View Full Version : Will you stand with me against insensitive 'Chipotle?'

BamaFanNKy
07-28-2010, 04:50 PM
http://reason.com/blog/2010/07/28/chipotle-to-ada-happy-freaking

MelissaWV
07-28-2010, 05:03 PM
lol what the hell?

This is a joke, right?

First off, why do you need to SEE what they're doing? You're just ordering stuff. This entire article is discriminatory against blind people who NEVER get to see the stuff that goes into the burritos!!!

Second, how stupid and time-consuming to have to go around and offer little taste spoonfuls to people in wheelchairs. Who the hell came up with that as a good idea to compensate people for not watching their burrito being made?

Dr.3D
07-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Well, damn.... they should just put a mirror on the ceiling.

amisspelledword
07-28-2010, 05:08 PM
logic fail.

on the other hand, this was a very timely decision.

dannno
07-28-2010, 05:15 PM
This is a great way to show people why being against the ADA is completely reasonable.

BlackTerrel
07-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Oh man I love Chipotle.

When something like this happens I always have to ask about the money incentive. Who is getting paid here?

specsaregood
07-28-2010, 06:09 PM
When something like this happens I always have to ask about the money incentive. Who is getting paid here?

Really? You have to ask? The answer is: lawyers. The answer is always: lawyers. Next time you find yourself asking yourself this question, the answer will still be lawyers. Glad to help you out there.

dude58677
07-28-2010, 06:31 PM
We do not need the ADA:

http://www.mindfreedom.org

GunnyFreedom
07-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Really? You have to ask? The answer is: lawyers. The answer is always: lawyers. Next time you find yourself asking yourself this question, the answer will still be lawyers. Glad to help you out there.

That's even funnier because it happens to be true.... lmao

MelissaWV
07-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Well, damn.... they should just put a mirror on the ceiling.

While this would solve the problem in one way, it would create a hostile working environment for women with cleavage, and a dangerous one for men working with knives while such a mirror hangs overhead and directs the eye ceilingward to view inverted cleavage of workers and customers alike.

BamaFanNKy
07-28-2010, 08:52 PM
While this would solve the problem in one way, it would create a hostile working environment for women with cleavage, and a dangerous one for men working with knives while such a mirror hangs overhead and directs the eye ceilingward to view inverted cleavage of workers and customers alike.

The way you just described it..... I support this new resolution. :D

BlackTerrel
07-28-2010, 08:58 PM

These kinds of articles would be funny if it wasn't for the absolute destruction of value it creates in the US economy. Now Chipotle spends hundreds of thousands of dollars to comply with these absurd laws and while companies like Chipotle will survive many smaller companies are forced out of business for this stupidity. All to line the pockets of these lawyers.

The benefit the handicapped get from this change to Chipotle is minimal (if it is existent at all).

Given the abysmal state of the economy is this really what companies need to be spending their money on? (Rhetorical question).

specsaregood
07-28-2010, 09:17 PM
These kinds of articles would be funny if it wasn't for the absolute destruction of value it creates in the US economy. Now Chipotle spends hundreds of thousands of dollars to comply with these absurd laws and while companies like Chipotle will survive many smaller companies are forced out of business for this stupidity.

You know this and I know this and most RPFers no doubt know this. But if you asked the people in D.C. they would say it is creating jobs.

This decision was just one big stimulus plan. /sarcasm

Promontorium
07-29-2010, 03:33 AM
This story reminds me that people outside California probably think Chipotle is good. If you've grown up on real San Francisco giant burritos that have permeated to every sidewalk taco truck in California over the decades, the lower quality, fewer choices, higher priced, fast food version that is Chipotle just doesn't hold up.

But I do give appreciation to Chipotle at least bump up the culinary education of many people outside of the south-west.

sailingaway
07-29-2010, 06:10 AM
The height of counters is for the convenience of setting trays on rails for customers and working on the counter side of as work space for standing workers. Is everyone else supposed to walk and work on their knees?

Dr.3D
07-29-2010, 06:29 AM

Sounds like it would help the process of natural selection. Those men who couldn't keep their eyes on their work, would either soon learn to do so or perhaps be missing fingers. Obviously those gawking at the mirrors rather than their work must have never seen cleavage and thus are trying to learn something new. In either case, it would be a learning experience for them.