PDA

View Full Version : How can we get this guy to be...

TXcarlosTX
07-28-2010, 10:03 PM
a spokesmen for the Ron Paul Tea Party wing?

YouTube - Former President of NAACP (Asheville NC) HK Edgerton who carries the Confederate Flag (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvvEh8hvjz4&feature=related)

james1906
07-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Do you think anyone takes this guy seriously?

libertybrewcity
07-28-2010, 10:30 PM
confederate flag today=slavery. he should hold the don't tread on me flag. it would mean more.

james1906
07-28-2010, 10:33 PM
also, what's the deal with the NASCAR edition of the Rebel flag?

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-28-2010, 10:42 PM
also, what's the deal with the NASCAR edition of the Rebel flag?

LMAO. Yeah, I don't understand that either. Besides, that's not the national flag of the CSA, it is the battle flag of the Armies/Navy Jack. I do have to say though, as a purely aesthetic critique it is a beautiful design. I wouldn't ever support the CSA though (though, barring the inclusion of slavery in their Constitution, if you are going to support a Constitution you would do well to emulate theirs.), but I am a supporter of their right to seceede.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-28-2010, 11:40 PM
I know the man personally and yes people do take him seriously and he is very dedicated to the cause. He is a very highly educated man and is one of the kindest, most gentle spirits you will ever have the pleasure of getting to know. That said, HK would serve as a distraction by being one of the faces of the liberty movement. He is already doing what he knows to do for liberty but if we (or Ron Paul) were to throw him in front of national media cameras to endorse him than it would only serve as a distraction for the media. The conversation would not be on Ron Paul's policies but would instead turn into Ron Paul's beliefs regarding the Confederacy and nothing more. Most of us know the truth of that conflict but the average American does not and on the list of things that would bring them to our side, finding out they were wrong about a war that ended in 1865 is pretty low on the list. The only people this would appeal to are the members of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, League of the South, Military Order of the Stars and Bars, United Daughters of the Confederacy and some other smaller groups and since I am deeply involved with a couple of this groups I can safely say that a move of this nature would be akin to preaching to the choir as many of them are with us already.

I am glad HK is out there and I am glad he shares so many of our ideas but lets get people to focus on what is wrong in their lives and government at the present and show them what they can do to fix it. Once that happens than their eyes will open to truth regarding this sad chapter in American history in due course.

johngr
07-29-2010, 03:59 AM
I'd bet there were alot more like him before 1965. Both races were better off then, imo. "Civil rights", "war on poverty", HUD section 8 assistance, etc. robbed American Negro people of their self-reliance and the dignity that comes therefrom, as well their unique culture. Compare the music they made from the 1920s to 1970s to their "music" today.

Their (communist) "friends" certainly weren't their friends, as the gentleman alludes to.

WaltM
07-29-2010, 04:22 AM
does anybody take Theocrat seriously?

Aren't Uncle Toms funny? I think this guy was even on Penn & Teller Bullshit! (Episode Reparations)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._K._Edgerton

WaltM
07-29-2010, 04:27 AM
I know the man personally and yes people do take him seriously and he is very dedicated to the cause. He is a very highly educated man and is one of the kindest, most gentle spirits you will ever have the pleasure of getting to know. That said, HK would serve as a distraction by being one of the faces of the liberty movement. He is already doing what he knows to do for liberty but if we (or Ron Paul) were to throw him in front of national media cameras to endorse him than it would only serve as a distraction for the media.

In other words, he's too much and too smart for Americans to swallow, he'll only serve as a good laugh, and politically "hurt" the liberty movement.

The conversation would not be on Ron Paul's policies but would instead turn into Ron Paul's beliefs regarding the Confederacy and nothing more. Most of us know the truth of that conflict but the average American does not and on the list of things that would bring them to our side, finding out they were wrong about a war that ended in 1865 is pretty low on the list. The only people this would appeal to are the members of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, League of the South, Military Order of the Stars and Bars, United Daughters of the Confederacy and some other smaller groups and since I am deeply involved with a couple of this groups I can safely say that a move of this nature would be akin to preaching to the choir as many of them are with us already.

I am glad HK is out there and I am glad he shares so many of our ideas but lets get people to focus on what is wrong in their lives and government at the present and show them what they can do to fix it. Once that happens than their eyes will open to truth regarding this sad chapter in American history in due course.

Or, how about put the past behind us and worry about the present & future?

What I find interesting whenever the topic of the Civil War is brought up, many people think it's "too far away" and "We've since moved on", it's "long been forgotten, quit clinging", but the same people would not mind going back in time to 1776.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-29-2010, 04:30 AM
does anybody take Theocrat seriously?

Aren't Uncle Toms funny? I think this guy was even on Penn & Teller Bullshit! (Episode Reparations)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._K._Edgerton

I can assure you the man is no "Uncle Tom". Why is it that anytime somebody thinks for themselves there is always someone like you coming out of the woodwork to be critical and toss around insults. At least this man is doing something and not being some little bitch on a message board.

Btw, Theo did nothing to you and has nothing to do with this so why drag others into it?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-29-2010, 04:38 AM
In other words, he's too much and too smart for Americans to swallow, he'll only serve as a good laugh, and politically "hurt" the liberty movement.

Or, how about put the past behind us and worry about the present & future?

What I find interesting whenever the topic of the Civil War is brought up, many people think it's "too far away" and "We've since moved on", it's "long been forgotten, quit clinging", but the same people would not mind going back in time to 1776.

I personally do not want to move beyond the issues pertaining to the war of a million names as I feel a lot of what went on during this time period is directly related to the problems we have today. Even though it is important, you have to remember that the average American (even in the South) has been indoctrinated to believe anything Confederate = racist. It is an instance of picking your battles. If you can appeal to someone by using our founding fathers as examples than you do so. The brainwashing concerning this period has been nowhere near as heavy and the preconceived notions held by the average American regarding the Revolutionary War years and our founders are still essentially positive. When you appeal to the people and tie the issues regarding our founding to the state of our nation today than you can bring them in. Once they are in than you can open their eyes to other eras where they have been misled.

WaltM
07-29-2010, 04:50 AM
I can assure you the man is no "Uncle Tom". Why is it that anytime somebody thinks for themselves there is always someone like you coming out of the woodwork to be critical and toss around insults. At least this man is doing something and not being some little bitch on a message board.

My apologies, it wasn't a serious accusation, rather, parroting the common crock, not meant to advance the stereotype here.

Btw, Theo did nothing to you and has nothing to do with this so why drag others into it?

Did nothing to me, sure. I was asking if anybody takes him seriously while we're at it.

WaltM
07-29-2010, 04:52 AM
I personally do not want to move beyond the issues pertaining to the war of a million names as I feel a lot of what went on during this time period is directly related to the problems we have today. Even though it is important, you have to remember that the average American (even in the South) has been indoctrinated to believe anything Confederate = racist. It is an instance of picking your battles. If you can appeal to someone by using our founding fathers as examples than you do so. The brainwashing concerning this period has been nowhere near as heavy and the preconceived notions held by the average American regarding the Revolutionary War years and our founders are still essentially positive. When you appeal to the people and tie the issues regarding our founding to the state of our nation today than you can bring them in. Once they are in than you can open their eyes to other eras where they have been misled.

Thanks.

johngr
07-29-2010, 07:33 AM
Ron Paul had a good answer on the civil war on Maher: Every other Western nation that had slavery has abandoned it. They all did so without a fratricidal war.