PDA

View Full Version : Search Function

demosthenes
10-15-2007, 06:29 PM
I would do a search for a topic about this, but its disabled. And thats the reason i made this topic, it seems the search function gets enabled and disabled on a random timeline. Could anyone please inform me, i seem to be in the dark on this one

leipo
10-15-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm confused aswell...

foofighter20x
10-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Using the search function eats bandwidth, so the site is configured to automatically turn it off when the total number of online users rises above 300.

If it was left on, it would crash the site.

Matt Collins
10-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Using the search function eats bandwidth, so the site is configured to automatically turn it off when the total number of online users rises above 300.

If it was left on, it would crash the site.Wrong.

It's not bandwidth, it's system resources internal to the server, specifically RAM.

This SHOULD'VE been fixed MONTHS ago, but I think the owners of this thing are working on the campaign HQ timeline for getting things done. :rolleyes:

And yes I have offered to help instead of sit on the sidelines and bitch and moan about it. Apparently they don't want my help, or that of anyone else.

Bryan
10-16-2007, 12:10 AM
Our vBulletin expert started getting the new sever ready today, we should be moving over very soon (under 48 hours).

After this we won't have to disable seaching- sorry, I know it's a pain.

hard@work
10-16-2007, 12:44 AM
I recall a simpler time when people were complaining about the "new posts" button. Oh, those were the days.

:rolleyes:

Matt Collins
10-16-2007, 01:04 AM
Our vBulletin expert started getting the new sever ready today, we should be moving over very soon (under 48 hours).No offense... but I heard that last week. I'll believe it when I see it.

demosthenes
10-16-2007, 06:10 AM
Responses appreciated, thanks