PDA

View Full Version : Shameful: No mention of Jack at NetRoots by AP/Kentucky Newspapers

Chieftain1776
07-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Seriously Rand Paul speaks at local tea parties and there's a front page story. He (fairly) is repeatedly associated with the tea party and conservative movements in news reports.

Jack on the other hand:

1) Not only shows up at a National Progressive Conference (in Vegas) but is a featured Netroots speaker.
2) Takes policy positions on national issues important to progressives but won't put them on his website as they are deeply unpopular in Kentucky.
3) Specifically calls for help and funding from them. Did they even ever report on the Moveon.org/DailyKos endorsement?

In fact I wonder if he didn't coordinate with reporters to make sure they didn't report on his attendance. Not that he needed to... they know what how to spin for Jack without being told.

sailingaway
07-26-2010, 03:55 PM
so Obama could better push his agenda through. Apparently he spoke on that topic at Netroots. Right after earlier that day telling the Farm Bureau that he was a moderate, fiscally conservative Democrat, to the point of wanting to (newly) extend the Bush tax cuts including the death tax.

One of these days Conway is going to forget which audience he is speaking to and either give Kentucky the 'progressive rising star' performance, or convince the progressives out of state that he is, indeed, a moderate democrat, unlike his Daily Kos billing...

Chieftain1776
07-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Oh I forgot about this. Not only do they hide him but they make ridiculous headlines like this one today...after the netroots conference.

"While Rand Paul makes news, opponent keeps head down"

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/26/1747352/while-rand-paul-makes-news-opponent.html

Wow!

This is pretty despicable stuff! Anyone who refers to themselves as "journalist" or "reporter" is really a "democratic hack" until they prove otherwise.

TheDriver
07-26-2010, 09:40 PM
Kentucky print media had a meeting today, here is a pic:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZiPiXEv_Q_g/ST_ghR8xhAI/AAAAAAAACF8/Hvyn42ntGTI/s320/inflation-is-elephant-in-room.jpg

I'm not sure what it says that the KY media totally ignored his trip to Sin City????

Matt Collins
07-26-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm not sure what it says that the KY media totally ignored his trip to Sin City????That they have an agenda :mad:

sailingaway
07-26-2010, 11:31 PM
That they have an agenda :mad:

No joke. Gerth wrote up the FEC reports on campaign financing without once mentioning the huge disparity in PAC funding of Conway, etc. Why bother writing it up at all if you don't even hit the top conclusions?

low preference guy
07-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Why bother writing it up at all if you don't even hit the top conclusions?

Because the Courier Journal is a division of Conway's PR Department. And I'm not using hyperbole.

itshappening
07-27-2010, 04:29 AM
Conway has a free pass in the media like Obama

I can't believe how transparent he is though telling different audiences what they want to hear

i think there can be some ads made out of it anyway.

Cowlesy
07-27-2010, 04:59 AM
No joke. Gerth wrote up the FEC reports on campaign financing without once mentioning the huge disparity in PAC funding of Conway, etc. Why bother writing it up at all if you don't even hit the top conclusions?

That really is shoddy reporting. I think it would be hard to call yourself a true reporter when one introduces so much bias into one's work.

RonPaulFanInGA
07-27-2010, 05:27 AM
Jack Conway hangs out with the repugnant nutroots and nary a whimper from the Kentucky media.

Nathan Hale
07-27-2010, 06:29 AM
If I'm not mistaken, there are a series of debates coming up. Likely, one or more of those debates will have a segment where the candidates ask questions of each other. Perhaps Conmanway's speech in NV where he espouses his more liberal positions that are unpopular in KY could be quoted by Rand in a question to Conmanway.

itshappening
07-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Markos from Daily Kos hails and cheers the pro-war Democrat.

Is anyone surprised?

sailingaway
07-28-2010, 09:35 PM
http://bluearkansasblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/IMG_11131-300x225.jpg

Caption to this was:

" Me, Laura, and Beth from Progressive PST (she set up the twitter account for the Draft Halter effort) with Kentucky AG Jack Conway, the only man standing in the way of Rand Paul. "