PDA

View Full Version : Lefties Desire a Palin Candidacy most, Paul a distant 2nd

AuH20
07-26-2010, 02:38 PM
It's actually not close, but he's catching on!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20011633-503544.html

In a straw poll of attendees at the Netroots Nation conference in Las Vegas over the weekend, 48 percent of respondents said they’d like to see Palin as the Republican Party’s 2012 nominee. Rep. Ron Paul came in a distant second, at 11 percent. Ten percent voted for Rick Santorum, 9 percent for Mitt Romney and 8 percent for Newt Gingrich. Seven percent chose Tim Pawlenty, while 5 percent said Mike Huckabee, and 1 percent said Rep. Mike Pence.

nobody's_hero
07-26-2010, 03:39 PM
If Palin is first, then Paul is probably second because they're looking for the candidate they believe is the craziest 'right-winger' they can find to beat in 2012. I know WE don't think of Ron that way, but on the left, his anti-war sentiments only score him so many points, before the rampant distrust of 'capitalism' in their heads leads them to think that Ron Paul is just some wacko that would 'leave America at the mercy of the unregulated "free" market'.

Lovecraftian4Paul
07-26-2010, 03:44 PM
The left doesn't give a damn about what's good for the country, even according to their own demented beliefs. They care only about a Dem in the White House, that's it. What little credibility they had was blown when they started giving Obama a free pass on the wars for being a liberal black man. "No Blood for Oil" was always about that Mean Mr. Bush, not true opposition to senseless wars.

Anti Federalist
07-26-2010, 03:47 PM
The left doesn't give a damn about what's good for the country, even according to their own demented beliefs. They care only about a Dem in the White House, that's it. What little credibility they had was blown when they started giving Obama a free pass on the wars for being a liberal black man. "No Blood for Oil" was always about that Mean Mr. Bush, not true opposition to senseless wars.

That ^^^

johngr
07-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Those who chose Dr. Paul haven't thought it through at all and/or can't see objectively beyond their ideology. Good to see there's so many dimwitted liberals. They'd better be careful what they wish for. With his massive grass roots support and a base that would be exponentially energised by winning the nomination, Ron Paul would stomp Obama. Seriously, can you imagine those two in a debate?

KurtBoyer25L
07-26-2010, 04:42 PM
I hope Ron realizes that if he runs, and we can somehow, someway get him through the primary, he'll comfortably beat Obama in the general.

Ron Paul is more of a true liberal than Obama and probably more liberal than most of the people at netroots -- that is, if people are defined by actions and actual policy positions, not rhetoric and media vibe. RP would not just decriminalize weed, but move to end racist and classist conditions perpetuated by the drug war. He would fight the racist & classist monetary controls of the Fed, Wall Street and government-aided corporations. With what legal federal funds we do have, he would tide over poor people instead of extending aggressive wars and occupations. He would recognize those of alternative religion or sexuality as equal citizens under the law. These are all liberal reforms, traditional left-wing causes that have been forgotten, buried, and ignored. I think we can score a tremendous young-left vote for Ron Paul with a little elbow grease and some cooperation with our friends at colleges.

Aratus
07-27-2010, 12:34 PM
ex-gov sarah palin is not quite the total favorite of the fatcats...
rep. ron paul is pure rEVOLUTIOn and internet driven!
all others are total slushfund & PAC money...

libertybrewcity
08-21-2010, 12:31 PM
The left people want a Palin because they know they can take her down in a second.

I am willing to bet the numbers from the establishment elites are a little different. Paul would take many votes from the left and left independents for a variety of reasons.

00_Pete
08-21-2010, 12:38 PM
They might be carefull for what they wish for, they can get the full 59% :eek:

DjLoTi
08-21-2010, 12:49 PM
I bet at least 3 of the 11% actually want Ron to run because they like him

Brooklyn Red Leg
08-21-2010, 01:17 PM
The left people want a Palin because they know they can take her down in a second.

Yep, its a helluva lot easier to debate an empty-headed NeoCon twat like Palin than it someone like Dr. Paul that has principles and a voting record to back it up. About the only thing they can try and tar Dr. Paul with are those stupid newsletters from years ago. However, I believe that would blow up in their face this time around.