PDA

View Full Version : Spammers in our midst

mdh
10-15-2007, 08:41 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know to watch out for "ron paul live" - it seems to be some toolbar download thing. They were running a spam bot in the ronpaulradio.com chat channel that I had to ban. Very weird stuff.

Chip
10-22-2007, 12:55 AM
mdh - Don't you support free speech? Constitution? Bill of Rights? I challenge you to a debate. I think your the kind of person who thinks wikipedia is a source. A true patriot and defender of Dr. Paul - I think not!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=27574

NewEnd
10-22-2007, 12:56 AM
mdh - Don't you support free speech? Constitution? Bill of Rights? I challenge you to a debate. I think your the kind of person who thinks wikipedia is a source. A true patriot and defender of Dr. Paul - I think not!

??????

ClayTrainor
10-22-2007, 01:01 AM
??????

i second this confusion

ronpaulfan
10-22-2007, 01:01 AM
don't argue with him. People that say they hate Ron Paul are either paid to say it or brainwashed beyond all hope of recovery.

Corydoras
10-22-2007, 01:02 AM
??????

As far as I can tell, Chip has been enthusiastically going around tonight and cryptically responding to threads that have been dead for several days.

Welcome, Chip, and I urge you to take a look at the dates of the last post in a thread before you post in it!

ClayTrainor
10-22-2007, 01:02 AM
don't argue with him. People that say they hate Ron Paul are either paid to say it or brainwashed beyond all hope of recovery.

no one said that?

dam this is one confusing thread...

eloquensanity
10-22-2007, 01:05 AM

Yes he's all over the place trying to get attention

Chip
10-22-2007, 01:07 AM
Hey you read it so how old can it be? By the way, You obviously don't support free speech. That means you don't really support Paul's message of freedom. I pretty much do what I want.

NewEnd
10-22-2007, 01:10 AM
I think chip is a zionist robot, that uses artificial intelligence to respond to key words.

arbitration!!

unions are

go into iran

bill clinton

devil21
10-22-2007, 01:10 AM
I dont get this at all. My advice is to ignore Chip.

ronpaulfan
10-22-2007, 01:11 AM
Yes, ignore Chip completely. His purpose is to piss us off and distract us from thoughtful Ron Paul discussion.

NewEnd
10-22-2007, 01:12 AM
well, mission accomplished then... I am distracted....

aghhh

ehhh

what?

Ah yes, where was I? Ah yes... so I am pretty sure, freedom is authority.

Chip
10-22-2007, 01:24 AM
Good theory, how would you test it?

Chip
10-22-2007, 01:25 AM

trispear
10-22-2007, 01:37 AM
Chip may be the anti-RP bot from the Hannity forums of the same name. Not sure.

As these aren't the Hannity forums where they ban you simply for supporting the wrong candidate, I'm not advocating we do anything - but at the same time don't get worked up on whatever he says.

Now I'm just waiting for the rest to come over, and perhaps get enlightened^_^

Corydoras
10-22-2007, 01:38 AM
Go to bed, Chip.

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 01:38 AM
Nothing that a ban wouldn't fix.

qsecofr
10-22-2007, 01:43 AM
I have been wondering if the mods deleted threads because I haven't seem much of the characteristic opposition you'd expect from a campaign as aggressive on the internet as ours. Other then a few... episodes... things are remarkably civil considering the diversity of opinions most have.

ronpaulfan
10-22-2007, 01:46 AM
I have been wondering if the mods deleted threads because I haven't seem much of the characteristic opposition you'd expect from a campaign as aggressive on the internet as ours. Other then a few... episodes... things are remarkably civil considering the diversity of opinions most have.

The majority of people that use online forums have seen Ron Paul on YouTube and, at the very least, respect the man. There is a reason he wins every online poll. Also, we're good at spotting the people that are here just to stir trouble (ex: Chip).

SpicyItalian739
10-22-2007, 01:48 AM
Chip needs to experience rape by moose... but in his case - he likely would not consider it rape.

Give me liberty
10-22-2007, 01:48 AM
Hey chip go back to hannity well ya? well i dont think he might be from the forum, but he might be. I remember a member over there not so long ago with the same name

to chip if hes from hannity: oh and why dont talk about how much those warmongers over there really want a with iran?

Chip
10-22-2007, 01:49 AM
NEWEND - what do you mean. Not all robots think isrealites are the master race.

SpicyItalian739
10-22-2007, 01:52 AM
NEWEND - what do you mean. Not all robots think isrealites are the master race.

Your door detector flies from purple lead holes in booker love cheese.
Understand?

You're an idiot, Mordor called - they want their troll back.

Chip
10-22-2007, 01:55 AM
Oh, what an offensive thread. SHOULD IT BE REMOVED?

SpicyItalian739
10-22-2007, 02:05 AM
Oh, what an offensive thread. SHOULD IT BE REMOVED?

Sure, as long as you get removed with it.

Chip
10-22-2007, 02:07 AM
Sorry you can't erase me like the main stream media is trying to erase paul. That you resist is understandable though.

SpicyItalian739
10-22-2007, 02:15 AM
Sorry you can't erase me like the main stream media is trying to erase paul. That you resist is understandable though.

Neeble flars boorag demova pouw

Your move.

Chip
10-22-2007, 02:19 AM
Anyone notice that mdh refuses to respond because he is afraid?

Taco John
10-22-2007, 02:25 AM
Anyone notice that mdh refuses to respond because he is afraid?

That tactic must work in the Freeper forums...

Give me liberty
10-22-2007, 02:28 AM
That tactic must work in the Freeper forums...

chip just as pmed me Lol

asking this

Hey, what do you care about my IP?
Don't taze me bro.
Forward Message

so the mod can ban you.

Chip
10-22-2007, 02:29 AM
Who is the mod.

SpicyItalian739
10-22-2007, 02:29 AM
Who is the mod.

Jesus Christ, our lord and savior

Chip
10-22-2007, 02:32 AM
Tell him to ban me. I dare you to attack free speech and Paul's message. If you do you will prove yourself to be N.W.O. S.C.U.M.

qsecofr
10-22-2007, 02:36 AM
For what it's worth Chip I'll tell you the fundamental reason why I support Ron.

I am intrigued by the fact he has found a message that is capable of connecting people throughout the political spectrum, there are those ranging from the far right all the way to the far left. I suspect we in the center are the anchor but the distribution is such that no traditional candidate would be able to match its depth at either end by sticking to strict party lines.

And it all boils down to one thing, trust. Who is Ron beholden to?

The congress and senate have congealed to form a single entity on either side of isles, the advantages being strong voting blocks and the ability to pass favorable legislator to the party which has majority. The downside is that when either side fails, the party is considered to have failed with it.

Normally most wouldn't care but even the average Joe everyone is aware something has changed... and more importantly that it is starting to effect him. Important questions are not being addressed; How much will my house be worth next year? How much will my medical insurance cost? How much should I budget for gas and food now? How much will it cost so send my children to college? How much will my dollar be worth in 4 years?

I believe Ron has the integrity to shift the giant pendulum back to a position that will be acceptable to the majority of the people by virtue of the fact his supporters represent almost every aspect of Society.

We the people...

It used to mean something.

libertythor
10-22-2007, 02:42 AM
¿The freedom to install toolbars on other people's browsers with malicious code? hahahahahahahahahaha

come on

SpicyItalian739
10-22-2007, 02:47 AM
Tell him to ban me. I dare you to attack free speech and Paul's message. If you do you will prove yourself to be N.W.O. S.C.U.M.

Did you read the terms of service when you signed up for this site? You did forfeit your right to 100% free speech when you agreed to those terms of service. Trolling is a banworthy offense. You aren't nearly as clever as you think you are.

Chip
10-22-2007, 03:34 AM
Thank you qsecofr - keep up the fight. And libertythor is thinking about throwing his hammer. I know it will hit N.W.O. S.C.U.M. As for the spicy meatball who attacks free speech, go run home to mommy. And tell her to register rep. and vote Ron Paul.

libertythor
10-22-2007, 03:37 AM
Hey lets not take things seriously. My hammer is made out of beer....trust me.

Chip
10-22-2007, 03:58 AM
What can I say, I like liberty, send me to vahalla.

Drknows
10-22-2007, 04:07 AM
Hes a disgruntled poster who has beef with ronpaulradio. Why? i do not know.

Chip
10-22-2007, 04:32 AM
Its not if you know. Its if you care.

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 04:35 AM
Its not if you know. Its if you care.

Well, that about sums up the sorry state of our country today. People don't know and they don't care. Now, here we have Chip, who admits he doesn't know anything, but cares a lot. :D

Chip
10-22-2007, 04:37 AM
I only know that I can't really know anything - except I have to believe Dr. Paul will win.

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 04:38 AM
Then why are you having a temper tantrum? How old are you anyway?

Chip
10-22-2007, 04:52 AM
When did I loose my temper. ronpaulradio.com is in violation of their terms of service with both their ISP and Shoutcast. They are in hot water with the Ron Paul 2008 campaign. They have hosts like NON_Serviam who talk about drinking vodka on air until they pass out drunk - leaving 2 1/2 hours of dead air. The rant was so offensive rooster had to send his kid from the room. NON has been warned about violent threats, and he said on air that he would put a shot gun in my f#ing mouth and break my teeth. Those guys are so immature they think wikipedia is a source. You seem to be a defender of liberty. But can you really condone someone who represents Dr. Paul acting that way? If so okay.

freelance
10-22-2007, 05:45 AM
When did I loose my temper. ronpaulradio.com is in violation of their terms of service with both their ISP and Shoutcast. They are in hot water with the Ron Paul 2008 campaign. They have hosts like NON_Serviam who talk about drinking vodka on air until they pass out drunk - leaving 2 1/2 hours of dead air. The rant was so offensive rooster had to send his kid from the room. NON has been warned about violent threats, and he said on air that he would put a shot gun in my f#ing mouth and break my teeth.

Is this really true?

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 05:58 AM
Is this really true?

I was wondering the same thing. :eek:

Chip
10-22-2007, 06:03 AM
Now who is naive? What is truth anyway? And what it is it that you guys are refering to? Is freedom true? Yes.

Ron Paul Fan
10-22-2007, 06:05 AM
I was wondering the same thing. :eek:

:eek: indeed! Seems like a pretty strange thing to make up out of the clear blue sky.

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 06:07 AM
Chip, you are talking in circles. It makes you very hard to believe.

Look at what Freelance quoted. THAT is what she is wondering is true. Now, if you need me to explain to you the difference between the truth and a lie, then, you have a whole different problem.

Chip
10-22-2007, 06:23 AM
Yes it is true. So what?

Chip
10-22-2007, 06:24 AM
I actually thought for a second you were asking if Ron Paul is a racist.

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 06:25 AM
I'm sorry, but your word alone is not enough. Especially given the way you have been acting on this board.

constituent
10-22-2007, 06:25 AM
I can confirm that something took place one night at ron paul radio. I wasn't there, neither listening or chatting, but here is what i can tell you about:

Someone (maybe more than one I don't know) angered a host who happened to be drinking (proving once again for all the suckers that alcohol is the WORST drug ever invented), and some sparks flew for more than a little while.

What was the anger over? I don't know, but caught second hand that it had something to do w/ race-baiting, perhaps even a little more of the "anti-semitism" ...not on the part of the Ron Paul Radio folks.

Whatever happened everyone is wrong here, and there is no good side to this story. However for what it is worth, I (whoever the hell that is) will vouch for Non_Serviam and say that he is a bad-ass guy who does a great show. Perhaps a little momentary lapse of reason took hold, that is rather unfortunate. But regardless, he's a great guy and does a stand up job. During the week I enjoy his show I WILL NOT SERVE thoroughly and would recommend that everyone here take the opportunity to listen in sometime (I believe it will be on this aft.)

Now, as for Ron Paul Radio. Let us leave them alone and not bad mouth no matter what you've heard. DJLoti, Austin, MDH, Rick Williams, Tangoland, (yes even)Non_Serviam, have put too much hard work into that place to have everyone bad mouthing them at the forums. If you have an issue, one way or another, feel free to head over to ronpaulradio.com

Once there, float your mouse around (the site ain't 100% yet) and you'll find the live chat link, click it and feel free to take your inquiries up with anyone there. PM someone with an @ sign by their name and see if they've got time to address your concerns. If they think you're a troll, PM me and I'll pull a town crier on they azz.

DJ fears my wrath (not really, but hahahaha dj, you fear my wrath now :P)

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 06:26 AM
I actually thought for a second you were asking if Ron Paul is a racist.

What? Where in the heck are you getting this from? Are you trying to spread this lie, or what is your deal?

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 06:29 AM
Thanks Constituent. I was planning on following up with DJLoti. I know he has one goal and that is to help Dr. Paul. I trust him one heck of a lot more than Chip.

Chip
10-22-2007, 06:44 AM
And I trust a random Jihadist to fight for freedom harder than DJLOTI.

ClayTrainor
10-22-2007, 06:56 AM
i would not be surprised at all if this guy is chip

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PZKWYvHM3jQ
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AstQ9Px-Jsk

Hook
10-22-2007, 07:16 AM
You guys are having a conversation with a machine. Jeez.

TheEvilDetector
10-22-2007, 07:52 AM
I think starting Ron Paul Online Radio was a great idea and most likely was conceived with good intentions and has on several occasions been beneficial to Ron Paul supporters.

However, I have some criticisms:

I have noticed, that sometimes the people who are broadcasting act in a very non-professional immature way and also waste alot of time with useless banter, I particularly get sick of the "Yeah Yeah".

Latest Example:

After debate, they talked about being single and how there are many hot women for them to talk to in the spin room.

After debate, they saw Ron Paul's granddaughter in the spin room, so they hassled her to give an interview (which she refused) and talked about her being hot.

Instead of trying to provide information about what is going on with the Spin Room and Ron Paul, they spend a lot of time giggling like 2 little school girls and talking about women like they are sex objects and disrespecting Ron Paul's daughter.

Also, a lot of the time they just play random music.

If people want to listen to random music there are 1000s of other radio stations.

It sickens me that these people have taken advantage of Ron Paul's name to put forward their infantile and disrespectful entertainment.

I respect freedom of speech and would defend a person's right to say whatever they want on radio, but I am disappointed with what they are choosing to say and how they are saying it.

Just my opinion FWIW.

DaronWestbrooke
10-22-2007, 08:10 AM
OK, ignoring the whole Chip crap, let's get back to the radio player issue. I noticed some components download but I figured they were part of the player, I don't think you have much to worry about with internal stuff.

mdh
10-22-2007, 08:41 AM
OK, I've been uberbusy and haven't been on here as much for the past week. Let me take a few minutes to explain the Chip saga.

Chip joined ronpaulradio via our chat feature a couple of weeks ago. He seemed a bit immature, but not in a terribly offensive way or anything. He asked to do a show, and our scheduling director LB approved him to do a show at 6am Saturday mornings to see how he did. Friday night during Jason Ebacher's show, Jason allowed Chip a few minutes to do a broadcast test. Instead of signing off after his test and allowing Jason to return to hosting, Chip decided to stay on. Since it wasn't an officially scheduled timeslot (often during times which are not scheduled, regular hosts will take to the airwaves just to keep things live and fun, we've all heard the speeches in the loop a million times!), he was allowed to stay on for a bit.
At this point, I went to sleep. Fast forward to next morning, and in the ronpaulradio admin chat I'm seeing logs of Chip being generally disrespectful to LB, complaints of Chip going on the air claiming Ron Paul was a racist, and otherwise tons of issues with his choice of stuff to discuss! LB had made the decision not to allow Chip back on the air, and after hearing from a number of folks, I backed him wholeheartedly! Chip then went to the ronpaulradio forum and posted a poll asking whether he should be allowed back on. As LB is scheduling director and had already made that decision - and was the only one who could reverse it besides maybe djloti - I locked the poll and made a post stating that the poll was irrelevant and that Chip needed to speak to LB about scheduling matters. Chip then began targetting me for annoyance. He stated to me that "djloti should have contacted me and told me to reinstate his poll". This was a lie. He also contacted several other ronpaulradio staff, I suppose attempting to find someone who would side with him. None did. It continued until he finally began making threats against ronpaulradio, our internet service providers, and myself. At this point, I banned him from the chat and from the forums.
He then proceded to email me via a submission form on my PAC's website, stating that he has lodged complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and the Federal Communications Commission against ronpaulradio. I am no longer responding to him since the ban was placed.

It's since come to my attention that Chip spoke to several people on the chat room regarding his feelings that Dr. Paul was a part of a sinister conspiracy involving the Catholic pope.

'Nuff said.

mdh
10-22-2007, 08:43 AM
I think starting Ron Paul Online Radio was a great idea and most likely was conceived with good intentions and has on several occasions been beneficial to Ron Paul supporters.

However, I have some criticisms:

I have noticed, that sometimes the people who are broadcasting act in a very non-professional immature way and also waste alot of time with useless banter, I particularly get sick of the "Yeah Yeah".

Latest Example:

After debate, they talked about being single and how there are many hot women for them to talk to in the spin room.

After debate, they saw Ron Paul's granddaughter in the spin room, so they hassled her to give an interview (which she refused) and talked about her being hot.

Instead of trying to provide information about what is going on with the Spin Room and Ron Paul, they spend a lot of time giggling like 2 little school girls and talking about women like they are sex objects and disrespecting Ron Paul's daughter.

Also, a lot of the time they just play random music.

If people want to listen to random music there are 1000s of other radio stations.

It sickens me that these people have taken advantage of Ron Paul's name to put forward their infantile and disrespectful entertainment.

I respect freedom of speech and would defend a person's right to say whatever they want on radio, but I am disappointed with what they are choosing to say and how they are saying it.

Just my opinion FWIW.

Well, in all fairness, Ron Paul Radio has a variety of shows in a variety of formats. Some are more or less professional than others.

mdh
10-22-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm sorry, but your word alone is not enough. Especially given the way you have been acting on this board.

Non_Serviam did accidentally go to bed and leave his stream on. It resulted in dead air for a couple of hours until Tangoland's 08:00 EST show. Not really a big deal, imo, 06:00 - 08:00 isn't big for listeners. Just an honest mistake from a good host. The claims of "passing out" are totally bogus; he just forgot to click disconnect when he went to bed. With regards to claims of him ranting in a way that was offensive, I've heard nothing of the sort from anyone besides Chip. Since LB was on then and LB the point-man for regular hosts content, I'm sure he would have dealt with it at the time if there were an issue, but I have no reason to believe that there was.

The crap about "terms of service" is totally BS, as is "being in hot water with the campaign". Chip apparently thinks he can speak for the campaign, and I am under the impression that he is likely going to contact them and waste lots of their staffs' time. :(

Non_Serviam
10-22-2007, 11:44 AM
For those who have defended me herein from the Chipster's slanders, I thank you.

MDH tells the straightest story in the thread. I did indeed go to bed (not "pass out in my chair"), and did so while leaving my broadcast stream live, as well as like 20 other windows open. Mind you this was at 4am PST, after yet another 20hr day of work and broadcast. I will readily admit that such was an annoying mistake made doubly so by happening on a radio station. I will also say that my apology is about an inch deep, because I have been burning the candle at both ends for several weeks. The internal criticism from the team has been rather mild, which I attribute to my otherwise good performance elsewhere.

I went to bed at 11 last night, for example. It has been a very tiring, tho also very exciting and emotionally rewarding, couple of weeks for me.

Chip... ah where to begin? How about this, folks:

ANY time you see another "revolutionary" going around looking for things wrong in others who support RP, keep your wallet close and your radio stations closer. Chip, in short, wanted a show on RPR. Chip, in short, stole another host's time slot, which we allowed (and go on to note that elvikingo did exactly that to me on his first test broadcast, to much laughter). However, elvikingo put on a normal show and talked about RP and played some music. Not so Chip. Chip proceeded to alienate a) the listeners (we lost almost 50% in his brief 20min), b) the chat (as the logs would show if we were ever to release them for such a retarded issue), and c) the ad hoc team of volunteers that has become the de facto management of RPR.

All in a scant 20min. Brava, Chip.

He also dug up the "RP is a racist" smear, broadcast it on the air, and refused to source his claim. One wonders why a "supporter" would do such.

So Chip will NOT be getting a show on RPR, and whereas I see no reason to ban his lame ass from OUR forums or chat, lord knows none of the three in question (mdh, LB, and I) will suffer a fool gladly, and when mdh told me that chip was pestering him and begging for a ban I said "go for it", IIRC. When he told me he DID ban Chip, I smiled and laughed. Why? Not because I hate Chip, but because IRC has had kick/ban features forever, and for good reason. IT IS NOT MY JOB TO LISTEN TO YOUR COMPLAINTS, nor mdh's job, and if you can't get that thru your head, maybe getting kicked from the IRC channel will help you understand a little better. So I laughed because mdh used a standard feature of IRC to end a nuisance, and it's funny because it is so right. That's exactly what that feature's for, ya know? Comedy gold, to me.

I was the first to kick Chip from the chat, anyway. IRC has "etiquette" manners. MDH and I acted within them, Chip broke most. I am very forgiving, up to a point.

We are way too busy growing RPR to care about vainglorious RP "supporters" who are too arrogant to attend the few informal rules we do have.

We are way too smart and diligent to hire bad talent, or to fail to fire bad talent, and that goes for me doubly so, as I am my own sternest critic.

We are way too excited to get caught up in so minor an issue, or on so minor a character in this epic story.

And if you care to discuss it more, I host a live radio show weekdays at 4pm PST on ronpaulradio.com. :P

Be well,

- NS