PDA

View Full Version : Update On Illegal Sheriff's Election (Arkansas)!!

reduen
07-27-2010, 10:24 AM
It is really fixin to hit the fan here in Stone County Arkansas!!! :cool:

The time for sitting back and letting our elected officials break the law anytime that they want to is past......!

http://radio.securenetsystems.net/radio_player_large.cfm?stationCallSign=KJMT-OD

reduen
07-27-2010, 10:41 AM
This thing could get real expensive, real quick folks so any help you all could give us would be greatly appreciated!!

Below is the ChipIn page:

http://russaikenforsheriff.chipin.com/lawsuit-for-illegal-sheriffs-election-in-arkansas

reduen
07-27-2010, 11:11 AM
I am currently working on getting Sheriff Richard Mack to endorse what we are doing here and endorse this candidate (Russ Aiken) in general. It may help lend some credibility to our efforts here....

reduen
07-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Tomorrow should be a big day...!!!!

speciallyblend
07-28-2010, 08:08 PM
blimpin

tjeffersonsghost
07-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Whats going on?

ninepointfive
07-28-2010, 09:06 PM
yes, more info please!

mrsat_98
07-28-2010, 09:30 PM
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=110898&catid=2

local story with video

reduen
07-29-2010, 05:19 PM
All papers have been served and the trial is set for tomorrow at 10:00am in Little Rock, AR....!

reduen
08-02-2010, 08:22 AM
The injunction was denied and the court will rule whether this is an illegal election or not within the next couple of weeks....

reduen
08-16-2010, 02:25 PM
ANOTHER BATTLE WON HERE IN ARKANSAS!!!!!!!

Today the judge ruled in our favor and the "special election" was ruled illegal and invalid.......! :):):):):):cool:

God Bless you all!!!!!!

Chris R.

reduen
08-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Proof:

http://arkansasmatters.com/news-fulltext/?nxd_id=340695

nobody's_hero
08-16-2010, 02:37 PM
So, who are we rooting for?

If it's the republican, then what the hell is he doing?!?!?!

I know the law is the law, but if the democrats want to break it, then it will be to their dismay that 2 democrats will split the vote while a republican walks away with the win.

P.S. What kind of stupid law states that a tie between two primary candidates means that neither will appear on the ballot?

Of course, if neither democrat appears on the ballot, then he walks away with an assured win, but, again, "WTF?"

reduen
08-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Ok, as it stands right now (before any appeal) there will be no democrat candidate on the ballot for this position.

The law that was broken is in place so that there is a limit to when a "special election" can be called for, thereby saving the Arkansas taxpayers a bunch of money.

In this case on the democrat side, we had a prefferential primary in which there were three democrat candidates running for this position. None of them recieved a majority of the vote so then we had a general primary between the top two vote getting candidates to try and fill this position on the democrat side. At this general primary there was a dead tie between the two remaining candidates and thereby creating a vacancy.

Now in essence, we had already paid for two primaries (three including the illegal special primary just held...)to try and fill this one spot and we were no closer to having a winner than when we started. To keep the taxpayers from having to pay for yet another election to find a candidate for this one position the law limits the reasons that a special primary can be held... I mean, how many election should we have to pay for just to get a democrat candidate for one certain position...?

So, who are we rooting for?

If it's the republican, then what the hell is he doing?!?!?!

I know the law is the law, but if the democrats want to break it, then it will be to their dismay that 2 democrats will split the vote while a republican walks away with the win.

P.S. What kind of stupid law states that a tie between two primary candidates means that neither will appear on the ballot?

Of course, if neither democrat appears on the ballot, then he walks away with an assured win, but, again, "WTF?"

nobody's_hero
08-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Ok, as it stands right now (before any appeal) there will be no democrat candidate on the ballot for this position.

The law that was broken is in place so that there is a limit to when a "special election" can be called for, thereby saving the Arkansas taxpayers a bunch of money.

In this case on the democrat side, we had a prefferential primary in which there were three democrat candidates running for this position. None of them recieved a majority of the vote so then we had a general primary between the top two vote getting candidates to try and fill this position on the democrat side. At this general primary there was a dead tie between the two remaining candidates and thereby creating a vacancy.

Now in essence, we had already paid for two primaries to try and fill this one spot and we were no closer to having a winner than when we started. To keep the taxpayers from having to pay for yet another election to find a candidate for this one position the law limits the reasons that a special primary can be held... I mean, how many election should we have to pay for just to get a democrat candidate for one certain position...?

Okay, I get what you're saying now. I would much prefer it if the parties themselves would decide on the candidate in convention. Third parties get no benefit of a tax-payer funded primary election in Georgia, and the libertarians here decide their candidates in that party's convention.

reduen
08-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Okay, I get what you're saying now. I would much prefer it if the parties themselves would decide on the candidate in convention. Third parties get no benefit of a tax-payer funded primary election in Georgia, and the libertarians here decide their candidates in that party's convention.

I absolutely agree with you here. In this case, the democrat party may well could have chosen their candidate at convention or even flipped a coin to come up with their candidate but they chose to call for an illegal proclamation from the governor instead and put the taxpayers on the line for another $32k just to fill one position.

In doing so , they pretty much circumvented the secretary of state who is supposed to be the ultimate authority concerning this states elections.....