PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] WOW. Watch. IED Attacks from Wikileaks Afghanistan War Logs

Sentient Void
07-30-2010, 11:45 AM
WOW. Just... Wow. After watching this, how can anyone still think our presence in Afghanistan is making the situation *better*? I think we should send this to all the pro-war dumbasses out there.

Also, notice how soon after Obama takes office how the bomb and death doubles. Not saying he *caused* it, but I am saying that contrary to his campaign rhetoric, and contrary to the strange idea that electing someone like Obama would bring peace to the world - it's obviously all quite false.

Let's get out of there for chrissakes! This is ridiculous!

YouTube - IED Attacks from Wikileaks Afghanistan War Logs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlfQQnH6_Cc)

Bruno
07-30-2010, 12:02 PM
That's pretty powerful. Thanks for sharing it, and I am doing the same on FB.

Sentient Void
07-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Yeah - I have already been dead-set against the wars, but this was pretty damned powerful, for even me who has been against it in the first place.

This should definitely be sent viral.

JoshLowry
07-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks for sharing. Good video.

Ekrub
07-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Reminds me of that video with all the wal-marts openings.

puppetmaster
07-30-2010, 02:00 PM
boom

Fredom101
07-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Well "we" didn't drop any bombs. Individuals who were obeying orders from other individuals did. I'm NOT part of this we. My tax money was stolen from me to fund this.

And for crying out loud, does it matter if the war is "legal" or not? Either way, thousands of innocent lives are wasted. Legal/illegal, it's still 100% immoral. :(

jmdrake
07-30-2010, 02:25 PM
WOW. Just... Wow. After watching this, how can anyone still think our presence in Afghanistan is making the situation *better*? I think we should send this to all the pro-war dumbasses out there.

Also, notice how soon after Obama takes office how the bomb and death doubles. Not saying he *caused* it, but I am saying that contrary to his campaign rhetoric, and contrary to the strange idea that electing someone like Obama would bring peace to the world - it's obviously all quite false.

Let's get out of there for chrissakes! This is ridiculous!

YouTube - IED Attacks from Wikileaks Afghanistan War Logs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlfQQnH6_Cc)

Send it to the "pro war" side? How about sending it to the antiwar Obamabots and ask them do they still he deserves a "peace prize"? :mad:

Sentient Void
07-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Send it to the "pro war" side? How about sending it to the antiwar Obamabots and ask them do they still he deserves a "peace prize"? :mad:

Touche, good sir - you make a good point!

Hell, i think we should be sending this to all sides of the political spectrum - it seems to be relevant no matter your position / nonposition (obamabots).

silus
07-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Not to criticize the video, but its sad that in America we will only acknowledge a war is wrong when we realize we're not winning it. So to convince someone why its wrong you must cite the number dead, injured and the lack of progress.

MN Patriot
07-30-2010, 08:33 PM
How much you wanna bet the Russians are getting a little payback and are providing materiel for the IEDs. Our Stinger missiles helped the Afghans defeat the Russians in the 80's.

JasonC
07-30-2010, 08:35 PM
I will criticize the video.... Is it just me or was this vid not "powerful"? A powerful video usually gives me the chills... like watching one of the better Rp vids for the first time. I got no chills, but I did like the ending.

Agorism
07-30-2010, 08:39 PM
nice find

TNforPaul45
07-30-2010, 09:09 PM
If I didn't know any better, I would say that those IED's are all on the....gasp....Pakistan side of Afghan, not the Iranian side.

Imagine that. . .where is Osama hiding again? Who is hiding him?

Hmm.

Agorism
07-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Where did you find that video?

Sentient Void
07-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Where did you find that video?

A friend on facebook posted it. Don't know where he got it from - why do you ask?

MN Patriot
08-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Only 9500 views on YouTube. This needs publicity. Notice how they rapidly increase when our Nobel Peace Prize winning president is in office.

speciallyblend
08-01-2010, 08:39 PM
title the video Obama/Cheney 2012 Bring our troops home!!!

speciallyblend
08-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Only 9500 views on YouTube. This needs publicity. Notice how they rapidly increase when our Nobel Peace Prize winning president is in office.

don't forget to call the gop leadership and thank them;)

pcosmar
08-01-2010, 08:53 PM
.where is Osama hiding again? Who is hiding him?

Hmm.

Anyone check that ranch in Texas?

speciallyblend
08-01-2010, 08:54 PM
How much you wanna bet the Russians are getting a little payback and are providing materiel for the IEDs. Our Stinger missiles helped the Afghans defeat the Russians in the 80's.

yep, the russians are just giving blowback;) i suspect the chinese and north koreans to jump into the game if they haven't already! this is a NO WIN situation and will always be. Rome(us war machine) Falls. WAR PIGS

eOs
08-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Saw a hell of a lot more green dots than red. Looks like we're winning!

MN Patriot
08-01-2010, 10:10 PM

Now the view count is up to 9578!

The number of IEDs was 13,625 as of last December. Pretty impressive for a bunch of cave dwelling 3rd worlders. Where do they get the resources for all those bombs? Iran? Saudi Arabia? Syria, Russia? If the media were competent and not corrupt, they would be investigating that.

pcosmar
08-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Now the view count is up to 9578!

The number of IEDs was 13,625 as of last December. Pretty impressive for a bunch of cave dwelling 3rd worlders. Where do they get the resources for all those bombs? Iran? Saudi Arabia? Syria, Russia? If the media were competent and not corrupt, they would be investigating that.

IED= Improvised Explosive Device.
I was taught to build then in High School ROTC, with further instruction in the US Army.
They can be as simple as a Molotov Cocktail, or could be made from any of the TONS of explosive devices left by the Russians, or procured from the present military forces in the country.
http://www.afghan-network.net/Landmines/

Afghanistan, laden with an estimated 10 million mines, has been memorably described as resembling one big minefield. Grazing lands, waterways, schools, paths, villages and cities are infested with mainly Anti-personal mines. Mines are responsible for depopulating vast tracts of the countryside, affecting food supplies into the cities and crop harvests.

I would expect that most children in Afghanistan know where to find explosives.

Kludge
08-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Nice to see the info utilized in such a chilling way. I've never really done the Facebook thing. I started one and then a bunch of family members tried to be my friend on it so I quit, but I think I'll accept all those invites and leave my page blank less this.

MN Patriot
08-01-2010, 10:37 PM
IED= Improvised Explosive Device.
I was taught to build then in High School ROTC, with further instruction in the US Army.
They can be as simple as a Molotov Cocktail, or could be made from any of the TONS of explosive devices left by the Russians, or procured from the present military forces in the country.
http://www.afghan-network.net/Landmines/

I would expect that most children in Afghanistan know where to find explosives.

Explosives must be a common item over there, kind of like guns and ammo are here. Been reading various theories, plenty of sources for them to get weapons. My whole point is, are we in another proxy war like VietNam? The Muslim world funds the Taliban, like Russia helped the Viet Cong. The Establishment refuses to admit the war is too costly and unwinnable, and keeps wasting trillions of dollars and lives into something that benefits the war industry while the nation is bankrupted.

Sentient Void
08-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Nice to see the info utilized in such a chilling way. I've never really done the Facebook thing. I started one and then a bunch of family members tried to be my friend on it so I quit, but I think I'll accept all those invites and leave my page blank less this.

I do the facebook thing but don't use my last name. It keeps people from finding me easily - mixed in with the privacy settings, it's pretty effective - that is, unless you have an actual picture of yourself, mixed in with having the same friends as those of your family and real friends - then they'd find you alright.

Kludge
08-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Bah. I messed it all up and posted it to a "news feed" instead of a "wall."

Damned technology... Can I undo a post to a "news feed"?

tropicangela
08-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Bah. I messed it all up and posted it to a "news feed" instead of a "wall."

Damned technology... Can I undo a post to a "news feed"?

i think it will post to your wall if you posted it to the newsfeed. did you check your wall?

pcosmar
08-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Explosives must be a common item over there, kind of like guns and ammo are here. Been reading various theories, plenty of sources for them to get weapons. My whole point is, are we in another proxy war like VietNam? The Muslim world funds the Taliban, like Russia helped the Viet Cong. The Establishment refuses to admit the war is too costly and unwinnable, and keeps wasting trillions of dollars and lives into something that benefits the war industry while the nation is bankrupted.

It was described as Russia's Viet Nam. Now it is ours,with the same level of success.
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2009/10/afghanistan-vs-vietnam-war-rages-on-in-in-the-media.html
http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com/talk/blogs/t/o/tomgnh/2010/07/afghanistan-v-vietnam--some-th.php

:(

Kludge
08-01-2010, 10:48 PM
i think it will post to your wall if you posted it to the newsfeed. did you check your wall?

Gah -- there's a bunch of posts from family members! :( ... lol

Edit: ooooh -- I see, now. I can remove things I post when I'm on my "wall."

pcosmar
08-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Gah -- there's a bunch of posts from family members! :( ... lol

I didn't post anything on your wall.
I don't think,,,
;)

Pauls' Revere
08-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Forwarded to speaker of the house.
and Barbara Boxer.

ElCount
08-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Thanks for posting, I just reposted this to my facebook page as well.

According to the video creator's blog at zentastic.com, he used the dataset from this guardian page on the Wikileaks spill. So it seems pretty legitimate.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/datablog/interactive/2010/jul/26/ied-afghanistan-war-logs

A really good visualization and just one more reason why our troops should not be in that country.