PDA

View Full Version : WSJ reports WikiLeaks docs traced to PFC Bradley Manning

GunnyFreedom
07-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Wall Street Journal reports that investigators have found concrete evidence linking Pfc. Bradley Manning with leak of classified Afghanistan war documents

Go to FoxNews.com for the latest on this developing story:
http://email.foxnews.com/t?ctl=50CE:F00D11262451C19A9E2005DEF240734A&

I'm throwing a bullshit flag on this one. I do not see the Army granting a PFC this kind of access in the first place, and they were already against him and looking for reasons to shut him up.

Looks like they just fabricated one. :mad:

specsaregood
07-29-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm throwing a bullshit flag on this one. I do not see the Army granting a PFC this kind of access in the first place, and they were already against him and looking for reasons to shut him up.

Why waste a perfectly good patsy?

GunnyFreedom
07-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Oh n/m he was an intell analyst w access to SIPRnet, so he did have clearance for intell docs, but I still don't seem him read into ops docs like the Afghanistan leak. I'll buy him accessing the Iraq collateral murder vid, but not the Afgh war logs.

Anti Federalist
07-29-2010, 11:54 AM

"Deep deep shit. How deep is the shit, Private Jerome?"

"About this deep Sergeant."

Dr.3D
07-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Somehow, he would have had a need to know. I doubt he had a need to know on all of that information.

Kludge
07-29-2010, 11:58 AM
The USG has good reason to plant someone to take the fall for this leak.

Wikileaks has (had?) a perfect record maintaining anonymity of those who leak out gov´t info. If this report is taken as true, Wikileaks´ potential informers will be less likely to submit classified information.

t0rnado
07-29-2010, 12:03 PM
The USG has good reason to plant someone to take the fall for this leak.

Wikileaks has (had?) a perfect record maintaining anonymity of those who leak out gov´t info. If this report is taken as true, Wikileaks´ potential informers will be less likely to submit classified information.

No, Wikileaks wasn't at fault here. Manning went into a chatroom with a "hacker" named Adrian Lamo who works for Wired magazine and then told him that he sent the Iraq video in and the 260000 cables. Lamo then sold him out to the FBI.

That snitch Adrian Lamo is to blame here and anyone who wants to give Wikileaks any information will know that much.

ravedown
07-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Pfc. Bradley Manning is getting revenge for "don't ask-don't tell". ha.

acptulsa
07-29-2010, 12:37 PM
'Nowadays we have diplomats work on wars for years before arranging them. That's so when it's over, nobody will know what they were fighting for. We lost thousands and spent billions, and you could hand a sheet of paper to one million different people and tell 'em to write down what the last war was for, and the only answer that will be alike will be, "Damned if I know."'--Will Rogers

After all that work, you can't blame them for getting upset when some truth gets out. Such a waste of time and money.

Aratus
07-29-2010, 01:56 PM
tis someone's five!sided!building high ranking personal laptop and/or reading list over the span of 4 to 5 years?