PDA

View Full Version : Peter to match if we reach 250k?

SilentBull
07-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Someone over at schiff.depositwiz.com said they spoke with the campaign and they said Peter is planning to match the donations if we reach 250k. This is doable. I believe we only need 70k.

Kotin
07-30-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm in for another 50

Baptist
07-30-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm sure that Peter is very prudent with his money. Heck, I even read that one time he saw a usable TV in the trash on the side of the road and got all upset about wasteful Americans. No doubt he does not want to throw away money if he can't win.

That said, his net worth is over $60 million so I am confident that he will just fork over $370k this weekend.

SilentBull
07-30-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm sure that Peter is very prudent with his money. Heck, I even read that one time he saw a usable TV in the trash on the side of the road and got all upset about wasteful Americans. No doubt he does not want to throw away money if he can't win.

That said, his net worth is over $60 million so I am confident that he will just fork over $370k this weekend.

Is that true? $60 million? Nice! I was wondering about that.

MRoCkEd
07-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Yeah I figured he would come up with something. But hopefully he doesn't break his pledge to supporters about offering refunds.

K466
07-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Is that true? $60 million? Nice! I was wondering about that.

A few months ago I estimated he was closer to $80-100 million.

Somewhere I also read his net worth was $60-90 million, can't remember how old that was.

ctiger2
07-30-2010, 01:27 PM

If you're counting his business assets as his wealth maybe. I heard his personal wealth is more in the 17 range. Still not too shabby considering he started his biz from a 1 bedroom apt in the late 90's. That being said, he shouldn't have to fork over so much of his own money, he needs money from supporters to show that he actually has support among the people. It looks a lot better in the media if he raises $500K with $450K coming from supporters VS raising $500K and him putting in $300K + to get there.

Baptist
07-30-2010, 01:32 PM
If you're counting his business assets as his wealth maybe. I heard his personal wealth is more in the 17 range. Still not too shabby considering he started his biz from a 1 bedroom apt in the late 90's. That being said, he shouldn't have to fork over so much of his own money, he needs money from supporters to show that he actually has support among the people. It looks a lot better in the media if he raises $500K with $450K coming from supporters VS raising $500K and him putting in $300K + to get there.

There is no maybe =). Net worth = assets minus liabilities. If I was including Europacific's assets, heh, that would be over $2 billion I'm sure.

You are right, and I don't disagree with you about donating. I'm just predicting that he will fork over $300+k this weekend.

Imperial
07-30-2010, 01:38 PM

A friend and I once saw a TV on the side of the road. We carried it back to his house. But I'll go in for 20 anyway.

driege
07-30-2010, 01:57 PM
There is no maybe =). Net worth = assets minus liabilities. If I was including Europacific's assets, heh, that would be over $2 billion I'm sure.

You are right, and I don't disagree with you about donating. I'm just predicting that he will fork over $300+k this weekend.

I doubt Europac's assets are over $2 billion. Brokerage firms do not get to claim their customers' investments as assets.

G-Wohl
07-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Schiff participated in a senatorial candidates financial review, which rounded out his net worth to around $60mil.