PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross takes issue with Peter Schiff

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-31-2010, 03:40 AM
You may be asking yourself 'who is Jim Ross'? Mr. Ross is a longtime broadcaster for WWE/WWF which is the business that is majority owned by Linda McMahons Husband, Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Even if you have never watched a WWE/WWF broadcast you will be familiar with Mr. Ross since he is the one who gets kicked in the groin over and over again in Peter Schiff's latest video. Well it appears that Jim Ross is not a fan of this video and really takes issue with Peter Schiff in his latest blog.

Keep in mind that this blog is read by thousands of wresting fans and his blog entries are covered by numerous wrestling websites. In fact I found out about this on a wrestling news website this morning.

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/heenanpolitical-jackassesrandy-savagewar-games-ala-nexusjr-tampasid-returningfree-shipping-usa

qwerty
07-31-2010, 03:44 AM
You may be asking yourself 'who is Jim Ross'? Mr. Ross is a longtime broadcaster for WWE/WWF which is the business that is majority owned by Linda McMahons Husband, Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Even if you have never watched a WWE/WWF broadcast you will be familiar with Mr. Ross since he is the one who gets kicked in the groin over and over again in Peter Schiff's latest video. Well it appears that Jim Ross is not a fan of this video and really takes issue with Peter Schiff in his latest blog.

Keep in mind that this blog is read by thousands of wresting fans and his blog entries are covered by numerous wrestling websites. In fact I found out about this on a wrestling news website this morning.

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/heenanpolitical-jackassesrandy-savagewar-games-ala-nexusjr-tampasid-returningfree-shipping-usa

Make a comment there ?

wrestling fans have brains too, donīt they ? ;)

I think that most of wrestling fans are going to vote McMahon anyway, so we donīt have much to lose there.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-31-2010, 03:56 AM
Well I have been a long time wrestling fan (since I was about 5 years old) and I am certainly not supporting McMahon so I think it might be a bit presumptuous to assume that a wrestling fan is not bright enough to think independently. Wrestling is not like it used to be. The average fan knows that what they are seeing is choreographed and that the men screaming on television do not actually hate each other.

You may not see any reason to care about what he says but this is arguably the most respected man in wrestling today which is why his blogs are reported as news on the major wresting news sites. The WWE and other wrestling organizations run shows in CT on a frequent basis and often those shows are sold out. So you do have thousands of fans from a variety of backgrounds who live in the state where they can potentially vote for Schiff.

What to do about it? I have no idea but people should be aware that one of the biggest names in the wrestling business is calling out Peter Schiff for this advertisement.

libertarian4321
07-31-2010, 04:12 AM
The WWE and other wrestling organizations run shows in CT on a frequent basis and often those shows are sold out. So you do have thousands of fans from a variety of backgrounds who live in the state where they can potentially vote for Schiff.

WWE headquarters are also in Connecticut- located just down the road from the Dunder Mifflin branch in Stamford, CT. Those employees and their families, as well as residents in that area who benefit from the WWE, may not appreciate a perceived attack on wrestling.

nobody's_hero
07-31-2010, 04:12 AM
The issue I have with the video is that if Peter did not get permission to use the footage, as soon as he puts the video out there, Linda will probably try to sue him.

Then all of our efforts this week will have been in vain.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-31-2010, 04:14 AM
WWE headquarters are also in Connecticut- located just down the road from the Dunder Mifflin branch in Stamford, CT. Those employees and their families, as well as residents in that area who benefit from the WWE, may not appreciate a perceived attack on wrestling.

Yeah Titan Towers is right there but the McMahons have done nothing over the years to endear themselves to their employees so more might abandon ship than you think.

invisible
07-31-2010, 05:02 AM

And since Peter is not doing as well in the polls as some of the other candidates, we need to send a message to the GOP and vote for the democrat, right?

(^^^^sarcasm intentional^^^^)

emazur
07-31-2010, 05:39 AM
Wrestling fans should be cheering for Peter to get into the Senate. He'd be like The Rock and verbally shred all his opponents. He'd expose them for what they really are. If wrestling fans like the theater of the WWE, they'd love the theater of politics that Schiff would expose and bring to the front table, and he would be champion - the only difference is that it wouldn't be an act. Like Peter says, if he was elected, all the other Senators would know about it, and they wouldn't like it.