PDA

View Full Version : Fancy Farm News: C-SPAN expected to cover it, 15,000 people expected

MRoCkEd
07-28-2010, 04:46 PM
http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/local/President-Clinton-could-be-among-Fancy-Farm-guests-99495149.html

FANCY FARM, Ky. - The world's largest picnic is just around the corner. And rumor has it, former president Bill Clinton could stop by this year.

The annual Fancy Farm picnic is also getting some national attention. C-SPAN is expected to cover the political event that attracts thousands of people to Fancy Farm each year.

One reason for all the attention is the heated race between Rand Paul and Jack Conway. Voth are going to be speaking.
Mark Wilson Political Chairman, Fancy Farm Picnic
"It'll be hot weather," said Mark Wilson, political chairman for the picnic. "It'll be a lot of hot speaking. I guarantee that. It's going to be a lot of hot barbecue and it's going to be, I don't know, it's going to be a juggling act between what's going to be the hottest."

There won't be a shortage of barbecue. They are planning for 15 thousand people.

BamaFanNKy
07-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Lovely. There goes all the BBQ and women.

thomas-in-ky
07-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Lovely. There goes all the BBQ and women.

Now that there is funny... I don't care who you are!

sailingaway
07-28-2010, 05:36 PM
And Dr. Dan will likely endorse Conway there....

So what are we going to do in response?

Worth some thought.

lx43
07-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Rand needs to have a lot of his people out there with signs to outnumber Conway.

sailingaway
07-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Rand needs to have a lot of his people out there with signs to outnumber Conway.

The unions bussed people in as pretend ADA protesters on Monday. I am sure there will be PLENTY of people with Conway signs.

sailingaway
07-29-2010, 06:00 AM
This just came out: http://westkentuckystar.com/News/Local---Regional/Western-Kentucky/Bill-Clinton--Sarah-Palin-Not-Attending-Picnic

" Bill Clinton, Sarah Palin Not Attending Picnic
By Joe Jackson

FANCY FARM, KY - Apparently the rumors about Bill Clinton and Sarah Palin attending this year's Fancy Farm Picnic were just that, rumors.

"It has been known for a few weeks that Bill Clinton will be in Kentucky for a cause in mid-August," said Mark Wilson, Political Chairman for the picnic. "There was also talk of Sarah Palin's attendance because she endorsed Rand Paul. We as organizers of the political speaking at Fancy Farm did not invite anyone of national stature to this years picnic."

Wilson said if he is ever formally approached by anyone of such stature, he would surely consider the option. ,,,"

Doesn't say how the rumor started.

Live_Free_Or_Die
07-29-2010, 06:45 AM
http://i26.tinypic.com/nmxnrs.jpg

it would be really great if some grassroots supporters had this banner or something like it blown up.......and had flyers........

catchy :)

TheDriver
07-29-2010, 09:50 AM
No way Bill would attend. This is an outdoor event in the middle of a hot Kentucky summer.

Aratus
07-29-2010, 01:43 PM
jack conway views FANCY FARM as if its the start of a footrace proper?
he held back totally save for a plethora of out of state fundraising gigs?

sailingaway
07-29-2010, 01:52 PM
jack conway views FANCY FARM as if its the start of a footrace proper?
he held back totally save for a plethora of out of state fundraising gigs?

It is traditionally seen as the start of the campaign season. And unlike Rand who has to actually motivate supporters to attend and support him, unions will be bussing people in for Conway, I'm sure, just as they did to people the 'ADA anniversary protest'.

rprprs
07-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Very glad to hear that Clinton is not attending. The attention he would have garnered would have been very difficult to counteract.

Nonetheless, Rand needs to have LOTS of supporters there.

Ethek
07-30-2010, 08:20 AM
It is traditionally seen as the start of the campaign season. And unlike Rand who has to actually motivate supporters to attend and support him, unions will be bussing people in for Conway, I'm sure, just as they did to people the 'ADA anniversary protest'.

Any buses will be easy to spot at the Fancy farm event. No where to hide them there. I don't thin it won't go over well.

sailingaway
07-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Any buses will be easy to spot at the Fancy farm event. No where to hide them there. I don't thin it won't go over well.

They are meeting at a hotel for a labor meeting with the main force, and a 'bean supper' the night before. I'm trying believe the bean supper is not their WMD to clear the speaking canopy from all but Democrats the next day for the speakers.

Adrock
07-31-2010, 01:47 PM
I was also glad to hear Clinton is not attending. Has there been any new news on if Dan Mongiardo endorsing Conway? I know he is scheduled to speak at the Fancy Farm.

sailingaway
07-31-2010, 06:18 PM
I was also glad to hear Clinton is not attending. Has there been any new news on if Dan Mongiardo endorsing Conway? I know he is scheduled to speak at the Fancy Farm.

I'm pretty sure he will. At least I saw sites discussing "what Conway is paying for" in regards to the debt. I haven't seen any announcement. Doubtless they want it to be at fancy farm.

Aratus
08-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Jake of page*1 has discovered that a google search of the name 'jack conway" brings to
the top a N.E area realtor on the cape. there is a house on sale in the town of plymouth.
the waggish blogger who has wax'd and wained in his support of the A.G was wondering if
poor "Lt. Dan" was about to sell his KY farmhouse to pay his campaign debt and the A.G
would be the intermediary to any agreement. if the Lt. governor is politely cool and slightly
rather than significantly pleased with a jack conway win all told, if he is indeed lukewarm as he
endorses the A.G... does any hesitancy help along Rand with the moderates out there...?

ljwestmcsd
08-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Jake of page*1 has discovered that a google search of the name 'jack conway" brings to
the top a N.E area realtor on the cape. there is a house on sale in the town of plymouth.
the waggish blogger who has wax'd and wained in his support of the A.G was wondering if
poor "Lt. Dan" was about to sell his KY farmhouse to pay his campaign debt and the A.G
would be the intermediary to any agreement. if the Lt. governor is politely cool and slightly
rather than significantly pleased with a jack conway win all told, if he is indeed lukewarm as he
endorses the A.G... does any hesitancy help along Rand with the moderates out there...?

The realtor, at www.jackconway.com, is down to number 2, but I clicked on the link, (that's www.jackconway.com,) hoping to help get it back to the number one spot again, if google looks at such things.
Luckily for us, there is no place on www.jackconway.com saying "if you are looking for the Senate candidate, go here..."

www.jackconway2010.com is in the middle of the google front page -- any way to make it higher?