PDA

View Full Version : The Campaign Sets Our Fundraising Goals: Stop second guessing and please DONATE!

SouthernGuy15
10-15-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm tired of all the negativity about the fundraising goals Ron Paul's campaign has set for us! Every time I go on this forum I read someone saying, "Can we really reach this goal?" or "Is this goal truly realistic?" To be blunt, such second guessing of the campaign is counterproductive.

The campaign set these goals and it's our job to make sure they are successfully met! Unlike what certain people would like for us to think, they are NOT unrealistic and are NOT unobtainable. They are actually VERY doable!

First of all, the vast majority of Ron Paul's supporters are not anywhere close to maxing out. I'm estimating at least 90% of those who have already donated could make a much larger donation without coming close to maxing out!

Second of all, we are gaining new supporters all the time. We cannot depend on them alone and those of us who have already donated must CONTINUE donating without hesitation! But these additional supporters will indeed help significantly!

Thirdly, the campaign has all the fundraising data and statistics. They would NOT set an impossible fundraising goal! They know this goal is possible and we should not think otherwise!

Ron Paul's campaign has set a goal and we need to focus on reaching it. It is a realistic goal and any discussion to the contrary must stop immediately, because it is only wasting time and energy. We need to focus on reaching this goal and STOP second guessing the campaign!

Instead of discussing if it's possible we need to be finding ways to dig deep and make additional donations!

Instead of second guessing the campaign we need to be REACHING OUT and gaining new supporters who will donate!

Instead of talking, discussing, and debating the goal all that energy could be spent REACHING THE TARGET THE CAMPAIGN HAS SET!

Lets stay focused and get this task completed. In my opinion liberty, freedom, peace, and small government is worth MUCH MORE than 12 million dollars!

Please donate today.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

SouthernGuy15
10-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Who will be the first to make a donation?

SouthernGuy15
10-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Anyone?

deedles
10-15-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm up to 1500.00. I'll be sending some more hundreds next thursday...

0zzy
10-15-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm a poor high school student :[

lx43
10-15-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm a poor high school student :[

You can always sacrifice to help raise money for RP by getting a job. Okay, maybe telling you to work was just plain rude of me. Just ask your parents for money. Tell them you need $2,300 for a science project. :D

McDermit
10-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Poop.

They are absolutely attainable, with proper marketing and motivational techniques. But if they don't shake things up by either returning to weekly goals or running some sort of promo, we're screwed.

lx43
10-15-2007, 08:47 PM
I disagree with you a little McDermit. I think if they constantly send out emails askin for money it will diminish the impact the end of the month or quarter emails they most certainly will be asking for. Now I'm not saying they shouldn't be doing fundraisers. If I were the campaign I would be doing private dinners in every state esp Cali and Texas.

McDermit
10-15-2007, 09:06 PM
I disagree with you a little McDermit. I think if they constantly send out emails askin for money it will diminish the impact the end of the month or quarter emails they most certainly will be asking for. Now I'm not saying they shouldn't be doing fundraisers. If I were the campaign I would be doing private dinners in every state esp Cali and Texas.

The way it works though, is that as a deadline nears - a weekly dealine for example - activity increases. This has been proven time and time again, in various experiments, studies, and campaigns. It's just the way it works. People are less likely take that first step if they see a seemingly impossible mountain ahead of them. But if they instead see a small hill, followed by another small hill, it makes the climb a bit easier. You start off running, slow down a bit in the middle, then make the big surge at the end.

You set small, attainable short term goals. It makes the long term goal seem much more attainable. And you get a big push as we near one million each week.

I maxed out during the final push to $500k. My ex did as well. During the final push to $1mil, I maxed out my entire family. Many others did the same.

The weekly goals WORK. I'm not saying the campaign should send daily emails or anything... but it's a very basic motivational marketing technique. You need attainable goals. While I believe we will reach the ultimate $12mil goal, it certainly doesn't SEEM very attainable.

ronpaul4pres
10-15-2007, 10:29 PM
This is attainable! I calculated we need as little as $8/week:

http://ronpauldonations.blogspot.com/

To get this message out there, I set up a pledge for 100 people to donate $8 this week:

http://www.pledgebank.com/8-for-rp-0ct20

The question is not whether you can afford $8 but whether you can afford to not give $8.

I'd rather have 100 voters give $8 than 1 voter giving $800. That's 100x more votes!

SouthernGuy15
10-15-2007, 11:28 PM
bump