PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Allyn Root: "The Mosque @ Ground Zero Should Be Stopped"

Matt Collins
07-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Wayne Allen Root writes on the wall of the Judge's Producer (http://www.facebook.com/AustinWPetersen?v=wall&story_fbid=136929083013426):

The state should not stop it (the mosque at ground zero)...unless it is proven the mysterious $100 MM comes from groups or countries that fund terrorism.

But the PEOPLE should stop it. That's the American way. The people of Nevada stopped Yucca Mountain- even 20+ year...s after it was approved and billions were spent. People have a LOUD voice. Citizens and neighbors hae property rights too.

The thing missing from this argument is the name chosen; "CORONADO." That says it all. It represents Islam's biggest victory over Christianity in Spain in 1400's. You mean THAT isn't a sign of intent? That isn't a disgrace and affront to 3000 dead Americans? And their relatives? That isn't an affront to every policeman & fireman in New York?

Citizens have every right to protest day and night...fill the streets..and raise the money to buy the property from the owners.

Polls show a HUGE majority are against this affront to America. Including 58% of New Yorkers- the most liberal and tolerant state in USA.

Remember Yucca Mountain. This can be stopped. But the people must get busy, get involved, and get LOUD.

This is not a issue of politics...it is an issue of COMMON SENSE.

bobbyw24
07-30-2010, 10:59 AM
OMG! He has an opinion that differs from knee-jerk Libertarians? Oh no, we simply cannot handle diverse opinions here. Someone please start hurling the labels. Please. Don't wait.

erowe1
07-30-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm fine with that. If free individuals want to use means available to them to stop it without interfering with someone else's property rights, then let them. I'm glad he was clear that the state has no place in this.

bobbyw24
07-30-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm fine with that. If free individuals want to use means available to them to stop it without interfering with someone else's property rights, then let them. I'm glad he was clear that the state has no place in this.

I was being somewhat facetious, but well put, brother

yokna7
07-30-2010, 11:09 AM
I don't get it. If you adopt this "us vs. them" mentality then wouldn't you just want them to build it. So when they looked out the window they saw an 1800 ft. tall symbol of american resilience? With lines like that I could be president.

Matt Collins
07-30-2010, 11:11 AM
OMG! He has an opinion that differs from knee-jerk Libertarians? Oh no, we simply cannot handle diverse opinions here. Someone please start hurling the labels. Please. Don't wait.
The funny part about it is that if you read the entire string of posts on the FB page he is begging for an interview/debate with the Judge lol :p

bobbyw24
07-30-2010, 11:12 AM
The funny part about it is that if you read the entire string of posts on the FB page he is begging for an interview/debate with the Judge lol :p

Matt:

I am at work and have only so much time.

I have 32 new bankruptcy cases to review. Will check it out later

jmdrake
07-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Matt:

I am at work and have only so much time.

I have 32 new bankruptcy cases to review. Will check it out later

Is that normal, or is it a reflection on just how bad our economy is?

As far as the OP, I wonder what would the reaction be if people started rallying against the building of a new Cathedral in protest over the sex abuse scandal? Folks certainly have a right to use protests as a way to pressure someone not to exercise their first amendment right to the free exercise of religion, but that doesn't make it "right". I'm a "free marketplace of ideas" guy myself. Also I'm pretty sure the Muslims have already bought the property. If that's so, and if this really just a way from them to rub 9/11 into the face of Americans, then would they be persuaded to part with the property for any amount of money? If not, what next? Get the city council to claim it wants to bill at 9/11 memorial gift shop on the property and take it by imminent domain?

bobbyw24
07-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Is that normal, or is it a reflection on just how bad our economy is?

No-normally I get 15-20/week but the economy in Fla. sucks and 1000s of low-income people who got duped by the Clinton-Bush-Greenspan-Bernanke mantra that everyone must own a home are now fleeing their homes and trying to avoid deficiency judgments.

Just the beginning.

Elwar
07-30-2010, 11:40 AM

WAR is no libertarian.

LibertyVox
07-30-2010, 11:40 AM

^This.

At least on this forum, I don't think anyone would need a reason to know how asinine, idiotic and inaccurate (Coronado?) his remarks are. This cut n paste is an indictment of the mentally beleaguered state of moozlim phobes. His logic is so childish and sad. What's next you can't build a Korean Presbyterian church in Blacksburg (Virginia Tech)?
Let's continue to hope that citizens and individuals who identify with other communities don't have to go through this ever. In the mean time we should speak up. Always speak up.

The most damning part is that this wasn't written by some junior high zitfaced angry kid from his mother's basement, this is actually written by an adult! And that too a public figure.
More importantly, while I would defend to the fullest the right of the protesters to protest in any which way they see fit, including burning of effigies and flags, books and what not within the public domain, it doesn't mean I and hopefully others here wouldn't counter this garbage with equal fervor, logic and patience.

Oh shit , I just wikipediaad Wayne Allen Root (WAR :p)...

Wayne Allyn Root (born July 20, 1961) is an American politician, entrepreneur, television and radio personality, author and political commentator. He was the 2008 Libertarian Party vice-presidential nominee. In June 2009 Richard Winger wrote he was the front runner for the 2012 Libertarian Presidential nomination.[2] Root began his career as a professional sports handicapper, based in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Are you fuckin serious? This is awesome!!!!!

It proves my generalized impression of people every where. EVERYWHERE. Whether the country is developed, under developed, developing, imploding.
I might get some flak for this but seriously:
Nations are only as good as their elites and the philosophy held by those elites and/or the system created by that philosophy.

People all over the world are so remarkably similar in their general tendencies. Sometimes I feel it's a shame that there is always that lingering expectation for the populace of this country which is held to a higher standard of conduct by others.
It's an unfair burden but not one which is uncalled for. As long we are over there and rule through proxy diktat, others would always develop a kind of stockholm syndrome of expectations from their captor even if they don't understand, have seen or even know how fragile and frightened their own the captor really is. Of course the captor is our government, not the people. But as always this is something which is lost in translation.

robert68
07-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Wayne Allen Root writes on the wall of the Judge's Producer (http://www.facebook.com/AustinWPetersen?v=wall&story_fbid=136929083013426):

"BOB BARR'S RUNNING MATE **Wayne Root's ** NEO-CON RANT THAT INSULTS RON PAUL (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/50904)"

"LP VP on RP (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/021315.html)"

From "Haters Go After the ‘Ground Zero Mosque’ (http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2010/07/22/haters-go-after-the-ground-zero-mosque/)" by Justin Raimondo:

Nothing illustrates the utter craziness of our society in the post-9/11 era than the controversy over the "Ground Zero mosque." To begin with, the proposed Islamic center – not a mosque, but the Muslim equivalent (http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/06/07/2010-06-07_1000_protest_islamic_center_plan.html) of the YMCA – a nonprofit foundation wants to build in New York City isn’t at "ground zero," it is four blocks from the site of the World Trade Center. But that doesn’t deter demagogues like Newt Gingrich and various other unsavory opportunists from making it into a political issue.

Never mind the fact that there is already a mosque four blocks away from the site of the World Trade Center (see here (http://www.masjidmanhattan.com/)), which has been there for many years...

Danke
07-30-2010, 11:58 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRurPuAcSEHCA0X7bGLqhXrlnPqp0ffu m0PIXLwELhHD7kq_JU&t=1&usg=__-N_rTvld5ek0DPERUnDtARA3MVI=

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOO6taa3nHSsihWpgCLmiIEU-4iJ98Te7P28NOm9bAyE8sbd0&t=1&usg=__PZt58ihOFT-pp2OODQGsnZi6asY=

http://www.jeremyryan.org/images/photos/bob-barr-wayne-allyn-root.jpg

Brian Defferding
07-30-2010, 12:08 PM
I think he took the correct stance for a person that opposes the Mosque to be built. As for me, I don't have a problem with it being built. I don't have a grudge against religions, I just have grudges against people that kill innocent people, and that sure as hell does not directly align with religion or creed.

BlackTerrel
07-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Who is Wayne Allen Root?

Polls show a HUGE majority are against this affront to America. Including 58% of New Yorkers- the most liberal and tolerant state in USA.

Is that true? What is the huge majority?

djdellisanti4
07-30-2010, 04:31 PM
I have no problem with guys like him who think that it should be stopped. I have a problem with jerkoff city councilmen in my town (not NYC) who write letters to the NYC city council urging them to violate property rights to stop the mosque.... True story, btw.

Agorism
07-30-2010, 04:34 PM
W.A.R. will never get anywhere near the libertarian nomination again.