PDA

View Full Version : ‘Outrage’ as Cameron Slams Gaza Blockade

Agorism
07-28-2010, 10:21 AM
‘Outrage’ as Cameron Slams Gaza Blockade
Israeli Envoy Condemns British PM (http://news.antiwar.com/2010/07/27/outrage-as-cameron-slams-gaza-blockade)

"British Prime Minister David Cameron is facing a massive backlash today following his criticism of the ongoing blockade of the Gaza Strip. Cameron insisted the blockade ‘has to change’ and that the strip “must not be allowed to remain a prison camp.”

puppetmaster
07-28-2010, 10:25 AM
from whom does this major backlash originate....

Imaginos
07-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Ok, so when Cameron will resign?
Which puppet will replace him?

Liberty Star
07-28-2010, 10:44 AM
To repeat, best way to end this kind of state sposored terrorism and oppresion is to immediately cut off all military and financial aid to all parasite foreign states without singling out any single state.

This is starting to strain US economy and civil liberties in a massive way.

BlackTerrel
07-28-2010, 04:09 PM
from whom does this major backlash originate....

This is why I don't like antiwar.com They are like a tabloid. And it's probably why they are begging for funding every 30 seconds. Here's the major backlash according to the article.

Israeli Ambassador to Britain Ron Prosor expressed outrage at the statement, insisting that Cameron should have focused instead on Gilad Shalit, the captured Israeli soldier being held by the Hamas government.

A number of Israel enthusiasts also complained that it was unfair of Cameron to mention the Israeli blockade of Gaza without insisting that it was entirely the fault of Hamas, and a number suggested that Cameron, a long standing pro-Israel hawk, had “turned” on Israel with the comments.

So the only guy who he says was outraged was the Israeli ambassador. To get what he said you have to click another link and this is the quote from the "outraged ambassador"

Ron Prosor, Israel's often combative ambassador to Britain, hit back with a sharp statement: "The people of Gaza are the prisoners of the terrorist organisation Hamas. The situation in Gaza is the direct result of Hamas's rule and priorities."

Wow somebody calm that guy down. This is one of those things where the article and the headline don't exactly much. And that's being kind.

Old Ducker
07-28-2010, 04:13 PM
This is why I don't like antiwar.com They are like a tabloid. And it's probably why they are begging for funding every 30 seconds. Here's the major backlash according to the article.

I have a hard time imagining a libertarian of any stripe not liking antiwar.com

Jeremy
07-28-2010, 04:21 PM

They always beg for funding because, unlike most liberty sites, they pay their writers. Plenty of other good sites exist without paid writers.

BlackTerrel
07-28-2010, 06:07 PM
I have a hard time imagining a libertarian of any stripe not liking antiwar.com

I'm not a big fan of fear mongering or hyperbole. antiwar does both regularly. At least from the articles I see posted here. I never visit the site on my own.

This article is one of many examples. The title and the actual content don't match at all. It should be titled "Israeli ambassador disagrees with remarks by Cameron".

nicoledc109
07-28-2010, 06:48 PM
‘Outrage’ as Cameron Slams Gaza Blockade
Israeli Envoy Condemns British PM (http://news.antiwar.com/2010/07/27/outrage-as-cameron-slams-gaza-blockade)

"British Prime Minister David Cameron is facing a massive backlash today following his criticism of the ongoing blockade of the Gaza Strip. Cameron insisted the blockade ‘has to change’ and that the strip “must not be allowed to remain a prison camp.”

Thanks for sharing.