PDA

View Full Version : Important: about the Ron e-mail

RPgrassrootsactivist
07-29-2010, 06:53 PM
I spoke to the Schiff campaign earlier and the staffer seemed to have no idea that so many people weren't getting Ron's e-mail.

So if you are subscribed to Ron's e-mail list and you didn't get the e-mail, I suggest that you please call the Schiff campaign ASAP and let them know; if the e-mail didn't go through to most (or even a sizable minority) of Ron's list, that would be a big factor in why the money bomb hasn't been doing as well as we hoped.

qh4dotcom
07-29-2010, 07:32 PM
I got the e-mail but it came from RonPaul.com who is not affiliated with Ron Paul

RPgrassrootsactivist
07-29-2010, 07:36 PM
I got the e-mail but it came from RonPaul.com who is not affiliated with Ron Paul

Right, that's not the same mailing list as Ron's actual list. I believe that Ron usually sends endorsement e-mails from his campaign office, so that's likely where it should have come from. So anyone who is subscribed to Ron's campaign e-mail list and didn't get the Schiff e-mail should call the Schiff campaign.

TonySutton
07-29-2010, 07:40 PM
I did not get it and I checked my spam folders just in case :(

coolerx
07-29-2010, 07:42 PM
---

MRoCkEd
07-29-2010, 08:36 PM
I think the message just went to Connecticut residents. Because it tells me to vote for them in the primary.

Daamien
07-29-2010, 08:45 PM
I think the message just went to Connecticut residents. Because it tells me to vote for them in the primary.

Good observation. That's a rather big oversight on Ron's campaign office staff. I've received many of Ron's emails asking for support of candidates outside of my own state who he has endorsed in the past. It begs the question as to why a different strategy was used in this case. Ron should send out a national email immediately or at least tomorrow morning and the challenge should be extended to 48 rather than 24 hours.

low preference guy
07-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Good observation. That's a rather big oversight on Ron's campaign office staff. I've received many of Ron's emails asking for support of candidates outside of my own state who he has endorsed in the past. It begs the question as to why a different strategy was used in this case. Ron should send out a national email immediately or at least tomorrow morning and the challenge should be extended to 48 rather than 24 hours.

I don't live in Kentucky and I received lots of e-mails requesting support and money for Rand.

But I didn't receive the e-mail for Peter.

low preference guy
07-29-2010, 08:51 PM
That's a rather big oversight on Ron's campaign office staff.

Yep.

*gigantic facepalm*

pacelli
07-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Ron's e-mail endorsements have lately always included the phrase, "rammed down our throats". If an endorsement email does not include this phrase, I'd be immediately suspect.

low preference guy
07-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Right, that's not the same mailing list as Ron's actual list. I believe that Ron usually sends endorsement e-mails from his campaign office, so that's likely where it should have come from. So anyone who is subscribed to Ron's campaign e-mail list and didn't get the Schiff e-mail should call the Schiff campaign.

I think Ron Paul's staff sent the e-mail in question, not Schiff's campaign.

Liberty_Mike
07-29-2010, 08:53 PM

Aha, interesting... I really hope they send one out to his ENTIRE list tomorrow.

Suzu
07-29-2010, 08:54 PM
I don't live in Kentucky and I received lots of e-mails requesting support and money for Rand.

But I didn't receive the e-mail for Peter.

Same here :(

FreedomRings
07-29-2010, 09:41 PM
For some reason Ron Paul has been very hesitant about endorsing Peter Schiff. There has been no official endorsement with the usual press release and obligatory closing comment by Jesse Benton (example (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Ron-Paul-Endorses-Clint-bw-2928506989.html?x=0&.v=1)). And today's email was intentionally only sent to CT residents. It's as close to not endorsing someone while giving the impression of an endorsement as you can get. I don't think Ron Paul will do more than that for Peter (e.g. use his full mailing list) or he would have done it today when it mattered.

low preference guy
07-29-2010, 09:51 PM
For some reason Ron Paul has been very hesitant about endorsing Peter Schiff. There has been no official endorsement with the usual press release and obligatory closing comment by Jesse Benton (example (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Ron-Paul-Endorses-Clint-bw-2928506989.html?x=0&.v=1)). And today's email was intentionally only sent to CT residents. It's as close to not endorsing someone while giving the impression of an endorsement as you can get. I don't think Ron Paul will do more than that for Peter (e.g. use his full mailing list) or he would have done it today when it mattered.

I wonder if this is Ron Paul's intention or if someone in the staff hates Schiff and/or is trying to sabotage him.

MRoCkEd
07-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Ron has done more to promote Schiff than with any other candidate besides Rand.

I think we should be thanking him for this email rather than asking "why not more?"

Just my 2 cents.

low preference guy
07-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Ron has done more to promote Schiff than with any other candidate besides Rand.

I think we should be thanking him for this email rather than asking "why not more?"

That e-mail is as good as not sending one, because close to every CT Ron Paul supporter knows about Schiff. The fact he didn't send a national e-mail is a slap in the face to many of his supporters, and the most hardcore Schiff supporters will be discouraged in the future from donating to Ron.

I don't believe these are Ron's intentions. More likely, someone in Ron's staff doesn't like Schiff and/or is trying to sabotage him.

Michael Landon
07-29-2010, 10:01 PM

That's the one I received also.

- ML

Daamien
07-29-2010, 10:04 PM
That e-mail is as good as not sending one, because close to every CT Ron Paul supporter knows about Schiff. The fact he didn't send a national e-mail is a slap in the face to many of his supporters, and the most hardcore Schiff supporters will be discouraged in the future from donating to Ron.

I don't believe these are Ron's intentions. More likely, someone in Ron's staff doesn't like Schiff and/or is trying to sabotage him.

I think you may be assuming too much. It may have just been a careless oversight. Nevertheless, it is unfortunate and I hope a new email is sent in the morning.

low preference guy
07-29-2010, 10:07 PM
I think you may be assuming too much. It may have just been a careless oversight. Nevertheless, it is unfortunate and I hope a new email is sent in the morning.

It could also be a mistake. But it would be two mistakes in a row:

1. Not sending the e-mail in the first place, sending it only hours later after repeated requests from supporters.

2. When sending the e-mail, sending it only to CT voters.

Those guys work on this all day. It's hard to make two mistakes in one day, especially one like the second one. But it's true, it could be a mistake and the e-mail will be sent tomorrow.

FreedomRings
07-29-2010, 10:20 PM

1. Not sending the e-mail in the first place, sending it only hours later after repeated requests from supporters.

I agree... it's extremely unlikely it was an unintentional error. For some strange reason Ron Paul doesn't want to be seen as endorsing Peter Schiff. It can't be blamed on his staff either as Ron Paul had many months to issue an official endorsement if he had wanted to.

Initially I thought it was Peter who didn't want the endorsement because he thought it would hurt him, but then he literally begged for it on today's radio show. Hours later Ron sent the email. And it seems it's as far as he's willing to go, which is sad, but maybe we don't know the full story.

low preference guy
07-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Initially I thought it was Peter who didn't want the endorsement because he thought it would hurt him, but then he literally begged for it on today's radio show. Hours later Ron sent the email. And it seems it's as far as he's willing to go, which is sad, but maybe we don't know the full story.

Unfortunately, Ron has a long history of being screwed by staffers. I'd say it's close to impossible he said "send that e-mail only to CT voters". It's much more likely that a staffer(s) did it on his own.

MRoCkEd
07-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Guys, calm down.
I'm sure Ron said "I want Connecticut to know I endorse Schiff and Torres, so please send them an email" so a staffer complied.

He's done this many other times for candidates, sending emails to just their state.

low preference guy
07-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Guys, calm down.
I'm sure Ron said "I want Connecticut to know I endorse Schiff and Torres, so please send them an email" so a staffer complied.

He's done this many other times for candidates, sending emails to just their state.

That makes no sense whatsoever. That's a slap in the face to Schiff supporters who have supporters Ron for years.

Daamien
07-29-2010, 10:32 PM
How is it a slap in the face? Ron didn't have to send any email today but they did. Ron and his staff just need to recognized that the email was too limited in scope despite being well-intended and send out another email nationally if they want to see some tangible results in fund-raising.

MRoCkEd
07-29-2010, 10:32 PM
That makes no sense whatsoever. That's a slap in the face to Schiff supporters who have supporters Ron for years.
How does that make no sense? When Ron makes endorsements, his usual procedure involves emailing the people of that state. So, he probably heard Schiff wanted an endorsement and told his staffer to send one out for him and Torres.

low preference guy
07-29-2010, 10:35 PM
How does that make no sense? When Ron makes endorsements, his usual procedure involves emailing the people of that state. So, he probably heard Schiff wanted an endorsement and told his staffer to send one out for him and Torres.

I don't in KY or in NC and received emails of support for both Lawson and Rand.

MRoCkEd
07-29-2010, 10:37 PM
I don't in KY or in NC and received emails of support for both Lawson and Rand.
Ron also sent a national email for Schiff's first moneybomb. This email's purpose seems to have been making his endorsements explicit. For all we know Ron didn't know there was a moneybomb, but the staffer who wrote it did and added it in there.

FreedomRings
07-29-2010, 10:38 PM

Ron Paul's official endorsements look like this (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Ron-Paul-Endorses-Clint-bw-2928506989.html?x=0&.v=1). There have been at least 5 over the past 2 months. So he told a staffer, "Send out an endorsement to CT, but don't issue a press release and don't send it to our national list". Fair enough, but still disappointing.

low preference guy
07-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Ron also sent a national email for Schiff's first moneybomb. This email's purpose seems to have been making his endorsements explicit. For all we know Ron didn't know there was a moneybomb, but the staffer who wrote it did and added it in there.

That's not enough. I'm not saying Ron owes Peter a favor. I'm saying it's in the interest of Constitutional Government that everyone in Ron's email's list knows Peter Schiff is having a money bomb.

Helping one candidate all you can because he is your son is kinda lame. But again, I don't think Ron is doing that intentionally. Hope a national e-mail is sent tomorrow.

MRoCkEd
07-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Ron Paul's official endorsements look like this (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Ron-Paul-Endorses-Clint-bw-2928506989.html?x=0&.v=1). There have been at least 5 over the past 2 months. So he told a staffer, "Send out an endorsement to CT, but don't issue a press release and don't send it to our national list". Fair enough, but still disappointing.
Well I think Ron's endorsement of Schiff was assumed... I recall Ron endorsed him in a speech the night after Peter announced his candidacy. And he also sent an email promoting his moneybomb... But someone probably called Ron's office and said, "Peter Schiff is wondering why you didn't endorse him" so Ron responded by saying "send out my CT endorsements, Schiff and Torres."

Daamien
07-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Well I think Ron's endorsement of Schiff was assumed... I recall Ron endorsed him in a speech the night after Peter announced his candidacy. And he also sent an email promoting his moneybomb... But someone probably called Ron's office and said, "Peter Schiff is wondering why you didn't endorse him" so Ron responded by saying "send out my CT endorsements, Schiff and Torres."

Suddenly I have this image of Ron standing in front of a throne yelling:
"Release the Kraken!"

low preference guy
07-29-2010, 10:47 PM
If Ron Paul runs in 2012... look forward to many headaches for mistakes like this one. The same people of 2008 are still around, and they are going to make A LOT of mistakes.

ironmanjakarta
07-30-2010, 12:52 AM
lol

"Release the Kraken!"

AuH2O
07-30-2010, 07:24 AM

Those guys work on this all day. It's hard to make two mistakes in one day, especially one like the second one. But it's true, it could be a mistake and the e-mail will be sent tomorrow.

What fantasy world do you live in where multiple members of his Congressional staff work all day on money bomb promotional emails?

low preference guy
07-30-2010, 07:25 AM
What fantasy world do you live in where multiple members of his Congressional staff work all day on money bomb promotional emails?

they send e-mails very often. they should know how to send it to the right list.

SilentBull
07-30-2010, 08:07 AM
they send e-mails very often. they should know how to send it to the right list.

I agree. I don't think it's that hard. If they took the time to send that email, there's no extra effort to use the bigger list.

pacelli
07-30-2010, 10:29 AM
If Ron Paul runs in 2012... look forward to many headaches for mistakes like this one. The same people of 2008 are still around, and they are going to make A LOT of mistakes.

There were effective and ineffective people connected with Paul's 08 campaign. There's no need for me to rehash the list since it has been discussed on this forum ad nauseum, but I've learned from the past and have some logical standards for a 2012 run that will dictate how much I choose to donate. I maxed out to both the presidential and congressional campaigns. As we said in 2007/2008, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again, and expecting different results. And as Ron said during the 08 campaign, "its time for some real changes". That's where I stand.