain on 11-5.

"and not periodically segue into high fantasy with ideas like "$50M on Nov 5th!" or "$100M in Q4!". "

Who said that? 10 million is lofty, but 100,000 donars is a strong possibility.

$100 on 11-5? I'm in. Are you?

inibo
10-17-2007, 09:21 PM
think yer' funny huh? grammarian's. ;)

"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." ~Mark Twain

BTW, I'm in. FWIW, I had no idea what John Lennon's song Remember (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/l/lennon+john/remember_20082521.html) was about till I saw V.

Boom