PDA

View Full Version : “Top Secret America”: The Rest Of The Story CHUCK BALDWIN

bobbyw24
07-27-2010, 10:19 AM
The Monday, July 19, 2010, edition of The Washington Post featured an investigative report entitled “Top Secret America,” with the subtitle, “A hidden world, growing beyond control.” The report begins, “The top-secret world the government created in response to the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, has become so large, so unwieldy and so secretive that no one knows how much money it costs, how many people it employs, how many programs exist within it or exactly how many agencies do the same work.

“These are some of the findings of a two-year investigation by The Washington Post that discovered what amounts to an alternative geography of the United States, a Top Secret America hidden from public view and lacking in thorough oversight. After nine years of unprecedented spending and growth, the result is that the system put in place to keep the United States safe is so massive that its effectiveness is impossible to determine.

“The investigation’s other findings include:

*Some 1,271 government organizations and 1,931 private companies work on programs related to counterterrorism, homeland security and intelligence in about 10,000 locations across the United States.

*An estimated 854,000 people, nearly 1.5 times as many people as live in Washington, D.C., hold top-secret security clearances.

*In Washington and the surrounding area, 33 building complexes for top-secret intelligence work are under construction or have been built since September 2001. Together they occupy the equivalent of almost three Pentagons or 22 U.S. Capitol buildings–about 17 million square feet of space.

*Many security and intelligence agencies do the same work, creating redundancy and waste. For example, 51 federal organizations and military commands, operating in 15 U.S. cities, track the flow of money to and from terrorist networks.

*Analysts who make sense of documents and conversations obtained by foreign and domestic spying share their judgment by publishing 50,000 intelligence reports each year–a volume so large that many are routinely ignored.”

On the surface, the Post report appears to be a valiant effort by a major mainstream newspaper (second in influence to only the New York Times) to expose widespread government abuse and chicanery. But don’t get too excited yet.

In Joel Skousen’s World Affairs Brief (July 23, 2010), Skousen writes, “The [Post] series has just enough tantalizing information to sell a lot of papers, but almost nothing that exposes the illicit side of US operations–a large portion of which is involved in recruiting, training, and running covert agents–only a small portion of which are spying on real enemies. A lot of spying targets our allies and patriotic Americans who the government worries could someday provide a source of rebellion against the growing totalitarian state.”

Skousen further charges that there is a “dark side” to “each agency of [federal] law enforcement.” This “dark side” involves “a lot of compartmentalization, front activities, hidden budgets and false stories in order to keep honest government employees and agents from knowing what’s going on behind their backs.”

Skousen continues: “What few do get a glimpse into government’s dark side are warned off with threats, some subtle and some lethal–threats which send a chilling message to others to not ‘ask too many questions.’” Skousen then quotes the Post report as saying that since 9/11, the NSA (National Security Agency) has grown to where it now consumes “1.7 billion pieces of intercepted communications every 24 hours: emails, bulletin board postings, instant messages, IP addresses, phone numbers, telephone calls and cellular conversations.”

Concerning all those government organizations and private companies working on counterterrorism projects that the Post report refers to, Skousen writes, “Once again, the series tells us nothing about the substance of what they do, much of which is unsavory and illegal.”

Skousen goes on to say, “What [the Post report] won’t tell you is that almost a third of these [NSA] operations are dedicated to black operations against Americans and other Western governments who need to be surveilled in order to control them and keep them from resisting the agenda of the New World Order. Much expense is allocated to spying on the unsavory private behavior of Congressmen, and even State officials–building compromising dossiers on people who influence the political process so they can be coerced into compliance when necessary.”

Skousen also chides the Post report for failing “to show how connected certain companies are to the mercenary contractor explosion that is growing into a force that will eventually be used to threaten individual liberties at home. The Powers That Be don’t need to hire foreign armies to clamp down on American dissidents. They are training hundreds of thousands of mercenary Americans to do it and using foreign wars to sort out who is ruthless enough or unprincipled enough to take orders without questions–similar to the way the Nazis sorted and selected those who would form the Brownshirt and SS brigades.”

See Joel Skousen’s World Affairs Brief at:

http://www.worldaffairsbrief.com/

See The Washington Post report at:

http://tinyurl.com/washpost-hidden-world

In short, while claiming to expose the federal government’s “hidden world,” the Post report actually does little to uncover the illegal and dark activities that Washington employs against the US citizenry, and by so doing serves more to cover up this sinister activity. Even so, do you not find it more than a little interesting just how few media sources did anything to pick up the Post report? Did you read any of this in your local paper? Did you see anything of this on CNN or Fox News? Come on, folks! You are aware that most of the media outlets (including network television) in this country obtain the vast majority of their “news” from The New York Times and The Washington Post, are you not? So, how convenient is it that this report (such as it is) was virtually ignored?

http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/home/?p=1926

LiveFree79
07-27-2010, 10:24 AM
I love Joel Skoussen. I've listend to a lot of his inteviews. He did one on Coast To Coast about WWIII and it was very very on the mark. The most important thing he ever said was that there is a very sinister force that motivates the people who contorl the world. That force is satanic. Meaning that.............most of these handful of people that control the world are not motivated by simply greed i.e. more material wealth or even power........but something more. He thinks some sort of satanical beliefs. I mean these people have everything and have more power than anything. They really don't need more of both. Anyways, I find him right on the mark in most of what he says. Thanks for the post.

IPSecure
07-27-2010, 10:30 AM
http://static.infowars.com/2010/07/i/guest-photos/baldwin.jpg

Alex welcomes back to the show Chuck Baldwin, founder-pastor of Crossroad Baptist Church in Pensacola, Florida, and the presidential nominee of the Constitution Party for the 2008 election.

Baldwin edited The Freedom Documents, an anthology containing 50 essential documents of American history.

Alex and Mr. Baldwin will discuss Chuck's article DC Declares War On States and other important issues. Stream (http://www.infowars.com/infowars.asx)

stu2002
07-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Luv me some Chuck

00_Pete
07-27-2010, 10:54 AM
I love Joel Skoussen. I've listend to a lot of his inteviews. He did one on Coast To Coast about WWIII and it was very very on the mark. The most important thing he ever said was that there is a very sinister force that motivates the people who contorl the world. That force is satanic. Meaning that.............most of these handful of people that control the world are not motivated by simply greed i.e. more material wealth or even power........but something more. He thinks some sort of satanical beliefs. I mean these people have everything and have more power than anything. They really don't need more of both. Anyways, I find him right on the mark in most of what he says. Thanks for the post.

Love his uncle too, Cleon Skousen, a GIANT. He was one of the pioneers...one of the first to denounce that the Communist Conspiracy actually involves super-powerful super-rich forces in the USA and the West and he was fearless, he had no problem poiting the finger at the Big Boys.

I highly recomend his books (The Naked Communist and The Naked Capitalist) and lectures to anyone, both "secular" and christians. His more christian works and lectures are also a must to any christian, love how he applies the Bible to everything that is happening.

God-willing, when this conspiracy is defeated, the now correct History books will says that people like Joel and Cleon were the sane ones after all.

PS - There is also a "Austrian" economist in the Skousen clan called Mark i think.