PDA

View Full Version : Justin Amash endorsed by Freedom Works!

malkusm
07-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Awesome! This should give him a bump with only 5 days to go in the race!

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100729007059&newsLang=en

FreedomWorks PAC Endorses Justin Amash, Candidate in Michigan’s Third Congressional District
WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FreedomWorks PAC is pleased to announce its addition of conservative Justin Amash, congressional candidate in Michigan’s third District, to the Take America Back in 2010 campaign leading up to November. Amash earned the “Champion of Freedom” endorsement for his unwavering commitment to a limited government, free market agenda.

“When limited-government conservatives take back the majority in Washington this year, I am confident that Justin Amash will be among those leading the way.”
.Since 2008, Justin Amash has served the public as a member of the Michigan State House of Representatives, where he witnessed firsthand the stagnant and ineffective nature of an overreaching government. For this reason, Justin opposes all unnecessary tax hikes and encroachments on individual freedom, including Obamacare and the trillion dollar Obama “stimulus” bill.

FreedomWorks PAC applauds Justin Amash for his impressive history of transparency while serving the people of Michigan. Having never missed a vote, Amash publishes the upcoming voting agenda online, publishes all of his votes online in real-time on Facebook and Twitter, and directly responds to questions and comments regarding his votes.

FreedomWorks PAC will support the Amash campaign by organizing numerous Get Out The Vote (GOTV) efforts, including direct mailings, yard sign distribution, volunteer phone banks and neighborhood literature drops leading up to election day.

“The moral character and unwavering loyalty to limited government principles that Justin Amash has displayed during his career as a legislator in Michigan is exactly what Washington needs right now,” commented Matt Kibbe, President of FreedomWorks PAC.

“When limited-government conservatives take back the majority in Washington this year, I am confident that Justin Amash will be among those leading the way.”

For more information about this race and others that FreedomWorks PAC will be targeting in 2010 as part of the Take America Back campaign, please visit the PAC website, http://FreedomWorksPAC.org/ or contact FreedomWorks PAC Managing Director Rob Jordan at (202) 942-7624.

malkusm
07-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Bump....no one is excited by this? I think it's big!

brenden.b
07-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Ahh... You beat me to it! I was just about to post the same link. Oh well, good news is good news!!!

malkusm
07-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Woohoo! FreedomWorks is one word.

Whoops, sorry. Maybe a mod can correct my thread title :cool:

Jeremy
07-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Cool. Seems very last minute though. Then again we all found out about Amash kind of late in the game too.

Michigan11
07-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Hell yeah!

Justin has all the right endorsements and momentum in his favor, if we all spread the word and make some calls.

5 days to do our part and win this!

biles1234
07-29-2010, 08:07 PM
This is a huge endorsement. Who here is still not convinced Amash is the real deal??? Seriously?

MRoCkEd
07-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Amazing!

brenden.b
07-29-2010, 08:31 PM
This is a huge endorsement. Who here is still not convinced Amash is the real deal??? Seriously?

That is an excellent question...All doubt, God willing, will be removed on August 3rd.

randolphfuller
07-29-2010, 09:32 PM
We hqve no way of knowing. He resolutely declines to voice any criticism of War or the Empire! The incumbent in the seat is seeking was one of the twelve Republicans to vote against the Afghanistan supplemental. Gerald Ford's predecessor in that district was a member of America First. Mr. Amash appears to be was too timorous. Freedom movement adherents have every right to ask for more. Is he so frightened because he is Syrian?

Michigan11
07-29-2010, 09:43 PM
We hqve no way of knowing. He resolutely declines to voice any criticism of War or the Empire! The incumbent in the seat is seeking was one of the twelve Republicans to vote against the Afghanistan supplemental. Gerald Ford's predecessor in that district was a member of America First. Mr. Amash appears to be was too timorous. Freedom movement adherents have every right to ask for more. Is he so frightened because he is Syrian?

Unbelievable Rando! This needs to be decifered and he has already voiced against this, you haven't googled or looked have you? Syrian? wtf?

Yup, these types of posts are sort of strange at this hour, way past 5!

biles1234
07-29-2010, 09:51 PM
We hqve no way of knowing. He resolutely declines to voice any criticism of War or the Empire!

Regardless of Amash's views, your simple-minded idealistic views are the reason NO liberty candidates ever win. You cannot be that outspoken. It's an unfortunate political reality, but one other liberty-minded candidates must face if they want to be taken seriously by the average American voter. We must push for incremental change, nothing that would come off as radical BS to average Americans

brenden.b
07-30-2010, 07:11 AM

This is his stance on foreign policy, straight from his campaign website:

"National defense is an essential function of the federal government as provided in the United States Constitution. The full force of our armed forces should be unleashed when presented with genuine threats to our safety, such as active foreign aggression or invasion. The exclusive power of Congress to declare war must be respected, and executive reactions to imminent dangers must not be allowed to drag on without the express authorization of Congress. I'll fight to ensure that we abide by the Constitution and that perceived threats are truly a danger to our life, liberty, or sovereignty before sending American troops into harm’s way."

That sounds to me like a man that is a committed non-interventionist which, in fact, he is. What the hell else do you want from the guy? And what the hell does his supposedly being "Syrian" doing with anything, which he isn't even Syrian to my knowledge, and not to mention he is as American as you and I.

The ideological purists and ignorant wandering around this forum are absoutely driving me up the wall...

MRoCkEd
07-30-2010, 07:16 AM
randolph is the forum's debbie downer... don't let him get to you

**RANDOLPHFULLER HAS WON THE LOTTERY**
[randolphfuller] how tragic that this money came so late in life

malkusm
07-30-2010, 08:38 AM
randolph is the forum's debbie downer... don't let him get to you

**RANDOLPHFULLER HAS WON THE LOTTERY**
[randolphfuller] how tragic that this money came so late in life

Hahahaha

brenden.b
07-30-2010, 11:43 AM
I have Syrian heritage in me and it was not a factor for me liking Amash, I had no idea until it was brought up here and I looked it up, http://politicalgraveyard.com/group/arabic.html

I don't care what he is, as long as he is advancing liberty he is great in my book. He is smart not mentioning foreign policy.

Well said.

randolphfuller
07-30-2010, 01:27 PM
What would Dick or Liz Cheney have any objections to?