PDA

View Full Version : Don't flock to Hannity but I have news!!

johnrocks
10-15-2007, 09:00 PM
We have been discussing why the debates are not equal for all the candidates and one of the moderators has graciously volunteered to allow the candidates to come there and debate one on one; say Paul vs. Romney or whatever. He will set up another forum with voice software so that they can discuss the issues. This could reach hundreds of thousands and even make it's way on the radio. What say anyone. Is this something s/o could get to HQ and run with?:D

Geronimo
10-15-2007, 09:06 PM
It's too bad that I got banned there when I did. I'd really like to see this happen.

Ozwest
10-15-2007, 09:08 PM
We have been discussing why the debates are not equal for all the candidates and one of the moderators has graciously volunteered to allow the candidates to come there and debate one on one; say Paul vs. Romney or whatever. He will set up another forum with voice software so that they can discuss the issues. This could reach hundreds of thousands and even make it's way on the radio. What say anyone. Is this something s/o could get to HQ and run with?:D

I checked out the Hannity site a couple of days ago, and you are a legend.

Taco John
10-15-2007, 09:08 PM
I don't understand what's going on here...

RoamZero
10-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Are you talking about an open debate amongst supporters? Because otherwise it wouldn't be in Rudy Mcromson's interest when they/it can hog all the time in the unfair debates.

johnrocks
10-15-2007, 09:13 PM
I checked out the Hannity site a couple of days ago, and you are a legend.

I've taken more hits for the good Doctor over there than a boxer's sparring partner:D Thanks!

johnrocks
10-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Are you talking about an open debate amongst supporters? Because otherwise it wouldn't be in Rudy Mcromson's interest when they/it can hog all the time in the unfair debates.

No, I am talking about Ron Paul sitting at a computer and say Guillini setting at a computer taking turns debating the issues,answering questions submitted by forum members etc.

mesler
10-15-2007, 09:16 PM
I've taken more hits for the good Doctor over there than a boxer's sparring partner:D Thanks!

Man, that place wears me out. Haven't posted in weeks. I won't give my nick, but suffice it to say I have an old school conservative avatar. :D

johnrocks
10-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Man, that place wears me out. Haven't posted in weeks. I won't give my nick, but suffice it to say I have an old school conservative avatar. :D

I have the same username at both places, I have set myself up!:eek: Just noticed we are from same state!

AdamT
10-15-2007, 09:20 PM
No, I am talking about Ron Paul sitting at a computer and say Guillini setting at a computer taking turns debating the issues,answering questions submitted by forum members etc.

I can't imagine the Ghoul agreeing to do this.

ronpaulyourmom
10-15-2007, 09:21 PM
John, I would say the odds of getting Rudy or any other top tier candidate in on that is very low. Most Hannity listeners do not frequent the forums, it's a very small group in there. The only payoff would be Hannity's radio show, but there's you'd probably never get a top tier candidate to commit unless the radio show was for sure.

I think its a huge uphill battle. Lets focus on getting new voters, not convincing the junkies who've already made up their minds.

born2drv
10-15-2007, 09:21 PM
I hope the forums there are more peaceful then when I was banned. Sounds like they're treating Paul a bit better from the sounds of it.

I don't think you'd ever get Romney, Guiliani, McCain, Thompson, etc to ever debate Paul 1-1.....

V4Vendetta
10-15-2007, 09:22 PM
It's too bad that I got banned there when I did. I'd really like to see this happen.

V4Vendetta
10-15-2007, 09:23 PM
"VOICE SOFTWARE" WTF does that mean?

Geronimo
10-15-2007, 09:27 PM
"VOICE SOFTWARE" WTF does that mean?

I'm going to use my brain here for a second, and then I'll go back to sleep.

Voice software enables your voice to be converted into text.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

austin356
10-15-2007, 09:28 PM

OoOoH HEY its you John!

Did not know you posted over here; But anyways the Hannity forums would be absolutely and completely unbearable if you and a few others of reason were not consistently speaking truth through a little bit of reason and logic!

johnrocks
10-15-2007, 09:28 PM
o.k. no one thinks it's a good idea;maybe it isn't. If I get more details I will pass them on. God night all!

johnrocks
10-15-2007, 09:30 PM
OoOoH HEY its you John!

Did not know you posted over here; But anyways the Hannity forums would be absolutely and completely unbearable if you and a few others of reason were not consistently speaking truth through a little bit of reason and logic!

And who might you be over there?:) Thanks btw for the compliment.

steph3n
10-15-2007, 09:31 PM
And who might you be over there?:) Thanks btw for the compliment.

i have made some compliments toward the change there in recent weeks, there are a number with 6k+ posts regularly getting Dr Paul into the discussions :)

ronpaulyourmom
10-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Yes John, I basically skip every thread until I see a post addressed to or by you. You're the only reason I visit that forum at all. :)

P.S. Chaoscontrol is cool too, I think that's the persons name anyway.

hard@work
10-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Better yet, let Ron Paul come alone to discuss their concerns about his policies directly.

trispear
10-15-2007, 10:02 PM
I hope the forums there are more peaceful then when I was banned. Sounds like they're treating Paul a bit better from the sounds of it.Not really.

For instance, all the pro-Paul threads are lately being lumped together as one thread with the excuse that the forums are not to serve to promote any one candidate. However, all the anti-Paul threads are allowed to co-exist peacefully on their own.

If you are a new fan pro-Paul, you can get kicked off very easily. People who spout vitriol against him, OTOH....

And all the moderators are vitriolic against him and it seems the moderating of the forums become skewed the way they wish.

I would rather not promote that forum, it's worthless to me personally. Sorry John, I admire what you are doing for us there, but this idea will not gain traction among the "top tier" candidates as they have nothing to gain from it -- their ideas are bankrupt and it will force them to go beyond prepared sound bites.

Though maybe RP vs. Huckabee would be good to see.

hard@work
10-15-2007, 10:29 PM
I have to say after reading the Hannity forums I've noticed two things:

1. They are the least intellectual forum I have ever visited, and this includes video game forums. Geeks can debate and are better educated on the issues than that crowd.

2. The text is nice and big so you can easily read it. I no longer wonder why that is.

It's not so much that I mind difference in opinion, I do not. I enjoy a good debate and it's the duty of every American to look at other opinions to review. However that website is full of ignorance and stupidity. I hate to say it so harshly but it is true. It's not that they do or do not have valid opinions - they simply do not even understand their own opinions. I have yet to see one post there from someone that could win an actual on the podium debate on their own issues. I suppose that it's not really that much to wonder about though. It is a FOX news show forum ... obviously they will be basing their opinions on what they "heard on TV" as opposed to what world experience they've gained.

trispear
10-15-2007, 11:21 PM
The problem isn't that the forum members are stupid or anything, it's that they equate being a good Republican with being a patriot. They are tied to a narrow worldview that has false presumptions.

You know: Democrats are evil. Republicans are always good. Liberals are evil. Fox news is good or neutral. The MSM is Liberal. Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh are different than the rest of the pundits. Etcetera.

When it becomes a US vs. THEM mentality, intellectual efforts to reach anybody become impossible or impossible.

I seen the attitude in my father and his peers and they are otherwise smart men who have succeed in life (live comfortably). My father was reached because I talked to him about Ron Paul (recently) and about Fox News (and all MSM) over the years.

That's the way to get some of these people. Others are hopeless, the Party and what it dictates to them will always be just under the word of God to them.

Matt Collins
10-15-2007, 11:21 PM
I keep getting banned on Hannitys site for no reason. I don't get their moderation over there - asshats

RP4ME
10-15-2007, 11:27 PM
why cant they do it on tv versus behind a computer?????

austin356
10-15-2007, 11:58 PM
I keep getting banned on Hannitys site for no reason. I don't get their moderation over there - asshats

hummm;

I always have something controversial to say..... such as "Abolish the Federal Government, it's tyrannical" and stuff like that; They have never messed w/ me.

Did you not have much posting history before you started paulifying the boards?

hard@work
10-16-2007, 12:50 AM
The problem isn't that the forum members are stupid or anything, it's that they equate being a good Republican with being a patriot. They are tied to a narrow worldview that has false presumptions.

You know: Democrats are evil. Republicans are always good. Liberals are evil. Fox news is good or neutral. The MSM is Liberal. Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh are different than the rest of the pundits. Etcetera.

When it becomes a US vs. THEM mentality, intellectual efforts to reach anybody become impossible or impossible.

I seen the attitude in my father and his peers and they are otherwise smart men who have succeed in life (live comfortably). My father was reached because I talked to him about Ron Paul (recently) and about Fox News (and all MSM) over the years.

That's the way to get some of these people. Others are hopeless, the Party and what it dictates to them will always be just under the word of God to them.

I'm not so sure. Believe me I'm the last one to insult a group of people. This type of monolothic mindsetting is pretty indicative to me of extremely weak willed individuals, and I'm going to say on the lower scale of the IQ rankings to boot.

*shrug*

Perhaps it's just groupthink and perhaps I'm being a little rough. I'm telling you though.. that text is huge for a reason. As for the party dictating anything ... well, we are the party. And them not understanding that just adds to my beliefs.

;-)

Matt Collins
10-16-2007, 01:03 AM
hummm;

I always have something controversial to say..... such as "Abolish the Federal Government, it's tyrannical" and stuff like that; They have never messed w/ me.

Did you not have much posting history before you started paulifying the boards?I was very subtle about it, trying not to be obvious, or an outright RP troll.

trispear
10-16-2007, 01:51 AM
I keep getting banned on Hannitys site for no reason. I don't get their moderation over there - asshatsOne reason you "keep" getting banned is that retreads are not allowed - if they have evidence you were on there under another name before, they'll ban you automatically.

That said, no one else don't sign up and start taking pro-Paul positions - they'll find you a reason to ban you and will give you a million times less slack than anyone else.

I think, longterm, they are shooting themselves in the foot. Ron Paul is mostly only taking positions that the republicans said they would implement in 1994 as they swept into office. They say RP supporters are deluging their forum but in reality that is the only Republican candidate garnering interest at the grassroots level. Rather than embracing these people, they are doing everything in their power to alienate us from them.
Believe me I'm the last one to insult a group of people. This type of monolothic mindsetting is pretty indicative to me of extremely weak willed individuals, and I'm going to say on the lower scale of the IQ rankings to boot.Oh, you can insult them all you want, I personally think many of them have their heads up where the sun don't shine, are hypocritical, and like Hannity don't tolerate honest debate well (this forum seems to need much less active censorship even though individuals are all diverse) but I just don't think they are stupid. Myopic, intolerant, ignorant jackasses who can't grasp nuance and think Colbert is on their side maybe, but not stupid:p