PDA

View Full Version : Howard Dean & Joan Walsh Humiliated About Breitbart By Matthews?

Immortal Technique
07-29-2010, 07:17 PM
YouTube - Howard Dean & Joan Walsh Humiliated About Breitbart By Matthews? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5biKOOyfQ9c)

Airing Date July.29, 2010

Howard Dean & Joan Walsh Humiliated About Breitbart By Matthews?

2:05 - Walsh, "Trust Me"
2:20 Dean We Promise"

I detest Matthews and Breitbart has attacked people like me in the past for what i believe sticking up for his fellow neoconservative friends but this piece of video is priceless.
Matthews walked the two partisan hacks into saying Breitbart had never included the redemption part of the Sharrod video.
Later Matthews plays the full original Breitbart video proving them wrong, the walking back is hilarious and priceless.

tjeffersonsghost
07-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Ahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JK/SEA
07-29-2010, 08:44 PM
//

specsaregood
07-29-2010, 08:49 PM
lol. MSNBC sucks so bad even Howard Dean watches foxnews.

Valli6
07-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Chris Mathews is defending Andrew Breitbart now? :eek:
I am amazed!

I knew most of these people never bothered to go watch the original clip at Breitbart's blog! Or actually checked when or how Fox covered the story! They concocted a whole separate version of what happened from inside of the echo chamber! They really should be ashamed.

dealerjim
07-29-2010, 09:30 PM
I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone after watching that. lol

KurtBoyer25L
07-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Matthews is a corporatist propaganda stooge. GE owns him. But, in his own way he has more integrity than anyone at his network. I think Dean made him angry, you can see that very clearly...Matthews probably understands that loner underground journalists are going to make points with this sort of thing; his objection is with Fox News, and I would agree that Fox is very biased and works to help corporate GOP. I just watch Fox more seriously because they do give voice to the liberty movement, whereas NBC ridicules it.

Lucille
07-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Chris Matthews Retapes Sherrod Segment For 7PM Hardball Rerun After 5PM Flap (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/chris-matthews-retapes-sherrod-segment-for-7pm-hardball-rerun-after-5pm-flap/)

Valli6
07-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Chris Matthews Retapes Sherrod Segment For 7PM Hardball Rerun After 5PM Flap (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/chris-matthews-retapes-sherrod-segment-for-7pm-hardball-rerun-after-5pm-flap/)
Well that 2nd taping of the segment certainly did change the tone.
One of the commenters claims that Anderson Cooper played the tape of Sherrod's husband's tonight - is that true? Anyone see this?

American Nationalist
07-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Well that 2nd taping of the segment certainly did change the tone.
One of the commenters claims that Anderson Cooper played the tape of Sherrod's husband's tonight - is that true? Anyone see this?

YouTube - Charles Sherrods Uncle Toms (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrcJ3cBDS7Y)

Valli6
07-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Mathews defending Breitbart? All gone!

Well, obviously this couldn’t have sat well with the left-wing Journolistas who are now in full Destroy Breitbart mode and therefore in no mood for independent thinkers not fully on board with today’s talking points.

So rather than accept the fact that a fully informed Matthews was still intellectually honest enough to make the point that the rest of the MSM is willfully ignoring — that Ms. Sherrod’s redemptive revelation was not cut from the excerpted video — something inexplicable happened between the 5pm and 7pm broadcast, and it’s not crazy to speculate that this something was probably a whole lot of angry phone calls, a flood of scathing emails, and a producer meeting or two that included any and all variations of the word apostate.

An international story that’s grabbed thousands of headlines over the last week, and Matthews did a 180… between shows? Someone got to him. The MSNBC Thought Police? The JournoList Thought Police? (Did I just repeat myself?)

What else could it have been? Something happened. Something so effectively transforming that it spun Matthews completely around enough that sometime before the 7pm “Hardball” rerun was set to air, he magically decided he wanted a redo. And so for what might have been the first time in the show’s history, Matthews re-taped an entirely new program for the 7pm hour — a program that would allow him to make up for his short but near fatal bout of intellectual honesty and put him safely back in line and on the record with his left-wing pals. See for yourself…

http://bigjournalism.com/jjmnolte/2010/07/30/who-got-to-chris-matthews-hardball-defense-of-breitbart-memory-holed/

Valli6
07-30-2010, 10:00 AM
^ This appears to be false (AC playing the video), however AC did offer this odd apology last night regarding some of Sherrods statements:

COOPER: I interviewed Shirley Sherrod last Thursday. And in the course of that interview, I failed to do something that I should have. I believe in admitting my mistakes. I looked at the interview again today, and Ms. Sherrod said during that interview that she thought Mr. Breitbart was a racist. She said, quote, "I think he would like to get us stuck back in the times of slavery." She went on to say she believed his opposition to President Obama was based on racism. Now, she, of course, is free to believe whatever she wants, but I didn't challenge her that night and I should have.

I don't want anyone on my show to get away with saying things which cannot be supported by facts. I should have challenged her on what facts she believes supports that accusation. That's my job, and I didn't do it very well in that interview, and I'm sorry about it. If I get a chance to talk to her again, I will.

someperson
07-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Ahh, how wonderful it is... this debate on minutia... this theatre that the media so lovingly provides.

MsDoodahs
07-30-2010, 10:30 AM
lol...hilarious stuff!

roho76
07-30-2010, 03:10 PM
I don't care if she helped those old people or not. This women has a despicable underpinning of hatred against white people, rich people, and anybody she thinks harbors the idea that they are above her. She is the exact thing she accuses everybody else of. Just look at the look on her face when she talks about it to those people. She's gloating about the event even after her "redemption" period not to mention she seems like she's feeding of everybody's reaction and then just decides to throw in the "well I helped them anyways" ending.

ItsTime
07-30-2010, 03:37 PM
lol. MSNBC sucks so bad even Howard Dean watches foxnews.

hahahaha

Immortal Technique
07-30-2010, 04:15 PM
just thought id note Matthews is mia on his show tonight
Must be getting some backlash over at messnbc

Valli6
07-30-2010, 04:33 PM
correction:
After his apology, Anderson Cooper spoke about Sherrod's lawsuit with the Dept of Agriculture and showed video of Sherrod denying it had anything to do with her being appointed to her new position. He then showed the clip of Charles Sherrod's "the white man and his uncle toms" comment, made during a speech at the University of Virginia Law School. YouTube - AC on Charles Sherrod (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfqzH5tNkgc&feature)

And some interesting words from Willie Brown:

My phone has been burning up with calls about the Shirley Sherrod flap from everyone from Rep. Maxine Waters to Bill O'Reilly - and believe me, there is more to the story than just her remarks.

...As an old pro, though, I know that you don't fire someone without at least hearing their side of the story unless you want them gone in the first place.
This woman has been a thorn in the side of the Agriculture Department for years.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/07/25/BAP01EIKK2.DTL