PDA

View Full Version : Letīs see what Peter does...

qwerty
07-30-2010, 01:13 AM
This is pretty bad...

Letīs see what he does...

Thanks to all who did everything they can to promote and donated!

aspiringconstitutionalist
07-30-2010, 02:29 AM
Considering the state of the economy, I think it was pretty darn good for a group like us. What we've really needed all along was big name endorsements from major conservative groups and leaders. That's how all the successful liberty candidates have gotten their footing this year. Steve Forbes and Ron Paul are terrific, but I'm afraid they stepped into the game too late. If groups like the Senate Conservatives Fund, the NRLC, and RedState had stepped in earlier, Schiff would probably be neck-in-neck with McMahon right now. I understand these groups might not want to waste resources on a candidate who lost the party convention, but I don't see why it would have hurt them to offer Peter a simple endorsement. He is the obvious choice for conservatives. Oh well. Can't say we didn't try very hard to snag those endorsements for Peter. Hopefully we'll get some last minute surprises from these folks.

S.Shorland
07-30-2010, 02:36 AM
Ron Paul seemed grudging in his endorsement in my opinion.Torres got praise,Schiff got shadow.If Schiff had to ask Rand Paul for his father's endorsement on the radio show yesterday,the original endorsement was a low key affair? There is something a little odd in this especially with the apparent supporting email not being sent to the nationwide list,at least in the first instance.

hotbrownsauce
07-30-2010, 02:39 AM
It's not Ron's fault. He isn't running this thing and it isn't his responsibility. Granted e-mailing people would have helped. If we want to start playing the blame game, where was all the Schiff support the last few months? - I tried and organized with the help of others maydaymoneybomb.com

But that isn't the point. We must be forward looking and not play the blame game. What do we do from here is what we must ask ourselves. And can we count on Ron Paul to make e-mail announcements in the future? This sort of thing.

low preference guy
07-30-2010, 02:42 AM
We must be forward looking and not play the blame game. What do we do from here is what we must ask ourselves.

Yes, we must look forward to tomorrow, where we inundate Ron Paul's e-mail, facebook, and phone lines asking him to send a national e-mail encouraging people to participate in the money bomb.

I think Ron Paul wouldn't oppose sending the e-mail, so I suspect his staff mishandled things. But if indeed it was Ron Paul's decision not to send the e-mail to the whole list, someone should let everyone know to leave him alone. But we shouldn't give up without knowing for sure, because it might be the case that someone made a mistake that should be fixed.

hotbrownsauce
07-30-2010, 02:45 AM
Yes, we must look forward to tomorrow, where we inundate Ron Paul's e-mail, facebook, and phone lines asking him to send a national e-mail encouraging people to participate in the money bomb.

+1

ironmanjakarta
07-30-2010, 03:49 AM
I think it was a last ditch effort by Paul to help Peter. Normal an endorsement from Paul in CT would be a negative from what I've heard, because of Paul's stance on the wars. CT'rs are pro war.

low preference guy
07-30-2010, 03:50 AM
I think it was a last ditch effort by Paul to help Peter.

It wasn't really an effort. An effort would've been sending the e-mail to the national supporters. The CT Ron Paul supporters already know Schiff is running.

aspiringconstitutionalist
07-30-2010, 03:59 AM
I think it was a last ditch effort by Paul to help Peter. Normal an endorsement from Paul in CT would be a negative from what I've heard, because of Paul's stance on the wars. CT'rs are pro war.

The wars aren't really much of an issue anymore. Many conservative Republicans are now turning against the wars.

SilentBull
07-30-2010, 05:41 AM
We have come this far. We need an email from Ron to raise another 150k at least. Then Peter needs to put more of his own money. If that ad airs and reaches all the voters Peter will win, and he will get his money back!! The donations will pour in after the primary!

SamuraisWisdom
07-30-2010, 08:43 AM

I don't know one person who is pro war. In fact, in 06 (i think) Lieberman lost his primary to a guy whose only message was that he was against the war. And of course remember who one of Peter's rivals is...former Congressman Simmons.

Suzu
07-30-2010, 08:58 AM
If groups ... had stepped in earlier, Schiff would probably be neck-in-neck with McMahon right now.

I wonder how that would look....