PDA

View Full Version : Paul Ryan schools Chris Matthews

wehrwd
07-26-2010, 07:19 PM
I happened to catch Rep. Paul Ryan on Hardball with Chris Matthews today, and I thought this was one of the best Hardball segments I've ever seen. I can't stand Matthews, for reasons most people here can already guess, and I love how Ryan completely schools Matthews in only seven minutes.

YouTube - Paul Ryan talks taxes & spending with MSNBC's Chris Matthews (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0a_DSuh628&feature=player_embedded)

Incidentally, I do think it's pathetic that so many Republicans aren't willing to say where'd they make cuts and I'll concede Matthews has a point there. I wish he were as fervent about pressing politicians on how we'd avoid winding up in Greece's situation and what we'd cut when we finally have to cut.

Sentient Void
07-26-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm curious about this Paul Ryan guy. Will have to find out more.

Great vid - thanks for sharing. He shot Chris down easy.

low preference guy
07-26-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm curious about this Paul Ryan guy. Will have to find out more.

Great vid - thanks for sharing. He shot Chris down easy.

Bailout voter for starters.

haaaylee
07-26-2010, 08:34 PM
paul ryan is legit on economics issues from what i've seen, i like him in that regard. and he is a good speaker.

YouTube - Paul Ryan: A Time for Choosing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G6yITxq4as)

YouTube - Paul Ryan Calls for Reaffirmation of the Idea of America (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XBnDbhKTow)

YouTube - Paul Ryan: We need to cut spending! Holy Cow! A novel idea in Washington. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUYhVhfyNkU)

"The American People, guess what? This is their money. We don't just make it up. Actually, they're printing a lot of it up down at the Federal Reserve . . . ."

nate895
07-26-2010, 08:36 PM
To be fair, it is easy for any individual with functioning brain cells to school Chris Matthews.

Koz
07-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Ryan always comes off very sharp. Fiscally he seems very good. Foreign policy I have no clue.

nobody's_hero
Ryan: "Now, if you try and blame these tax cuts, and the wars, for all of our fiscal problems."

This guy has obviously never seen the pie chart that shows U.S. military spending versus the rest of the universe combined.

Koz
Bailout voter for starters.

Oops, I guess I was mistaken.

nate895
07-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Ryan: "Now, if you try and blame these tax cuts, and the wars, for all of our fiscal problems."

This guy has obviously never seen the pie chart that shows U.S. military spending versus the rest of the universe combined.

What he said is true. It isn't all the wars and tax cuts. Most of the deficit is from other stuff. That doesn't mean our DoD budget isn't bloated, it just isn't as bloated as many Democrats like to claim in order to get themselves off the hook for all of the spending they've done over the past couple of years.

Cutlerzzz
07-26-2010, 09:10 PM
Ryan(my Rep) voted for the Bailouts and the Bush Stimulus, while Crowley voted for the Iraq War.

Ryan won the argument, but is no friend of Liberty.

Kregisen
07-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Ryan(my Rep) voted for the Bailouts and the Bush Stimulus, while Crowley voted for the Iraq War.

I love hypocrites.

malkusm
07-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Yeah, Paul Ryan voted for the bailouts....etc.

Side note: My God, Crowley is a dumbass. "Higher taxes are a small price to pay to live in the greatest country in the world?"

(1) Why do you think this is the greatest country in the world? (Assuming it is.)
(2) Why do you suppose that your argument didn't work to keep America's manufacturing base here in this country? Why wouldn't they want to manufacture goods in the greatest country in the world?
(3) Why do you assume that you can take any arbitrary amount out of my pockets?

Legend1104
07-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Yeah, Paul Ryan voted for the bailouts....etc.

Side note: My God, Crowley is a dumbass. "Higher taxes are a small price to pay to live in the greatest country in the world?"

(1) Why do you think this is the greatest country in the world? (Assuming it is.)
(2) Why do you suppose that your argument didn't work to keep America's manufacturing base here in this country? Why wouldn't they want to manufacture goods in the greatest country in the world?
(3) Why do you assume that you can take any arbitrary amount out of my pockets?

Yeah, that part made my skin crawl. The very idea that we owe the government for allowing us to live in this country. Sick. That shows the general understanding of government for most people. The government exists for us, we owe nothing to it. The government is created to preserve justice and protect our liberty, not give us a great economy. We are not it's children, we do not owe it loyalty, or our livelyhood. The only thing I think I owe are those people that died and fought to give me this country, but I only owe to them the assurance that I will preserve the freedom they gained for me, not my finances. Furthermore, even if we did owe it our finances some would not owe more than others because we all have the same amount of freedom from God to protect.

paulpwns
07-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Crowley gives me chills down my spine.

What a creeper.

Ryan is FOS

malkusm
07-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Yeah, that part made my skin crawl. The very idea that we owe the government for allowing us to live in this country. Sick. That shows the general understanding of government for most people. The government exists for us, we owe nothing to it. The government is created to preserve justice and protect our liberty, not give us a great economy. We are not it's children, we do not owe it loyalty, or our livelyhood. The only thing I think I owe are those people that died and fought to give me this country, but I only owe to them the assurance that I will preserve the freedom they gained for me, not my finances. Furthermore, even if we did owe it our finances some would not owe more than others because we all have the same amount of freedom from God to protect.

http://www.colectiva.tv/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/lkzyz89efm_clap.gif

michaelwise
07-26-2010, 09:48 PM
So, exempt the 75% of small business owners who file as individuals and raise the taxes on the rest. What's the problem?

Sentient Void
07-26-2010, 10:14 PM

Ryan won the argument, but is no friend of Liberty.

How unfortunate. Inconsistency pisses me off.

Consistency is one of the main reasons I'm an ancap.

libertybrewcity
07-26-2010, 10:16 PM
neocon bailout voter warmonger.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
07-26-2010, 10:20 PM
I liked him..........back in my neo-con days.

Sentient Void
07-26-2010, 10:23 PM
I liked him..........back in my neo-con days.

Ahhhh, yes. Those were the days. I had my raging neocon imperialist bastard days as well.

Ignorance can be bliss.